Love On The Brain

By SerityPsychic21

Smart Matilda Jiang had just switched high schools from Boise to Idaho City. There in Preston High School, sh... More

Chapter 1: Simple But Not
Chapter 2: Mean Cheerleaders
Chapter 3: Ugly Duckling
Chapter 4: Geniuses
Chapter 5: Defender
Chapter 6: When You Love Someone
Chapter 7: Aunt's House
Chapter 8: Imagination
Chapter 9: The Dream
Chapter 10: Exam Bet
Chapter 11: Bond With You
Chapter 12: Special Day
Chapter 13: His Confession
Chapter 14: Unspoken Connection
Chapter 15: Date In His House
Chapter 16: Unreciprocated
Chapter 18: Love Right Where We Are (Final)

Chapter 17: Kidnapped

14 2 2
By SerityPsychic21

On the way home, everything was going perfect for Matilda. That was until...a guy wearing a black mask appeared behind her and covered her mouth with his hands to make her faint. It was Devon. He put her body in the back of his trunk and drove off to a small, abandoned house. It was revealed this was part of Amanda's plan. At the unfamiliar house, Matilda was lying unconscious on the ground in the basement of Devon's house. Amanda and Devon were standing and talking.

Amanda: Wow, you knocked her out within seconds...

Amanda: How long will she be asleep, Devon?

Devon: For a couple more hours. The doubled the intensity of the dose I gave her.

Devon: But I'm afraid we'll get caught.

Amanda: Don't be stupid! We won't get caught...We're in a remote area.

Amanda: Where no one can hear us.

Amanda: Even if we did, I wouldn't be responsible!

Amanda: It's time for me to go home...Make sure she doesn't wake up.

Devon's frustration boiled over as he watched Amanda walk away, leaving him alone to watch over Matilda and be held in the eerie, abandoned house. His face twisted into a nasty scowl, his brows furrowing deeply, and his lips forming a tight, thin line. His eyes, normally filled with mischief and arrogance, were now clouded with irritation and anger.

Devon: He thought. That f**king cunt...I should've avoided her in the first place!

Devon: On the inside. Feeling more risky at the fact someone will discover us...

His thoughts raced, a tumultuous storm of resentment and exasperation. Amanda was supposed to be his partner in this sinister endeavor, but she had abandoned him when they needed to be vigilant. He questioned her loyalty and wondered if she had ulterior motives for leaving him alone with Matilda. Devon couldn't help but feel a sense of dread creeping over him as he contemplated the consequences of any mistakes. His frustration was tinged with anxiety, knowing that any misstep could lead to their plan falling apart, and they could both end up facing severe consequences. However, Amanda carried out the one last step of her plan before going home. She was holding Matilda's phone in her hands and texted Patrick, pretending to be Matilda herself.

Amanda: She texted. I'm sorry, Patrick. But we must break up...I'm moving away this afternoon.

Amanda: She added. Don't text me again!

Amanda: She gloated to herself. Haha, I'm so smart...He will never find out about the truth!

Patrick's reaction upon receiving fake text messages from Matilda, which were actually sent by Amanda, about Matilda moving away and wanting to break up with him was a mixture of shock, confusion, and heartbreak. At first, when Patrick's phone buzzed with the incoming messages, his face might have lit up with anticipation, thinking that Matilda was reaching out. As he began to read the messages, though, a wave of confusion would wash over him. The words on the screen didn't align with what he knew about their relationship, and they seemed out of character for Matilda.

Patrick: He said to himself. Moving away? She didn't tell me this earlier...

Patrick: On the inside. Also, those messages don't sound like her.

He tried to call her, but he kept receiving a voice message saying, "I'm sorry you have reached the voicemail of Matilda Liwang. The person isn't available, please try again."

Patrick: He thought to herself. How come she's not picking up her phone? Something doesn't feel right...

Kyle was present at Patrick's house and he immediately took sight of the look of confusion and worry on Patrick's house. He noticed the change in Patrick's demeanor, the furrowed brows, and the troubled expression on his face, and he immediately wanted to know what was happening.

