Wannabe // NCT College AU

By Svnwoo

"You're a wannabe me." Nct college AU! Warning: college life, kinda nsfw at times, alcohol, weed, etc :) More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
25.5
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
66.5
67
68
69
70
72
73
74
75

71

234 8 4
By Svnwoo

Yu <33
Hey pretty girl
You
Me
Date
Get ready
I'll be there in an hour

Jae <33
🤤
Yes sir 🫡
But what's the occasion??

Yu <33
Tell you later
Dress pretty
Well you always dress pretty but
You know what I mean

Jae <33
So like formal??

Yu <33
Semi formal
In fact
Wear a dress
I love seeing you in dresses

Jae <33
Oh ok 🤤
Got it
Hehe I'm excited
See you

Yu <33
See you 😘

Hyunjae excitedly went to get ready for her date. She wasn't sure what prompted Yuta to ask her on a date but she definitely wasn't complaining. The last time they had an actual date outside was probably when he came back from soccer training. For her choosing an outfit was always hard, it never got easier. It also didn't help that she had a ton of clothes to choose from. She tried on outfit after outfit and inevitably asked for help.

Jae <33
I need help
I'm overthinking

Yu <33
Baby you look good in everything
Don't think too much into it

Jae <33
I feel like youre biased cause I'm your gf

Yu <33
Slightly true
But you really do look good in everything
most people agree

Jae <33
So blue dress?
Or black dress?

Yu <33
Wait which black dress
You have a few lol

Jae <33
The one with the super thin spaghetti straps
Kinda short???
But I'm gonna put a knitted cardigan over it
More formal lolololol

Yu <33
YES WEAR THAT ONE 🤤
You read my mind
It's my favorite one on you

Jae <33
Got it ok
Thanks 🥹

That was a weight off her shoulders. Of course she had to accessorize and pick out her shoes, she ended up choosing some black knee high boots. Nothing surprising there. She felt various butterflies as she finished getting ready. All that was going through her head was what could Yuta be up to this time.

He arrived exactly an hour from when he sent the first text. It surprised her that he was so punctual today. She opened the door excitedly as Yuta immediately engulfed her in a hug. He was acting like it had been months let alone days since they've seen each other.

"Ah you look stunning!" He exclaimed swinging her gently, "well actually you look stunning everyday but you know what I mean."

She laughed already knowing what he meant, but it was still cute of him to clarify.

"Thanks love. You look extra dashing today too, no tank top? Special occasion?" She teased.

There was something about not seeing Yuta in a tank top that made him look extra hot. If she was being honest Yuta being more covered up made him look way hotter in her opinion. Like in the olden days where seeing a lady's ankle was scandalous, yeah that's how she felt with Yuta. It's probably cause she's so used to seeing him in tank tops, shorts, or even shirtless so often that she felt that way.

He looked really cute in his high fashion varsity style jacket with a plain t shirt, white jeans, and white shoes. A daring combination in her opinion.

"Yup taking my lovely girlfriend out on a special date," He smiled pecking her lips, "Ready to go?"

She nodded excitedly as they headed out. He had already called a taxi, there was no way he was gonna let her take the subway on such an important date.

"Ok i feel like today is a special day," she said as they entered, "Am I forgetting an important milestone or something? It's not your birthday, it's not my birthday, not our anniversary..." she pouted trying to think about what today could be.

"It's not an important date babe," he chuckled patting her cheek as the taxi drove off, "I just wanted to take you on a date that's a little out of the ordinary for us. Promise."

"Okay, sorry it's just I'm not used to it I guess," she admitted with a sorry smile.

She hoped she wasn't killing the vibe.

"It's okay," he reassured her, "Now tell me all about the collection that's gonna drop tonight."

He saw the way her eyes lit up as he asked. There it was, the spark he loved to see so much. She rambled on and on about all the details in every single piece of clothing that was gonna be released. Truthfully, Yuta barely understood a fraction of what she was saying but he knew enough of the basics to picture some of the clothings in his head. He just really liked listening to her talk about fashion.

"And then maybe when I make it big you could open up my fashion show," she gleamed grabbing his hands gently, "Wouldn't that be sick? Oh I'd kill to style you in my own creations."

"I'd love that," he nodded imagining it already.

He'd never thought about being on a runway let alone modeling on a runway. He wondered if he'd end up liking it.

"Cool you can't back out," she grinned playfully, "Now you tell me about soccer. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept."

That was a lie. She did tons of research on soccer (mostly because she wanted to woo him) but she wanted to hear him explain it to her. Now it was his turn to ramble on about his favorite teams and even previous games and practices from when he was younger. He admitted to her that he would even ditch practice at times because he just got overwhelmed, he'd end up going to his grandma's house but unfortunately he ended up getting caught.

"Honestly that would have made me give up," Hyunjae admitted to him, "How'd you even keep going?"

He shrugged, "No clue. I just kinda did."

"You're so cool," she gleamed but she quickly narrowed her eyes as she remembered something, "you know you still haven't taught me Japanese. Aeri taught me more than you."

He groaned, "In my defense, Aeri had plenty of time with you."

"Eh wrong," she said making a buzzer noise, "If we really think about it you've both spent an equal amount of time with me."

"Okay fine. Tomorrow I promise but don't get mad when I start treating this like an actual class."

"That's all I want," she replied honestly as the taxi came to a halt.

"We're here," Yuta said looking out the window at a tall building.

"Is the restaurant in the building?" She asked as he helped her out the taxi.

He nodded, "Yeah it's on the fifth floor."

They entered the building as many others entered as well. This building was big so there was plenty of stores, restaurants, and attractions to see. The first floor itself was part of some art instillation. It looked pretty but they were on a mission, so they headed straight for the elevator as Yuta pressed the number five.

"Nuo's?" Hyunjae questioned as she had never heard the restaurant name.

Yuta nodded, "It's not very well known yet. I'll explain after we get in there," he reassured her.

