The Dragons that Fell // HOTD

By cara_de_cema

Rhaenyra and Rhaella get sent back in time and are given one more chance. Things play out differently then be... More

Fanart
ACT ONE
One-
Two -
Three -
Four -
Five -
Six-
Seven -
Eight -
Nine -
- Past -
Ten -
Eleven -
Twelve -
Thirteen -
Fourteen -
Fifteen -
Seventeen -
Act Two
Eighteen -
Nineteen -
Twenty -
- Past -
Twenty one -
Twenty two -
Twenty Three -
Twenty Four -
Twenty Five -
Twenty Six -
Twenty Seven -
Twenty Eight -
Twenty Nine -
- Past -
Thirty -
Thirty One -
Thrirty Two -
Act 3
Thirty Three -
Thirty Four -
Thirty Five -
Thirty Six -
- Past -

Sixteen -

1K 41 1
By cara_de_cema

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

A Week had gone by since Daemon and Rhaenys came back from war. News had reached them of Corly's health decline since the war.

Alicent would still not leave her bed chambers, the stares of everyone would make her go back any time she would try. The only one at her side had been Criton Cole. The Knight would do anything to make her smile.

The day of the hearing had come. Both houses were still blinded to why they had been called to the Red Keep. Viserys sat on the Iron throne, Rhaenyra and Rhanys by his side as Rhaella chose to stand by her uncle.

The hearing had started and by the first words that left Visery's mouth, the room became a mess with everyone shouting over each other. Both houses accused one another of the incident of Herranhal that had claimed the life of the youngest Strong.

"That's Enough!" Viserys had shouted as he looked at both heads of the house. "My youngest was almost raped by the men that one of you sent! She was scared. And my eldest my heir had to witness bloodshed at the age of 15! Had to take the life of a man trying to protect herself!" Viserys sneered.

"My King! We would never have sent men to harm your daughters! They are trying to dirty our house name. They are mad that their daughter had to wed my son!" The head of the house Stauton spoke.

"Mad? Why must my daughter suffer with that pig son of yours? My daughter deserves better. But I am no fool to send men after Lord Lyonell's family no less when the Heir to the throne and her sister are there!" The head of the house Bracken sneered.

"Do not play fool! We all know what you think of the king's choice of heir!!" Rhaenyra couldn't help but internally grin. "We all know what you say in the safety of your house about Princess Rhaenyra!"

The head of house Bracken went wide-eyed at the words of the man. His face red in anger as he launched at him only to be stopped by Gold Cloaks.

"What better way to get rid of the woman you believe not worthy to sit on the throne as well as the son of Lord Lyonell! Get back at both of them at the same time!" Taunted Lord Simon Staunton.

"What do you say of my daughter?" Viserys asked his grip on Dark Fyre hardening. "I only say what everyone thinks! A woman should not sit on the iron throne!! A woman is far too emotional to rule to make any decisions! We already made it clear with the council of 101! You should have kept Daemon as heir at least he has a cock!" Both sisters knew they had sealed their faiths.

"How dare you!" Viserys shouted. Rhaella knew this would not be enough though, her father would only do a minor sentence for the house.

"Viserys! Rhaella wishes to speak!" Everyone's attention went to the youngest of the two sisters.  As the fighting between both houses dies down at Daemon's voice.

Her eyes held fear as her hand went to her sword. "Rhaella?" Viserys spoke. "You!!" Rhaella cried at the boy who stood next to the head of the Bracken house. The boy went wide-eyed as he tried to make a run for it. Ser Erryk had launched himself across the room sending himself and the boy to the ground as more guards began to surround them.

"He was there! He-He" The tears started as Rhaella held into her uncle. Daemon held her back as she cried. Viserys grew angry shouting for the boy to be brought to him. "Ella? My little one use your words" Daemon spoke still holding her as Rhaella looked at her father before pointing to the boy. "He is the one who almost raped me, Father" Rhaella spoke in between sobs.

Daemon grew angry as he let go of his niece his hand on Dark Sister as he began to make his way to the boy. Lord Jonos Bracken stood in front of his eldest son his heir as the rogue prince made his way to him. Daemon's eyes held fire as he approved the boy.

Rhaella and Rhaenyra held a conversation threw their eyes. The poor fool had been in the castle meeting his mistress when Rhaella ran into him when she was looking for Laena. "My king! I swear I did not do such thing! I swear on the old gods and new! Please" The son of  Lord Jonos Bracken cried.

"You dare call my daughter a liar?" Viserys sneered as he pointed to his still crying daughter who was being held by her cousin Laenor. "My King, please-" Was the last thing he said as DarkSyster went down, the head of the eldest of  Lord Gunthor rolled to the feet of the rogue prince.

Everyone gasped others cried, some threw up.  Lord Jonos Bracken looked away as Daemon picked up the head of the boy. "Let this be known, that anyone that dares lay a finger on my nieces will lose more than their hands! As for you-" Daemon sneered. "Take  Lord Gunthor and his party to the black cells!" Viserys ordered cutting Daemon's treat and making the man shout as they were taken away.

"Ella, it is alright. He won't be able to touch you or anyone else!" Laenor spoke as Rhaella looked up. "I know, but what he did to me... what he tried to." Her lower lip quivered. Everyone had been dismissed, the only ones left behind had been the Royal family.

