HIS CLAIM

By Orphicknight

"You look awfully well for someone who died years ago." [ THIS STORY CONTAIN MATURE CONTENT!!! ] This is dar... More

(Writer's note)
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
72
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Epilogue

71

8.2K 212 12
By Orphicknight

Elsa

Since I had to attend an event that was taking place tomorrow, we had to spend the night at Nonna’s place. This also meant we still had to sleep in separate rooms because they didn’t know we were married yet.

Now, I was in bed, tossing and turning as I couldn’t seem to find a comfortable spot. I was used to having Nicholas sleep next to me. I sat up, let out a sound of frustration, and got up from the bed. An idea came to mind when I looked at the wrapped ring box I had. I grabbed it and shoved it in between my breasts since I had no pockets, and made my way to the door.

I carefully opened the door and peeked out in the hallway to see if the coast was clear. It was as quiet and I thought I would take this as my chance and carefully closed the door behind me. I moved silently through the dimly lit hallway and made my way downstairs.

I stopped at the end of the staircase and took a look around in case Nonna was up. I almost wanted to chuckle at how two adults had to sneak around to be with each other. But I was having fun with it right now as I played spy and tried to be light on my feet.

It wasn’t that difficult as I tiptoed my way around, hiding behind any near furniture to see if the coast was clear. In no time, I stood in front of Nicholas’s door and slowly pulled the handle down, and opened the door. I was even holding my breath just to make sure no sound was to be heard. I let out a breath once I had sneaked inside and closed the door behind

I saw Nicholas lying peacefully in bed with his eyes closed. And it was such a mighty sight. He was shirtless and had his arms behind his head, making his biceps look deliciously huge. I walked closer and hovered over him, expecting him to open his eyes but they remained closed.

“Nicholas.” I whispered to see if he was truly asleep but he didn’t react.

“Nicholas.” I still got no response from him. I narrowed my eyes before letting out a smirk.

“I’m horny.” Nicholas’s eyes flew open and grabbed me so fast that I was now lying underneath him. I had to bite down on my lip to prevent myself from laughing.

“I knew you weren’t asleep!”

“Offer me your pussy and I will even wake up from death.”

“You’re too much.” I chuckled quietly.

“Spread your legs, baby” His hand was already on its way down before I stopped him.

“I’m not horny, I just said it to get your attention.” He clicked his tongue at me, not impressed.

“Shame. I was about to show you a good time.”

“I know. But I just wanted to sleep next to you.”

“That’s just as good.” He smiled.

“I actually have something for you.” I smiled nervously. I turned on the light on the nightstand, and Nicholas  raised a brow when I reached in between my breasts to retrieve the ring box I had stuffed in there. It was one of the very few perks of having big boobs.

“Here. For you.” I handed him the gift, butterflies were flying around in my stomach as I had no idea if he would like it. I watched him unwrap it and I observed his expression but not much was showing. He finally opened it and took a look. before his eyes met mine. I gave a shy smile and took the ring, held his hand in mine, and slid it down on his finger.

“I want people to know you’re taken too. I thought it looked nice with the green emerald as you always say you love my green eyes. They say green represents growth and renewal, being the color of spring and rebirth. The gold represents divinity and power.” I finished and he gazed at it for a while.

I bit down on my lip in nervousness. I had no idea if it even was something he would wear. I had never seen him wear any kind of jewelry so this was a risky shot. I immediately thought of him when I saw it, and considering Nicholas’s story, it was perfect for him.

“I can’t remember the last time I received a gift …” Nicholas said quietly while still looking at it.

“But this is definitely my favorite one.” His expression softened with a smile

“You really like it?” I asked, hopeful.

“I do. Thank you, my love.” A wave of butterflies erupted in my stomach when he pulled me in for a soft kiss.

" You look even more handsome with that ring on your finger.” I was relieved he liked it. The ring looked even better on him as it made him look rich and powerful in a different way.

“Because it lets people know I’m yours.” He stated, amused.

“Of course!” I chuckled and got comfortable in bed with him. It did make my jealous ass feel better now he was wearing a ring.