She nodded not doubting him for a second, she just thought it was an interesting name. She wondered how he found it.

The doors opened revealing a really pretty sign with super tall wooden doors that were closed. Uh oh was the place closed? This wasn't looking good. She turned to Yuta but he looked relatively cool, calm, and collected. He simply knocked on the door and waited.

"You sure it's not closed yu?" She asked linking her arm with his, "We can always go somewhere else."

He was about to respond when the doors opened taking Hyunjae by surprise.

"Hello Mr. Nakamoto. Right on time, your table is ready."

Okay this was starting to seem way fancier than just any regular date. Why was she Lowkey freaking out?

"Thank you, come on babe."

He gently pulled Hyunjae along as her eyes widened even more as she entered the restaurant. There was only one table set with plates and chairs, nobody else was in there besides the waitress and the chef. She had to do a few double takes. Yuta pulled out the chair for her as she slowly sat down still confused. He did the sane trying to read her facial expression.

"Yu, I love you but what the fuck is going on," she asked him wide-eyed, "This seems way too extravagant oh my god I hope you didn't drop an absurd amount of money for a this."

This was an extravagant date already. She couldn't imagine how much it cost him to rent out a whole fucking restaurant for them. Oh god she felt really bad.

"Babe chill. I didn't spend an absurd amount. Of money I promise, but even if I did you're worth it," he reassured her with a smile.

"But then how..." she paused as he laughed lightly.

"Do you really want me to spoil the magic for you?"

Well it would put her at ease, but she decided to just wait until after. He worked hard on the date so she wanted to at least go in blind.

"I'll wait till after I guess," she pouted, "only cause you look so smug and proud."

"Yay I promise you won't regret it!" He reassured her with a wink.

The waitress approached them explaining that this was a preset meal that Yuta specifically picked out from their menu. Hyunjae was completely fine with that because Yuta knew her well (sometimes more than she even knew herself). She poured them some drinks before heading to the kitchen for the first course.

"So are you wooed? Did I impress you?" He asked with a bright smile leaning over slightly.

"You always woo me but this is definitely the most extravagant date I've ever been on," she admitted to him.

"Yeah I don't know how I'll ever top this," he laughed lightly.

"Ditto," she agreed, "You gotta tell me what prompted this date. I don't think it was as spontaneous as you claimed."

He blushed lightly trying to not turn red, "Ok so I've been planning this for a while but it really was because I just wanted to take you out. There's no other reasoning behind it. I wanted to take you on a date like no other."

"Yuta you're so cute," she pouted as she reached over the table to hold his hand, "I hope you didn't feel pressured to take me on a date like this. You know I love every date."

He nodded, "i know babe, but it's nice to change it up once in a while. You'd do the same for me."

"Good point," She chuckled playing with the rings on his fingers, "You're so cute."

"Ok here are your drinks. Chef kun is almost done with the appetizers," the waitress smiled heading back to the kitchen.

"I'm excited to eat," she gleamed looking around the place.

There were lots of other tables similarly decorated with white cloths and orange accents. The only difference was that their table had a candle in the center along with the plates and cups. It was simple but elegant, she thought it was really pretty.

"I picked stuff I think you'd like so hopefully it's all to your liking," he said slightly nervous.

"I'll like it regardless," she reassured him snapping a quick picture of him, "You look extra handsome. Did I mention that already?"

He nodded blushing slightly, "You said dashing earlier but I'll take handsome too."

She nodded. She loved Yuta's confidence, it was one of the many things that attracted her to him. At times she wished she could have a smidge of his confidence to boost her own.

The waitress smiled returning to the table with two plates of soup. It looked good and smelled even better. Hyunjae always enjoyed a nice warm soup.

"Chef Kun's specialty gourmet chicken noodle soup. Definitely not the average soup. Please enjoy."

"Oh my god this smells heavenly," she gleamed already reaching for her soup.

Yuta found himself smitten by the way she immediately dug into the soup. He loved seeing her satisfied by the little things.

"Is it good?" He asked with a teasing smile as he reached for his spoon.

She nodded covering her mouth with her hand, "Oh this is definitely not an average chicken noodle soup."

"You're so cute," he laughed lightly, "But eat up. There's seconds if you want. No holding back Kay?"

She nodded happily enjoying everyone spoonful of the soup. The next course was an expected one. Takoyaki of course. They both enjoyed it a lot, Yuta even took it upon himself to feed his lovely girlfriend. While waiting for the next course they rambled on and on about anything and everything.

Hyunjae talked about how he could definitely pull of green hair if he ever wanted to do so. Yuta wasn't so sure but he admitted he'd thought about it. She nodded listening to his own perspective and it baffled her how differently he saw himself. From her perspective of course he was almost perfect in every way, but from his own he knew there were things he still wanted to improve, like his body. He definitely wanted to change his build hence why he's been working out more. He also wanted to try and experiment more with his fashion sense but he was scared since Hyunjae was a designer.

"Why would you be scared?" She pouted hearing his words, "I'm never gonna judge you especially not on your clothing. I love experimenting."

"I know but I still have that slight fear in the back of my mind that if I look like shit I'll make you look bad too."

"You of all people know I don't care what anyone thinks of me. Plus you could never look like shit. It's quite literally impossible," she reassured him with a grin, "If anything let me help you. Let's experiment together."

Yuta felt butterflies in his stomach, "I'd like that. Are you willing to put up with me?"

"The question is are you ready to put up with me," She laughed lightly.

She paused as she began thinking about what she just asked him. Yuta immediately caught the shift in her.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked honestly.

He nodded, "of course pretty girl. You don't even have to ask."

She looked down at her empty plate, "Do you really think we'll be together forever?"

"Where'd that come from?" He asked wide eyed.

She shrugged, "I don't know it just came to me right now as I was thinking about you putting up with me."

"Do I think we'll be together forever? I really hope so. I love you and I genuinely see myself being with you forever. Do you want to be together forever?"

