LOVE PHANTASM

By Blackmermaid44

Mystery.......That's what she is She can be light in darkness....also can be demolisher of every elation... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
UDAIPUR
RADHEYA
FANTASY
STRANGER
FADED
EMPRESS
BROTHER
SACRIFICE
STORM
SHE
HEALS
SAGA
START
MESSAGE
WELCOME
INITIATE
BATTLE
REVEAL
INHERITED
VISIT
ATTACK
JEALOUS
PROPOSAL
THREAT
TOGETHER
UNION
TURN
DEFEAT
APART
DESTRUCTION
ORDER
PUNISHMENT
DEBATE
DEPART
SERVED
END

LISTEN

1.7K 124 21
By Blackmermaid44

" To listen!! To listen each one of you!!! ",

She ignored all of their confused glance and harsh stood to announce, " Must keep all yours voices low and if anyone dare to interrupt the one who speak.....be ready to meet my weapon..."

kauravas growled feeling insulted and karna's sharp gaze pierced those siblings....what they planning....they are all warriors....not slaves of Udaipur. Harshini's smirk infuriated them all...and karna reminded of hrishika who sometimes showcased nothing but arrogance and head weight which he admired back then....now he know from where she got the venture for such things.

Drona stood up having enough and asked, " May I know what took empress's interest on the matters of aryavart...as far as I know Udaipur never crossed their path with any other kingdom!! So empress what..."

His words stopped in middle by harshini who taunted the acharya, " Acharya!! I think I clearly said am here to listen!! Not to answer anyone of you!! "

Drona stood speechless and slowly sat back to his seat while harshini continued, " I never support a war that threatens thousands of innocent lives..... though am showing the mercy to hear your side of story before deciding something!! "

Harshini looked all expecting someone to show the courage to speak up. And after a while none other than the fire born princess stood up with a very rigid face....her eyes said aloud how unpleased is she with current circumstances. Harshini kept a blank face as pandavas looked surprised not expecting their common wife to speak up. Most of the kauravas had that scowl and karna's face painted with disdain at the sight of two most arrogant womans he know....

The strong aura and charisma of illustrious divine beauty of udaipur literally made draupadi invisible to others. Draupadi felt lose of words finding all the attention still on empress. Her nose were red and blinking away the inconstancy she spoke,

"Act of brutally killing many warriors from our sena contradict the words of udayrani who loves to protect innocent lives!! "

Suyodhan loudly growled at the audacity of agnikanya and karna's face marred with pity...how more this woman can be blind with pride and arrogance. Harshini's face were blank as she keenly observed the lady who showed the courage to speak up. very slowly her face grimaced with a special glint on those brown orbs........

Chuckling she joked to her sakha, " Achyuta!!! Seems like someone here misunderstood me as epitome of self righteous!! "

Krishna couldn't help the grin that broke on his face which made drupadakanya's eyes to go wide. With a disinterested face Harshini answers, " Hey lady!!! Be happy you are still wearing mangalsutr and sindoor even after that five husbands of yours dared to cheat my son in battle!!

Be grateful you lost only your army rather than sons or husbands!! Sure I do have a big heart to spare them for a while!! "

Gandhari couldn't help herself from mumbling, " Arrogant!! "

Which clearly heard by the samragyi and looked everyone with a challenging look to stand against her. Draupadi looked her sakha who seems enjoying the show....she shook her head in disappointment and giving a sharp glance at empress's side which gone unnoticed she sat back with the insult that she just bought.....

Yudhishtir nervously stood up and joining his palm he requested, " Empress harshini!! I acknowledge your anger towards us is reasonable.....but we got the punishment and as I heard your son too doing well too...

Am apologizing for what happened with him!! Still if you choose once again to battle along their side... that's...."

Before he could complete his words the loud booming voice of karna which is nothing less than a thunder hit on everyone's ears,

" This isn't over Yudhishtir!!! That vessel beside you will pay with his own life for what he done to Hriday!! I will make you wash hriday's feet with his blood!! "

The entire sabha gasped at the threat and karna were glowing in a different way with all angry.... harshini's lips curved into a smile as her gaze went soft at him.... suyodhan and ashwattama shared a look at each other. Hasrh mouthed to Krishna,

" Well I will help him!! "

Pritha stood with vulnerable look and karna's anger seems dim at her sight. Harshini literally scowled expecting the lady to pull her victim drama and drain him emotionally....

She asks, " Putr karn!! We all understand the obligation you feel towards udaipur as they waged a war for no one else but you.......

Though fighting against pandavas for a kingdom that were in dark all these days doesn't make sense!!

You know them!! You know!! "

Harshini and harsh looked each other.... that lady were pointing her hand towards pandavas. She is crooked behind that mask of helpless old lady.... Though kunti's words doesn't made others doubt anything, suyodhan and ashwattama again shared a glance seeing how mitr karna got paled and being feeble infront of his enemy's mother.......

Harshini was the one to answer, " Well to all pandavas and their allies including wives and kuntidevi to know!! I spared you all yes.....though my son hridyanshu do have a father whose anger and valor is limitless...