Rhaenyra had ordered for the body of the boy to be fed to her dragon. Rhaella had been reassured by her father that no one would ever touch her again. Rhaella smiled as they all made their way to the dining room.

Loren had excused herself when letter arrived for her, a look shared between her and Rhaella as she left. The Targaryen family had enjoyed themselves, the entire time, with jokes shared between everyone.

It wasn't until they finished that everyone had gone their own way. The Velaryon siblings and Targaryen sisters choose to go out for a flight. "We should meet at Visenyas Hill once we change to our riding leathers!" Laena spoke making the other three nod as they left to their chambers.

"Laenor after the war, do you believe you are finally able to beat me and Velaries on a race?" Rhaella teased her cousin. "I do! If I win, you will tell everyone that Seasmoke and I are the best!" Laenor grinned making Rhaella laugh but agreeing nonetheless.

The four of them mounted their own beast as they took to the skies. Vhagar and Laena dead last due to the age and size of the mother of dragons. Rhaella and Laenor close to each other as they flew to DragonStone. Laughing as their dragons effortlessly flew with one another.

Their laughter came to a stop when a red Dragon flew past them the familiar shrieks of Caraxes made them look up. "Come on girl we cannot let that old lizard win?" Rhaella laughed as Velaries flew up leaving Laenor and Seasmsoke behind.

Daemon looked back to see his youngest niece catching up to him, "Slow down Caraxes!" The blood wyrm did so. It wasn't until Rhaella and her she-dragon were close enough that Daemon shouted. "Drakarys!"

The fire made Rhaella close her eyes as they passed through the fire a laugh leaving her lips as they came out of it. "Come on girl!" Rhaella spoke patting her dragon's neck as Velaries sped up.

The entire day had been spent like that. It wasn't until nighttime that the five of them arrived back at the Red Keep. Laughter followed them as they walked through the hallway of the red keep.

Their laughter only came to an end when they spotted Alicent and Ser Criston at the end of the hallway walking their way. Alicent seemed hopeful when Rhaenyra did not turn and leave. "Sister, speak with her! She is not Otto!" Rhaella pleaded when she knew Alicent could hear them.

"Let the Hightower cu-" Daemon was cut short by Laenor who took him and Laena away. "Rhaenyra please!" Rhaella spoke. "Fine! Lady Alicent?" Alicent eyes glitter in hope as she bowed to Rhaella grateful for persuing her sister to speak with her.

The two of them left leaving Ser Criston and Rhaella behind. "Ser Criston. I hope you are enjoying your stay so far?" Rhaella asked as he walked her to her chamber. "I am. Princess Rhaella I thank you for giving me this chance!" Criston smiled as they came to her chamber.

"Everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves worthy. Ser criston!" Rhaella smiled as she made her way inside her chamber. Her eyes found Loren who was waiting for her. With the forged letter in her hands, Rhaella smiled giving her eldest friend a tight hug before allowing herself to cry once more as Loren did the same.

"You lying whore!" Screams sounded through the keep. "How dare you!" Everyone's attention went to the youngest sister and her lady as they came out of her chamber.

"I trusted you! And you dare go after him?" They saw Rhaella scream as tears left her eyes. "Princess, please! Let me explain..." Loren her Lady begged kneeling in front of her Princess.

"What is there to explain? You believe he would want a bastard like yourself?" Rhaella sneered as she pushed her old friend to the ground.

"It is not that! Rhaella I beg you!" Loren cried holding into the feet of her oldest friend.

"I took you in when no one else wanted you! I protected you from the whispered of the court! And you repay me with this!" Rhaella waled looking away. Her eyes connected with her uncle whose eyes were on Loren.

"Princess! Please I beg you! Let me explain myself!" Loren begged refusing to let go of Rhaellas legs.

"Ser Harrold! Get her off! I do not wish to see her! I Rhaella Targaryen dismantle you of your title of my lady!" Rhaella spoke in between sobs before leaving.

"Ser Erryk, take Lady Loren to her chambers. I should see that the princess does not do something reckless!" See Erryk nodded as he helped Loren to her feet. The poor girl still crying. Daemon looked at the black hair girl who cried to the knights, he had to hold himself back from going to her.

Ser Harrold was quick to catch Rhaella who at the moment was throwing everything she could reach. "Rhaella!" He shouted as the girl turned. "I-I" was all she spoke as she ran into his arms. Crying. The older knights held her as she cried.

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

- What is Rhaella planning?

- Why is Daemon holding himself back?

- And I OP. Another bites the dust!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.1K 2.8K 47
The gods see the world being destroyed during the Long Night and decide to fix things. Daemon and Rhaenyra had been married for less than a year when...
152K 3.7K 45
Before the union of Rhaenyra with Ser Laenor Velaryon, an event etched forever in memory took place when Daemon claimed Rhaenyra's innocence in the h...
381K 18.5K 40
Alicent meets a woman that could save her from the life she never wanted. But will this mystery woman be able to keep up with their ruse or will the...
33.2K 1.4K 9
House of the Dragon ________ In which the course of history is changed with Daemon Targaryen arriving to Kings Landing during the wedding festivals...