Full Moon ☾ Derek Hale

phbdnm90 által

"How many times can you cheat death?" Hayley McCall has a dark past that haunts her every day of her 17 year... Több

cast
Chapter 1: Wolf Moon
Chapter 2: Second Chance at First Line
Chapter 3: Pack Mentality
Chapter 4: Magic Bullet
Chapter Five: The Tell
Chapter Six: Heart Monitor
Chapter Seven: Night School Part 1
Chapter Eight: Night School, Part 2
Chapter Nine: Lunatic
Chapter Ten: Wolfs Bane (Part 1)
Chapter Eleven: Wolfs Bane (Part 2)
Chapter Twelve: Co-Captain
Chapter 13: Formality
Chapter Fourteen: Code Breaker (Part 1)
Chapter Fifteen: Code Breaker (Part 2)
Chapter Sixteen: Omega
Chapter Seventeen: Shape Shifter
Chapter Eighteen: Ice Pick
Chapter 19: Abomination (Part 1)
Chapter Twenty: Abomination (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty One: Venomous
Chapter Twenty Two: Frenemy
Chapter Twenty-Three: Frenemy (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty Four: Restraint
Chapter Twenty Five: Raving
Chapter Twenty Six: Party Guessed (Part 1)
Chapter Twenty Seven: Party Guessed (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty Eight: Fury (Part 1)
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Fury (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty: Battlefield (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty-One: Battlefield (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty-Two: Master Plan (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty Three: Master Plan (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty-Four: Master Plan (Part 3)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Puzzle Pieces (S2 Bonus Chapter!)
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Chaos Rising (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Chaos Rising (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Fireflies (Part 1)
Chapter Forty: Fireflies (Part 2)
Chapter Forty-One: Unleashed (Part 1)
Chapter Forty-Two: Unleashed [Part 2]
Chapter Forty-Three: Frayed [Part 1]
Chapter Forty-Four: The Frayed (Part 2)

Chapter Thirty-Six: Tattoo

710 13 0
phbdnm90 által

Chapter Thirty-Six: Tattoo 

Chapter Song: Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys

☾☾☾

August 14, 2011 

The darkness fenced me in once again. I looked ahead, already knowing what would stand before me. And there it was. The door. The red, freestanding door. Its brass knob mocked to come and open it, to come release whatever demons awaited on the other side. I took a few steps forward, swallowing the lump of fear that lodged itself in my throat down. This was it, I'd face my fears this time.My hand reached forward, brushing against the cold brass of the knob—

BEEEEEEEP. BEEEP. BEEP.

My eyes shot open, the familiar quiet gasp for air escaping past my dry lips. Sunshine flooded the room, causing me to blink a few times to adjust my vision. My phone buzzed against the wooden nightstand, flashing "6:45 Alarm" in big, bold letters. I swatted at the phone, clicking off the incessant noise. I groaned, draping my arm over my head and squeezing my eyes shut. Frustrated was an understatement for me. That had been the closest I had gotten to opening the door  all summer.

All summer.

The dreams had stayed frequent, coming at least three to four times a week. It always stayed the same, nothing ever wavering other than the intense fear that consumed me. It was the same freestanding red door surrounded by nothing but darkness. I didn't know what or whose door it was, nor what it meant, but after four months, I was dying to find out. Which was a far cry from how I had felt the last few months. After admitting the truth to Scott and Stiles a few weeks back,  a partial weight lift off my shoulders. It made me start sleeping a bit more now that I wasn't keeping this secret in the darkest parts of me. We discussed our theories and what it meant, but always came up blank. We even scoured parts of Beacon Hills, looking for every red door we could find. There hadn't been many. And the ones we did find didn't look the same. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack—what was to say the door was even in Beacon Hills? 

I had been so terrified to open whatever was behind the door, suspecting my mind to something even worse than I imagined. But, the three of us deducted it was the only thing I could do to maneuver us to what was next. And so I tried. Each dream, I still hadn't been able to open the door. I was beginning to feel helpless. 

But it was the first day of Junior year, and I refused to feel helpless today. 

I reluctantly kicked the covers off and padded out from the comfort of my room and over into Scott's.