“There’s also something I want to ask you…” I trailed off.

“What is it?” He looked at me while stroking my hair.

“I met Miciela today and she asked about you.. Made me wonder if you two have -”

“No, never.” Nicholas  shook his head immediately.

“Okay, good. Now I can sleep in peace.” I yawned and snuggled into him with a smile.

“Is that what kept you awake?”

“Maybe.” I gave an innocent shrug.

“You silly woman.” He chuckled and I poked my tongue out at him.

“There’s no way I could ever mess around with someone like her. Miciela is known for being a climber.”

“A climber? The type who fucks her way to the top?” I asked, not expecting to hear that.

“Yes. She thought she could use Josh  to get to me but he was only interested in fucking her. So he did, and left as soon  as he was done with her.” Nicholas  explained.

“No way!”

“I had to save his ass as he almost got in trouble with her brother. I’ve told him many times to not fuck anyone  important to my business but he still did.” He let out a small sigh and shook his head.

“… I kind of feel sorry that he used her like that, even though she used him too.” I muttered, not liking how they used each other.

“She tried to get to Dante  after she failed with Josh.” He added and I dropped my jaw.

“I take back what I said, I don’t feel sorry for her. She tried to get with Tank Man?” I honestly had no idea how one had the guts to approach Tank Man. He looked like he could crush you with his pinky.

Nicholas  laughed quietly at my reactions and when I said Tank Man. He moved to lie on his side and pulled me into him.

“If it makes you feel better, I always made sure it was with women I knew I wouldn’t see again. Except for that one mistake. And I definitely don’t mess around with someone I’m in business with.” Nicholas  reassured me.

“It does make me feel better. Thank you for telling me that.” I smiled. I knew it shouldn’t matter because it was all in the past but it made me feel so much better knowing he never messed around with Miciela. I didn’t like her one bit and she was probably the biggest faker I’d ever met.

“Go to sleep, you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow.” I gave a nod as I was already feeling tired. I snuggled into him and soon let sleep take over me while he did smooth circles on my back.

.

.

It was yet another day of training. Even though I had an event to attend later in the evening, Nicholas  wouldn’t let me miss my training. And trust me, I tried to get out of it by saying it takes time to get ready but he simply shut me down, having me scowl at him the entire time to the field.

“Hey there, pretty lady!” I looked up at the familiar voice.

“Joshhyy!” I erupted excitedly when I saw him. He did a small run toward me and gave me a bone-crushing hug.

“Have you missed me?!” He shouted.

“I have!” I chuckled when he let go of me.

“When did you get here?” I asked.

“Not too long ago. I heard something big happened to your and I had to come and see for myself. Let me see your hand!” Josh  grabbed my hand and did a dramatic squeal.

“Holy fucking shit that is huge! Congratulations!” He picked me up and started to shake me as I laughed.

“How did he do it? Was he romantic? Did you spread your legs for him after?” He wiggled his brows, making me roll my eyes at him.

“As if I’m going to tell you.” I shook my head and he almost pouted at me.

“Come on! Just tell me!”

“I will leave it to your imagination.”

“Oh, baby, the things I imagine are going to make you feel so dirty -” Josh barely got to finish his sentence when

Nicholas  punched him in the stomach, making him let out a strangled breath. I just sighed at him for never learning to keep his mouth shut when Nicholas was around.

I looked at the others while Nicholas  was busy threatening Josh’s ass when I noticed Antonio was here as well. He walked up to me with a smile, completely ignoring the ruckus between the cousins.

“Congratulations, Elsa. I’m happy he finally proposed to you.” He said and ruffled my hair.

“Thanks, Nino.” I smirked when he slightly squinted his eyes at

“I told you, you can’t call me that.”

“Mess up my hair and I will call you Nino.” I laughed, and he shook his head at me in amusement.

“How’s Mikka  and the baby girl?” Antonio’s eyes brightened at the mention of them, having me smile.

“They’re both doing great. Baby girl is healthy and growing stronger every day.”

