HIS CLAIM

By Orphicknight

"You look awfully well for someone who died years ago." [ THIS STORY CONTAIN MATURE CONTENT!!! ] This is dar... More

(Writer's note)
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Epilogue

72

8K 221 6
By Orphicknight

Nicholas

I had taken Elsa out to eat after she complained about how she had a long day, not only training in the morning but also having an extra workout in fucking up Miciela, and she still hadn't gotten anything to eat besides breakfast. After eating to her heart's content, she fell asleep in the car as I drove us to the mansion at the vineyards to get some peace.

I gazed at her sleeping form in the passenger seat, smiling when her lips were lightly parted and let out a faint snore. I found it too endearing, and it let me know she was having a good sleep.

I carried her in my arms and went to the master bedroom. I tucked her into bed, caressing her cheek as I admired her, memorizing each of her features. It took everything in me not to lie next to her and hold her in my arms. Instead, I got up and made my way back to the car once again.

I drove off once one of my men pulled up to make sure Elsa was going to sleep with no disturbance while I was gone. The mansion was a safe place, but I didn't want to take any chances. She had gone through enough already.

Glancing at the passenger seat, my eyes landed on her phone that slipped out of her pocket. My brows furrowed as the thought of her phone being hacked after I had gotten rid of her necklace. That bastard was truly too eager for any kind of information. Unfortunately for him, I never mentioned anything relevant to him when Elsa was present.

I grabbed it and turned it off. I would have Josh do a check for me.

I pulled up in front of the large, white building where I usually held my business meetings in Italy. I took a quick scan around, some of my men greeting me before I headed in. I made my way through the doubled office doors where everyone was already present, including my father, as I was the last to arrive. On the other end of the table were the Romanos.

I took a seat and leaned back, raising a brow and waiting for them to talk.

"You must understand why I have requested a meeting with. you. I want to understand what has been going on before taking extreme measurements." Tommaso's eyes held anger, but frankly, I didn't give two shits about it.

"We have been in business together for a long time. We had a deal, yet you killed two of my children. For what?!" He hissed out. His chest was heaving as he tried to control his anger. I looked at him for a while with scrutinizing eyes before I let out a small laugh.

"I don't know about you, Tomasso, but I was raised by women. And in my family, we don't fuck around when it comes to our women. We value them. We kill in their names. So, tell me, was I not right in getting rid of your daughter who harassed my wife, and mocked her? In killing your son who demanded my wife's head for defending herself?" I tilted my head with a chilling smile. He shared a look with his son, Monrao, at the mention of my wife. They knew it was a promised death if you went after a Don's wife, no matter who the fuck you were.

"This is not something I can slide." Tomasso decided to say.

"That's up to you. We can settle things right here, right now." I shrugged and pulled out my gun, my men following my move. The Romanos tensed up, now alert, as they analyzed the situation.

"However, you know damn well you don't want to start a war with me. You need me in your business, but I don't need you. You are replaceable to me. And everything you have worked for will crumble. Your family will be gone, too. So, what do you choose? Think wisely because I will show no mercy after this." I gave him a cunning smile. Tomasso looked distressed, but he knew he stood no chance against me. They were outnumbered, and I enjoyed seeing the sweat form on his forehead about it.

Everyone had a price they were willing to accept to turn a blind eye to a situation. And he was exactly one of them. A power- and money-hungry type of man, which made him a good asset in the business. The results were never disappointing because of his eagerness. But he knew starting a war with me would mean he would lose everything, and more. Because I would destroy anyone who dared to go after my wife.

"They say one bad apple spoils the whole barrel. I found two and got rid of them. Maximo and Miciela let their ego take over and acted foolishly. My issues were with them and not with you." I told him truthfully. Tomasso thought about it for a while before looking down at the table in submission, having me smirk.

"Good choice." I got up from my seat and looked at his son, Monrao, who was going to take over now that Maximo was dead.

