HIS CLAIM

By Orphicknight

"You look awfully well for someone who died years ago." [ THIS STORY CONTAIN MATURE CONTENT!!! ] This is dar... More

(Writer's note)
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
88
Epilogue

87

7.8K 197 8
By Orphicknight

Elsa

Mikka was already at the clinic, waiting for us when we arrived. The closer we got to the examination room, the more anxious I got. I was dreading it more than ever. To get that confirmation that it was another miscarriage.

That another life was lost in me.

I felt suffocated.

Nicholas , Antonio, and Giovanni were just as worried. No one bothered to mask their emotions as they were concerned for my well-being and what was going to happen.

“So, what are we dealing with?” Mikka asked once she closed the door to give us some privacy while Antonio and Giovanni waited outside.

“I took a pregnancy test, it was positive but… I’m bleeding and cramping.” I swallowed hard as Mikka listened carefully to me. Nicholas  stayed close to me, holding me as if I would collapse at any moment. What I loved about Mikka was that even though she knew us, she was still being professional and not letting us see if she was concerned as she listened to me.

“Okay, we will do a blood test and do a transvaginal ultrasound for a more detailed view. Are you going to slap my hands if I come near you with a needle?” Mikka smiled and her teasing slightly lessened the tension in my body.

“I will try not to.” I returned her smile.

I looked away, focusing on Nicholas while she drew my blood. It wasn’t too bad this time. Or maybe because my mind was going crazy, and having me feeling more dreadful than ever.

I don’t want to go through this again…

“Please undress from the waist down and place your legs here.” Mikka instructed once she came back. My heart was beating faster and faster when I got on the hospital bed, bending my knees as she covered me to do the examination.

Nicholas  was next to me, holding my hand and caressing my head for comfort.

“Whatever happens, we’ll get through it, okay?” He whispered softly to me. Words were stuck in my throat. I was unable to say anything and gave a nod instead. I held his hand tightly, feeling like hours were passing by and I was trying my best not to let out a sob.

“Oh…” Mikka suddenly said, having us immediately look at her. Her brows were slightly furrowed as she focused on the screen and I braced myself for her to confirm I was miscarrying.

“What is it, Mikka?” Nicholas  asked impatiently, and just as anxious as I was.

“Well – Actually, you should see for yourselves.” She turned the screen around to us. I let out a shocked gasp when she explained what we were seeing.

“So, everything is fine? But what about the bleeding and cramping.” I stumbled on my words, afraid to get my hopes up in case it was a false alarm.

“You have nothing to worry about. What you’re experiencing  is implantation bleeding, which is normal. The cramping is because of hormone change and your womb is preparing itself.” Mikka explained.

“Everything is okay then?” I already had tears in my eyes as I asked one more time just to be sure. She gave me a warm smile.

“Everything is absolutely fine. Congratulations, guys! You’re going to be parents.” Mikka beamed. I covered my face with my hands, lightly sobbing at the news.

When Mikka left to give us some privacy. I looked at Nicholas , shocked, but he was still staring at the screen, not believing his eyes either. He let out a slow breath when he looked at me with a smile on his lips. He immediately cupped my face, pressing his lips to mine. A kiss that was so full of tenderness and relief. Even I let out a small laugh against his lips in pure happiness.

“I love you my , baby. So, so much.” Nicholas said in between kisses. His  grayish blue  eyes were bright with joy, having me sniff as tears were already making their way down my cheeks.

“I can’t believe this is actually happening.” I sat up, embracing him as tightly as I could without hurting him.

“I know.” Nicholas  let out a blissful sigh and kissed the top of my head. But then fear hit me full force and I clung to his arms, looking at him in panic.

“Nicholas … What if it happens again? I don’t want to – I can’t handle it one more time.” I cried out to him in a form of desperation. His expression hardened and placed his hands on my cheeks.

“It won’t happen again. It’s going to be different this time and not once are you going to leave my sight. No one’s ever going to hurt you again. Over my fucking dead body, do you understand?” Nicholas spoke firmly to me.

“What if some of them got away and are waiting to finish the job?” I whispered. The fear of possibly going through the misery of losing another baby again was deeply engraved in me. So much I felt the panic attack creep in on me.

Nicholas ’s expression softened and he took a seat on the chair in front of me.

“Don’t worry about it, we’ve got everything under control. And… I wasn’t going to tell you this but I’m getting rid of every single one of them. Anyone who was involved, anyone who knew about it, friends, families… I’m going to scare them out of whatever shithole they’re hiding in, and then I’m going to rip them limb from limb. Nothing will stop me. I’m burning them all. For you.” Nicholas held my hands and kissed them when I started to twiddle them around. It was one of my nervous traits.