"So let's see it." I requested, knowing Scott and Stiles had wandered off to a tattoo parlor late last night in hopes for Scott to finally get the tattoo he'd been dragging on about all summer. Scott jutted his arm out, showing off uninked skin. I leaned myself against the doorway. 

"You didn't get it." I stated, the surprise in my voice hardly feigned. The frustration on Scott's face said otherwise. 

"I did." He groaned. "It healed!"

My jaw slacked. "No way."

"Yes way. I paid all that money for nothing." He sighed. "What?" Scott wondered, looking at the twitching of my lips as I tried to hide a smile. 

"Thank God I hated it." I admitted, imagining the simple design he had demonstrated for me on a piece of loose leaf at least 40 times this month alone. Scott rolled his eyes, chucking a throw pillow at me.

"Hey!" I cried. 

"I paid good money on that, Hayl!"

"Then I'll pick up another shift and give you the money if it means you won't get it." I stressed. I reached down, picking up the pillow that had landed my feet and forcefully tossed it right back at my brother. 

"It's besides the money, it means a lot to me." He urged, catching the pillow with ease. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. When you're 70 and it's all old and wrinkly you're going to be wishing you listened to me."

"It's not like I'm even going to get it now; it'll just heal all over again!"

"Okay...Derek's got the triskele tattoo on his back and that never healed, why don't you ask him about it?" Scott furrowed his brows. 

"How do you know about Derek's back tattoo?" He wondered. I paused, raising my brows to my brother. A pregnant pause filled the room. 

"Like you haven't seen him shirtless." I shrugged, turning on my heel and walking out.

"Hey, wait." Scott called before I fully exited the room. "I heard you wake up...did you have the dream again?" He asked. I nodded, clenching my teeth the slightest bit. "Same thing?"

"Same thing." I grimly replied. 

☾☾☾

"Hey! Wait up!" I called, rushing to catch up to Scott and Stiles walking through the hallway on their way to first period. My pace slowed as I passed by two flyers posted on the wall, the pictures catching my eye. They were missing posters, specifically for Erica and Boyd. The two hadn't been seen since the night we had fought Gerard. Isaac informed us they were keen on leaving town to join another pack. But once Isaac, Derek, or Scott hadn't heard from the two, they—and the teens parents—became increasingly worried. 

The betas' disappearances took a heavy toll on Derek. He tried to cover it up at first, but he blamed himself as to why they left in the first place. He admitted to being a poor Alpha, blinded with power and responsibility. And with that burden on his back, he had searched for them all summer to make sure no other hunters had gotten to them. We had all hoped for the best—that maybe they had decided to ditch their phones and leave everything in Beacon Hills behind. But deep down inside, when Isaac told us Erica swore to call them when they met up with another pack, we knew that something was gravely wrong. I shook the pictures of the two teens out of my head, finally rushing over to approach the boys. 

"About time, thought we were going to have to make it to English without you." Stiles greeted. 

"Relax, I wasn't ditching already."

"Thought definitely crossed your mind at least nine times today hasn't it?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, of course." I quickly responded.

"New year, new us. Remember?" Scott reminded. 

"Soooo, any signs of the she-devil this morning?" 

"Be nice." He chimed in, his eyes rolling at my refusal to say Allison's name out loud. "We, uhh, we actually did run into her last night though."

"What? At the tattoo place?"

"On the way back, actually. Her and Lydia were in the car next to us and then...this weird thing happened." My brows furrowed at Stiles' hesitation. That could never be good.

"What do you mean weird?"

"They pulled ahead of us and started driving, and then a deer hit them."

"We're surrounded by like seventy square miles of woods. Deer are pretty normal. I'm not seeing the weird part."

"No, like the deer actually ran into Lydia's car. Head first. We got out to help them and when I felt it...it just felt, terrified."

"So you think the deer was literally scared into death?" 

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Whatever it was, must have been real scary." Stiles shrugged.

"Well Beacon Hills is finally Kanima, homicidal alpha, and crazy grandfather free, so I'm gonna blame it on a good old mountain lion." I grinned. 