"Learn from your siblings' mistakes, and we will have a long partnership. I will meet with you next week, and we can discuss business. Goodnight, gentlemen." Without another word, I left. I turned my head slightly to the side as I walked, seeing my father was catching up to me.

"Your mother raised you well." He gave my shoulder a few pats, and I gave him a nod. I knew this was him apologizing for what he said earlier. He was never the type to apologize directly with words and always found alternative ways to do.

As I stepped outside, I found Josh standing next to my car, waiting for me.

"What's the status?" I asked him, and he let out a sigh.

"Her medical journal was hacked and left accessible for anyone to see. I couldn't trace it back to who did it since they have had time to cover their tracks." My eyes narrowed at the information.

"Probably the bastard who did it." He added.

"Most likely his doing. He must have caught up on we wanted to keep the whole pregnancy on the low." I rubbed my jaw. It was that damned necklace. I should have gotten rid of it as soon as possible.

"I need you to check her phone. think he hacked into her phone and used it as a listening device. Must be the only explanation." I handed him Elsa's phone.

"Got it. Well, you can also ask Sofia herself why and how they got that information. We found her, by the way. She's all cozied up in our lovely Chamber of Torture." He grinned.

"Good."

"Maybe we should have Elsa come and stab her with a fork?" I cracked a smile at his joke as he laughed. The word about Elsa wanting to stab my father with a fork spread like a wildfire among my men. They found it hilarious as she was a tiny person with a gentle soul, not seeing how she could possibly cause anyone serious damage. But after seeing how Miciela looked, they were all surprised.

That's my wife.

"And here's the necklace, by the way. They did a good job in making a replica." Josh handed me the small jewelry box, and I took a look. I nodded in approval, seeing this was the closest to the original pendant.

"Good. Have the phone sent back to me in the morning." I ordered him.

"Sure thing." Josh sang as I got inside my car.

I parked in front of the stone building in the middle of nowhere and went through the underground passage. It was the easiest way to make anything soundproof, especially when it was deep under the ground to block out any screaming voices. I loved having my Chambers of Torture in the midst of nowhere and completely isolated. Often those who were dragged in there would try to scream for help, and it always gave me a euphoric feeling when they would continue to desperately scream for help.

I opened the door and stepped inside. Sofia was tied up in the middle of the room with her tear-streaked face.

"Nicholas...."

"Shut it." I told her, my tone coming out cold as I stared her down. I hated the sound of her voice saying my name. I grabbed a chair and sat in front of her, resting my arms on my legs and my eyes narrowed at her.

"You have some fucking nerve." I growled.

"Nicholas, please! -"

"Did I say you can talk?!" My voice filled the room and she shut her mouth in startlement, a fresh wave of tears running down her face. I clicked my tongue in annoyance.

Such a fucking headache.

"You should have kept your mouth shut and lived your life quietly. The reason you even got out alive in the first place was because of Elisabeth feeling sorry for you, despite you trying to kill her. And I listened to her. Because I want to please her. However, you took advantage of her kindness. So, tell me, Sofia, how the fuck did Miciela know she was pregnant?"

"I-I don't know. I told her not to do anything, but she didn't listen!" She cried out desperately, sobbing uncontrollably. I rubbed my jaw as I looked at her pathetic self.

"You dare to lie to my face." I sneered and she frantically shook her head.

"I'm not lying! Please,Nicholas!"

"Tell me the truth, and I will put an end to your misery." She sniffed and tried to calm down her sobbing.

"I - I really don't know what happened... She-she received some kind of link, and-and all of Elsa's information was there. Miciela wanted to do me justice, but I told her not to! told her to let it go, but she didn't listen!" I let out a chilling laugh.

"Justice for what exactly? For defending herself when you tried to kill her?" I tilted my head!

"I tried to stop her! I really did! Please, just let me go! I will stay out of your life. Just let me g-go." Sofia cried out and continued to beg. I just stared at her blankly while she cried her eyes out uncontrollably. There was no point in talking to her anymore. I got the confirmation I needed.

