boys; and other inconviences...

By wonniekinz

| all his life kim sunoo and his friends have been the under-dogs at his high school, but this year will be... More

001 ; kim sunoo's dingy garage
002 ; how (not) to attract a boy
003 ; barf boy
004 ; park sunghoon (derogatory)
005 ; uno out
006 ; mall rats
007 ; back to square one
008 ; boys, boys and more boys..
009 ; queen bee
010 ; hoonie
011 ; the boy's a liar
012 ; i pity the fool
013 ; human nature
014 ; in the heat of the night
015 ; corrupt me
016 ; ignorance is bliss
017 ; quiz me, baby
018 ; gemini
019 ; where art thou romeo?
020 ; year of the rat
021 ; and then the clock striked midnight
022 ; happy audition day (pt. 2)
023 ; cologne and confessions

022 ; happy audition day (pt. 1)

826 35 54
By wonniekinz

✧・゚: *김선우 + 박성훈✧・゚:*

Sunoo woke up bright and early on a day unlike any other.

Today was audition day, and audition days were practically like birthdays for him.. just without the cake. In order to make a good impression on Mrs. Winifred, the theatre director, he'd curled his hair to perfection and put on his best outfit. Everybody knew how Kim Sunoo was when it came to audition days, especially his mother.

She'd taken a photo of him to look back on each time he auditioned for a play starting from the time he was six years old, auditioning for a role in Annie. It was like a good luck charm of sorts. If they'd taken a photo then he was garunteed success. Sunoo himself wasn't the only reason he was such a theatre nerd, it was his mother who encouraged him the most. Making his costumes from scratch and going over lines with him.

She loved watching her son shine on stage so much that she was devastated when he quit.. which is why this Romeo and Juliet audition will make or break Sunoos future career in acting. Sunoo looked at himself in the mirror, struggling to cuff his sleves together when his mother knocked on the bathroom door softly and invited herself in.

Her face formed into a warm smile "You look so handsome! Here let me." She said, taking her sons wrist into her hand. Sunoo thought that he was excited to audition but his mother was quite literally over the moon. The last time she was this happy was when Bad Girls Club first aired... which was in 2006.

"Thanks mom" He grinned back at her.

Mrs. Lee-Kim cuffed the boys sleeves then fixed his hair in the front. "You're gonna do great today, I'm sure of it. Remember if you need me to come down there and talk to the staff I will-"

Sunoo shook his head faster than he could blink- giving his mom a deadpan look, knowing how she gets. "Mom, I do not need you meddling okay?" He said. If she were to come down to his school he could go ahead and kiss his nonexistent high school reputation goodbye. His mother wasn't a certified Karen, but when she wants too she can turn a whole insitution upside down real quick, especially when it comes to her son.

Mrs. Lee-Kim sighed, knowing her son was right. "I know.. it's just it's been so long since you've done you're theatre stuff y'know? Is it so wrong for a mom to want her son to dominate in everything he does?" She placed a gentle kiss on the top of Sunoos head, patting his shoulders.

"Yes, that's called tiger parenting."

The woman scoffed, hitting her son upside the head. "Didn't know I raised such a smart-ass." She remarked making Sunoo snicker.

"I'm iust how you intended me to be, exactly like you." Sunoo added on insult to injury, his mother simply rolled her eyes as she walked out the bathroom.

"You are my son that's for sure.. now hurry up! I wanna take some pictures before you leave."

Sunoo did the finishing touches on his look, welcoming all of today with good vibes and positivity. Nothing was gonna bring him down from his high.. not even the fact that he spent all last night looking up on google search engine: "What does it mean when you hate somebody but you wouldn't mind if the two of you kissed?"

and-

"Rats appearing in your dreams.. what does it mean?"

The boy hadn't even told anybody yet what had happened, not even Jungwon. Telling Jungwon he had a freaky dream is one thing... but telling him he was inches away from acting out said freaky dream is another. If he told him he went to Park Sunghoons house on an act of impulsivity he'd never hear the end of it from Yang Jungwon.

He wasn't even sure if he'd be able to face the older after running out like that yesterday, forgetting his cardigan and all. He was so embarrassed that he hadn't even answered the text message that Sunghoon had sent him asking if he wanted him to bring the Cardigan to school today.