Kyle: Cousin, are you okay? Why the alarming look?

Patrick: Matilda told me she's breaking up with me since she's moving away...

Kyle: Sounds fishy to me. Not something she would say on a whim. Did you try to call her?

Patrick: I did, but she won't answer.

Kyle: We should go to her house to confirm.

Without further hesitation, they ran to Matilda's house to check to see if she's there. However, to their surprise, there were no trucks or pulled out furniture coming from the garage or front door. They approached the front door and slowly knocked on it. Matilda's mom answered.

Matilda's mom: Patrick...What are you here for?

Patrick: Matilda told me you guys are moving away. Is that true?

Matilda's mom: What are you talking about? We aren't moving away. I don't know why she would tell you that.

Matilda's mom: She's not even home yet.

Patrick: Oh my god...I think we should report this to the police!

They did just that and went to the police station. They were sitting in front of an officer's desk to explain about the situation.

Patrick: His voice trembled. Sir, I would like to report a missing person...It's my girlfriend, Matilda Jiang.

Patrick: I think she's in danger. I hope you can help me find her.

Patrick: I'm getting more worried as the minutes tick by.

Police Officer: We're working hard to locate her...hopefully it won't take too long!

Police Officer: We just need to dive deeper into investigation...

At the abandoned house, Matilda woke up to find herself tied up with ropes on a chair and locked inside the dark basement. There was no hint of light from any corner and she realized she wasn't at home. She felt trapped.

Matilda: On the inside. Where am I? This isn't my house!

Matilda: On the inside. Why is everything pitch black around me?

She tried to move, but she was unable to budge.

Matilda: On the inside. It's so dark...I'm so scared!

Matilda: HELP!!! SOMEBODY!!!

Matilda: PATRICK!!! SAVE ME, PLEASE!!!

Devon was outside the basement hearing her screams.

Devon: He thought to himself. No one will hear or save you, stupid girl!

20 hours later, the police finally found the house where Matilda was held captive. Patrick and Kyle rushed inside the house and found Devon standing in front of the door. Patrick kicked his private areas and smacked his head very hard. He wasn't going to let Matilda's kidnapper get away with this.

Patrick: He grabbed Devon by the neck. Where is she?! Answer me, now!

Patrick: Or else I'll crack your shitty head upon!

Devon: Answered weakly. Inside the basement...

They got the basement door unlocked and freed Matilda. Patrick gave the scared Matilda a hug and assured her he's here and won't ever leave her again.

Patrick: He hugged Matilda. Please don't cry...I'm here. I'm never leaving you alone again.

However, Matilda was still so scared and sobbed a lot in Patrick's arms.

The police handcuffed Devon on the spot and put him in the backseat of their car. But their job wasn't finished yet. They found evidence of Amanda being involved in the conspiracy and went to confront her at her house. The police knocked on her door and Amanda's mom answered.

Police Officer: Mrs. Buckner, we would like to interrogate your daughter about yesterday's case...

Mrs. Buckner: Yesterday's case? What could she possibly have done? She said she was at cheerleading practice!

Police Officer: No she wasn't...I'm afraid.

Amanda and Devon both went to jail behind bars. Patrick and Kyle were there to confront them for their crimes, but Amanda tried to act like she was innocent.

Amanda: I didn't do anything. I swear...Devon forced me!

Patrick: Don't ever come near me nor Matilda again, you psycho!

Kyle: You deserve it for calling my mom a moron!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 4.6K 109
Trope: Popular girl x tutor boy "I want you to tell me one thing." Her wobbly voice said. "Anything," I say quietly. "What does it mean?" "What?" "M...
2.6M 75.2K 48
Meet Lana. A professional third wheel at her finest. You would think being the school's power couple third wheel has its perks. But really, she's...
94.3K 3.3K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
136 3 14
Mia Hart is the epitome of perfection-a junior in high school with a reputation as "The Golden Girl." Known for her intelligence and ambition, Mia ha...