"Speaking of crazy things...any new dreams?" Stiles asked, a brow raised. I silently groaned, biting on the inside of my lip. I had gone a full hour without thinking about the dreams. 

"No. Nothing new." My stomach twisted as Stiles' lips curled down into a frown. Much to my appreciation, he dropped the subject the rest of our walk to class. 

☾☾☾

Scott and Stiles took seats next to each other while I took residence an open seat behind Stiles. I looked around the classroom, relieved inside to not see a certain brunette in the class. Maybe I had been lucky enough to not have class with her this year. 

"You think after all your studying over the summer you'll be able to pass?" Stiles asked Scott.

"With flying colors." Scott smiled proudly. 

"All those books better have not been for nothing." I chimed in. The classroom continued to fill up with students. The clicking of high heels echoed through the the room, and in came Lydia. The redhead looked around, flashing a smile and wagging her fingers as she spotted me. I smiled back at Lydia as she walked in the room looking picture perfect per usual. My smile quickly fell as my eyes fell on Allison trailing into the classroom behind her. Allison froze as she caught my gaze. A fit of rage churned my stomach as a hot anger washes over my body. My jaw tightening as I narrowed my eyes at the brunette. I hadn't seen Allison since the night I punched her, and there wasn't a single doubt in my body that I wanted to do it again. Allison swallowed hard, her eyes shifting from me to the only empty seat, which just so happened to be in front of Scott. The two made a quick awkward small talk before she settled into her seat.

"Well you look happy to see her." Stiles commented, turned in his seat towards me. "Relax, your gonna break a knuckle." He quietly chuckled, looking at my clenched hand resting on the desk top. 

"Telling me to relax only makes me want to punch her more." I retorted with a faux smile.

"Okay, let's try to avoid the punching and maiming on-" 

A chorus of buzzing and beeps brought me from my state of anger. I glared down to my desk, my vibrating phone flashing a message from an unknown number across the screen. Students began looking around the room, grabbing their phones and receiving what I assumed to be the same message as me. I swiped the phone open and began to read the messagee. 

"...seemed to lead into a heart of immense darkness." A short, brunette announced as she entered into the room. "This is the last line to the first book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off everyone." By the woman's outfit choice, I deducted she was the new teacher. She was young, hardly in her thirties. My theory proved to be correct as she wrote 'Ms. Blake' in a squiggly handwriting on the chalkboard. With much reluctance, the entire class switched off their phones and began to rummage through their bags for notebooks and pencils.

Ms. Blake continued teaching class, immediatly discussing the books we would be going over this week. Hardly ten minutes of class had passed when Principal Thomas had entered the room, going straight over to talk to Ms. Blake. 

"Uh, Mr. and Miss McCall?" Ms. Blake called out. I whipped my head up from it being buried in my notes. She wagged her finger, urging us to grab our bags and leave the classroom. My brows furrowed, looking over to Scott to see him already looking at me with concern.

"What's going on?" Scott mouthed. I shook my head, shrugging. Scott and I gathered our belongings and followed Ms. Blake and Principal Thomas into the hallway. We were quickly informed that mom had called and needed us at the hospital as soon as possible. After excusing us from the rest of the day, Principal Thomas had walked off, leaving us with the new teacher.

"I'm sure it's an emergency if your mother needs you to leave school, but I'm going to give both of you a warning. In the nicest possible way." My brows rose in response to Ms. Blake's seeming threat. "I am well aware of both of your attendance records. I don't want to see you guys slip back into old habits." I stared at the teacher in silence before dryly responding. 

"We wont." 

"It's going to be different this year." Scott assured, much more promise in his voice than mine. 

"Resolutions are only good if you stick with them, Scott." Blake reminded.

"They will! I promise they wont be ephemeral." Scott smiled and tuned on his heel to walk off. Ms. Blake and I looked to each other in a moment of uncomfortable silence. 

"Yeah, message received." I muttered, pursing my lips tightly together. I turned away, walking off to meet with Scott. 

"That was weird." 

"Ephemeral? Word of the day?" I wondered. Scott nodded with a smile. "Nice."

