HIS CLAIM

By Orphicknight

"You look awfully well for someone who died years ago." [ THIS STORY CONTAIN MATURE CONTENT!!! ] This is dar... More

(Writer's note)
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
70
71
72
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Epilogue

69

7.6K 207 4
By Orphicknight

Elsa

“I thought you got kidnapped! I was about to send out a search party! But then Dante told me Nicholas took you to Italy. You could have said something!” Tessa  scolded me with a frown as I watched her all cuddle up in bed while we were facetiming. I was outside by the pool, sunbathing and drinking my beloved iced coffee when I decided to call Tessa but I had forgotten about the timezone.

“I didn’t even know he was taking me to Italy to meet his family. He made it a surprise.” I tried to explain to her.

“You could have sent a text or something.” She continued to sulk.

“I’m sorry, but I’ve been kind of busy these days.”

“Oh, yeah, I can see you’re so busy looking fucking hot while sunbathing in Italy.” Her sarcasm had me giving her a blank look.

“Busy with what? Fucking Nicholas all day?”

“That too.” I wiggled my brows before we burst out laughing.

“I’ve been getting my ass kicked a lot lately. Nicholas has been training me and Giovanni and Logan  showed me absolutely no mercy! This is the first time in four days I’m getting a break.” I sighed. When they said they wouldn’t let me off easy, they truly meant it. And I now understood Arianna when she said Nicholas and Dante didn’t cut her any slack. They were all fucking brutal!

“Damn! Well, at least you’re getting better. Did you meet their father yet?” Tessa smirked.

“Yup. Very interesting meeting.” I gave her a knowing look.

“Let me guess, he tested you?” She laughed.

“He sure did. He tried to see if I was a gold-digger and offered me money to leave Nicholas .” I rolled my eyes but I wasn’t pissed about it anymore.

“He did the same to me! How much did he offer you?” Tessa asked curiously.

“Like twenty million dollars. So ridiculous.”

“What the hell? Why the fuck was I only offered five?” She said completely offended, making me laugh at her reaction. Five million dollars was still a shit load of money.

“What did you do when he offered you the money?” I asked. That was the part that had me curious

“I grabbed the check and stuffed it in my bra and said ‘thank you, now I have your money and Dante’s money to shop for.”” She grinned as she looked proud of herself.

“I would have loved to see that! Maybe that’s why he ‘only’ offered five million to you, knowing you would take it.” I chuckled and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

“Wait, what the fuck is that?” Tessa now had her face completely up against the camera.

“Oh, this one?” I smirked and showed her my gigantic_ engagement ring. She did a dramatic gasp.

“Holy fuck! He proposed?! And you didn’t tell me? Elsa, you bitch!” She jumped up in bed and practically screamed at me.

“I’m telling you now.” I smiled.

“Shit, that ring is gorgeous! And huge! Look, Dante.” She rolled to the other side of the bed and Dante came into view as he looked at the screen.

“Wait, he was there the whole time?” I asked, mortified.

“Uh, yeah? Where else would he be?” She gave me a ‘duh’ look.

“I don’t know, not there I guess.” I said a little embarrassed that he heard our not so filtered conversation.

“Hello to you too, Elsa. Sorry to disappoint you with my presence.” Dante looked amused and I let out an awkward laugh.

“I didn’t mean it like that.”

“I see he finally proposed to you.” He looked at my ring and slightly shook his head.

“Of course, that bastard would get you a diamond that big.”

“You could learn something from him.” Tessa said as she tried not to laugh when he turned to look at her with a blank look.

“Is that ring on your finger not big enough for you?” He raised a brow and she gave an innocent shrug.

“Anyway! Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!” Her entire face lit up in happiness.

“Congratulations,Elsa. Tell my brother he’s a dickhead.”

Dante commented.

“Thank you, guys! And I will make sure he gets the message.” I laughed and bid them goodnight since it was late on their end.

I placed my phone to the side when I saw Nicholas in his swim trunks, making his way out to the pool. My eyes scanned his body from head to toe, having me drool at how fucking hot he was.

He dove right into the pool and I went to sit on the edge with my legs in the water and waited for him.

“There’s my handsome husband.” I smiled once he resurfaced, looking all mighty and wet.

“How’s my beautiful wife?” He asked once he was close to me. I could never get enough of him calling me his wife, having my heart flutter every single time.

“She’s never been better.” I wrapped my arms and legs around him as he led me into the pool with him.

We signed the marriage certificate the day after he proposed and all it took was two witnesses for it to happen in Italy. Of course, Giovanni and Logan  were happy to do that for us. Nicholas’s family was thrilled to know we were engaged but we had kept being married a secret from everyone else as we just wanted to enjoy our new titles as husband and wife to ourselves for now.

“Good. Did you talk to Tessa?”

“I did. She’s happy for us. And Dante wanted me to tell you’ re a dickhead for getting me a diamond this big.”