Sunoo shook off the embarrassing memories of yesterday and made his way downstairs, everybody turning to look at him waltz down the staircase.

"There he issss! The man of the hour." Jungwon said at the sight of his friend.

It is expected of everybody to act appropriately and hype Kim Sunoo up on his audition days. It's an unsaid rule in the Lee-Kim household. So if you see him- you have to treat him like a goddess.

Sunoo snatched a piece of toast off of the breakfast table. "Am I popular today?" He mumbled, the toast in his mouth muffling his speech.

"So very popular, and dashing I see. Juliet could never." Jungwon joked.

Sunoo laughed, when from the corner of his eye he spotted Chaeryeong looking busy on her phone towards the front door and almost dropped his marbles. The girls hair was shortly cut in a bob, a streak of black in her maroon hair. He'd been telling her for ages she'd look amazing with short hair but it's not really like her to up and cut her hair like that so he didn't expect her to cut it anytime soon, yet there she was.

He immediately dropped everything and shook the girl by her shoulders to get her attention. "Chaeryeong your hair oh my god, it's so badass. What influenced this decision?"

"Language!" Mrs. Lee-Kim hollered from where she sat on the couch.

Sunoo rolled his eyes. "Mom, badass is mainstream okay? Get with the times."

Chaeryeong began to sweat, trying to come up with an answer. "Uhh I just wanted my hair out of my face y'know? Let's get a move on it, yeah? Don't wanna be late on your audition day!" The girl ran out of the house to go start the car up before anybody could even say anything.

Jungwon looked at Sunoo with skepticism in his eyes. They both knew just who exactly influenced her to get her hair cut in that style, and watching her lie directly in their faces like that kind of stung. Sunoo had told Jungwon all about it last night on the phone, how he'd found out the real reason Chaeryeong had been MIA for awhile now.

"When are we gonna tell her we know? I can't keep acting like booboo the fool. Last night she came home humming the melody of some rock song." Jungwon whispered to his pink-haired friend.

Sunoo shook his head, there had to be more to this. Chaeryeong had never ever lied to them before.

"Maybe she'll tell us.. there has to be a reason she's keeping it from us, she wouldn't lie unprovoked... right?" He replied feeling hopeful.

"Maybe." Jungwon shrugged.

Mrs. Lee-Kim walked into the room with her polaroid camera out ready to take some pictures. "Okay! Get against that wall it has the best lighting.." She said. Sunoo rolled his eyes, doing as she said regardless.

"Aren't I too old for this?"

"Hush." Mrs. Lee-Kim focused the camera.

"Alright! Say- Break a leg!" She cheesed at him, making Sunoo smile back despite not wanting to take the photo.

"Break a leg!"

------------------------------------------

Sunoo walked beside his four-eyed friend down the hallways of Lincoln Hill, the two of them chatting about trivial topics before having to be on their way to class.

Chaeryeong had ran off as soon as they pulled into the school, so it was just them two. It'd been a long time since they'd just had a complete and utter normal day, Kim Sunoo feeling a kind of peace within himself whenever he'd turn a corner and Park Sunghoon wasn't there waiting for him with a machete.

His superstitions and paranoia were beginning to become reality. Suddenly everyone looked like Sunghoon. Every shadow in every corner and innocent water fountain somehow took the shape of the guitarist he detested so very much.

The boys guard was up full-time today-doing what he knows how to do best; avoid confrontation and deny, deny, deny.

Sunoo peered over his shoulder and scoped all of his surroundings out, making sure his enemy wasn't feet away from him, ready to attack.

"Did you watch episode four last night? Team Jeremiah all the way." Jungwon started up some innocent conversation about the most recent episode of The Summer I Turned Pretty as they walked together. Jungwon waited a long time for the airheaded boy next to him to respond before looking up from his phone at him, his eyebrows furrowed and confused.

The boy was obsessively looking every which way like some kind of maniac.

"Helloooo earth to Kim Sunoo..." Jungwon tried once again.

Sunoo snapped out of his trance and made eye contact with his friend. "Hey.. be careful with my government name like that, never know who could be around... oh and Team Conrad, duh." Sunoo whispered in response. His bestfriend looked at him as if he were growing two heads.

