Soulmate System

By Kuurechr

In the world that Assassination Classroom takes place, the population has drastically decreased. Because of t... More

REMINISCING TIME
REUNITING TIME
ACCEPTING TIME
ASSASSINATION TIME
BASEBALL TIME
KARMA TIME
ADULT TIME
ASSEMBLY TIME
TEST TIME
SCHOOL TRIP TIME, 1st period
SCHOOL TRIP TIME, 2nd period
TRANSFER STUDENT TIME
L AND R TIME
TRANSFER STUDENT TIME, 2nd period
BALL GAME TIME
VISION TIME
END OF TERM TIME
CLOSING TIME (first semester)
ISLAND GO TIME
DEMON TIME
KARMA XX NAGISA TIME
OKINAWA TIME
SEXY TIME
MATCHMAKER TIME

TALENT TIME

271 18 5
By Kuurechr

October. 03. 2023.

"Mr.Karasuma?!" You called out as you and Karma finally made your way up to the top of the mountain. "Professor Bitch? What're you doing here?"

You knew fully well that this was coordinated on Nagisa and Kayano's part, but you were still shocked. You thought that they were too busy to come by.

"We like to train here, every once and a while," Karasuma explained. "We tend to avoid it when Kurahashi and Okano use the mountain for their needs, so we come a bit later usually, but considering today was Sugino's big game, we thought we'd come here."

"The service up here is terrible, but we'll watch it later today," Irina added. "How'd it go?"

Sugino explained enthusiastically, and Kanzaki added details with him as well, as you went over to Kayano and Okuda who were talking. "I'm surprised she asked. Do you think she understands that its more than hitting a ball with a bat now?"

"Probably not," Okuda sighed, chuckling as she looked back at Kayano. "You know, this was a great idea. All of us never have time to be together as a group anymore, I was disappointed once the game ended."

"Hey, well we have to use our free days to the best of our abilities, right?" Kayano grinned. "It was a little spontaneous though, I hope no one's too tired."

"I'm sure everyone's too happy being together to be tired," you reassured her, patting her back.

"Hey kids!" Karasuma called out. He had a knife out- his anti Korosensei knife- and swinging it around, he grinned. "Let's see how rusty you've gotten in the past seven years!"

The class agreed loudly, egging Karasuma on. "Now, there's anti-Korosensei knives in your desks"- As everyone took out their knives, from their sleeves or their bags, Karasuma stood in shock.

"Come on sir, this is E Class! You think we'd ever let go of our blades?!" Maehara asked, copying the way Karasuma had just swung his knife.

"Especially on a E Class trip," Hara added. "We're always ready for some sparring when we're together. The real question is if you can take us on, old man."

Karasuma chuckled, rolling his eyes as he took off his jacket. "Looks like the years have just made you all cockier. Let's see that confidence put into action, yeah?"

Isogai and Maehara, ever the ikemen, charged at Karasuma, taking swings. They took every opportunity to jab, but Karasuma effectively dodged each one. Okano went in next, swinging at him randomly, making each of her moves hard to predict. Megu joined in, swinging at Karasuma with her longer arms. Yada went in as well, jabbing, when Karma decided to step in, almost getting Karasuma by the throat. Karasuma put some distance between them, before you went in at his back, something he saw coming as he turned and dodged each of your swings as well.

Nagisa's sneak attack, however, was next. That was what caught Karasuma off guard, and Nagisa successfully stabbed him in the back.

Karasuma sighed, shaking his head. "I should've seen that coming. You all still have the sharp skills of an assassin, I see. It's nice to know that not too much has changed." He eyed Karma, Terasaka and Sugaya, the giants of the class. "I'm not liking having to look up at you three though."

All three of them grinned cockily. Terasaka and Sugaya had always been giants, having been the same height as Karasuma back in junior high, and now they were still tall, the both of them being almost 190cm. Karma was a little shorter than Karasuma but he'd grown taller than his teacher in the past year. It must've been nice looking down on a teacher that always seemed untouchable.

July. 21. 2015.

The bell rang, meaning that it was time for lunch, but the class stood around, watching as Mr.Karasuma was quick to move on and head back to the teachers lounge to work on his ministry related affairs.