“Because he can’t compete with me.” Nicholas smirked. I slightly shook my head at him in amusement. Their relationship was funny. They would die for each other but they were the biggest competitors against each other.

“I should get out and start getting ready if I want to be on time when we meet Mr. Roberts.” I told him since he was swimming around with me.

“We still have time. Or we could just ditch him and do something else.” Nicholas started to plaster kisses on my bare shoulder.

“Such as?” I asked with a teasing smile, knowing what he wanted to do.

“My favorite activity; make a baby.”

I closed my eyes, sighing blissfully as I calmed down ..

“What are you thinking about?” Nicholas’s voice brought me out of my thoughts, and only now did I realize I had been smiling. I looked up at him as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Just that I can’t believe you’re my husband.” He smiled softly and brought me in for a long, sweet kiss that once again had me completely melt in his arms.

.

“I must admit, it is some exceptional wine.” Mr. Roberts. complimented as he tasted the different wines.

Chiarina and Vico had done an amazing job in touring us around the vineyards and explained everything in detail on how they harvest the wine grapes and when to harvest them. I was so intrigued by it all and I got even more fascinated when they explained how they measured the sugar, acid, and tannin. levels to base the style of wine they wish to produce.

“However, I’m not sure if I like the wine bottles. They are a little dull to my taste.” He commented and took a look at the bottles. Nicholas and I shared a look and I mentally rolled my eyes as Mr. Roberts had been trying to drive the price down by finding ridiculous excuses. Such as how he finds the wine bottles boring. And I found it hilarious how Nicholas  pretended not to hear him by checking his watch every time he made such comments. It was obvious Mr. Roberts wanted the products, he just didn’t want to pay the full price.

“Can I ask what you prefer, Mr. Roberts?” I asked with a smile.

“I do have several exclusive high-end restaurants that are beautifully and lavishly decorated. I want something that needs to represent that as well as I’m also selling a lifestyle.” He said as he swirled the wine around in his glass. I gave a slight nod and examined him, looking at the way he was dressed and the rings on his fingers. It looked like he and his wife were big fans of jewelry and preferably something that sparkled.

“Can I please have a pen and paper?” I asked Chiarina which she immediately got for me. I thanked her as I grabbed the notebook and started to draw the ideas I had in mind. Mr. Roberts took a step closer to see what I was doing when I moved the pen around in quick strokes.

“How about something like this?” I showed him the quick sketch I had made, ready to present him with my ideas.

“I’m listening.”

“Imagine the wine bottles fully covered in any color you want. It could be gold, silver, or black but with a shiny finish.” I paused as I observed his expression. It looked like my words had caught his attention.

“I’m assuming your restaurants are dimly lit, which is ideal since you can make a display with these bottles and have lights shine on them. Like spotlights. It will be a wall filled with beautiful gifts that sparkle brightly to intrigue your customers.” I had to stop myself from smirking when I saw his brows slightly rise when I mentioned the word ‘sparkle’.

“You can even make sure the wine is sold in bottles only, but they are allowed to keep the whole bottle to take home. The label will not be a traditional paper wrap, but an engraving with not only Mr. Donavan’s brand name but also the name of your restaurant. It will be a one-of-a-kind design that benefits both parties as the customers will be advertising for both of you.”

I continued to present to him all the details I had in mind for a new bottle design, making sure to keep his interest at all times as I tried my best to explain why and how it was

beneficial for both businesses. I finished with a smile but Mr. Roberts was now slightly frowning as he stared at the drawing I had made.

He was quiet for a long time and I had no idea if I had screwed up with this idea of mine. I was starting to get nervous and I took a look at Nicholas, who was also staring at the drawing with his head tilted a little to the side. I wasn’t sure what he thought of the idea with his blank expression, and I should probably have made sure it was even okay for me to even pitch such an idea.

Mr. Roberts took me by surprise when he let out a chuckle and shook his head. He turned to look at Nicholas with a teasing look.

“I see why you brought her along.” He chuckled to himself before turning to look at me.

“You are making me spend money.”

“It is money well spent if you ask me.” I grinned and I felt the tension in my body melt away in relief.

“Not only are you getting some incredible wine but you are also contributing to building a community here.” I gestured to the landscape and to the people who were in the full swing of working.

“You are helping in creating jobs and housing for people who have lost everything but found a second chance here. To me, that is more than enough reason to make a deal.” I smiled. Knowing the story behind Nicholas’s vineyards made my heart warm as I gazed at the beautiful landscape and the people who were working in high spirits.

“Good thing you kept her around. She deserves that ring on her finger.” Mr. Roberts continued to chuckle and gave Nicholas’s shoulder a friendly pat.

“I would like to have a few words with your workers, and then we’ll talk numbers.” He didn’t wait for a reply as he went in the direction of the first worker he saw with the wine glass still in his hand.

“Good job, mia cara.” Chiarina said excitedly before she and Vico followed Mr. Roberts. Nicholas  wasted no time and wrapped his arm around my waist to pull me into him.

