A Mermaid's Legacy- Sebastian...

By ThatEpicGirl_

Story takes places about 6-7 years after Hogwarts Legacy events and all characters are 25 or older. *** In a... More

Visuals
Chapter 1- Prologue
Chapter 2- The Successor
Chapter 3- Past The Horizon *
Chapter 4- Reunions
Chapter 5- Rekindled Spirits
Chapter 6- Shadows Reunited
Chapter 7- Unexpected Encounters
Chapter 8 - A Mysterious Rendezvous *
Chapter 9- Homebound Turmoil
Chapter 10- Legend
Chapter 11- Another Day
Chapter 12- The Spell **
Chapter 13- Catch Me If You Can
Chapter 14- Exposed
Chapter 15- Distraction *
Chapter 16- My Sweet
Chapter 17- Machinations
Chapter 18- The Piano **
Chapter 19- Three Broomsticks
Chapter 20- Exposure
Chapter 21- Veritaserum
Chapter 22- Revelation
Chapter 23- The Ministry
Chapter 24 Discussions **
Chapter 25- Ocean's Calling
Chapter 26- Possession **
Chapter 27- Dark Tides
Chapter 28- There's No Place Like Home
Chapter 29- An Ocean's Welcome
Chapter 30- Tide's Turn
Chapter 31- Practice Makes Perfect
Chapter 32- Haunted Practice
Chapter 33- Yule Ball
Chapter 34- Lingering Eyes
Chapter 35- Enchanted Heartache
Chapter 36- Making Waves
Chapter 37- Another Wave
Chapter 38- The Oracle
Chapter 39- Home Away From Home
Chapter 41- Restricted Section
Chapter 42- Desires **
Chapter 43- Masquerade
Chapter 44- The Mansion
Chapter 45- Charade
Chapter 46- Home Again
Chapter 47- Welcome To Leviathan Domain
Chapter 48- It Begins
Chapter 49- War
Chapter 50- Battle
Chapter 51- Divinity
Chapter 52- Waning Hope
Chapter 53- Vita Mortem
Chapter 54- Coronation
Chapter 55- Aftermath
Chapter 56- Dueling Practice
Chapter 57- Regeneration
Chapter 58- In Progress
Chapter 59- Slythering Tongue **
Chapter 60- Affliction
Chapter 61- Subconscious
Chapter 62- Notion
Chapter 63- Decisions
Chapter 64- Union **
Chapter 65- Heaven's Light
Chapter 66- Epilogue

Chapter 40- The Gift

30 0 0
By ThatEpicGirl_

New Home (Slowed) by Austin Farwell

In an attempt to outpace the morning sun, I embarked on an early stroll around the lake. The events of the previous night only added fuel to the relentless blaze of confusion within me. The situation involving the Orb, the Gaunt family's sinister intentions, my unpredictable magic – it all overwhelmed me. Even my thoughts on romantic involvement were in a state of turmoil. I longed to erase my existence or alleviate the pain I felt. Briefly, the idea crossed my mind that perhaps I could attempt...

But that type of thinking only lead to destruction.... as I've learned from the past.

With that last thought, I hurled a small rock across the lake's surface in frustration before settling down on its shore. A serene silence enveloped the surroundings, the faint sounds of magical creatures and the gentle lake waves barely audible. The sky gradually transformed as the sun slowly ascended, painting the horizon with its shifting hues.

Engrossed in contemplation, I absentmindedly traced circles in the sand until the sound of approaching footsteps snapped me out of my reverie. A fleeting thought of apparating to the Owlery crossed my mind, though such a move would likely be rather impolite, wouldn't it?

Ominis settled down beside me, his presence speaking volumes without the need for words. Without hesitation, he enveloped me in his arm, and I found solace as I rested my head against him. He had an innate ability to discern whether I was ready for a conversation, or even reachable at all. In this moment, my mind was a whirlwind of responsibilities, each vying for attention, and the weight of it all manifested in tears trickling down my cheeks.

Ominis quietly brushed the tears from my cheeks, his silence a comforting presence. He held me tightly as I let the tears flow freely. In that moment, I yearned for a different path, one where the weight of duty and the constant feeling of inadequacy didn't press down on me so heavily. The responsibility I carried for the lives and domains under my protection felt overwhelming, so many lives dependent on my actions. It was a whirlwind of chaos within me, my human emotions only serving to amplify the turmoil.

Ominis remained by my side, his embrace and the gentle rub of his hand on my back offering a sense of solace. This vulnerability was new between us, a depth of openness I hadn't shared before. His presence felt like a soothing balm, easing the rawness of my emotional wounds.

"I just wish I could vanish," I murmured softly. "So much is hanging on me. People are facing danger because of my actions..."