I pulled out my pack of cigarettes, lit one up, and took a long drag before blowing out the smoke. I got up from my seat just in time for Vittoria to make an appearance, dressed in her usual black leather outfit. She stood for whatever torturing her heart desired, especially since I had made a clear order for my men to never harm a woman unless it was absolutely unavoidable. Even then, they were only allowed to use just enough strength to keep them down.

That was why I hired Vittoria. She was one sadistic woman who probably took more pleasure in torturing and breaking people than anyone else. And she was perfect for the job.

"What sins did she commit?" Vittoria asked. That was her favorite question. She would determine the severity and the length of the torture based on whatever shit the person had committed.

"Tried to kill my wife." I said as I smoked. Her smile widened and turned into a sadistic smirk,

"She has earned a round with the whip." Vittoria's eyes were excited as she pulled out her whip, swinging her arm, and a sharp sound resonated in the room when it kissed the floor.

"Whatever you desire, Vittoria." I faced Sofia, whose wailing had gotten louder, choking in between sobs, and looked like she was about to faint.

"Your mother will be taken care of. She is, after all, loyal to the family." I told Sofia.

"I'm begging you! Please... please don't do this to me!" She shouted in desperation and tried to break free.

"You will be begging for a long time." Vittoria let out a sadistic laugh before swinging her arm again. The sound of the whip hitting Sofia's skin across the arm left her with her mouth and eyes open with no sound escaping. Then the blood-curdling scream came out, and Vittoria closed her eyes to the sound. I inhaled the smoke deeply, enjoying the punishments she was getting.

"Her voice makes me so excited." She said and opened her eyes. I finished my cigarette and turned around to leave.

"She's all yours." I heard the second swing of the whip, and more screaming escaped Sofia just before the door closed entirely behind me.

I would have stayed to watch, knowing I would take pleasure in watching her suffer. But I had a beautiful wife in bed, sleeping peacefully and ready to be cuddled in my arms, which had me walk out of there faster than I had ever before.

.

Returning to the mansion, I went upstairs to the bedroom, find her rapped in bed as cocoon.

"Where were you?" Elsa asked as we lay in bed.

"Had a business meeting. I also had a small chat with Sofia. I got rid of her for good this time." I said, pulling her closer to me. She looked at me before slowly nodding.

"I guess it is for the best." She sighed. I knew she wasn't too thrilled about the idea of killing. Her heart was too big and pure for it, but she knew Sofia had to be gone for good now. kissed the top of her head. My hand was caressing her body and slowly down to her stomach. It was burning inside of me with so much need to see her pregnant with our child. I could picture perfectly what she would look like. I wanted it so badly with her.

I leaned down and placed a kiss on her stomach.

Hopefully soon.

When I looked up again, I was met with her smiling lovingly at.

"Anything that could be a threat to you and our baby, I will kill them. What happened before... I refuse to let it happen again. I will keep you both safe." I promised her. Elsa placed her hands on my face.

"You're talking as if I'm already pregnant." She chuckled.

"Maybe you are?"

"Too soon, my love, we just started trying. You have to be patient."

"I'm not a patient man." I grumbled out.

"I know." She laughed.

"But you have to be. Unless you have super sperm." I chuckled along with her. I cuddled her in my arms as I kept imagining what our babies would look like.

"I know our babies will surely be the most beautiful." I said.

"Of course! With a father looking like that, it's impossible to go wrong."

"Maybe. But you're definitely the beauty here." I moved to hover over her, taking her arms and putting them above her head as I leaned close to her.

"My beautiful emerald." I said lowly, watching her cheeks start to get a reddish hue. I buried my face into her neck, kissing her soft skin.

"So fucking beautiful, you make me constantly horny." I groaned out, making her burst out in laughter.

"You're too cute." I looked at her with a raised brow.

"Cute?"

"Yup." She grinned.

"Not a word I thought I would use to describe you, but you have cute moments other than the sexy, devilish, Mafia way."