She smiled lightly, "Of course but not to be pessimistic forever is a lonnnnnng time."

"Well no matter how long forever is I wanna be with you. Through thick and thin through all the highs and lows I want you," he reassured her, "Don't ever think otherwise Hyunjae. I love you."

Yuta made it so easy for all her doubts and worries to just disappear. She never understood why she worried so much but she liked to blame her past for always thinking negatively. A trait she was still slowly working to get rid of. But with Yuta her outlooks on life were starting to change, she only wished she could do the same for him.

"So do you think we'll be together forever?" He asked her once again but this time with a reassuring smile.

"I would love for us to be together forever," she nodded, "And I hope for ever is a long timeeeeee."

The waitress smiled as she brought out the next course. Hyunjae's eyes widened as she realized what was set in front of her.

"For your final course a nice warm bowl of kimchi stew straight from Busan. Enjoy."

She looked away from the waitress across to Yuta who had a cheeky smile on his face.

"Wait... did you..."

She was speechless. Yuta planned all this just to get her her beloved kimchi stew from Busan.

Her eyes began to well up at the thought of him putting on this extravagant little show just to get her a food that she often craved and loved.

"Babe," he pouted with a small laugh, "Don't cry."

"You did all this for me?" She asked fanning her eyes so she wouldn't cry.

He found it so endearing that she was so overwhelmed with emotion because of the food rather than the location or the private date. It showed she really was humble and didn't value the more extravagant and superficial stuff over her roots. Nice to know that she was more similar to him than he expected.

"Of course. It's been a rough journey for you and I just wanted to give you a date where you didn't have to worry about anything and just enjoy your favorite comfort foods."

"Can I hug you?"

"Babe," he laughed standing up, "you never have to ask and you know that."

She immediately crashed into his arms as he held her tightly. He rubbed her back gently placing a kiss on her head.

"I love you," she said it just shy of a whisper.

This one felt different to him. It was much more vulnerable than any other I love you she's ever said before.

"I love you too. Now let's eat. I want you to enjoy the food in the best way possible," he said as she slowly let go of him.

They both sat down and began to enjoy the meal.

"How'd you even find the place?" She questioned taking in a spoonful of the broth.

So comforting and warm and now even more comforting and warm because she was sharing the moment with Yuta.

"I actually had to ask your dad. That day that he invited me out I took the opportunity to ask. Sadly he didn't remember so he passed me hyunjin's number so I asked him and gave him all the info about the date. He said he wouldn't mind going to Busan the day before to bring it here today and well it's here!"

Hyunjin was in on this? She'd have to text him later about it.

She laughed at his cute gesture, "How long have you been planning this date?"

"A month? There was a lot of last minute details though," He admitted taking a big spoonful of the stew, "Like the food. But I think I remembered your favorites or at least some of them."

"I've literally only mentioned chicken noodle soup once. How'd you remember?" She questioned.

"Cause it was the first time you got sick after we started dating," he laughed lightly recalling the memory.

It was just shortly after the pair officially began dating. Hyunjae had done her best to attend a good amount of Yuta's games with Kunhang, but today she wasn't here and neither was Kunhang. That in its own was odd. It worried him so after his game he grabbed his phone to text Hyunjae.

Utah
Hey
You okay?
I missed you today :(

Jae z
Oh hey
I didn't think you'd notice
Didn't mean to worry you
I'm fine just a bit under the weather
I know we had a painting date scheduled but I'm beat :(
I'm sorry

Utah
Hey that's okay!
Don't feel sorry
Anything I can do to help?

Jae z
Honestly I'd kill for a hearty chicken noodle soup
It's my favoriteeeee
I used to eat it a lot even when I wasn't sick
I'd have to beg my dad to make it lololol

Utah
You got it
I'm on my way
Or are your roommates home?

Jae z
Nah they're gone for the weekend
Out clubbing in Gangnam lol
I told them to go on without me

That day Yuta sat next to Hyunjae as they both enjoyed a nice warm bowl of chicken noodle soup together. That date stuck with yuta since then because it was so casual and simple he loved it. Plus it was technically the first time Hyunjae had snuggled up to him.

"You remembered that?" She was beyond surprised with him today.

"I remember a lot of things about you. Probably more than you expect," He smiled proud of himself.

"I'll keep that in mind," She blushed continuing to eat.

Hyunjae was feeling a lot of emotions and feelings at once. How on earth did she get so lucky? She finished her food before him because he kept pausing to talk to her about how he came up with this whole thing.

"So I was asking my friends for a date idea. Cause I didn't know what I wanted to do. So Wendy is like my coworker is gonna open his own restaurant soon why not ask him to let you borrow it before it opens. She put in a good word for me and yeah, he made everything except the kimchi stew. The restaurant actually opens tomorrow hence why everything is set up."

Hyunjae was hanging on to every word he said. The tiny gleam in his eyes and the excitement in his voice was so cute. She was so in love, way more in love than she even realized.

He rambled on till he realized she had stopped talking. Her head was propped up on the palm of her hands and she wore the biggest lovesick grin he had ever seen

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He chuckled teasing her.

"Like what?" She asked not moving a muscle.

"Like that I don't know how to describe it. You look completely smitten," He explained as she chuckled lightly.

"Cause I am. This is all so cute, how'd I get so lucky?" She gleamed reaching over to pat his cheek gently.

"I like to think I'm the lucky one," He gleamed leaning into her touch, "Got room for dessert?"

"Depends on what it is," she teased pulling her hand back.

"I know you'll like it," he reassured her, "Trust me."

For dessert it was a simple cherry cheesecake. One of Hyunjae's favorite desserts was cheesecake and one of her favorite fruits was cherry so it was a win win.

Yuta insisted on feeding her which made her turn bright red. At one point he made airplane noises making her crack up and almost drop her water.

"You're so cute," she laughed covering her mouth.

"I knowwww," he replied making her playfully roll her eyes.