“Tonight, everyone will understand that no one can or will fuck with Famiglia di Donavan.” There was a fire in his gaze, burning like a sun. It was so intimidating, dangerous, and so beautiful at the same time as he promised me every single one was going to pay for what they have done. Getting rid of every single one and more to ensure my safety.

Our safety.

I smiled when his hand went to my stomach, caressing it with pride and admiration that there was life growing.

“promised I would destroy the world for you. And I am. Anything to keep my little  fire.” Nicholas whispered, still looking at my stomach, feeling enchanted by it before he looked at me with a beautiful smile on his lips.

He did promise me, and not once had he failed to keep his promise. After all, Nicholas was a man of his word.

He was my villain, and…

“My Devil.” I whispered with a soft smile, and a mischievous look appeared on his face.

“And you, my love, this  Devil’s little fire” And he sealed my lips with a kiss full of promise, protectiveness, and so much love it had me melt in his arms.

Just when we opened the door to step out into the hallway, Antonio and Giovanni snapped their heads toward us. Giovanni had been pacing and quickly went to stop in front of me with Antonio.

“What took so long? What’s going on? Are you okay?”

Giovanni’s questions came out right after the others anxiously.

“Awh, look at you! And you say you don’t care about me.” I just had to tease him. He made it so easy for me right now.

“This is not the time, Elsa! Tell me!” Giovanni almost yelled in frustration. I glanced at Nicholas  miano before looking back at them.

“You’re going to be uncles.” I said with a big smile. I still barely could believe my own words.

But then something happened that left me completely shocked.

Giovanni embraced me.

I was stunned to the point my eyes went wide and my jaw dropped. I quickly snapped out of it and wrapped my arms around him too.

“You really do care about me.” I sniffed, my eyes tearing up, touched by his concern.

“Whatever. Just shut up about it.” He said but still hugged me tightly, feeling his body at ease. Giovanni stepped away and looked at Nicholas ,who was giving him a deadly glare but he had done a good job of not ripping him away from me.

“Sorry, Boss, I just had to. She’s our Donna.” Giovanni gave a few pats on his shoulder, looking relieved.

“I knew you would be all right. You’re one hell of a fighter, your baby will be nothing less than that.” Antonio pulled me into his arms and I felt his relief as he held me. It was Antonio’ s turn to receive the deadly look from Nicholas  and  when Antonio kissed the top of my head. But this was one of the few moments Nicholas  was doing his best by keeping himself in check. It had us both laugh at Nicholas ’s reaction before I went to him to calm him down.

“Let’s get you home.” Nicholas  held my hand as we made our way out.

“Actually, there’s something I need to do before we go home.” I told them.

.

I walked down the underground tunnel with Nicholas  close next to me and the others following right behind us. I had been here before but this time it was different. It was heavily secured with armed men everywhere to ensure no outsiders would be able to get in or out. They were on guard and ready for anything. They gave us a nod in respect when we passed them before we reached the familiar door that had witnessed the unimaginable.

The Chamber of Torture.

Taking one small deep breath to prepare myself, Nicholas  opened the door and we stepped in.

Geotano was chained to the wall, hanging from his wrists as he was slumped forward. Blood was dripping from his face and onto the ground. He had been brutally beaten, and if it wasn’t because I was able to hear his breathing, I would have thought he was dead.

Nicholas  kept by the door, his arms crossed as he leaned against it. This was something I had to do. To have my closure. I dragged a chair and sat in front of Geotano but made sure to keep enough distance even though his arms and legs were chained.

He lifted his head to look at me, and a wicked smile crept onto his lips, showing his blood-stained teeth before letting out a low laugh. I watched him, letting him laugh because he knew his life was over after this, and there was no escaping.

“So you win again, Nicholas .” His voice was filled with venom as he spat out my name. But I wasn’t bothered by his tone as I stared at him with a straight face, void of any emotions. I wasn’t feeling anything toward him. He didn’t deserve any form of sympathy.

“I just want to know why.” I told him. I wanted to know why he didn’t kill me the minute he learned I wasn’t his daughter, and why he pretended to be a loving father that wanted to protect me. When it was him I needed to be protected from.

“You took someone in that wasn’t yours, and treated him like your own. But me? You didn’t even try with me. You were all I knew about and I loved you more than anything as my father.” Ever since I knew about him remarrying shortly after my mother and I left, and taking in a son and treating him like his own, hurt me deeply. More than I wanted to admit.