"Hmm, cute only for you." I was amused. No one had ever used that word about me. She was indeed something else and saw me in a way no one else did.

"Who else? You're not allowed to be cute for anyone else." Elsa scoffed.

"I don't want anyone else. You're the one for me." She smiled before I captured her soft lips with mine.

"Get some sleep, my love." I gave her one more kiss, and she snuggled into me, her eyes barely open.

"Nicholas?"

"Hmm?"

"Have you visited Sienna yet?" I stilled, surprised by her question.

"I haven't."

"You should." She smiled warmly.

"You should buy her favorite flowers and give them to her."

"Why? I have moved on." I frowned a little.

"I know you have made peace with it, but you were still with her until the end. You should visit her when you have the chance to do so."

"You're not jealous?" I questioned. I was surprised that she wanted me to visit Sienna. The last time I visited her was on her death anniversary, and I returned the things I still had of her to her family. That was the beginning of my moving on from her. I hadn't considered visiting her again now that I was with Elsa.

"No. My jealousy has boundaries, and I can't be jealous of a woman who has passed away. She was in your life, and you cared for her." I gave her a small smile before giving a nod.

"Okay. Do you want to come with me?"

"That would be weird." She let out a light chuckle.

"It should be just the two of you. I don't want to invade that part of your life." Her fingers trailed across my cheek before she closed the little distance between us and kissed me.

"I love you." She said against my lips before nestling into the crook of my neck.

"And I love you, baby."

"Oh, and by the way... God forbid, but if I were to die before you, you're not allowed to remarry. Or I swear to God, I will crawl out of the grave and rip her head off, and take you to the grave with me. Understood?" I chuckled at her serious tone.

"Loud and clear, my love."

Elsa

The following day I didn't have to do my usual training, and I could spend extra quality time with Nicholas.We went on a long walk around the vineyards, and I got to meet more people from the village. I had never gotten so many hugs and kisses from people before in my life, and they were all so happy to see me and Nicholas together. It gave me another opportunity to see how Nicholas interacted with his workers. It was much more different than how he interacted with his men, of course. He was being a bit more gentle with them, and I knew it was because this place was close to his heart.

A colorful stand caught my eye, and I stepped closer to see what it was. It was a beautiful stand with varieties of dry fruits and nuts. The man who owned the stand was delighted when we greeted him and gave us samples to try.

"Wow, this is so good!" I exclaimed when I taste the dried mango. It was soft and sweet. Just like candy.

"Can we get some?" I asked Nicholas, and he looked amused by my question.

"You don't have to ask."

"Well, it's because I don't have cash on me..." I trailed off. I was more of a card swiper than a cash carrier.

"Don't worry about money, we got plenty of it. Don't think and get whatever you want." He almost ordered me. I turned to the man and asked him to give me a little bit of everything, and we ended up with two bags, each filled with smaller bags. to not mix the dried fruits. I smiled when the man thanked Nicholas many times when he paid him a generous amount.

As we continued down the market, I took in a big whiff, and my mouth started to water a little.

"Oh, something smells good." I didn't even wait for Nicholas to say anything before grabbing his hand and dragging him in the direction of that delicious smell. I let out a small gasp in excitement when I saw it was freshly baked loaves of bread. A big stone oven where bread was currently baking, and it smelled amazingly good.

I almost wanted to close my eyes.

"Buon pomeriggio." I greeted the lady at the front, who was busy fumbling around with some stuff and hadn't looked up yet.

"Buon pomeriggio." She chirped and looked up with a smile. Her eyes widened when she spotted Nicholas.She let out a sound of excitement, wiping her hands on her apron, and made a small run around the stand to greet him. She was a small woman but still managed to grab his cheeks, pull him down to her, and give his cheeks kisses. I couldn't help but laugh a little at the sight. Italian women were truly something else and so straightforward.