They finished up their dessert with lots of laughs and of course flirtatious comments, mostly from Yuta. The night wasn't over just yet though. He made sure to tip the workers and he thanked kun for letting him use his restaurant before they left.

Nayutas

Liked by yutoda loselose and others
Nayutas 🖤 my soulmate or whatever
View all comments
Loserxluvr my lover or whatever 🙄🖤
Loselose the passive aggressiveness 😭 I cant stand you guys
Heychan is this what they call young love
Aeriuchinaga she's so cute ☹️❤️
Todayiswendy when will it be MY turn 😫

Loserxluvr

Liked by onyourmark Huangkh and others
Loserxluvr the most handsome boy on the planet (totally not Yuta posting this)
View all comments
Huangkh 💀 he totally posted it didn't he
Nayutas nope
Loserxluvr he did. Literally took my phone and posted it 😭 but it's cute I guess even though I was gonna post him anyway
Nayutas YOU LOVE ME
Loserxluvr never said I didn't 🙄
Aeriuchinaga post me next time 🙄
Nayutas no 🙄 I won't let her
Loselose post me Yuta
Nayutas ok!
Aeriuchinaga this is sexist ‼️‼️

"Having fun?" Yuta laughed as he gave her a piggyback ride back to her apartment.

"Definitely," She nodded laying her head on his shoulder, "Thanks for the date. It was honestly really cute, it made me feel famous."

"Better get used to it," He teased, "But you're so welcome. I was really second guessing everything."

"Why?" She pouted as they entered the building.

"No reason. I just usually second guess myself."

"Well don't," She reassured him, "I love you and everything you do, got it?"

"Everything?" He asked raising a brow.

"You know what I mean!" She exclaimed as they entered the elevator.

He laughed at her outburst. It was very cute of her. The elevator dinged signaling they were on her floor. Yuta silently prayed that Aeri pulled through with what he asked. It wasn't anything big like earlier but it was still pretty special to him.

He set her down gently as he opened the door for her.

"Hey what's this?" She asked as she entered her apartment.

There were string lights hanging up from the ceiling along with some paper stars and on the floor of the living room was a really cute blanket. The final touch was two small easels with blank canvases on the coffee table.

"Painting date under the fake stars," He smiled shutting the door, "I think we're overdue for a painting date."

"Awww," she gleamed looking at the decorations and paints all set up, "How'd you do this?"

"I had help from Aeri," he laughed lightly, "As soon as I told her I wanted to surprise you she was like 'oh my god of course I'll help. I helped with your last surprise might as well help with this one' it was funny."

"I should have known she was behind this," She nodded heading over to the table, "Wait can I change. I don't wanna get this dress dirty."

"Yeah I was actually gonna suggest that," He nodded as she headed to her room.

Hyunjae came back out dressed in some comfortable clothing. Yuta decided to change as well just so he could be comfortable too.

"Give me an idea," Yuta smiled sitting down across from her grabbing a paint brush.

He could barely see her due to the canvases blocking his view.

"Damn. Umm that's hard. How bout your dog?" She questioned.

"I don't think I'll do rapunzel Justice," he laughed lightly.

"Good point," She agreed, "Paint a minion."

"That I can do.... I think."

She raised a brow but let him be. He'd figure it out in the end. Now she was trying to think of an idea herself.  Maybe some flowers with a bee or a butterfly. That'd be cute. Or she could do something space related, the makeshift stars on the ceiling were inspiring her a bit. Wait, something spooky could be cute!

"So you excited for the drop?" He asked as he mixed a few colors.

"More like terrified. This is very different from the first one," She pouted, "But I really like it. I hope it does well."

"It will," he reassured her with a smile.

She gleamed at him as she loved his smile. As usual it made her heart do flips.

"Thanks, I'm glad to have my number one supporter," She winked as she dipped her paint brush in water.

He laughed starting his painting. They both were silent for the first few minutes concentrating on their work.

"I never asked you. How has your class been?" She asked curiously.

"It's alright," he shrugged, "I don't know anyone in that class though."

"You try making friends yet?" She chuckled making her first few strokes on the canvas.

He nodded as he painted carefully, "yeah kinda but I don't think they'll be long time friends."

"Aw why not?" She pouted at him.

"Just a feeling," he chuckled, "Don't worry though I got all the friends I need."

"Cuuuuute," she laughed lightly, "you're so cute when you concentrate."

He blushed looking away from her to his canvas, "Thanks pretty girl. You're cuter though."

She blushed accepting the compliment, "You always one up me huh."

"Yup. Oh! How are things with dr. Moon?"

She groaned lightly just thinking about it, "While I do enjoy talking to dr. Moon since he's a pretty cool therapist I hate trauma dumping on him."

"Baby, that's kind of what he's paid to do," He reassured her with a nod.

"No I know but it just still feels weird. Like I told him about the restraining order against my mom in case she gets out of prison and he tried to talk me through my emotions and stuff and I just felt bad."

"Again. It's his job you know. Plus I'm sure he loves to hear you rant because he's trying to help you overcome that. Just try looking at it that way."

Huh, that was a perspective she never really thought about. It made sense that dr. Moon chose this profession because he wants to help people. Leave it to Yuta to make her feel slightly better about the situation.

"Good point," she nodded looking at her painting, "Erm I don't know if I like how this is looking."

Her original plan had gone out the window as now she was painting an empty street with a single street lamp. Under the street lamp was a cute little sheet ghost. It was definitely one of her more creative ideas.

"Lemme see," He replied excitedly.

She carefully turned the canvas around to show him.

"It looks dull. I think I made the background too dark."

"It's so cute!" He gleamed, "Oh I love the little ghost."

Her cheeks immediately began to heat up. He was always supportive of her work and her art, he never failed to mention how much he liked everything she did. Despite that she still got flustered every time he complimented her paintings or drawings.

"If you have room for it you can have it," she reassured him.

"I'm so making room for it. Even if I have to hang it up in the bathroom," he gleamed as she turned the canvas back to touch up a few things.

