The Billionaire's Offer

By CelesteABrook

[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] After seeing the women's shelter she worked hard to build burn down to the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 9

2.1K 149 41
By CelesteABrook

Asher

Even though it's been hours since I left my meeting with the board and the PR team, I'm still running on adrenaline as I pull over to Emma's place to pick her up for the charity gala.

Max insisted I got a limo service since it would be my first public appearance with Emma, but I needed some sense of normality after this tumultuous day so I drove here myself.

I know I'll have to get used to all the fuss that comes with this new life, but I'll hold on while I can.

Standing at her doorstep, I take a deep breath as she swings the door open. Damn, when will this woman stop affecting me like this?

She's wearing a champagne satin gown that hugs her curves just right, and her hair is up in a fancy updo that highlights her delicate features. But it's the sight of her lips, coated in a deep shade of red, that makes my cock twitch in my pants.

Fuck. A jolt of pure carnal need runs through my veins as I imagine her lips wrapping around my cock. Exactly what I don't need right now.

"Hey," I murmur when my eyes finally meet hers. "Are you ready to go?"

"Sure." She gives me a knowing smile as she turns to lock the door behind her.

"Jesus..." I mumble to myself, mentally going over the damn ground rules we came up with. The back of her dress has got this deep V-shape that starts high up but then dips down, revealing the curve of her spine. It goes without saying that it fucks with my head in a hundred different ways.

"Did you say anything?" She turns to me.

"Aren't you going to feel cold?" I clear my throat, wondering how I'm going to survive tonight.

She raises her eyebrows. "I'll be fine."

"You look amazing, by the way." I extend my hand to her.

"Thanks." She smiles, her hand wrapping around mine. "I like the tux, too."

As we settle in the car, I clear my throat, trying to think about something that doesn't involve me kissing her. "How was the rest of your day?"

"Long, but extremely productive." I feel her gaze on me. "Max stopped by the shelter before we wrapped things up for the day and helped me figure out some issues we were having with the construction company we hired."

"Oh." I steal a glance at her. "He didn't mention anything."

"It was a quick visit," she says. "He said he's confident the board will give you a chance to prove yourself."

"Yeah..." I frown, my heart kicking in my chest. "I hope you were able to sort everything out with the construction company?"

"Max thinks we should renegotiate the contract, so we've arranged another meeting for next week." She sighs. "We'll see how things go."

"I didn't realize he was so involved in the shelter..." I turn to her as we pull over to the event.

"He's been really helpful," she says, her eyes darting to the busy streets. "We've been swamped with work."

"I can't even imagine." I force a smile on my lips. There's no reason at all for me to get upset about Max helping her out. Especially when I've been so caught up with the company's problems that I haven't managed to help her myself. But as much as I try to pretend I'm fine, I can easily recognize the feeling running through my veins now: jealousy.

Stupid and unreasonable. I know.

Stepping out of the car, I quickly move to open the passenger door for her. A valet appears by my side, ready to take over, and the moment my hand touches Emma's, a sudden burst of light fills the air.

In second, a barrage of flashing lights and the sound of clicking shutters greet us as a swarm of paparazzi shout our names and fight for the best angle.

No doubt, the combination of the Sullivans and Cavendish will make a significant impact on the business world. So, Emma and I were definitely expecting some sort of attention after our PR team released a statement about our engagement earlier today. But the sheer number of people surrounding us is mind-blowing.

"Asher!" someone shouts. "Asher, are you just a placeholder CEO until Max recovers?"

My hands find Emma's back, and as I guide her inside, someone else yells, "Asher, what are your qualifications to run a billion-dollar company? Do you even know what you're doing?"

Ignoring the barrage of questions, I keep moving forward. "Asher, rumors suggest you've had your fair share of relationships. Is this one any different?"

The flashing lights and the relentless rapid-fire questions swirling around us create a surreal atmosphere. But I still manage to catch Emma's eyes and give her a reassuring smile. After the day she had and all she's been through recently, I was really hoping we could simply have a good time tonight.

"Emma, we've heard rumors about your rocky relationship with your father. How does he feel about Asher stepping into such a prominent role?" another man shouts, causing Emma to momentarily freeze.

"We're almost there," I reassure her, my hand gently pressing against her back. "Come on."

Despite the crowd of guests congesting the carpeted entrance, we press forward, eventually crossing over into the building and reaching the reception hall.

"Jesus," I murmur as I snatch two glasses of champagne from a passing server.

Emma chuckles softly as she accepts a glass. "That was intense."

I raise my glass, lightly touching it to hers. "To chaotic first public appearances."

"Cheers." She smiles, clinking her glass with mine.