My husband do have all the right to take revenge for hurting his one and only beloved son!! "

All from pandava side gulped and paled as ghosts. Now how dangerous is he....while karna stood there glaring her and she passed a smirk while directing one eyebrow up. Kaurava side amused who possibly might be worthy enough to win this powerful ladies heart. Ashwattama and Suyodhan smirked at the troubled expression of pandavas.

Harshini continued not breaking her eyelock with karna, " If my husband choose to unleash his anger to your Sena....then nothing could stop him from beheading his enemy!!

But if anyone of you dare to twist the battle in deceitful manner as always then remember no one will be there to save you all from me.....

I will destroy from the root!!! "

The atmosphere tensed at her threat...she just threatened the safety of entire kuruvansh. Draupadi looked her sakha and subhadra couldn't believe her brother let someone cold hearted like her to have such power in hand....karna scoffed in annoyance. Who she is to support him...

This battle is his....they are his enemies....they hurted his son....the revenge is his....he want the fair battle that he indeed seeking for long.....

Harshini smirked at him and asked, " So Kunti Devi!!! Does King of Anga's anger makes sense now?? "

Karna's eyes widened.....that was an indirect announcement. Silence prevailed for some moments and kunti gasps loud finally what empress meant dawned upon her.... followed by all. Small murmering heaved up to the air and Krishna gave a pointed look at harshini whose smirk didn't faded.... Harsh were chuckling at the number of wide eyes and mouths covered by their own hands....

Karna's voice pierced the tension in atmosphere to make it worse, " Hridyanshu is Anga's prince!!! My son!!

Pandavo!!! When your weapon raise against my mitr.....then!!! my revenge will kill all of yours arrogance!!! "

With that ignoring everyone's shocked state and questions he walked out not once glancing back or heeding any attention to his wife. Harsh stated,

" So pandavo!! If war happens....that's the end!! "

His mocked smile infuriated the common wife as she glared the empress who announced, " Since he left we may continue the sabha next day! "

With that she came into the green dust by wind that carried her away.......

************************************************************************

Hridyanshu were in the tent where his father brought him and were at the edge of falling asleep....he felt cool breeze hurrying inside and that special aroma filled his surroundings making him smile a bit......a quick peck at his forehead with the warmth of mother's presence.
Harshini smiled when her palms that held her son's cheeks got engulfed by his palms. His mischievous smile were like pouring cold water to her burning heart. Opening his eyes hriday sat straight on his bed calling,

" Mother!! "

She asks in a calm voice, " How are you my son?? "

He chuckled while replying, " Still alive!! Perks of being the son of mysterious queen of Udaipur!!! "

She uplifted her eyebrow which he laughed off and asks, " So how the things going on? "

Harshini nonchalantly answers, " Don't burn your head on those matters!! Am here right?? Your mother will fix everything before going back!! "

Hridyanshu pales as he questions in a disappointed tone, " Going back?? Is that the future you are planning for yourself?? "

Harshini looked her son as he asks, " Have you two talked yet? "

She nods negative.... hridyanshu's eyes got widened seeing the little vulnerable expression on his mother's face....that was the first time his mother looked weak. Whereas she recalled the way karna looked her with all the hatred and anger.....not that she will give up that soon...before sorting their matter she do have to fix the damaged family of kurus...or their greed gonna absorb everything that she protected all these while....

She assured her son, " Hriday!! My son!! First i have to fix certain things to ensure your father's safety and

It's not that easy for me to get back the broken trust and abandoned love!!! "

Hriday asks agitated, " So you just gonna give up on us?? "

Harshini blinked before asking amused, " Us?? "

Hriday's face became blank at that question and she chuckled at his expression asking, " Seems like my kid already decided to stay with his father!! "

She knew karna won't leave hriday yet her son himself liking the idea of staying in Anga over udaipur were a little too much for her to digest. On the other hand the kid troubled between recalling the little yet precious moments with father....and his mother who made him who he is now at this very young age....

He stated, " He deserves a family....

And I want a real family!!! With my mother and father!! "

Harshini smiled understanding him as she looked away feeling hurtful....she will try.... Shrugging off those thoughts she cupped hriday's cheek and pecked his forehead....the exact moment curtains of the tent flew wide making way for karna to enter there.....

Karna were coming direct to his son only to see her already there....his feets frozen at the sight and the mother son duo looked at him sensing his presence. Karna looked away from her....though he decided to leave intending to give them some time together......

But she stopped him, " Am leaving!! "

With that she already left.....and his face frowned at the way she just faded in wind. That reminded him of the life he had with her.... everything was a lie and mere illusion for her....

He breathed out all the anger in one go when hriday called him, " Father! "

He said in a firm tone without looking his son, " Don't talk anything about her!! "

Hriday went silent at that and karna excused himself from the tent realizing he need some alone time.......

.
.
.

It took hours for karna to come back to his son's tent and he freaked to death finding the empty bed. He screamed at the top of his voice,

" Putr!!! "

Suyodhan and ashwattama followed by some other kaurvas rushed in there....none were allowed inside hriday's tent...but now all came there hearing karna's scream. Karna were with them all these while explaining about his past with the help of ashwattama....suyodhan eventually accepted his mitr's circumstances of hiding about his wife and family.....