☾☾☾

The strong smell of disenfectant wafted up my nose, burning my nostrils. We hastily walked down the hospital hallway with mom between us. She had just finished catching us up that Isaac  had been admitted to the hospital last night and he was pretty beat up. Isaac had deep cuts in his chest and whatever did it was certainly not human. It looked like he had been attacked by something. 

"He's in room 215 if he's not already in surgery." Mom nodded her head, giving us the approval to go upstairs and see the injured beta—and somehow figure out a way to find out who did this to him.

"Thanks mom." I muttered, the two of us rushing off towards the elevators. "A lot of people are going to start asking questions when Isaac doesn't have anything wrong with him when he's on that table." I noted. 

"Yeah, I'm fully aware. Getting him out of here without people asking more questions is going to be another one." He heavily sighed, pressing the second floor button several times once we stepped into the elevator. 

"Well we need to come up with answers quick." Just as the doors were about to shut, a cane jutted its way in between them. Scott and I looked at each other with wide eyes. The elevator doors slowly reopened, a middle aged blink man entering. 

"Would you hit the button for the second floor please?" He politely asked in a thick British accent. Scott looked at me and I vigorously nodded. He pressed the button for the floor again, anxious to get to our destination. "Thank you." The man muttered. The elevator slowly rose to the second floor, the jazz music filling the uncomfortable silence between us. After what felt like forever, a dinging alerted us the lift had reached our stop and the doors parted once more. My leg jiggled, anxious to get out of the elevator and to Isaac. 

"You wouldn't mind helping me out for a second, would you?" The British man asked. Scott and I looked at each other, our mouths fishing for words to say. I vigorously shook my head. 

"Uh, sure." Scott stammered. I threw up my hands in frustration as Scott whispered to me to go. The British man wrapped a hand on Scott's shoulder and the two slowly began walking the hall. I rushed off, passing rooms with beeping monitors and coughing patients. 213...214...215! Bingo.

I swung myself into the room only to find it empty. There was no sign of Isaac or any of his belongings. 

"Shit." I whispered, realizing he was already in surgery —already causing hundreds of questions to run through doctor's minds as to why a teen on the brink of death just hours ago is perfectly fine now. Shaking my head, I moved on from the room in search of Scott.

"Hey." I finally caught up with him a hallway down. He was finally alone, the British man no longer with him. We turned the corner of the hallway, heading for the elevators. "He's not there, he's already in surgery." I shook my head. Scott opened his mouth to answer but quickly closed it as he stopped walking.

"No he's not." He alerted, staring at a bulky built nurse guiding a wheelchair into the elevator. Occupying the chair was none other than an unconscious Isaac. The nurse turned around to face us, his hands slipping off the wheelchair. He shot a malicious smile our way. My vision fell down to the nurses hands as he reached for the floor buttons. The man had claws protruding where his nails should have been. 

That wasn't a nurse.

"Scott." I said. Scott immediately flicked out his claws, growling a territorial roar. We started rushing forward. As the elevator doors began to shut, Scott charged forward at full speed and dove himself into the elevator just as the doors closed. The second I reached the doors, they had shut. 

"Damn it!" I banged my fist against the metal. Almost immediately, I could hear feral growls coming from the inside. At the top of the doors, the elevator dinged and the number 4 illuminated itself. I whipped around, my eyes focusing on the stairwell across the hall. I immediately sprinted to the stairwell and rushed up to the fourth floor at full speed, hoping both Scott and Isaac weren't ripped to shreds already. I slammed the stairwell doors open, my vision focusing on an unconscious body a few feet in front of me on the floor. Relief and confusion both washed over me as I realized it was the wolf nurse clad in scrubs who was badly beaten and comatose on the floor. My eyes trailed up, my lips agape. Inside the elevator alongside Scott and a still unconscious Isaac, was Derek.

"Let's go." He ordered. A breath of relief escaped past my lips as they curled up into a smile. 

☾☾☾

We arrived at the old Hale house in record time. Derek rushed in, carrying Isaac bridal style while Scott and I trailed quickly behind him. Scott pressed his phone tightly against his ear as he spoke with Stiles, ordering the teen to come to Derek's house as soon as possible. 