Geotano stared at me, trying to move around to find a comfortable spot, but with the way he was hanging, I doubted he could.

“When I got the news I was going to be a father, I was  delighted. More than ever. So much I didn’t even care that it was going to be a girl.” He chuckled and I rolled my eyes. My mother was right. It was such a male-chauvinist world.

“At some point during the pregnancy, I got an anonymous tip that she had been unfaithful. I dismissed it, knowing people play dirty games to tear you apart. She barely left the house, how was she supposed to? When you were born and I held you in my arms for the first time, something didn’t feel right, but I dismissed it. They say you feel different when you get a newborn in your life.” He kept on chuckling as if remembering back to the good old days.

“As you got older, I still didn’t feel anything towards you. I tried but it still didn’t feel right. It felt like you weren’t mine… And I thought maybe that note played tricks on me. I even had a hard time calling you by your name.” Geotano scoffed. It now dawned on me why he always insisted on calling me figlia, daughter, and barely said my name.

“I kept dismissing it until I got news from my doctor. I am incapable of having children.” Geotano was looking me dead in the eye as he spoke.

“It wasn’t something that happened out of the blue. I was told about my problems when I was a young boy but I didn’t think more of it and it slipped my mind over the years until my doctor reminded me. That note kept lingering in the back of my mind, and that was when I finally decided to have a DNA test. Still, with the results in my hand, I couldn’t believe it. That was when I got another envelope sent, containing pictures of her with him!” He hissed out, rage swirling in his eyes.

I wasn’t bothered by his rage as I listened to everything. It made me wonder if it was Alexei’s mother who sent him those tips. Based on my mother’s explanation, she was the only one who knew and tried to get rid of her because of it.

“I was going to kill you both on the spot. But I couldn’t. A wife is a man’s honor. She made a joke out of me, and I couldn’t risk word getting out that my wife was being a slut and spreading her legs for the Russians.” This time, it was me boiling with rage at him insulting my mother.

“Elsa , stand up for a second.” Nicholas  gently took my hand as I got to my feet. Then Nicholas  grabbed the chair and crushed it on Geotano’s head. I watched the wooden chair splinter, letting me see just how much force he was using.

“Don’t strain yourself.” I said to Nicholas ,afraid he was getting himself hurt when he continued to bash him with the chair.

Geotano groaned out in pain, his head dangling from side to side before he composed himself and let out a laugh.

“Why did you pretend to be my father when I came for the engagement?” I asked, getting straight to the point. Geotano let out a snarl.

“You fucking almost ruined everything I had been working for!” He shouted in resentment.

“I had everything planned out, the fucking perfect plan! But people knew I had a daughter, so I faked your death as Elisabeth  Volante because no one asks questions about the dead. And you ruined it by showing up! I had to pretend you were my daughter, and I was doing this to protect you to save my plan. I couldn’t risk anyone finding out you’re Russian, that would ruin everything for me if they thought I was working with them.” His breathing came out loud and harsh in fury.

“So, I tried to get rid of you before it was too late and the news got out. I always kept my eyes on you and hired people to do the job. I sent human traffickers, and I even cut that worthless piece of shit’s tongue to send a message that it was my doing.” He started to laugh hysterically. My heart dropped as I remembered those men following us at the amusement park, and that guy who attacked me after the auction. He almost succeeded in getting rid of me.

Geotano faked caring for me to my face, but the minute I would turn around, he was trying to stab me over and over again in the back.

“Unfortunately for me, you already had protection. So, I focused on creating my army. I was becoming bigger and more powerful and I was about to show it to the world by succeeding in taking down the Russian scum. And then, I was going to find you and your mother and kill you.” Geotano’s eyes went wide in joy at the thought of not just killing Alexei and my mother, but me as well.

“You ruined everything for me! But at least, I got rid of The Devil’s spawn that was growing in your stomach.” He laughed loudly. I moved faster than I had ever before, taking Nicholas’ s gun before even he could react.

And I shot him.

Geotano roared out in pain as I shot him in the shoulder. I wasn’t going to give him the pleasure of giving a quick death. No. I wanted him to suffer as much as I’ve suffered.

He tried to take everything from me, and he made me -miserable. The sympathy that usually clung to my heart was gone. I didn’t feel anything but anger and resentment. I wanted them all to pay for hurting me and my loved ones.

I tilted my head at the way Geotano was screaming, having the corners of my mouth turn upwards in contentment.