"Are you done? I want a sneak peek."

"I've actually been done but I wanted to scope out the competition first," he teased making her roll her eyes playfully.

Yuta turned his canvas around surprising Hyunjae. This whole time she thought he was actually gonna paint a minion but he didn't. He drew another character but this one was cuter, in her opinion.

"Calcifer," she chuckled seeing the fire demon from Howl's moving castle, "I think we're gonna have to trade paintings cause I want yours."

"I thought you might like it," he nodded proud of himself as he turned it around.

Yuta had studied calcifer for days before this date because this just wasn't a simple painting. No of course not, this was only the beginning of his gesture.

"What happened to your minion?" She teased him lightly.

"Oh I had this idea from the beginning because it kinda ties in with something."

She quirked her brow confused. What did this boy have up his sleeve now.

"Do tell."

"Don't hate me-"

"I could never hate you," she interrupted bringing a smile his face.

"-but I got you something. Or rather I got us something."

He reached into his pocket with a wide smile making Hyunjae slightly nervous but still excited.

"It took me foreverrrrr to explain the idea to hyoyeon and to get your ring size without you getting suspicious," he explained as he gently put two rings on the table between them.

Pause.

"Ta-da I got us custom made rings, but I'm sure if you look at them closely you can tell how they connect to my painting," He explained.

She peered over at the rings. They were really simple and pretty. They had a few little cross designs but what stood out was the gem in the center. One ring had a red gem and the other a blue one.

"Are these supposed to be replicas of the rings from the movie?" She asked eyes wide as she looked over at him in disbelief.

He nodded excitedly, "Yeah! They're the rings howl and Sophie wear. I couldn't find any that I really liked online without them looking kinda cartoony so I begged hyoyeon to do me a solid. What do you think?"

Her eyes were still wide as she froze in shock. This was one of her favorite movies, a movie they watched together often whenever they had stay in dates. They had even joked about dressing up as the couple for Halloween. What did she think? Words couldn't express what she thought.

She stood up, taking Yuta by surprise. Worry began to cloud his mind. She didn't like them? What if she thought they were tacky? The thoughts immediately evaporated as she tackled him a hug almost knocking the wind out of him.

"Yu, I love them!" She pouted trying not to get emotional.

He hugged her back tightly kissing her cheek, "I'm so glad! I was so nervous. I hope I didn't scare you into thinking I was proposing."

"You scared me just a little," she laughed lightly not letting her grip falter, "I love you."

"I love you too. Never forget that Kay?" He said pressing a kiss to her lips.

She nodded still love struck by everything happening around her. Yuta always outdid her expectations. She didn't think it was possible for him to outdo himself every single time but he managed it. She let go of him as she looked at the rings on the table.

"Wait," she grabbed one of the rings handing it or him, "Put it on for me."

"You got it," he nodded letting go of her waist.

He took her hand placing the ring gently on her finger, as expected it fit perfectly, "it'll be a placeholder until I really ask you to marry me."

She blushed, "Dude you're gonna make me fall in love with you again."

"You did not just dude me right after I put this ring in your finger."

"Sorry force of habit. I really did mean it though," she smiled looking at the blue gem on her finger.

It was pretty and even though they have plenty of couple rings and other accessories this one felt a bit more special. Ok it felt a whole lot more special. She grabbed Yuta's ring and cleared her throat.

"Dude will you like marry me or something?"

"Ew!" Yuta teased making her laugh loudly, "That's how you asked me?"

"Yeah. What do you say babygorl?" She asked doing her best impression of a man she could manage.

"Babe you're so annoying!" He laughed shooting some playful banter her way.

"Yeah well you love me so a win is a win," she replied.

"Ugh so true," he agreed holding his hand out for her, "Go ahead I guess you earned the right to marry me or whatever."

"Now you're the annoying one," she teased sliding the ring with the red gem on his finger, "Now we're bound for life muahahah," she said rubbing her hands together like an evil mastermind.

"You're such a silly girl," he laughed ruffling her hair gently. He was enjoying seeing her be so goofy and silly.

Most people don't get to see this side of her so he's glad to be one of the few. If only she'd do it more often he loved laughing along with her.

"Your silly girl though right?" She asked poking his cheek.

He nodded reassuring her, "Of course. You're my silly girl."

She smiled leaning closer to him to kiss him gently. He enjoyed the tenderness of the kiss. He could feel the love as he cupped her cheeks gently. Hyunjae smiled into the kiss as she felt the cold metal of the ring on her cheek. Slowly they both pulled away just looking at one another. He tilted his head slightly with a love struck look.

"Don't look at me like that," She blushed hiding her face, "I know the intention behind that look."

"I know you do. It's cute when you get flustered."

Hwanghyunjae

Liked by Aeriuchinaga, Huangkh, johnnyjsuh and others
Hwanghyunjae my boyfriend's a pretty good painter 🥹
View all comments
Aeriuchinaga so cute wtf
Huangkh hang it up on your wall
Hwanghyunjae already making him hang it up
Hwangsisters awww calcifer 😭😭
Yejisult that's so cuteeee you really got yourself a keeper
User127 ugh I love cute couple shit
Unknown39 boyfriend reveal when?? Never cause he's probably ashamed to be dating you
Unknown033 she's probably lying about having a bf
Unknown92 lmao so true

Nayutas

Liked by Huangkh Todayiswendy and others
Nayutas painting went well with my pretty girl 🖤
View all comments
Huangkh SIMPPPPPPP
Loselose SIMPPPPPPP
Jungjaehyun SIMPPPPPP
Nayutas 🙄 I hate y'all
Loserxluvr 🥹
Todayiswendy I want what they have

Loserxluvr

Liked by huangkh todayiswendy and others
Loserxluvr 🥹
View all comments
Huangkh CUTE RINGS
Todayiswendy I'm gonna tell my future kids that you're the real life Sophie and howl
Heychan ok so when's the wedding
Huangkh I didn't even notice they were on the ring finger... ARE YOU ENGAGED
Aeriuchinaga I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME
Onyourmark oiiiiiii

Yuta and the yutettes

Sakura
GOOD DAY FRIENDS
WHY ARE PEOPLE AKA WENDY TELLING ME
YUTA AND JAE ARE ENGAGED???
I just got out of practice what is going on

Haechan
Cause they are

Kunhang
At least we think due to Jae's last ig post

Jaehyun
Oh I love love

Sakura
Send me a screenshot

Aeri
[image attachment]

Sakura
WHAT THE FUCK
Omg when's the wedding
I need all the details
Can I sing at your wedding

Haechan
If anyone is singing it's me

Sakura
You just met them
Back of the line !