Jungwon scoffed, crossing his arms sassily. "What? Don't tell me you have like aliens out to get you now.. actually is this about-"

Sunoo slapped his hand over the boys mouth, ushering him along to move a little further away from the crowds of students. "Jungwon! You almost compromised me just then.. and no! It isn't about Park Sunghoon so... mind your business." The pink haired boy whisper-yelled. Jungwon looked dumbfounded at him, clawing the boys hand off of his face.

"I was gonna ask if this was about your audition day.. if you didn't want people to know you were auditioning or something, not Park Sunghoon.. where'd you get that from?"

Kim Sunoo blinked, his cheeks turning a rosy shade. "Oh... whoops"

Jungwon rolled his eyes as he walked ahead of his dumbass bestfriend. Sunoo grew alert as they neared the gymnasium.. his first class of the day.

His first class of the day with none other than Park Sunghoon.

Students were lined up outside of the gym today which was a rare sight to see. Usually their class would be inside already. Sunoo looked around in search of Coach Jenkins... but only found his worst nightmare in return. The raven haired boy was leaning against a wall, listening to Gyuvin tell some outrageous tinder story, completely oblivious to Sunoos presence- and Sunoo wanted to keep it that way.

"I'll see you at lunch." Yang Jungwon was trying to beat the bell before he was late to his homeroom but his bestfriend just was not having it.

Sunoo dove behind Jungwon before he could escape, walking in sync with him as if walking any faster would make him invisible. Jungwon froze in place with his hands on his hips as he watched his idiotic friend walk off in the distance, oblivious to the fact that he stopped walking ages ago.

"Sunoo don't you have somewhere you need to be?" Jungwon spoke, bringing his friend back down to earth.

"Ugh can't I just come to your class! They won't even notice me I swear-" Sunoo tugged on his four-eyed friends sweater, looking like a sad puppy.

Jungwon sighed, observing the paranoid mess in front of him he sadly calls his bestfriend. "Kim Sunoo would never skip a class." He said, and Sunoo knew it was true because he really wouldn't. He's had perfect attendance since the time he could remember his ABC's.

The sound of a sudden intercom chime made Sunoo divert his attention towards back down the hall.

"All of Coach Jenkins homeroom students report to classroom 4B please."

For once in his life, Sunoos prayers had been answered. All of the class lined up on the wall began to make their merry little way to classroom 4B and Sunoo waited till Park Sunghoon was out of his sight for good before he tagged along behind everyone else, waving his four-eyed friend goodbye.

When he walked into the bustling classroom in search of a seat, all he could spot out was an empty seat next to the person he wanted to avoid most. Park Sunghoon. Coach Jenkins looked over at him confused as to why he was frozen at the front of the classroom. "Kim, take a seat." She said, gesturing towards the seat next to Sunghoon.

Even if Sunoo wanted to convince somebody to swap seats, he couldn't anymore because Sunghoon had finally acknowledged his existence in the classroom, looking up from his cellphone and locking eyes almost immediately. Sunoo bit the inside of his mouth and decided to suck it up, walking down the row of seats and begrudgingly taking a seat next to the guitarist.

Coach Jenkins blew hard on her whistle once to gather her rowdy classrooms attention. "Since Cody decided to puke in the gym.. in order to air it out and clean it, we'll be having free time in this period today so do whatever you want- just don't bother me." She finalized, and everyone turned back to their friends to talk. Everyone except for Sunoo and Sunghoon.

Sunoo wished desperately for somebody to crack open a window and throw him out of it. He couldn't bare sit in awkward silence with the raven-haired boy, and it wasn't like he could act like he had something sooo much better to do on his phone than talk to him because Lincoln Hills wifi is incredibly ass. He held his breath, afraid to speak.. convinced that if he did- he and Sunghoon both would explode on impact.

Sunghoon was unaware of this fact. He didn't see the point in beating around the bush. He cleared his throat, in hopes of clearing the awkward tension in the air at the same time. "You forgot your sweater at my house yesterday when you ran out." The two words: "ran out" was like a sting to Sunoo's person, really putting into perspective how stupid he acted yesterday.

He watched as the raven-haired boy dug the sweater out of his backpack and offered it to him.