"What's going on?" I asked Scott after he hung up the phone. His brows furrowed together, worry plastered across his features. 

"I don't know, something at the school." He shook his head, tabling the conversation for later as more pressing matters were at bay. Derek laid Isaac down across a dusty table and crouched down to the floor. I scanned the room, finally noticing how abandoned and dilapidated the Hale house was. There was at least six inches of dust on everything. There were broken floor boards everywhere. It was just a hazard to stand here. 

"You don't still live here do you?" Scott asked, voicing my thought. 

"No." Derek informed, ripping up a piece of floorboard and tossing it to the side, "The county took it over but there's something here that I need." Derek continued working quickly. "It can help heal a wound from an alpha." He added, pulling a plant up from underneath the floor. 

"But it did heal." I pointed out. 

"Not on the inside." Derek disagreed, standing back up and spreading what looked to be wolfsbane plants across the table. He diligently began working on Isaac. 

"Hey, are you going to tell me who that was back there? That Alpha?" Scott finally spoke up. My brows raised at the word. Alpha? My concerned gaze shifted over to Derek. I thought Derek was the only one in Beacon Hills. If that guy was an alpha, that implied there were more wolves.

"Alpha? There's another pack here?" I questioned. Derek glared back and forth between my brother and I. His eyes gently squeezed closed as a defeat sigh deflated his chest. Derek's gaze flicked between Scott and I. 

"A rival pack. It's my problem. I know you want to help and you did. I owe you. Now go home. Go back to being a teenager. Both of you." He eyed me. I disappointedly shook my head and Derek quickly turned back towards Isaac. I could feel the disappointed seethe through my chest. I refused to accept the fact there was another pack in town and Derek had failed to tell us. I opened my mouth, ready to question him, only for Scott to speak first. 

"Uh...hey Derek. If you want to payback that favor now...there is something you can do for me." I turned to Scott, his hand subconciously ghosting over where his tattoo had formerly been. 

"You've got to be kidding." I rolled my eyes, hoping he had given up on that already.

☾☾☾

Stiles and I gathered in what used to be the Hale house living room watching Derek's scarlet eyes study Scott's bare arm. Scott shifted in his chair as Derek intently stared at his tanned skin, seeing details the human eye was unable to comprehend. 

"Yeah, I see it. Two bands, right?" Derek stood back up, his eyes fading into green. "What does it mean?"

"I don't know... it's something I traced with my fingers. "Scott mused, running his fingers through a dusty table beside him, drawing two circle in the dust.

"Why is this so important to you?" Derek curiously asked, having a feeling that Scott's need for this tattoo wasn't an impulsive teenage move.

"Do you know what the word tattoo means?" Scott responded. Derek's brows furrowed, wondering where Scott was going with this.

"To mark something." Stiles answered, his voice low. 

"Well, that's in Tahitian. In Samoan it means open wound." A surge of pain ached across my chest. I had been so filled with rage and hatred towards Allison this whole summer, Scott had never told me the entire point of this tattoo he so desperately wanted. And now it made sense. 

Allison.

"I knew I wanted to get a tattoo when I turned 18. I always wanted one. I just decided to get it now to make it kind of a reward." Scott shrugged. This peaked Derek's curiosity.

"For what?"

"For not calling or texting Allison all summer." He quietly admitted. My lips tightened, my eyes quickly avoided Scott, knowing how hard this was on him. I knew he had been heartbroken, but I hadn't bothered to sit down with him and talk about it. "I was trying to give her the space she wants. And four months later it still hurts. It still feels like an...um—"

"An opened wound." I quietly finished. The gaze of the three men fell on me. 

"Um, yeah." Scott shifted his gaze away from me. An uncomfortable silence blanketed over the house.

"The pains going to be worse than anything you've ever felt." Derek announced, breaking the silence and shifting the mood in the house. 

"Oh, that's great." Stiles sarcastically commented.

"Do it." Scott nodded bravely. Derek picked up the blowtorch that sat beside his feet. My eyes widened, my stomach growing queasy. The hissing of gas and flames screamed in my ear as Derek lit the torch. 