“Just what I want to hear! I can’t wait to see her, she’s going to be so cute!” I beamed. I had no doubt she would be one beautiful baby girl with the genes of her parents. Her father with blue eyes and her mother with a sepía skin tone. She was going to break hearts for sure.

“Me either. Just don’t let her wait for too long, she needs her cousins.” He spoke quietly to me. My heart started to beat a little faster at the thoughts of both our kids running and playing around together.

" im already working on it.” I whispered to him with a chuckle.

“Good.” He gave a playful wink.

“Not the face! I have to stay pretty for Ava!” Josh’s voice rang out and I turned to look at them.

“My God, Nicholas  just leave him alone!” I quickly went over to them and stopped Nicholas  before he could land another punch. I pulled him away from Josh who tried to compose himself before he let out a goofy smile

“Don’t worry about me, I can take it. It keeps me young.” I just sighed at him but couldn’t help but laugh anyway.

“So, when’s the big date?” He asked. I looked at Nicholas and he gave me a nod, letting me know I could tell them.

“Well, there’s no rush actually since we’re already married.” Josh dropped his jaw open and Antonio just smiled as he slightly shook his head while looking at Nicholas but he didn’t look surprised.

“Without me?!” Josh  erupted, offended by it.

“We haven’t told anyone, you’re the only ones who know. So, keep your mouth shut.” Nicholas spoke sternly to Josh.

“Does that mean she…?” He stopped talking when Nicholas  gave him a deadly glare, making him raise his brows a little before letting out a smirk when he looked at me again. I looked at them, not having a clue what they were talking about.

“Elsa, get started. We don’t have that much time.” Nicholas gestured for me to get out on the field.

“Which one of you losers is fighting me today?” I looked at Giovanni and Logan  with a teasing smile.

“Oh, look who’s confident! Let me go for a round.” Josh  rubbed his hands together and got ready.

“Ready to get that ass spanked?” He wiggled his brows.

“It’s my turn to beat him up.” I said to Nicholas  when he pulled out his gun.

“We’ll see about that.” Josh  caught me off guard when he grabbed me and put me in a headlock. But I had practiced this at least hundreds of times now and knew exactly what to do.

I quickly moved my head to the side to free my airway. I elbowed him in the stomach to create some distance between us before he could restrain my arms. Next, I held onto his arm, put my chin down, and bit him.

As hard as I could.

“Ow, shit! You bit me!” He yelled in surprise and immediately loosened his hold on me. It gave me the chance to get a better grip on his arm before I flipped him over my shoulder. He landed with a loud thud upside down in front of me.

“Don’t underestimate me. Look who’s my trainer.” I let out a taunting smile.

“Don’t get cocky!” He smirked and grabbed my ankle. But I saw right through it and got down on one knee before he could push me down. I gave a painful punch to his bicep to give a temporary paralysis.

“Come again?” I teased when he let out a groan.

The training went on as I had fun kicking Josh’s ass. He obviously went easy on me in the first rounds but after seeing I wasn’t that easy to take down he went tough on me. It was challenging but fun as I managed to hold my ground for a long time before he eventually slammed me to the ground. It had to be a short training since I had to get back to get ready.

I took a much-needed shower when we got and I started to get ready. I did a warm makeup look with winged eyeliner and decided to do my hair in an elegant low updo with a few strands of my hair loose around my face.

Pleased with the result I went back to the bedroom to grab my dress but stopped when I noticed my phone was ringing on the bed. It stopped ringing when I grabbed my phone. I frowned a little when I saw how many missed calls I had, and before my mind could think of the worst possible things that could have happened, it rang again.

It was Asher.

I stared at the phone in my hand, not too sure if I should take the call or not. I didn’t have anything to say to him but I kept thinking maybe something happened to my father and he was calling to let me know. I took a deep breath to calm my pounding heart and hoped there wasn’t anything serious.

“Hello?”

“Elsa! Are you okay?!”Asher  asked frantically,

“I’m okay.” I said, confused why he was reacting like this.

“Why didn’t you answer your phone? I thought something happened to you!” His voice was laced with frustration but also relief.