It took a while for Sunoo to register that he was even talking to him, not wanting to acknowledge his presence. "Oh... thanks," Sunoo replied, taking the sweater from out of his hands. After awhile he was greeted by awkward silence again and he couldn't stand it. Chewing anxiously on the eraser of his pencil, he peered over at his seatmate and examined his face through his bangs.

Park Sunghoon was unreadable as always, and somehow this time it put Sunoo at ease. If there was one thing Sunoo was good at doing, it's pretending things never happened.. and for once he was glad somebody was going along with it.

Kim Sunoo cleared his voice, gathering up all the courage he had to mutter; "Have you rehearsed any today?"

"Hm?" The boy blinked slow, taking out the airpod in his left ear.

Sunoo rolled his eyes. "For the auditions.." He clarified, a touch of impatience creeping into his tone.

Sunghoon's eyes widened in
realization. "That's today?" he gasped.

Sunoo let out an exasperated sigh, crossing his arms where he sat. "I told you yesterday, do you listen to anything I say?"

The older boy scoffed, leaning back in his chair carelessly. "Pfft of course I knew that, I was just testing you."

Sunoo couldn't help but look at the boy infront of him and his big fat ego in disbelief. "Just do as you did in theatre class that day and I'm sure you'll be fine.. and most importantly, don't embarrass me." Sunoo glared at him. Sunghoon put a defensive hand on his chest, obviously offended. "Have a little faith in me, Princess." He said, nudging the boy with his elbow teasingly. Suno rolled his eyes.

"That's a big favor to ask of somebody sane..." He mumbled, doodling in his journal aimlessly to pass time.

Sunoo could feel the raven-haired's eyes peering nosily over his shoulder and into his journal, but he didn't mind. The delinquent put his arm around the back of the boys chair and slouched in his own as he watched him draw. Sunoo had gotten used to the older invading his personal space so much that this time he didn't even react when his finger-tips would slightly brush his shoulder. After yesterday Sunoo wasn't sure if he could ever be normal around him ever again, but honestly things were already back to normal.

"And you're the 'sane' one?" Sunghoon teased.

Sunoo scoffed "Well it surely isn't you."

The boy's reponse made Sunghoon sit up
entirely, ready to plead his case. "Sunoo, you invited yourself over to my house yesterday and found out my address.. which by the way- I'm still trying to figure out how you managed to find out where I live... maybe you really are a stalker." Sunghoon retaliated, crossing his arms dramatically like a damsel in distress.

Sunoo felt his face heat up. He knew what he had done yesterday was an entirely impulsive decision, but he'd yet to register how actually unclear he was thinking that day. "I asked if it was bad time and you said I should stay! And I got your address from Yoon, so I am not a stalker-" Sunghoon could tell the pink haired boy was a little embarrassed as he watched him desperately explain himself. It was cute watching his ears turn all rosy.

Sunghoon laughed. "Relax, I'm just messing with you.." he teased. Sunoo looked away out the window in embarrassment, his sleeves hiding his mouth as his head rested gently in his hands. "I know.." He mumbled, still slightly flustered. The delinquents stupid eyes wouldn't leave Sunoo's stupid face, despite him shying away.

"You can always come over y'know... regardless if you're invited." Sunghoon used his free hand to move the hair out of Sunoo's eyes, forcing him to make eye contact.

Sunoo felt his mouth go dry, his stomach suddenly doing flips, the kind of flips it does when you're on a rollercoaster- yet there was no rollercoaster in sight to blame his butterflies on. He knew the older wasn't joking, but he kind of wished he was. He didn't know how to react when Park Sunghoon would be sweet to him.

"Don't you have your bandmates to come over and entertain you? I''m a very booked and busy person, you'll have to schedule an appointment with me." Kim Sunoo managed to joke, earning a snort from his seatmate.

Sunghoon shivered just at the thought of his bandmates in his home. "Why would you think Jake is allowed in my house? If I had it my way he'd be forbidden from sitting on my couch without plastic covering it."

The pink haired boy rolled his eyes. "Wow what'd Jake do to you to get the 'outside dog' treatment? And what about the others.. are they not allowed over Prince Sunghoons pad either?"