Suyodhan ordered , " Search for putr hriday!!! "

Karna felt defeated as he drop himself on knees.... people went in all four direction in search of the youngest whereas his broken father confused...did he just left him or she...she took him??

Karna's eyes reddened in anger and fists were in a ball....he stormed out as suyodhan and ashwattama trailed behind yelling his name.......

************************************************************************

Harshini opened her eyes from the deep meditation as the Lord of Dwarka stated, " Himanii!!! You have a visitor...."

She gave a curt node making pandava Mata come to the dim light from the only diya that shone in her camp....she had a smug smile to adore as she expected such a move from the moment she announced her relation with the king of Anga....

She asks formally, " How may I help you Devi Kuntii??"

The shrewd woman requests, " Empress am here with a plea.... don't let this war be the end of my sons!! "

Harshini said coldly, " I have made it clear already what's my stand in this!!! "

Kunti gulped before saying, " Putri!! You are a mother...a mother who ready to burn the entire world for her son....no one could understand me better than you!! "

Kunti didn't noticed the sarcasm when harshini repeated the word again herself, " Mother!!! "

Pritha continues in a mere whisper, " Your Sena shouldn't support kaurvas "

The other one questions faking a curiosity making her sakha who chose to be a spectator for the rest of the time roll his eyes, " Why shouldn't I?? "

Kunti suck in a breath before gathering the courage to confess, " Because pandavas are karna's younger brothers!!!

Karn is the first one to born in my womb!! He is the ansh of sun lord himself!! "

Krishna's mouth gaped when harshini stood acting shocked and asks dramatically, " Oh Devi you really know what you saying??  "

Kunti said more confidently, " Karna wanted his brothers to win the battle and the truth to be hidden forever....

So at this point if you don't have the mind to support pandvasena....then my eldest will live with the guilt of defal of his blood brothers!! "

Harshini's face flashed disgust....nerve of the lady to say her to support pandavas. Though she managed to ask innocently, " So you want me to fight alongside your devputras against my own husband!! Right?? "

Kunti opened her mouth to say something and Krishna interrupted them, " Aunt!! Whom you think you are talking to?? "

Kunti slightly panicked at the serious demeanor of Krishna making him warn her, " Himani born with magic!!! She could see the past....she directs the present.....and now doing what she born for!! Building the future!!! "

It took a moment for pandavamata to figure out the real meaning of his words and she heaved out a mumble, " Sh...she knew?? "

Krishna sighed only making kunti look at the samragyi who have her arrogant smirk back. Kunti splutters feeling highly insulted, " I...I must be going!! "

Before she could even turn harshini's authoritative voice heard, " Devi kunti!!! It was your choice coming here....but won't be the same afterwards!! "

Before kunti could even node the young lady infront of her just declared, " I won't stand against pandavas....but say that truth you folded deep down at your heart to the world!!  "

Kunti's eyes were watery as she just shook her head in negative.... Harshini kept a blank face while gesturing her hand to the entrance permitting pandava Mata to go....that was enough of time for pritha to dash out in horror....she made a worst decision of coming here....whom she just tried to out smart....

How karna ended up marrying this woman...she is everything...but kind?? Not at all....how contradicting their characters each other yet have to end up together!!!

When it was just the friends duo...Krishna asks, " So this is how you stopping the battle?? "

Harshini replies, " No way am gonna put the safety of entire aryavart on that lady's hands!! Never in dreams!! "

He sighs as he mischievously asks, " Yet am wondering why Gandharraj is so quiet nowadays!! "

Harshini shrugs while answering, " That poor man's brain not getting any rest for decades and may or may not I decided to keep it blank for somedays!! "

Krishna made an ' O ' face and warned, " You know once you release the illusion..."

She cut him off before walking towards the entrance, " If I want I can slave him till death!! You should have done it in the first place itself...."

Krishna chuckles as he reminded from behind, " Just don't forget that I won't leave behind the purpose of my life!!! "

She walks out as she replied calmly, " Neither I!! Well we both can try!! "

Krishna laughed at that and shook his head in negative finally accepting himself, " Whatever you doing is right!! Just make it perfect!! "

She too were smiling....a calm and beautiful one.......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 2.9K 135
This story is not meant to hurt anyone's religious beliefs. If at any point of time you feel your sentiments are getting hurt then you can immediatel...
80.6K 5.2K 68
๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐Š๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ข ๐ก๐š๐ ๐€๐ซ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ง ๐›๐ž๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ข๐š๐ ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Š๐š๐ซ๐ง ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ ๐๐š๐ง๐๐š๐ฏ? ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐Š๐š๐ซ๏ฟฝ...
Another Chance for Lives By

Historical Fiction

49.8K 2.3K 41
Karna and Draupadi. A story for many who wanted another chance for Karna and Draupadi. What if the Gods decides to give them another chance? What wi...
164K 7.6K 52
"Truth is like the Sun, whereas Realization is the first encounter with reality." But when woven, an unwavering path of Self-Realization is created. ...