"The Gaunts are the ones who've truly endangered lives, the ones who've committed murder and plundered from your people... You're shouldering the burden of rectifying their wrongs for your Realm and your people, just as a true leader would," he responded firmly.

"Yes but this very Gaunt has been my savior in countless ways, countless times," I said, my gaze lifting to meet his.

He pressed a tender kiss to my forehead. "You deserve far more than this. All my family has done is wreak havoc with their beliefs and actions against both the wizarding and aquatic world."

I clung to him more tightly, pondering how a soul so gentle could emerge from a family like his. It amazed me that he retained his kindness despite the trials his family had subjected him to, all the wounds and scars they had inflicted.

"Run away with me?" I ventured, my tone half-joking, while giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Dearest, there's nothing I'd desire more than to be with you... if only the fate of our entire world wasn't resting on your shoulders," he replied with a hint of wistfulness.

He pulled down the sleeve of my sweater for a lingering kiss on my shoulder.

"Are you prepared for this?" I inquired.

"I haven't been in the presence of my father in years. Just the occasional letters," he replied.

"I appreciate everything you're doing... especially considering what you've shared with me about your feelings toward him," I said, acknowledging his efforts.

I sensed a slight tension in him, and his expression subtly shifted into one of frustration.

"I'm sorry you're forced to deal with him," I added.

"At some point, we all must confront our demons," he reflected.

He shifted slightly, retrieving a small box and extending it to me. As he opened it, a delicate white gold seashell necklace emerged. Positioned atop the shell, at the junction with the chain, were what appeared to be a petite emerald and pearl. The locket was adorned with tiny diamonds that traced its outline, causing it to shimmer brilliantly beneath the morning sun. It was truly a stunning piece of jewelry.

"Ominis..." I whispered, my surprise evident on my face.

"I know your birthday isn't for a few months, but I thought now was as good a time as any," he explained.

"When did you even find the time?" I wondered aloud.

"I had it crafted a while back, intending to give it to you during the school year... but plans have changed," he replied with a hesitant chuckle.

"Why this design, if I may ask?" I inquired with genuine interest.

A small smile played on his lips, and his eyes softened. "Even before your confesssion , you had shown your affinity for the ocean, the seashell was always going to be part of it. As for the emerald and pearl..." His cheeks took on a subtle pink hue as he hesitated. "...they're meant to represent you and me. A way for you to carry a piece of me, even if our connection spans only through letters and distance."

Young and Beautiful- Piano Arrangement by Meltwave

He drew nearer, gently opening the locket, and a hauntingly beautiful melody began to fill the air.

"The night of the Yule Ball, our first dance, was when I began to realize my feelings for you were evolving beyond friendship," he admitted, the locket emitting a soft, luminous glow as the melody played.

"I enchanted the necklace to play the song from our first dance..."

I recalled that enchanting night of the Yule Ball, where our first dance had become a turning point. With every twirl, every touch, I had felt a rush of happiness and a budding affection for him. His smiles, his jokes, his every word intoxicated me. If I were the sun, surely he would be the moon, guiding the tides of my heart with his luminous, enchanting presence.

Images of our dance practices and the enchanting Yule Ball flickered through my mind. I had felt that affectionate stir as well, but the presence of Sebastian had complicated everything. The last thing I wanted was to hurt anyone, so I had distanced myself as gracefully and respectfully as possible.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"I absolutely love it, Omi, thank you!" I exclaimed, my excitement prompting an impromptu hug that caused us to end up on the ground.

"I'm relieved. I was a bit unsure on the design. I wish I could see it on you myself, especially since you're so fond of it."

"Me too. It truly is beautiful." Ominis assisted me in fastening the necklace, sneaking a soft kiss against my earlobe.

"You sure we can't just run away together?" I mused.

"Unfortunately, my dear, the world needs your saving touch once again. And I'm quite certain Sebastian would track us down," he replied, and we shared a lighthearted laugh before heading back to the castle.

All I craved was some well-deserved rest, something that had eluded me for the past week. Opting for Ominis's room instead of my own, he casted a cloaking spell to ensure my privacy, in case anyone came looking for me.. Before I drifted into slumber, he pressed a sweet kiss to my forehead, offering the comfort of an uninterrupted sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 379 23
Years after the tragic events during the fifth year at Hogwarts. Y/n is struggling to come to terms with her unreliable feelings, as well as forgivin...
413K 11.3K 65
''You seriously need to stop calling me your friend,'' Sebastian tells me in a low voice. ''Then what should I call you?'' I ask curiously. My stomac...
439 52 28
Sebastian Sallow x Reader Story (Fm) Y/n is a 12 year old witch from a half-blood family as she finally begins her first year at Hogwarts. She navig...
57.5K 1.1K 84
It's been a year since I finally defeated Ranrok. I thought I would have everything I ever wanted after the fight was over. But the problem was inste...