Sunghoon shook his head faster than he could register the question. "That guy is prone to accidents. One time we got drunk in Ryujin's basement, he spilled a whole gallon of beer on her carpet.. and as for the others I just don't trust them. I dunno I've just always been particular with people coming over..." Sunghoon shrugged. Sunoo was surprised honestly, he was not expecting that answer. If anything he'd think Rogue would be over his house almost everyday, especially Jay.

The pink-haired boy thought back to when he asked Hari if he were one of the first guests to ever be over at Park Sunghoons house, and the very embarrassing response that followed the question.

If he just suddenly asked; "What about Wonyoung..? Is she allowed over?" Would he answer? Sunoo erased the very idea from his mind. He couldn't lie and say he hadn't been thinking nonstop about Hari asking him to be her brothers new "girlfriend", but some things should just stay between him and an eight year old.

Sunoo cleared his voice. "It just sounds like you like a clean house.. is that it? Who knew you were such a housewife." He teased.

"Don't think I've forgotten about how much of a light-weight you are. If you ever throw up in my house, you may or may not find yourself on the banned list."

Sunoo glared at him. "So you won't nurse me back to sobriety!? Rude."

Sunghoon nodded "Sure, we'll go with something like that."

Kim Sunoo couldn't believe what he was hearing. "The only reason I'd ever be caught dead at your house is for Hari, anyways." The boy crossed his arms pettily.

"Right" Sunghoon replied, sounding unconvinced.

The pink-haired boy scowled at him, his eyes slowly leading down to the two undone buttons of the olders shirt. His face fell into a displeased expression, realizing the delinquent had completely forgotten to wear what he sent him. The dresscode for people auditioning for Romeo was a plain white dress shirt and red tie.

Instead Park Sunghoon was sporting a black dress shirt, and no tie in sight. It was almost as if he were begging to not get this part at this point. Sunoo couldn't believe he was about to let him get away with this.

"What are you wearing?? I sent you what you were supposed to wear on audition day! If you're gonna wear something entirely different atleast wear it right.." Sunoo took the matter into his own hands and began to button his shirt back together. Park Sunghoon watched as the boys face scrunched into a concentrated look before stopping him.

"I didn't have a red tie.. and the unbuttoning is a fashion choice! Trust me once the judges see how sexy I am, they'll be seduced and ask me to be Romeo immediately." Sunghoon explained cockily.

Kim Sunoo gave him a blank expression. He was sure his thought process had to be detrimental to his brain.

"You just look like Romeos douchier cousin, and fix your hair, Ms. Winifred goes crazy for pushed back hair... I think I have a hair straightener in my bag, actually." Sunoo dug out the straightener from his bag and plugged it into the wall next to their seats. Kim Sunoo didn't really care if his classmates were looking, desperate times call for desperate measures, especially in the case of a fashion emergency

"I know this may just be a walk in the park for you Sunghoon but I take this stuff seriously, and if you don't get this part- I'll kill you for wasting my time I swear..." The boy scolded the guitarist as he took to his hair with the flat iron. Sunghoon couldn't lie and say that he didn't enjoy the younger bossing him around these past few days. To be quite honest, he only wore the wrong thing to see Kim Sunoo's reaction, knowing how much of a perfectionist he is.

"Are you even listening to me?" Sunoo looked down at the older in frustration after waiting for a response, only to find that Sunghoons eyes hadn't left his face. He was looking up at him as if he were to look away, Kim Sunoo would dissappear into thin air. Standing so close in front of the guitarsy he could he see him up close for the first time, how the pushed back hairstyle framed his handsome face. Kim Sunoo was sure that if he wanted to he could count all of the eyelashes on his face.

"You're gonna murder me if I fuck up, I got it, don't worry." The delinquent reiterated.

Sunoo swallowed hard, frozen with the hair straightener in his hand. He couldn't even conjure up a funny response- too busy trying to figure out what that 'look' the older just gave him was about. Park Sunghoon had already moved on but he was still replaying the moment they'd locked eyes in his head. The boy couldn't tell you why he felt so hot and sweaty all of a sudden.