“I get it now.” I said to Nicholas , and I shot Geotano’s other shoulder just to have him keep screaming in pain.

“It’s euphoric.” My heart was beating faster but it was because of excitement that was rushing through me. I looked at Nicholas ,and he was already looking at me, his eyes darkened with his devilish smirk on his lips. He leaned in closer, speaking only for me to hear.

“Seeing you like this is making me hard as fuck.” I gave him a sheepish grin, seeing the hint of lust in his eyes.

“Don’t worry, I will take care of you once I’m done here.” I gave him a quick kiss before turning my attention back to Geotano. He was screaming and panting in pain.

I grabbed him by the hair, forcing him to look into my cold eyes.

“What’s wrong? Why are you screaming? Take it like the big, powerful man you so generously talked about yourself.” I told him, a smirk lingering on my lips.

“Ever heard the saying overconfidence leads to failure? You’re setting a perfect example on that for everyone.” He only groaned out in pain as I spoke to him.

“Nicholas , where is Maria?” I asked, watching the panic in Geotano’s eyes.

“We’ve got her.”

“No! Leave her out of this!” He shouted at us, but I had no compassion. All I saw was red.

“Bring her here.” I said.

“Don’t you dare!” Gaeotano screamed.

“It’s my turn to make you suffer. You killed my baby, so I’ve killed your son. And now, I will make sure you will witness the death of your wife.” My voice was calm and steady as I spoke to him.

“My dear father, you were playing with The  Fire. And you’re about to get burned.” I gave him a vicious smile.

“I want him outside, tied to a pole.” I said to Nicholas

“Your wish is my command, mia Donna.” Nicholas  looked at Geotano with a sinister look, and for once, I think Nicholas  was curious to see what I had planned.

Every single one of Nicholas ’s men was gathered outside, watching Geotano tied to a pole, curious to see what would happen to him. I smiled when I saw my mother with Alexei make an appearance. I wanted her here for this as well.

Geotano looked like he saw a ghost. It had him speechless to see my mother alive and well, which made me grin with. delight.

“You! How are you still alive?!” He shouted, thrashing around to break free to get her, but it was of no use. He kept screaming, furious at the sight of my mother and Alexei. He stopped when Maria got dragged in front of him, watching in horror as she cried and begged for mercy.

They showed me no mercy, why should I? I wasn’t going to show anyone an ounce of kindness only for them to retaliate someday. I had to get rid of everyone for the safety of the life growing in me.

I took Nicholas ’s gun.

“Elisabeth, no!” Geotano shouted to me.

“Don’t say my name like I owe you any loyalty.” I spat out and stopped in front of my mother.

“Want to finish her off?” I asked, handing her the gun. After everything he did to my mother, I wanted him to watch her end his wife’s life. My mother looked at me in surprise before a smile broke out.

“I would love to.” She took the gun and stood in front of Maria, looking dead into Geotano’s eyes.

And then pulled the trigger.

One bullet after the other went into Maria’s stomach, all while Geotano was going crazy, trying to break free. And with a final bullet, she shot Maria  right in the head.

“Ah, that’s my Solnishko.” I heard Alexei say, making me smile. at his prideful tone.

“My turn.” I announced. Everyone watched me as I grabbed the gas can.

I poured the gasoline over his head, making sure every inch of him was drenched as I listed out the names of every single one he hurt and every single life he took of Nicholas ’s men.

I wanted him to remember their names before I ended his life.

I stepped away to a safe distance and Nicholas  stood next to me as I lit a matchstick and stared at Geotano.

“Goodbye, Geotano.” And I lit him on fire, watching the flames surrounding him. His scream was laced with pure agony as it filled out the silence.

I looked at Nicholas.

“He can’t hurt us again.” I leaned into him, relieved, and he held me tightly into him with his hand on my stomach.

“No. It’s over.”

And we watched the flames burning him alive...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 55 15
‼️WARNING‼️ 🔞Don't read if not above 18 or sensitive to sexual content 🔞 Francesca Knight At the young age of 13, on her birthday her father kille...
6.8K 329 19
The cold barrel presses sharply into my temple. "Go on," I goad. "Isn't this what you do to the people who piss you off?" His gaze hardens. His hand...
7.2K 96 51
This book can be read as a standalone, however, I advise you to read His Possession first. This would help you understand the context and not spoil t...
1.3K 65 10
I stepped into the doorway, turning back to look at him as he tucked his hands into his navy blue jean's pockets. Despite my obvious insecurity, I le...