"Man, I'm having no luck hitting that guy," Kimura huffed.

"There's like zero chinks in Mr.Karasuma's armor," Okajima observed.

Kurahashi, ever the fan of Mr.Karasuma, ran up to him. "Excuse me sir, I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite to eat with us!"

He rejected her offer with an apology, stating that he had to get work done. "Zero chinks in his personal life too," Mimura commented.

Okano sighed. "He's definitely a man who prefers to keep his distance. It's like there's a wall of ice between him and us."

"Yeah, don't get me wrong he's super cool and everything, I mean..." Kurahashi huffed. "I just- I don't know. You think it's only cause he has to be?"

However, as Mr.Karasuma made it to the top of the stairs, everyone noticed the man standing in front of him, with many bags in hand. The class was confused by him. "Another new teacher?" Kurahashi asked.

"Yo!" The man seemed very bubbly, as he smiled wide. "Names Akira Takaoka and I'm here to give your gym teacher a hand! Pleased to meet you gang! So what do ya say, ready to have some fun?"

As he placed out everything he had in the bags, the students' mouths drooled in awe of the cake. The class was quick to get along with him. Although you could tell some of the class was a little uncomfortable with his touchiness, everyone seemed to think he was nice.

Well everyone but one person.

You followed Karma into the school, as he was heading over to the bathroom to get changed instead of fawning over the new teacher like everyone else.

"You don't want a little cake, or something?" You asked, confused by his behaviour. "I mean, it's not gonna be poisoned or something- come on, this guy seems nice, I know you have a thing about not trusting adults"-

"What?" Karma interrupted, stopping in his tracks as he looked back at you. He raised a brow. "You trust this guy?"

You stuttered for a moment before nodding, instead of saying yes. His stare made you a little nervous- he was clearly judging you. Was your intuition that bad?

"Should I not ?" You asked.

"He's a phony," Karma answered, crossing his arms, leaning against the wall.

You tilted your head at him, eyebrows furrowing. "So? Professor Bitch was a phony too, now we get along with her just fine. Why don't you just give this guy a chance?"

Karma huffed, raising his shoulders. "It's just a feeling. A worse feeling than when Professor Bitch came along." He stepped away again. "I think you should take your chances and skip this class, just saying."

"I know it's hard to grasp the idea of someone replacing Mr.Karasuma, but we can still train with him"-

"That's not what this is about," Karma said, shutting you down. "Come on, you don't get any bad vibes from this guy?"

"No!" You insisted. "I've been around my fair share of terrible teachers and Mr.Takaoka just doesn't remind me of any of them." You sighed, thinking too little before saying your next words. "I think you just have a hard time trusting teachers."

Karma's jaw clenched, but he chose to act aloof and walk away from you, shutting the boys bathroom door with more force than necessary, which gave you the clue that you ticked him off.

Oh well, you thought, as you walked away. You could see for yourself if this Takaoka guy actually gave off the bad vibes Karma was picking up on. Eventually, if Karma was wrong, he'd have to come in for gym class, so it wasn't like he would be skipping forever. It was just one class. There was no point in you lecturing him about it.

Even Korosensei seemed to have taken a liking to him- you noticed, as you stepped back outside, hungry to dig into the cake that Kayano had saved for you by fighting against her body to take a bite. You let her do so anyways, and took in the atmosphere. No bad vibes.

"Alright! Everybody here?" Truthfully, Karma was missing. "Now, things are gonna be tougher than usual, but stick it out like the champs I know you are and more sweets!"

"For us ?" Nakamura quipped. "Or are you really just saving them for yourself?"

Mr.Takaoka pat his stomach with an innocent smile. "Nope, nope, don't wanna ruin this girlish figure."

The class laughed at his joke. As the class took their seats, chatting and laughing with him, eventually Mr.Takaoka got serious. "Okay then! Along with your new training regiment comes a new schedule!"

At the look of the schedule he made up, the class made their apprehension clear. "What? No way!" Maehara exclaimed.

"We have ten periods now?" Okano asked.

"We train til 9PM?" Nagisa exclaimed.

Your eyebrows furrowed.

Oh no. Bad vibes.