"Oh wow...hat's a lot, a lot of fire. So I'm going to take that as my queue to wait outside." Stiles mumbled, attempting to walk away. He was quickly pulled back by Derek grabbing on the back of his shirt.

"Nope." Derek refused. The Alpha's gaze shifted to me, his green eyes staring me down. "Help hold him down." He ordered. I clenched my teeth together, nodding reluctantly. Stiles and I both stood on each side of Scott, our grip firmly pressed against his tense shoulders. Stiles began panickly muttering under his breath as he secured his position on Scott. Derek leaned forward, grazing the flame of the torch against Scott's skin. It only took seconds for Scott to start writhing in pain. My body recoiled at the painful screams that escaped Scott's lungs. My grip on his shoulders grew tighter as I used all my weight to hold him still. 

"Hold him!" Derek demanded.

"We're trying!" I barked back. The screams continued as the blowtorch's flames licked against Scott's flesh. Scott's body automatically triggered his shift, his teeth extending into fangs as his screams turned guttural. I squeezed my eyes firmly shut, continuing to hold my writhing brother down with all my strength. The cries finally faded and Scott's body went limp, falling unconscious in the chair. Stiles and I briefly glanced at each other, reluctantly stepping away and taking a stance besides Derek, who tossed the torch onto the ground once he finished. I on-looked in awe as the healing process did its magic, and two thick, lines appeared. 

"I hope that was worth it." I muttered under my breath. My attention shifted back on Derek, who was admiring the work he had created. "Why didn't you say anything?" I quietly spoke up. Derek looked over to me, his brows raised. 

"About what?"

"About the rival pack." 

"Because it's my problem to deal with." Derek's lips formed a tight line. 

"But still, Derek." 

"There's nothing you or even Scott could have done about it, Hayley. I have to figure it out."

"What about—" My question was cut off by Scott gasping awake as his eyes split open. In a panic, he scanned the three of us and then looked down to his arm. A wide grin split across his face. 

"It worked!" He cheered. 

"Great! Now let's go." Stiles urged. I glanced over to Derek with pleading eyes, silently demanding to know whatever he wasn't telling me. He mouthed that we'd talk later. I nodded, hoping he'd come through on his promise.

"Thanks, Derek." Scott smiled. It was the happiest I had seen him in a long time. Derek nodded his head. 

"Well, it looks pretty damn permanent now." Stiles muttered as we walked towards the door.

"Mhmmm." I agreed.

"Yeah kinda need something permanent with everything that's happened to us. Everything just changes so fast. Everything's so..." Scott's words faded out as he opened the front door. My breath caught in my throat, noticing the brick red paint on the outside side of the door. I hardly noticed I had stopped short, my eyes narrowing as I continued to stare at the door before me. My hearing fully faded out as my heartbeat echoed in my eardrums. An overwhelming feeling of both familiarity and fear overtook me. It was a feeling I couldn't shake, and I only knew it from one place.

My dreams. 

It had been freshly painted. It was more than obvious. It was the only thing in the house that didn't look dilapidated. Sheer panic washed over me as I continued to stare at the door. It didn't feel real, but there it was. After months of cryptic and terror filled dreams, it was right in front of me. And it belonged to the Hale house this entire time. I expected to feel some sort of relief finally answering a part of a question that I had been asking thousands of times, but nothing but fear and shock overtook my body. The feeling that something bad was going to happen floated around me like an aura. It was suffocating. 

Scott and Stiles had continued on, unaware I had stopped. Scott grabbed onto the side of the door as it continued to open, his gaze flickering over to the door and noticing the change. His palm grazed over the fresh coat of paint, his brows raising in light confusion. 

"You painted the door." He realized, calling out to Derek in the other room as he tended to Isaac. I could barely hear Scott's voice. My heartbeat and the sound of my own breathing drowned everything around me out. 

"It's been right here." My voice was a ghost of a whisper. The two boys turned around to look at me, their faces flooded with confusion. 

"What?" Stiles asked. Derek quickly padded into the room

"It's been right here. This entire time." I whispered again an octave louder. My extremities tingles as my eyes refused to falter from the brick red door. 

"Hayley..." Scott began to connect the dots. I swallowed hard, my head shaking. 