Then I stared at them dumbfounded when they started to speak. It went fast, not allowing me to even catch a word of what was being said. When Nicholas said my name, the woman turned to look at me, and I knew he had introduced me as his wife. Delighted by the news, I was pulled into a bone-crushing hug. She was surprisingly strong for being so small!

"Uhm..." She started to speak to me, but I had no idea what was being said. I looked at Nicholas, seeing him laughing a little at how confused I was looking right now, and begging him with my eyes to help me out. He probably explained to her I didn't understand, and they exchanged more words before she went behind her stand again.

"How can I ask if I can buy some bread?" I asked Nicholas,and he slowly said the words one by one as I repeated them to her. Thrilled, she grabbed a bag and started to fill it up.

"Oh no, just one." I tried to tell her I didn't need that many, but she immediately dismissed me. I grabbed Nicholas's wallet from his pocket and handed her money, but she gave me one, scary, disapproving look.

"No!" She slapped my hand hard and pushed it back to me. I gaped at her. What was it with Italian women slapping my hand away when I tried to pay for something?

"Yes!" I said firmly and handed her the money again, which earned another slap and she started to speak rapidly.

"She's saying you're disrespecting her. She is giving you the bread as a gift." Nicholas translated.

"I just want to pay for once..." I sighed but smiled when she handed me the bag filled with freshly baked loaves of bread. An idea came to mind when we thanked her for the bread. I grabbed Damiano's hand, quickly put the money on the stand, and made a run for it.

"Grazie!" I yelled over my shoulder as we ran away, laughing when we heard her disapproving voice.

"So rebellious." Nicholas laughed, and I grinned.

"I don't take orders very well."

"That, you don't." I stuck my tongue out in a teasing manner and grabbed a loaf of bread. It was just as I had imagined it would be when I ripped a piece; crusty on the outside and super soft on the inside. My mouth watered once again, and I took a bite, closing my eyes for a moment at how good it was.

"Oh, my God! This is seriously the best bread I have ever had! Here!" I said excitedly and fed him some bread.

"That's good." He agreed.

"By the way, what language was that?" I asked him as we took our time walking back to the mansion while enjoying the bread I couldn't seem to stop eating.

"It's Sicilian." My brows went up in surprise.

"Ah... I have actually never heard anyone speak Sicilian before."

"It's mostly spoken in their village and towns."

"Makes sense. It sounds familiar yet so different at the same time." I said as I popped another piece of bread in my mouth.

"It's because Sicilian also has Greek elements." Nicholas explained

"Oh, I see!" I did find some words familiar, but since they had talked fast, I hadn't entirely comprehended any words.

I stopped walking and turned to look at him when I realized something.

"This is embarrassing.. but I never asked if you spoke any other languages." I felt my face start to get hot in pure embarrassment. I was supposed to know this! He just smiled as we continued to walk again.

"Not many know, but other than Italian and Sicilian, I speak French and Spanish as well."

"Shit, that just made you even sexier." My comment had him smirking at me.

"You would have known I spoke French when I took you to dress shopping for the auction. But you were deep into jealousy to notice." Nicholas gave me a teasing smile, having me fight my embarrassment with a scowl on my face.

"In my defense, she was being a little too handsy." I huffed.

"You're cute when you get jealous." He chuckled and pulled me into him as he continued to tease me.

⬜◽⬜◽⬜◽⬜◽⬜◽⬜◽⬜◽⬜◽⬜◽⬜◽⬜◽⬜◽⬜◽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 154K 51
(BOOK 1 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) [COMPLETED & EDITING] * "Arie," he whispered, his smile dropping as he closed the distance between us. "I'm s...
392K 9.5K 52
"You're annoying. I just gave a speech to you about trying to get me in bed and now here you are fucking staring at my ass." I shouted at him, he smi...
508 10 14
18+ only She has had a great life with her wonderful family in her hometown of San Diego ca since she was born. She had an amazing life with her fam...
586K 10K 75
"Apologize, amore." he said with a deadly tone of voice. "If I don't apologize, then what?" I replied with grin on my face. He wrapped his arms aroun...