Inside the grand reception hall, the atmosphere is a symphony of elegance. The soft glow of crystal chandeliers illuminates the room, and the soothing notes of a live orchestra playing romantic melodies fill the air. I know I should start mingling and networking, but my attention is irreversibly drawn to the woman by my side.

So, when Sinatra's 'The Way You Look Tonight' starts playing, I hold her hand and pull her to me. "Wanna dance?" I ask, and she narrows her eyes playfully.

"Sure."

As we step onto the dance floor, everything else fades away, and it's just us and the singer's smooth voice. We sway slowly, my lips touching the side of her head as our bodies move in perfect unison. And damn, it's heady. Addictive. So fucking good, it feels like we've never been apart.

For a quick second, it's like we're alone in the world and my heart swells with happiness. It's amazing that we get a chance to reconnect after all the unspoken words and pain we experienced when we broke up years ago. It's truly an unexpected gift, even if it comes entangled in the complexities of this insane business deal.

One way or the other, I'm really grateful that we are here.

Looking at her, a smile tugs at my lips as my palm slides down her lower back. "You know," I whisper in her ear, "we're not just here to put on a show for the cameras."

Drawing back slightly to meet my gaze, her eyes sparkle and a hint of a smile plays on her lips. "Oh really? And what are we here for, Asher?"

"We're here," I continue, my lips brushing against her ear, "to show them just how convincing we can be."

A soft chuckle escapes her lips, and I don't miss the way her breath catches in her throat. In a second, our dance becomes more intimate and our bodies more attuned. The chemistry between us is undeniable, and even though our relationship is supposed to be fake, the desire reflected in our eyes is definitely real.

As if having a mind of their own, my fingers trail along the curve of her waist. I'm not sure who I'm torturing more: me or her. But I just can't stop myself. "Let's give them a show they won't forget," I whisper, knowing I'm playing with fire, but unable to resist teasing her.

Emma's gaze meets mine, her eyes filled with a mixture of longing and uncertainty. "Asher..." she murmurs.

I lean in closer, our lips almost touching. "Dancing is not against the rules, right?" I whisper.

Before she can say anything, the last note of the song lingers in the air and someone shouts her name. "Emma," a tall blonde man calls out, his tone filled with familiarity.

"Hey." I hear him say, and before I know it, he's enveloping her in a hug.

"Frank, hi." Emma smiles, her voice laced with genuine joy. "I didn't know you were back."

"Grandma decided to throw herself an eightieth birthday party, so I had to cut my trip short," he says, his eyes finally moving to me.

"Uh... Asher, this is Frank." Emma clears her throat. "Frank, this is Asher."

"Her fiance," I add, noticing how his eyes widen as he turns his attention back to her.

"We go way back," Emma says, blushing as she holds Frank's gaze.

"Nice to meet you, man. Emma and I have worked together for a while now." Frank extends his hand towards me, and I greet him with a polite handshake.

"You too," I say, my eyes briefly flickering toward Emma.

"Well... Uh..." Emma starts, her eyes moving between Frank and me as if trying to figure out a puzzle.

"Save me a dance, okay?" He gives her a warm smile before turning to me. "Enjoy your evening."

With a nod, I watch Frank walk away. "He didn't sound so happy to know you're getting married."

"God..." Emma shakes her head, her expression thoughtful. "It finally dawned on me that I'll need to explain you to a bunch of people."

I cock my head to the side, my curiosity now fully piqued. "What does that mean?"

She sighs, her gaze distant. "Frank and I had just broken up before he went to Italy to visit some of his family."

"I asked if you were in a relationship..."

She rolls her eyes playfully. "Did you hear the part where I told you we had broken up?"

"Fair enough..." I force a smile.

"Frank has been volunteering at the shelter for years..." Emma begins, her voice carrying a hint of nostalgia that makes me swallow hard. Despite my efforts to suppress it, I feel a twinge of jealousy stirring within me. I hate that we both have a past now; hate that I have no right to feel how I feel.

"We should start mingling," I say, but before I can continue, Emma's eyes widen as her gaze moves past me.

"Oh, shit," she mutters, her eyes widening. "My father is coming our way."

_____

A/N: So now we have an ex-boyfriend + Max in the game, huh? And on top of everything, we have Emma's father coming their way... I wonder what kind of trouble is about to happen.

Thanks so much for your support! Please remember to vote every time you hit a new chapter.

XOXO

Celeste

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 8.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
11.2K 1.2K 27
[sports romance / alpha] After a long night of work, the dread of being cornered by two drunks is the last thing Andie needs. But when a ruggedly han...
1.7M 49.9K 63
18+ After her devastating breakup leaves her broke and jobless, Sienna Bardot is determined to do whatever it takes to find her standing and save he...
702K 23.1K 79
"Do you still have the same feelings for me?" He gently asks. I avert my gaze and look down at the floor. I want to scream at him and say no. I...