Haechan
😫

Yuta
You're blowing up my phone
It's sooo early

Jaehyun
It's noon....

Yuta
Ok good point
I'm just not used to sleeping in

Win
So I'm the best man right???

Yuta
Of course you're the best
WAIT HUH??
What do you mean???

Sakura
Waiiiiit you're not engaged

Yuta
What no????
Not yet at least
Where'd this come from

Aeri
Jae's last insta post???
You guys got rings
And they're on the wedding finger

Yuta
OHHHHHH
I just got us some custom made rings
From one of our favorite movies
I didn't propose 😭😭
Tho I did tell her it's a placeholder
Until we actually get married

Xiaojun
That's Lowkey really cute
And I want to sing at your wedding

Haechan
So no wedding?

Yuta
Sorry to disappoint but no
Not yet at least

Win
Booooo
🍅 🍅

Kunhang
Where is jae anyway

Yuta
My girl is knocked out
She stayed up last night watching the launch
It did super good btw

Wendy
Yeah I saw!!
She broke her last record which is really good
Considering this is her second drop

Yuta
I know I'm so proud 😍😍😍

Jaehyun
You gonna celebrate???

Yuta
Idk we kinda did yesterday
We'll probably go out to eat again
Unless you guys have an idea

Aeri
KARAOKE

Win
We do that all the time

Wendy
True but never with all of us
I can already sense the chaos

Yuta
Kk I'll ask her

Haechan
So..... no wedding

yuta
😐

Doyoung
Told you he was annoying

Haechan
😔

Mark
He's not THAT bad

Doyoung
To you!

Hyunjae laughed as she read all the text messages from the group chat. Yuta had finished some work for his class after showering. He had done a lot in the hour that Hyunjae was sleeping.

"I mean I technically did propose," she teased sitting up on the bed.

"I never said really said yes though," he replied spinning on her desk chair.

"Wait that's so true. I'll ask sakura," she shrugged.

"No," Yuta replied immediately, "we are getting married. Just not yet. Nobody else, you and me."

She chuckled at his response, "I wouldn't want it any other way, but you're cute when you get jealous."

"Mhm I bet," he playfully rolled his eyes, "Wanna go to karaoke?"

"Oh that sounds fun! I'd love to. I haven't hung out with everyone in a while," She pouted at the thought.

Too bad sakura wouldn't be there with them she really missed her.

"It's been a while since we all hung out, I think we've only had one outing as a couple with the whole group," he paused thinking about it.

"Oh this is gonna be so fun!" She gleamed jumping out of bed, "BRB!"

She ran towards the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Yuta and the yutettes

Yuta
She's in
She's also very excited

Wendy
Let's go karaokeeeeee

Win
This is a bad idea I can feel it

Hendery
Let's all make Sicheng sing first

Haechan
Yes !

Win
No

Aeri
Where are we going tho
And we should pregame
I want drinks

Mark
I second that !

Jae
Yes!
Let's pregame at my place

Xiaojun
Ohhhh let's do it

Kunhang
Will they even let in that many people
Your security scares me

Jae
Ah... good point

Aeri
My place!
You guys will love it
[Directions attached]
Let's meet up at say 7??

Jaehyun
Should we go to a club after???

Wendy
Now we're talking !

Doyoung
Let's not get ahead of ourselves
Remember when we planned something last time
And we only ended up doing like one out of
Four things

Xiaojun
Good point

Wendy
You weren't even there jun

Xiaojun
He still makes a good point

Wendy
🙄
Fine we'll talk about it at Aeri's

Jae
I'm so excited 🤩

Wendy
Jae I miss you

Sakura
I miss her more tho

Yuta
And I miss her the most

Sakura
Shut up Nakamoto
You see her everyday

Wendy
Yeah !

Doyoung
Yeah !

Aeri
What they said

Yuta
Why is everyone ganging up on me??? 😭😭

Sakura
You started it

Jae
I miss all you guys too!
Can't wait to see yah 🫶🏼

"Want to match?" Yuta asked batting his eyelashes at her.

"Ohhh I'm so down!" She nodded attacking him with a hug.
———————-
"I'm glad we chose something casual," Hyunjae smiled as Yuta swung their hands.

"Ditto," he nodded as they crossed the street.

Hyunjae was slightly nervous to go back to Aeri's place just because it would bring her memories of hard times.

"Do you think we'll actually go to the club after?" She questioned as they dodged people left and right. 

"Knowing them nah. They'll probably get shitfaced before we even get to the Karaoke place, but if they do and you don't want to go that's fine by me. I'd rather we skip it anyway. I get worried that people will see you," He explained

"You're such a softie," she chuckled, "I think people are slowly forgetting me. Little by little."

"I would hope, but you know once they reveal you as the designer for your brand the spotlight is gonna come back," he reminded her.

"Hm true. We'll get to that when it happens," she reassured him with a smile.

Yuta always thought her smile was contagious. It would make him forget his worries and made him feel at ease. He loved that she was able to calm him without even trying.

"Good point," he agreed with a smile.

The pair arrived to Aeri's apartment to their surprise almost everyone was already there.

"Oiiii look at the happy couple," Mark teased as Hyunjae opened the door excitedly.

"Jaeeee!" Aeri yelled bear hugging the girl.