He panicked and unplugged the flat iron, setting it on the desk to let it cool before shoving it back in his bag, wiping his now sweaty hands on his pants. "I'm done. You look way less ugly than before I'd say..." The boy rambled, trying to play off his random nervousness. Sunghoon opened his camera app to check what Sunoo had done to his precious hair.

Sunoo watched the older boys face carefully for a reaction. Suddenly Sunghoon broke out into a fit of laughter, making Sunoo furrow his eyebrows.

"What's so funny? You look ten times better than whatever you had going on earlier!" He crossed his arms sassily, waiting for the delinquent to stop laughing and answer him.
He'd been laughing for so long his eyes were beginning to water. Sunoo looked like a pouty tomato. He's always been confident in himself and his ability to give makeovers but the older was making him second guess himself.

Sunghoon wiped his eyes and sat up straight, regaining his composure. Sunoo waited eagerly to hear what he had to say, knowing it would probably piss him off.

"Kim Sunoo.. It's just- I look like some douche bag you'd probably date." The guitarist managed to get out in a fully formed sentence without laughing.

Sunoo's facial expression immediately changed from eager, to dissapointed. His face was so red as it dawned on him, looking at the olders hairstyle and dwelling on what had just came out of his stupid mouth.

"Okay, fuck you." Sunoo said.

Sunghoon knew he'd teased him all too much today but he couldn't help it. His reactions were worth it. "Am I lying? You turned me into a total dickhead." He protested, reaching out to playfully dishevel his hair but Sunoo swatted him away.

"I'm not a magician Sunghoon, I can't turn you into something you already are. God you piss me off..." The pink-haired boy snapped at him.

Sunghoon raised an eyebrow at his attitude, having never seen the boy get all pissy like that before. On one hand he was slightly scared for his safety and on the other he just wanted him to do it again. Kim Sunoo hadn't realized how defensive he'd sounded just then, feeling immediately embarrassed after saying all of it.

"Aw c'mon don't be like that princess, I was just teasing." He tugged on the stone-faced boys cheek, trying to earn a smile or some kind of sign he doesn't actually want to murder him in cold blood.

Kim Sunoo didn't budge, the same pout cemented onto his face. "What does somebody I'd date even look like? You don't even know what I like.." He mumbled.

"Well, you obviously have a type."

"And what about you? Is your type snobby, crazy girls who are obsessed with you?" He retaliated, shifting in his seat to face the older.

The delinquent shrugged "I don't have type. Why taste one when you could taste all?"

Sunoo rolled his eyes so far he was afraid they'd get stuck behind his head. What else was to be expected from none other than Rogue's infamous playboy?

"That's not what I asked you." The pink-haired boy stated plainly.

"You want to know what I'm into that badly?" The guitarist pestered on, making Sunoo roll his eyes.

"I'm just curious since you seem to know so much about my type.. y'know." Sunoo replied.

Park Sunghoon sat up in his seat and Sunoo watched him in anticipation. "Hmm well, let's see... I do especially find myself liking feet, oh how I love the smell and the texture-" Sunoo's shoulders immediately dropped, feeling a mixture of dissapointment and disgust.

He shoved the older roughly, watching him laugh as if he'd just told the funniest joke ever. "Can you be serious? Stop playing around."

Sunghoon straightened up again: "Okay, okay.. You really wanna know?"

"Park Sunghoon." Sunoo was this close to beating his ass. The line of his patience was a very thin one.

"I like-"

The bell rung at the shittiest timing, everybody getting up from there seats backpacks in hand. Sunoo watched as the older got up from their shared seat and did the same, feeling dumbfounded.

"Hello? You like what? I didn't hear you." He gathered his shit and trailed behind him like a cop car.

The guitarist gave him a pat on the shoulder. "That sounds like a you problem. I'll see you after school, yeah?"

Sunoo couldn't believe what had just happened to him, standing frozen in the middle of the hallway like an idiot as he walked off. He knew violence wasn't the answer but with Park mf Sunghoon that seemed to be the only way he'd ever get through to him and his trifling ass. He DREAMED of putting him in a WWE ring one day.

He could only pray that this afternoon would go smoothly.

A/N: i almost killed myself  TWICE while writing this shit bruh.. so please enjoy. like i really don't know why this was so hard to write.

part 2 coming soon.

Continue Reading