The Dragon's Legacy

By _Savren_

What if Maegor the cruel had a son? A raven haired prince. Born to carry the legacy of his father and grandmo... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen - M
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six - M
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three

Chapter Eleven

2K 83 402
By _Savren_

"What were you thinking?!" Maegor said harshly. Holding back the fury as best as he could as he broke in Daemion's chamber, and walked toward him, narrowing the distance between himself and his son.

"I must take the Stepstones father." Daemion tried to excuse himself.

"Because of what?" Maegor said harsher.

"I-"

"Don't lie to me boy!" Maegor snapped, raising his voice.

"Is it death that you seek??" Maegor asked with anger and sorrow.

"No more than you." Daemion threw back like a child.

"Then why?!" Maegor snapped "why??" Maegor asked low and with pain in his voice.

Daemion stayed silent. I've only ever wanted you to be proud of me... Daemion bitterly thought to himself. This is my chance to prove to you that I am worthy of being the hair to your legacy.

"I am trying to walk this path with you Daemion. I risked your life once when I sent you to Bone mountain and after that to Yi-Ti. I will NOT do it again."

I have pushed him away... now I have truly lost him. Maegor sorrowfully thought to himself.

Maegor meant what he said. Daemion was the only thing he had of Ceryse. He knew if the God-Emperor had not seen their reasons to find common ground, the prize would have been Daemion's head. His sons head.

Once upon a time, Daemion was merely his heir. A tool for him to strengthen his claim to the throne. But now... now he was his son. How can he allow Daemion to risk his life? Again?! How can he allow Aegon to send Daemion to his certain death??

"Do you truly have no faith in me father?" Daemion asked, by the look of it, wounded.

"Faith will not to be your shield in battle boy."

"You were seven and ten when you assisted lord Aethan on his first campaign against the last king of the narrow sea." Daemion looked him in the eyes. "You slew a king. Now allow me to do the same, father." Daemion reasoned "Allow me to show Dorne that their pawns are just as weak as their confidence in these pathetic alliances."

"And that you will my dear boy."

Visenya said, as she walked inside of the chamber.

"Why did you support his decision mother?? You know father suggested him to put him on the spot so he would have no choice but to accept his death in Stepstones!" Maegor said sharply.

"Exactly why I agreed with him Maegor, Aegon was undermining Daemion and by the extension, you, my son." Visenya said  "But in the path of bringing us down, he gave Daemion the ladder to climb ever higher."

Visenya turned her head to Daemion.

"Daemion, write a letter to your uncle Martyn Hightower. I'm sure that he will assist you in your campaign." Visenya suggested. "He will answer your calling, be sure about that."

"Even with his troops, what if I fail grandmother?" Daemion asked, deep within unsure. But Visenya could see right through him.

"Failing is not an option." Visenya said with a strong voice.

Visenya grabbed Daemion's hand.

"Now this is about you, your father and I, my grandson. You are the fruit of my blood, I look at you and I see a man that our house will not see it alike for generations." Visenya continued "Now it's up to you to show all those who have doubted you that you are not what they believed you to be. Time for you to show all those bastards what the true blood of the dragon looks like." Visenya continued.

"Show them that there are fates worse than death."

__________________

Rhaena found Daemion in front of the weirdwood tree. The last place they had spoken.

"My Prince." Rhaena announced herself.

"Princess." Daemion looked surprised "Is there something of matter?"

"Why did you accept it?" Rhaena's voice was sharper than a valyrian steel blade.

"I beg your pardon??"

"Why have you accepted the offer to lead the campaign in Stepstones??" Rhaena asked annoyed.

"I do believe you missed when the king on the head of the table commanding me to do so, cousin." Daemion said confused, as if she should have known this.

"He merely suggested you! But you accepted it!" Rhaena snapped.

"You know it was no suggestion, cousin." Daemion said annoyed but yet still calm.

"Do you wish to die?!" Rhaena could feel her blood boiling in her veins.

Daemion chuckled bitterly.

"Did I jest?!" Rhaena was burning with anger. He's no fool and yet he is acting like one uh Rhaena thought to herself.

"No dear princess. I do not wish to die, nor do I plan to." Daemion smirked bitterly.

"If you truly wish to become fish food, do yourself a favour and feed yourself to Modread if not, I'll be more than glad to feed Dreamfyre. At least a dragon will be well fed rather some fish who might find itself in a net." Rhaena snapped.

Daemion grabbed her hand.

His hand was rougher than she had expected. She had seen the figures of roughness but they were rougher than they looked, but yet, Rhaena felt her blood froze in her veins. But then it was replaced with a warmth unlike anything she had ever felt. She looked him in his eyes.

His face cold. But yet could feel her heart warming her body. His face cold maybe, but his deep violet eyes were desperate. For what? She doesn't know.

Daemion reached for his neck. He took off his necklace.

Rhaena recognized the necklace. It is the same necklace from the night of our reunion! Rhaena had watch that necklace for almost the whole of the dinner. How could she forget?