She laughed hugging Aeri back just as tight, she missed her. Both of them have been pretty busy lately so it was nice to finally see her. Yuta shut the door behind him with a sigh.

"It's like I don't exist," he murmured waving to the others.

Currently it looked like they were only waiting for Wendy, Doyoung, and jaehyun.

"You guys are matching that's so cute," Donghyuck gleamed, "Still no wedding?"

Yuta raised a brow at Donghyuck, "no Donghyuck and you asking every time won't make it happen any faster."

"Boo," he replied as Hyunjae laughed.

"The more we hang out with him the more he fits right in," Xiaojun pointed out.

Wendy nodded agreeing with his point. Nobody really remembers how or when Donghyuck officially became part of the group but he fit right in. He was really fond of mark and Wendy right from the beginning.

"So whose idea was it to match?" Kunhang asked curiously as Aeri finally let go of Hyunjae.

Hyunjae sat next to Kunhang at the island where Aeri followed.

"Yours truly," yuta gleamed sitting on the couch next to Mark.

"Should have known," Sicheng replied, "He's quite the romantic you know."

"Now that you mention it I see it," Xiaojun agreed leaning on the bar while Aeri grabbed some snacks from the cupboard.

"Where are those three?" She murmured.

"Doyoung said he was gonna grab some extra drinks before stopping by. You know that man can handle his alcohol," Donghyuck spoke turning on the tv to look for something to watch, "What should we watch?"

"How bout some-"

"We're here!" Wendy shouted opening the door.

The trio walked into the apartment with drinks in hand as well as some more snacks.

"Aw you guys look so cute!" Jaehyun gleamed as he set the drinks down on the bar, "Doyoung's too chicken to even try matching. He's scared it'll ruin his image."

Doyoung shook his head as the others laughed at information just revealed.

"Hey that's not true," he argued, "I just think couple clothing would look tacky on me. But I'm open to the idea."

"You guys are actually like a married couple," Aeri chuckled as she began to look for shot glasses.

"Speaking of marriage let me see the rings!" Wendy squealed as if they were actual wedding rings.

Hyunjae laughed showing her the ring as she got a closer look. She touched the gem on the ring intrigued by the size and color. It was so simple but she knew it meant so much more.

"Wow," Wendy gleamed, "Who knew Nakamoto was a romantic."

"We were just talking about that," Xiaojun mentioned as Yuta laughed lightly.

"Alright peeps come on let's start drinking!" Aeri called as they all gathered around the counter.

"This is gonna be a bad idea," Doyoung sighed already feeling a headache brewing.

Everyone was probably three shots in and there were conversations going left and right. It was easy to get lost in one conversation and join another, that made it fun. Donghyuck kept trying to convince Yuta to make him the singer when it came down to his future wedding. Mark was there trying to back up Donghyuck but it wasn't working as Yuta continued to say no while Doyoung laughed at Yuta's suffering. Finally it wasn't him being attacked by Donghyuck, it felt so peaceful.

Hyunjae and Kunhang were debating with Doyoung and Wendy about the best karaoke songs. The first two were trying to convince them that any Britney Spears song was a golden choice, but the other pair was trying to convince them that any ballad was the best choice. An argument was definitely gonna rise soon.

Aeri, xiaojun, and jaehyun were there to make sure things didn't get out of hand. And Sicheng well, he was just eating the snacks by himself watching the chaos ensue. After eating and drinking to their heart's content it was already later than they expected. Now they were debating if they should still go to karaoke.

"Why don't we just have karaoke here?" Sicheng asked plopping down onto the couch.

"Aeri would probably get kicked out because of how loud we are," Wendy laughed lightly taking another sip of her beer.

"Come on let's go! It's not far," Aeri pleaded with the crew.

"If Aeri says let's go, let's go," Hyunjae said hugging the girl tightly.

She really did have a weak spot for Aeri.

"Let's get this over with," Xiaojun nodded standing up.

"Yay!" The two girls cheered as everyone got up and headed out to the karaoke room.

It was a short walk through the busy streets, the nightlife was in full effect. People going out to bars, restaurants, karaoke, and more. It felt so nice to go out as a group again. Hyunjae missed it so much.

"You look happy," Yuta teased poking her cheek as they entered their designated karaoke room.

"I am! It's so nice to be out and about with everyone," she admitted with a huge smile.

"In other words she missed us," Kunhang explained eavesdropping.

She narrowed her eyes at him as they all sat down on the two huge couches. In honesty she thought they wouldn't fit but surprisingly they did.

After ordering some food and more drinks Donghyuck was the first to go up.

"A solo? That's ballsy," Mark said impressed.

"Trust me the kid loves to sing," Doyoung sighed thinking about the various times he babysat him and Donghyuck would not stop singing. He even put on a performance one time and yes Doyoung HAD to sit through it.

Yuta took a sip of his drink before handing it to Hyunjae, "what are you gonna bless us with Donghyuck?"

The group laughed lightly as they began to dig into the various food and drinks. Hyunjae tried Yuta's drink immediately regretting it. God she hated beer so much. He laughed lightly at her expression as she immediately handed it back to him. So cute.

"This one goes out to all my admirers," he spoke clearing his throat.

Everyone gasped as boyfriend by Justin Bieber started playing.

"No wayyyy," Aeri laughed almost choking on her food.

They cheered loudly for haechan while Doyoung filmed him for future blackmail purposes. Donghyuck on the other hand didn't even care. He was putting his all into it even adding dance moves and fan service for them. It made some of them (read: Doyoung, Yuta, and mark) cringe.

Hyunjae looked over at Yuta as he just shrugged handing her a tambourine. She laughed making as much noise as possible to encourage him.

"He's really good," Aeri said turning to her with a laugh.

The song ended and everyone cheered for Donghyuck as he took a bow.

"I know I know I was great wasn't I," he nodded sitting down.

"Well, he just needs to learn to be humble," Doyoung murmured.