“I was getting ready and didn’t have my phone on me… Is everything okay? Did anything happen to my dad?” I asked nervously.

“Listen, I need to talk to you. Can I see you tonight?”

“We can’t.”

“Elsa, please… I know I said some fucked up shit to you and I’ m sorry. I really am but I need to see you.” He sounded almost desperate.

“I can’t, Asher. I’m not in the states right now…” I muttered.

“What? What do you mean you’re not in the states?”

" I’m in Italy.” I said and took a seat on the bed.

“Why? With who…” His voice faded as he realized with whom.

“I’m visiting his family.” He went quiet when I said that and for some reason, I was nervous about his reaction. I didn’t want to hear another hurtful comment from him.

“… Did he propose to you?” His question was barely audible.

“He did. We’re engaged.” I heard him let out a breath and I couldn’t help it as my heart ached for him. To know his feelings for me and to get such news must be heartbreaking. I didn’t want to hurt him. He was one of my best friends after all. But I couldn’t return those feelings he had for me.

“Congratulations…” He mumbled.

“Thank you, Asher.” I got up from the bed and saw Nicholas standing by the doorway, looking at me with a blank. expression.

“Listen, I have to go but I will talk to you when I can.” I said to Asher.

“Wait -.” I hung up the phone.

“How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough.” Nicholas simply replied.

“Eavesdropping, are we now?” I raised a brow teasingly as I walked up to him.

“No, I came to give you this but didn’t want to interrupt your phone call.” He handed me the jewelry box I had bought with his mother.

" Oh, okay. Well, now that you’re here can you help me with my dress? I need you to zip it up.” He gave a nod and I went to grab my dress.

“What did he want?” Nicholas asked while he zipped me up. I shrugged and looked over my shoulder at him.

“I don’t know. He asked if we could meet up but I said I couldn’ t.” I told him.

“Is there something wrong?” He was unusually quiet when it came to Asher.

“No.” Nicholas smiled softly and wrapped his arms around

“You look beautiful as always, Mrs. Donavan” He said quietly and leaned down to place a soft kiss on my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck, wanting the kiss to last for a bit longer.

“I have one more thing for you.” He pulled out a blue garter band. Before I could tease him about it, he pulled something. else out, having me look at him in surprise.

“It’s an OTF knife. Keep it on you at all times when you’re there.” He kneeled and slid the garter band on me and placed the knife securely into the band.

“It eases my mind if you have something to defend yourself with. And no, you’re not getting a gun. Not yet. You handle the knife better.” He immediately said when I was about to ask him. But he was right. I was better with a knife than with a gun at the moment.

" Okay, whatever eases your mind.” I said.

“Ready?” I nodded and he took my hand.

“Are you coming as well?” I asked when we got outside, seeing cars ready to take us.

“No, it’s ladies’ night.”

“I see. What are you doing then?” He shrugged and stuffed his hands into his pockets.

“Probably get a tattoo.” He suddenly smirked and looked out of the corner of his eye, seeing his Nonna and mother make an appearance.

“You will do no such thing!” Nonna erupted and smacked Nicholas’s head with her clutch. I put my hands up to my mouth to not burst out in laughter at the amusing sight. He looked at her blankly and he slowly rubbed the back of his head.

“It’s the work of The Devil!” She continued to scold him, making a chuckle escape my lips. He took a quick glance at me before his smirk returned.

“Nonna, do you know what Nicholas  loves to call me?” My eyes slowly started to widen.

“Il Diavolo. Because of the unimaginable things I do to her -”

“Let’s go, shall we?” I said loudly to drown out his voice as I sent him a glare to which he responded with a wink.

“Yes, but let me see you first.” Nonna had me do a small spin.

“Beautiful, dear!” She had a satisfied look on her face while giving an approving nod.

“Of course, she is! My son has excellent taste.” Eleonora complimented me as well, having me slightly blush.

“That’s my woman. Have fun, baby.” Nicholas  kissed the top of my head.

“Will do!” I smiled before we got inside the SUV. It was his father’s men who were driving but I noticed Giovanni and Logan  were following in a different car. They were after all my assigned bodyguards.