It was a beautiful and elegant emerald necklace. Rhaena had never seen any emerald jewelry with such elegance on anyone, expect on...

"This, is the only thing that I have of my mother." Daemion said with an unreadable face "I've heard of her elegant appeal and beauty. Some say, Ceryse Hightower was everything that the realm could have wanted for a queen. And yet, all I have of her, is this necklace and my hair." Daemion said with a sad small smile.

"I wish you to have it." Daemion continued "So a part of me remain with you."

Ceryse's emerald necklace, was the closest thing Daemion had to his mother. A mother who's only sin was being a wife, and her retribution, me. Daemion thought to himself. Having that necklace was like having a part of his mother with him and now, I trust no one more than her to carry a part of me.

"Under one condition."

Daemion watched her as he waited for her to continue.

"That you'd come back... to me."

Daemion was speechless. He could not believe his ears.

Gods... it cannot be what I believe it to be Daemion thought to himself. "I promise, princess."

"Rhaena." Rhaena said "You have not called me by name since we have been reunited Daemion." Rhaena whispered "call me Rhaena."

"I promise that i will come back, to you, Rhaena." Daemion whispered calmly. He could feel his heart pumping harder in his chest as he finally spoke her name.

Rhaena turned around to let Daemion to put the necklace around her neck, and to hide her flustered face from him.

Daemion slowly placed the necklace around her neck. Her beautiful neck... He could see Rhaena was breathing quicker than usual. Her flustered face, and partially neck did not unnoticed.

"I must take my leave now." Daemion said slowly.

Rhaena turned to face him. Her lilac eyes filled with sorrow. Rhaena slowly raised her hand and placed it on his face. Gently stroking his high cheekbone.

The softness of her hand made his race. No silk, or even the lily he had from their last conversation could be compared to her hand.

He avoided her eyes, afraid that she might see through his mind. Afraid that his eyes might let out his deep secret, one that I will never share, for her sake.

His lips Rhaena thought.

Her lips Daemion thought.

"Rhaena." Daemion breathed.

"Daemi-"

"My prince, it is time." Ser Gawen Corbray interrupted.

Daemion, taken back, turned his head to his direction. "Yes, Gawen. Let us be on our way."

Daemion turned his look back to Princes— No, Rhaena. Gently took her hand to his lips and kissed the back of her hand.

"May you return safely, cousin." Rhaena said slowly.

"Thank you princess."

Gawen watched the two, with an unreadable face. Daemion joined him and the two joined the rest of their men.

                          _________________

Aenys opened the door with Alyssa by his side.

"You wished to see us father?" Aenys asked sweatily.

"My son." Aegon's lips formed a genuine smile. "I wish to speak about something of matter."

"What is the matter your grace?" Alyssa asked worried.

"It is regarding my beautiful granddaughter, Rhaena." Aegon spoke.

"What of her Father?" Aenys asked curiously.

"Rhaena's courtship is long overdue. She had years to be courted by a lordling but she did not encourage any of them. She must be wedded sooner rather than late." Aegon announced.

"Wedding??" Aenys stuttered "Father wedding her to some lord rather her being courted by one is unbecoming. Perhaps it is best to wait."

Alyssa took Aegon's word to heart. The king is right Alyssa thought to herself. Rhaena must wed and put an end to talks of her preferences. "Even so who would court Rhaena? Who do we wed her to? Lord celtiger? Or perhaps one of the Reach?" Alyssa asked nervously.

"I do not wish to see Rhaena to be sent away." Aenys protested.

"Neither do I, my son." Aegon agreed.

From the moment Aegon held Rhaena in his arms all he saw was Rhaenys. His sister, his wife, his love. He could not imagine, Rhaena being that far from home.

"Then who do you suggest father?" Aenys asked.

"Somewhere close to home. My grandson Aegon for instance."

"Our Aegon?"Alyssa asked.

"What a better match could you ask for, my son?" Aegon reasoned.

"They have always been close yes but having them wed?" Aenys eyeballs rose and fell at the same time. Not quite sure what to say.

"Something to consider my son."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 293 9
"πƒπŽ π˜πŽπ” 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 π–πŽππƒπ„π‘, π‹πˆπŠπ„, π–π‡πŽ 𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄 πˆπ’ π…π”π‚πŠπˆππ† π˜πŽπ”π‘ πŒπ€π?" β˜† ...
14.6K 815 11
Prince Baelon Targaryen, the only son of Prince Daemon Targaryen and Lady Rhea Royce, is content with the fact he will one day rule on Runestone even...
38.6K 823 4
'✦ Λ‘ Φ΄ΦΆΦΈ π“‚ƒππ‹π€π‚πŠ π–πˆπ“π‡ π„ππ•π˜ | ❝Never underestimate how far an envious women will go to destroy you.❞ „ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ Naeseryne Targayen...
76.5K 1.9K 15
what if Rhaenyra and daemon targaryen had a daughter not one but two? what if one dead and one lives and send the one who is alive to live with malfo...