"Just a bit," Wendy agreed reaching for a bag of chips on the table, "Xiaojun your turn."

"Huh? I'm not ready."

"Do we have to get you drunk?" Sicheng asked taking a sip of his drink.

"Are you gonna come up here with me?"

"Fine."

After everyone had gone once or twice the group began talking amongst each other in smaller groups while others sang. The singers didn't mind as they were trying to get a perfect score on most songs, but it wasn't as easy as they expected.

"Do you really think they'll succeed?" Aeri asked watching Donghyuck, Doyoung, and xiaojun arguing over which song would be the easiest to pass.

"No," Yuta admitted leaning his head back against the couch ready to fall asleep.

"Oh my god jae what's the next collection? Spill I need all the info!" Wendy gleamed wanting the inside scoop.

"Oh truthfully I have no clue yet," she laughed lightly, "I'm working on some outfits for my coworker though."

"She's here to relax seungwan don't stress her out with work questions," yuta said matter of factly.

"Shut it Nakamoto," she shot back, "I love listening to her talk about her passion."

Wendy and Yuta's feud would never end, but Hyunjae honestly found it amusing.

Aeri laughed at Wendy's response patting her shoulder, "He's kinda got a point."

"Oh! I don't mind at all," Hyunjae reassured her, "I'm relaxing just being here."

"Even with all that noise?" Mark asked butting in to their conversation.

They all watched as Doyoung and Donghyuck were arguing loudly about who would be the main singer. It looked like xiaojun didn't even care at this point, poor guy just wanted to sing.

"Believe it or not yes," she answered.

Yuta ruffled her hair with a laugh, "Sureeee babe."

She leaned a bit into his touch with a smile. If they weren't out with their friends right now she'd snuggle up to him right now.

"Oh! Wendy what's up with that cute girl you've been talking to from the cafe?" Aeri asked.

"A girl?! Details nowwww," Hyunjae gleamed getting closer to Wendy.

"It's literally nothing! She's just a regular who happens to be very pretty. I've actually never talked to her outside the typical what would you like today and your total is whatever," she murmured slumping down into the couch.

"Simp!" Sicheng yelled eavesdropping from his conversion with jaehyun, Kunhang, and mark.

"Shut up!" The three girls responded making him pout.

"So mean," Yuta sighed shaking his head as he headed over to join the guys' conversation.

"Who's the simp now?" Hyunjae asked raising a brow.

He just laughed at her comment as Sicheng stuck his tongue out at her. Another rivalry would never end at this point.

"If we do bohemian rhapsody will all you guys join?" Donghyuck asked the whole group seriously.

"YES!"

Aeriuchinaga

Liked by nayutas lalisam Huangkh and others
Aeriuchinaga my gorls 😍 still missing one tho 😞
View all comments
Aeristan the cutest friend group 🥹
Uchinagaontop GIRL GANGGGGG
Ultsunoo is that Hyunjae?? So cute 🥹🥹
Influencerera I wonder who the third friend is and the fourth whose not there
Ultsunoo ^ they probably want to protect their privacy, these girls don't have it easy under the public eye
User48 Aeri did you gain weight??? 🤔
User73 she's been hanging out with Hyunjae so they definitely have been letting themselves go 😂
User77 ewww do you guys not find this cringe????
Aeriaeriaeri you losers need to get a grip ^ if you don't like Aeri why follow her???

Loselose

Liked by xiaojun zeuswoo and others
Loselose no more karaoke ‼️
View all comments
Jungjaehyun why are you the biggest karaoke hater
Loselose because I can
Zeuswoo Sicheng has always hated karaoke huh
Nayutas it's cause he hates hearing shit singers
Heychan what's that supposed to mean 🤨
Loselose that's actually false I hate it because it feels stuffy in there
Kimdoyoung .... That's it????
Loselose yup

Loserxluvr

Liked by loselose Aeriuchinaga and others
Loserxluvr matchy matchy 🫀
View all comments
Loselose you guys are cute or whatever
Todayiswendy it baffles me that this was Yuta's idea
Nayutas whether you believe it or not I am a hopeless romantic
Loserxluvr 😍 it's true
Nayutas 😍 only for you
Aeriuchinaga what's it gonna take for you to dump your man for me 😞
Nayutas HELP??????
Loserxluvr AERI?!?
Aeriuchinaga just a joke guys 😖

Nayutas

Liked by loselose huangkh kimdoyoung and others
Nayutas not the boys hating on haechan 😭😭 @jungjaehyun @kimdoyoung @xiaojun @heychan
View all comments
Loserxluvr ayyo???? 😭😭
Heychan it's cause I won at karaoke
xiaojun it's cause he called us sore losers
Todayiswendy lmao he's not very humble is he
Kimdoyoung he cheated tho ‼️
Nayutas true I saw him taking away Doyoung's mic
Heychan ok true but he wouldn't have won either way
Kimdoyoung HEY?!?
Jungjaehyun 🤺 back off Donghyuck
Onyourmark man I should have been in this pic
Heychan not you too mark

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 14.1K 27
"it's a shame we're not soulmates" "dude, this is not some soulmate au shit, stop being like this" please do not read this if you're below 13.
785K 19.4K 65
❝I'm pretty, you're naughty. Together, we'd be... pretty naughty.❞ ©DONGHYUQUE , 2019
83.7K 653 14
Will include a lot of smut, don't read if you aren't comfortable. Welcome hard stans 😈.
57.8K 1.8K 119
ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ ᴏғ ʙᴏʏs sᴛᴜᴍʙʟᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ ᴏғ ɢɪʀʟs ᴏɴ ᴀ ʀᴏᴏғᴛᴏᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴ.. ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ. ᴊɪsᴜɴɢ-ᴄᴇɴᴛʀᴇᴅ. ᴀ ɴᴄᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴛᴇxᴛɪɴɢ/ᴄᴏʟʟᴇɢᴇ ᴀᴜ ʏᴇᴇᴛʏᴏ...