“Your idea is great. It will make his ass feel special.”

“I thought so, that’s why I said it would be a one-of-a-kind design only for him.” I snickered and he looked amused.

“That’s my girl.” Nicholas  said proudly and kissed the top of my head, having me slightly blush at his words.

“I should probably get going now since you’re going to talk numbers.” I checked the time on the watch around his wrist.

“My mother is waiting for you. She will give me another earful if I keep you here any longer. Logan  and Giovanni are here to take you.” He said just as I heard them pull up. Nicholas’s mother had been scolding him through the phone that he was keeping me all to himself. She then invited me to go out with her to shop since I still had to find a dress for Tessa’s wedding.

“And this is yours from now on. It’s our shared account.” He pulled out a black card,

“No.” I immediately shook my head.

“You can’t fight me on this one, baby.” He smirked and I frowned.

“I don’t like spending your money.” Nicholas  let out a small sigh and cupped my face with his hand, squeezing my cheeks together as his face came closer to mine.

“We are married. You are my wife. There is no such thing as my money. It’s our money, understood?”

“Okay.” I gave in but had no intention of using it.

“If you don’t use it, there will be punishments.” He stated firmly. My brows went up, now intrigued but he slightly shook his head at me.

“Not the kind you enjoy. I will make you run.”

I glared at him and he gave me a devilish smirk.

“… Fine, I’ll use it.” I said in defeat and he let out a satisfied smile.

“Good. I will see you later, Mrs. Donavan.” Nicholas’s voice went low and tingles erupted in my stomach.

“Don’t take too long, Mr. Donavan.” I whispered to him and leaned in for a small kiss.

He opened the backseat door for me and lightly smacked my ass before I got in, having me shoot him a wink.

“And here I thought he couldn’t be more obsessed with you. Turns out I was wrong now that you’re married.” Giovanni said once we were off and having me smile about it.

“I still can’t believe it. I honestly thought we would never see him get married.” Logan  commented.

“I’m happy we didn’t wait. I’ve realized life is too short and you have to live life to the fullest, so why wait?” I said. The first time Nicholas  proposed to me, I thought we had all the time in the world, and that we should take things slow. We had just gotten together, then we found out I was pregnant at the time. I felt a little overwhelmed by how fast things were suddenly going. But now, after having gone through so much, I didn’t want to hold back anymore. I wanted to marry him as soon as possible because he was my better half.

My soulmate.

“You’re right. Tomorrow’s not guaranteed.” Logan  agreed with a nod. I scooted to sit in the middle of the backseat, poking my head out in between the headrests and letting out a teasing smile.

“So, what’s your excuse for not having proposed to Cecilia yet?” I asked and Logan  let out a chuckle.

“Well, she made it clear she didn’t want to get married before we even started to date.”

“Oh, makes sense then.”

“But lately, she has been subtly talking about marriage and I guess she changed her mind.” He shrugged.

“You’re going to propose then?” I asked excitedly and he took a glance at me before focusing back on the road.

“I have the ring ready.” He smiled and I let out a squeal of happiness for him.

“I have no doubt it will be amazing when you propose!” I smiled big, feeling so happy for them.

I looked at Giovanni, who had been quiet, and saw him. slumped in his seat, focused on his phone.

“And whenever your girlfriend, Laila, is ready for you.” I told him.

“Yeah.” Giovanni then immediately looked at me and straightened up in his seat.

“I mean, she’s not my girlfriend.” He tried to cover up as he scowled but I just wiggled my brows at him.

“Oh, shut it! You’re totally a thing! You keep texting each other.”

“He called her last night and they talked for hours.” Logan  spilled the beans to me while sending a smirk to Giovanni.

“Uhh” I teased and he gave us a blank look.

“Both of you, shut up.” He said grumpily, having us laugh and continue to tease him. One thing that for sure didn’t go unnoticed, was how his ears started to redden.

He was crushing so hard on Laila.

Giovanni’s torment ended as we came to a stop in front of a huge, beige building with a roof made up of two glass-vaulted arcades intersecting in an octogen of stunning colors. There was beautiful architecture all around Italy, but this one was beyond gorgeous.

I spotted Eleonora and her assigned bodyguards. It was the same two men who were present when Nicholas’s father tested me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

586K 10K 75
"Apologize, amore." he said with a deadly tone of voice. "If I don't apologize, then what?" I replied with grin on my face. He wrapped his arms aroun...
9.6K 546 48
For Everly it took nearly a year to rebuild her life. An entire year to scrape together a semblance of a life. Then almost as if to torture her some...
169K 15.1K 31
He's a blind mafia man, the heir who lost his eyesight. She's a kindhearted girl whose job is to take care of him. Will the two of them find their wa...
D'yavol By NerfHades

Mystery / Thriller

736 250 24
A daunting event invited a stranger into my life. I hadn't anticipated his significance and within one night, my life spiralled, again. A mystery set...