"It's been right in front of us. It's been here this whole time. All these months." My voice cracked as my throat grew uncomfortably dry. The thumping of my heartbeat grew so loud I was sure the wolves were able to hear it. 

"What is she talking about?" Derek asked. Stiles eyes bulged as he realized what was happening. 

"You mean this—this is the door from your dreams? This door? The Hale house door?" Stiles gaped. I stiffly nodded, my eyes still glued on the door. The only thing behind it was the outside of Derek's house. I couldn't have been dreaming of the god damn door for months all for a view of Derek's front yard. There had to be more to it. Scott's gaze turned dark as he turned his attention towards Derek. 

"Why'd you paint the door?" Scott's voice was low. Derek shot us a look of sympathy. 

"Go home, Scott." Derek pleaded. Scott's ran a hand over the fresh paint.

"And why only one side?" He wondered, flicking his claws out. My heart raced faster as he took a claw to the door, slowly peeling the fresh paint off to reveal a streak of black. 

"Scott!" Derek exclaimed, taking a few steps to stand beside me.

Scott began clawing furiously at the door. Shreds of red paint flew everywhere. Scott grunted, shredding the paint apart and finally unveiling what Derek had covered up.My face paled significantly. This was it. 

It was a symbol similar to the triskelion. It was sharper, more square. The deja-vu sickened me, sending waves of terror through my body. It tightened around my throat like a noose. The bad feeling flooded my body, warning me. 

"The birds at school...the, the deer last night...like the night I got trampled by the deer...I got bit by the alpha." Scott's voice stammered as he rambled. 

"It's a warning sign." I whispered, looking over to Scott and Stiles. "It's been trying to warn us." Is slowly turned around to face Derek, afraid to ask what and who exactly had come to Beacon Hills. The triskelion was a sign of vengeance. This couldn't be much different. "How many are there?" I asked, mustering all the courage I could. 

Derek sighed, crossing his arms tightly over his chest and taking another step towards me"A pack of them." 

"A pack of what?" I asked, venom laced my voice. 

"An alpha pack." He admitted. My jaw clenched tightly, threatening to break my teeth. The silence that fell over the room was defeating. I stood glued in my spot, shaking my head in shock. 

"All of them? How does that even work?" Stiles wondered, utter confusion flooding his features. 

"I hear there's some kind of a leader. He's called Deucalion. We know they have Boyd and Erica. Peter, Isaac, and I have been looking for them for the last four months." Derek finally met my gaze again. My head continued to shake, as my lips parted, dying to ask hundreds of questions but I was so blown away he kept this from us I couldn't form words.

"What?" My voice was hardly audible. 

"Let's say you find them; how do you deal with an alpha pack?" Scott stepped forward to stand alongside me, the anger in his voice evident. 

"With all the help I can get." My gaze shifted from looking at Derek. My shaky fingers pressed against my lips, trying to comprehend everything we had learned in a matter of a minute. The gnawing feeling of being in the presence of the one thing that haunted my dreams for months ate away at my body. The noose around my neck grew tighter. 

"Where is she?" Isaac's slurred voice quietly spoke up. My eyes flickered up, finding Isaac drowsily sitting up on the table. The four of us glared at him as he struggled to support himself. "Where's the girl?" He forcefully asked. Being the only girl in the room, all eyes on me. Derek stared at me, wondering if I was the girl he was referring to. I briefly looked at the Alpha, shaking my head. I wasn't the girl Isaac was looking for.

"What girl?" Derek finally asked. 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

410K 14.5K 65
"please, just let me help you" "why should i? everyone i know either dies or thinks i'm a total freak show" Georgia Ray is a social outcast...
8.7K 126 26
Emilia Mikaelson is new to the town of Beacon Hills, but her family have told her everything there is to know about the supernatural in the little to...
318K 6.5K 30
Skylar McCall used to worry about things that most teenagers worry about. Turning in her homework on time, passing the next chemistry test, and tryin...
4.3K 101 28
Ava McCall always knew how to have fun. A little too much fun. Now that she is back home in the town of Beacon Hills, she finds that things are rapid...