“Eleonora, you mentioned that since I am soon to be wife to Nicholas, I now have an image to uphold. It made me wonder what exactly is expected of me as a wife?” I wanted to be prepared and have an idea of what I had to do. Nicholas never mentioned anything of what he expected of me now that we were married.

“Traditionally, you would be taking care of your home and your children. To be a good housewife.” Nonna answered and I tried not to show how much I disliked that idea. Nothing wrong with being a housewife, I just imagined doing a bit. more than that.

“That was more in our days, madre.” Eleonora smiled and looked at me

“That would be up to you and Nicholas and whatever you agree upon. Ask him what he expects of you and you tell him what you expect of him as well. It goes both ways.”

“And of course, your loyalty to him but we will get to it soon, dear.” Nonna commented and I nodded as I thought about what they said.

We arrived at probably the largest ballroom I had ever seen which was so elegantly decorated. A swarm of women was present and I still had no idea what this ball was for. Maybe it was a get-together like the auction Nicholas had taken me to, but this was just for the women to show off their power and wealth. I was still so fascinated by it all as it never occurred to me one would have to do such things. But it made sense if you had an image and a reputation to uphold.

It looked like we were the last ones to arrive as we stood at the top of a long staircase, overlooking the hall. The attention was quickly drawn to us when Nonna took a couple of steps ahead, standing tall with her head held high and overlooking them all like a Queen, and they were her subjects.

It was fascinating to witness. It was as if you could feel the power radiating from her just by the way she was carrying herself. Eleonora’s words made even more sense as I watched them present themselves with just their presence. Not a single word needed to be said, and it made you almost want to bow down to them in pure respect.

It was beyond incredible.

Nonna was the first to go down the stairs and we followed closely behind as a show of respect for her being the monarch.

“Do you understand now, Elisabeth?” Eleonora asked with her warm smile.

“I do. I have never seen anything like this before.” I was still in awe but nervous at the same time because I had no idea if I could present myself the same way they had.

“You will learn how to with time.” She assured me as if she had  read my thoughts.

As we made it down the stairs, we got ambushed. Well, it felt like it when a bunch of women eagerly came up to greet Nonna and Eleonora. It was almost the same experience I had with Nicholas at the auction, now just with Nonna and Eleanora. But I didn’t mind greeting and talking to them as I was introduced as Nicholas’s soon-to-be wife. They gave surprised looks and a few raised their brows and looked at me from top to bottom.

I didn’t pay much attention to them. Instead, I observed Nonna and Eleonora, from how they talked and how they continued to carry themselves.

“Excuse us for a moment.” Eleonora smiled and led me away from the group while Nonna was still conversing with some of the older women.

I let out a breath as we had already been here for a while, greeting and talking to what felt like at least a hundred people.

“Sometimes they just don’t know when to give you a chance to breathe.” She chuckled and grabbed two glasses of champagne, handing me one which I took gratefully.

“It is quite overwhelming, to be honest… It’s definitely something I will have to get used to.” I admitted.

“It will get easier.”

“Can I ask how long you have been doing this?” I asked while  we slowly walked around and looked at the art hanging on the walls.

" As long as I can remember! But it mattered once I married Riccardo. I was 19 and had Nicholas  when I was just barely 20.”

“Oh, wow! That’s… young.” I looked at her in surprise.

“We were young and in love. And you have seen how Riccardo’s mother is. Very traditional and had us married as soon as possible.” She said amused as she sipped her champagne.

“I can imagine that.” I said, making her laugh.

“I am very pleased Nicholas has found you. You bring out a whole new different side of him I haven’t seen before, and as a mother, it makes me beyond happy. Thank you, honey.” She gave my shoulder a light squeeze and my heart warmed up by her words.

“Let me just use the restroom and then we can go to our seats.” I gave a nod. I sipped my champagne and continued to look at some of the paintings.

“So, we meet again, Elisabeth.” I let out a small sigh. I turned around and saw Miciela and two other women with her.

“Miciela.” I smiled tightly. There was just something about her that gave me a hard time hiding my dislike towards her.

“Have you been feeling good lately?” She asked with a wide smile. I raised a brow at her question, tilting my head a little.

“How’s the pregnancy?” My heart stopped at the mention of it. She faked a sweet smile but her eyes were cunning.

“Oh, silly me.” Miciela put her hand up to her mouth and let out a chuckle, having the others chuckle as well.

“I forgot you lost it. So awful for you.” She placed her hand on her chest and exaggerated a sad look on her face. She took a step closer to me, her eyes turning cold, and dropped her fake, sweet act.

“I know what you did to Sofia. I won’t let it slide and you will pay for it.” She hissed before she quickly let out a satisfying smile and turned around to leave with the two women.

No words came out of me.

My chest heaved from the sharp intake of breath.

My eyes burned as tears wanted to spill.

But I refused to let them.

Instead, I followed her.

I downed the champagne and took out my knife from my garter band.

Anger consumed me.

I couldn’t hear anything.

I couldn’t see anything.

Except for red.

I was seeing red.

And she was going to pay.

“Miciela!” I said her name loudly, making her turn around to face me. She was standing by a table, chatting with people around her and her smirk was still present.

Until her eyes landed on the knife in my hand.

Miciela tried to step away from me, but I was faster. I held tightly onto the handle when I quickly stabbed her hand, feeling the knife connect with the table to prevent her from moving away from me. She let out a blood-curdling scream and I grabbed a fistful of her hair while breaking the champagne glass against the edge of the table. And I shoved the broken glass into her mouth.

But it was not enough.

-smashed her head down at the table.

One time.

Two times. 

I forcefully raised her head to look at me, seeing the blood run down her mouth. I covered her mouth with my hand as she wept, keeping the glass inside.

“You should have kept your mouth shut.” My voice was low and calm as I looked deep into her eyes.

“Sofia should have been an example of that to you. Yet, you decided to ignore it. I am the reason she is still alive, and she should be fucking grateful for that. You do not get to fuck with me!” I hissed out, my entire body shaking in anger.

I wanted more blood.

I wanted to see the life disappear from her eyes. To see her body become lifeless the more I pressed my hand against her mouth. I snapped out of it, coming back to reality, and shoved her away from me.

“You’re lucky I’m not a killer. But speak about my baby and you will see me as one. Now, I’ve made sure you will never speak to me like that. Ever again.” I gave her a harsh look and turned around before giving in to the need to end her life.

I ignored how everyone was looking at me, still in shock, and saw the scene unfold.

“I would like to leave now. Please.” I said to Nonna and Eleanora who had made their way to me.

“Let’s get you out of here.” Nonna said when she looked behind me and Eleanora quickly led me out. I was feeling hurt but also numb at the same time as my legs carried me outside while  continued to be in this weird daze.

“What the fuck happened?” Giovanni frowned when he looked at me, and he and Logan immediately drew out their guns.

“You need to get her to safety right now!” Eleonora ordered them. They all moved quickly, getting me inside the backseat of the car with Giovanni before Logan  drove us away while Eleonora and Nonna stayed behind with his father’s men.

“Call Nicholas.” Giovanni told Logan  as he looked at my gloved hands. I followed his gaze, only now noticing I had glass stuck into the palm of my hand.

“I need to cut off your glove.” He took out his knife but Logan’s voice caught our attention.

“Hold her!” He shouted just in time for me to see a car coming out of nowhere and hitting us. Giovanni held me tightly into him, protecting my head with his arms as we got violently swung into the car door.

“Are you okay?!” I looked at Giovanni, seeing he was fine before checking with Logan.

Words got stuck in my throat when I sat up and looked out of the still-intact window.

A rifle aimed right at me before shots were fired.

🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 63.1K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
1.3K 65 10
I stepped into the doorway, turning back to look at him as he tucked his hands into his navy blue jean's pockets. Despite my obvious insecurity, I le...
392K 9.5K 52
"You're annoying. I just gave a speech to you about trying to get me in bed and now here you are fucking staring at my ass." I shouted at him, he smi...