"That's the idea, little grasshoppers," he continued with a smile. "Don't be glum, think of the payoff! This curriculum will turn you into lean, mean killing machines! You're gonna love it!"

"Wait, hold up," Maehara spoke up, going over to Mr.Takoka with the schedule in hand. "This is ridiculous! First off, this is school, we gotta think about grades too." Mr.Takaoka seemed a bit ashamed, with a small smile as he put his hand on his head. "Come on! We can't go by this, when are we supposed to stu"-

Mr.Takoka put his hand on Maehara's head, stopping the boy from speaking in shock.

He then pushed Maehara down as he brought his knee up into Maehara's stomach.

Okay. Very, very bad vibes.

"Rule number one," Mr.Takaoka smiled, as if he hadn't just beat one of his students. He let go of Maehara, who fell to the ground. Okano and Isogai rushed to his side.  "We don't do 'can't'. Rule number two." You looked from Maehara's body on the floor, back up at Mr.Takaoka's face. "We're the family and I'm the dad. Show me a family where dad ain't in charge and I'll show you a family in crisis."

Now that made you hate the man. For your own personal reasons and because you knew of the personal situations of many of the kids in E Class. Isogai's father had died a few years ago, and Nagisa had a distant relationship with his father, but he wasn't a bad person. Both their families struggled and still struggle now, but you found his words insulting.

Especially because your mother had left a man who Takaoka reminded you of.

The class looked up at him in horror. "If this is too much for you, sit it out! I'll have my people back at HQ send in replacements for the whole class." The evil look quickly left his face, as a kinder smile graced his face- it was hard to see it as kind, anymore though.

"That said, I'd much rather see you stick it out. A father loves each of his children unconditionally. The thought of even losing one of them breaks his hearts." As he walked around, the class kept their heads hung low. "We're gonna save the world, kids, and we're gonna do it as a family."

He squatted down and wrapped his arms around Mimura and Kanzaki's necks.

The class watched, conflicted that they couldn't do anything. "Well," Takaoka said. "You're gonna do anything father tells you to, eh?"

Kanzaki hesitated but stood up, getting out of his grasp. She turned to him. "Actually sir, to tell you the truth." Takaoka stood up. You wanted to shout at her, tell her to get away, to stop talking, just do what he says- "I'm not much for P.E. If I have to do it, I prefer Mr.Karasuma's class."

Takaoka licked his lips, and even though you stood up as fast as you could out of reflex, you weren't quick enough to stop the slap that sent her flying. You ran with Sugino, Nagisa and Kayano getting to her side as quickly as possible.

"Oops! Looks like we're having a little communications gap," Mr.Takaoka said innocently. "The only answer here is yes." He started swinging his fists. A shiver went up your spine. He wasn't like your father.

He was far, far worse. "If anyone else needs a dose of good old fashioned non verbal reinforcement, daddy dearest will be happy to oblige."

"Stop it!" All your heads turned to Karasuma, who came to Kanzaki's side. He softened his voice as he spoke to Kanzaki. "Hey, did he twist your neck? Try moving your head side to side."

Kanzaki smiled, despite the large bruise forming on her face. "I'll be okay."

Karasuma turned his head to Maehara, who was with Isogai and Okano, but still clutched to his stomach. "What about you?"

Maehara grinned and despite being strained, he joked. "I'll survive!"

"See, we're fine! Don't get your boxers in a wad, I'm not gonna go full throttle on my beloved fam!"

Korosensei, his entire body red, his veins popping, placed a tentacle on Takaoka. "Correct," he growled. "Except they're not your fam. They're my students!" There was some relief that overcame you. "Whatever you've been filling their heads with while my back was turned, it stops now!"

Mr.Takaoka turned to him with a smile. "Sorry big guy, this isn't your class! You teach your subjects, I'll teach mine, in phys ed, I call the shots. Nothing I've done falls outside acceptable corporeal punishment! I've gotta train these kids to kill you, that doesn't leave me a lot of time. I don't have the luxury of going easy on them. What are you gonna attack me? Over a dispute about educational philosophy."

Korosensei was seething with rage. "Cause if that's what this is, you just don't care for the way I teach!"

Korosensei couldn't do much though. He didn't have a choice.

The class was struggling with the 300 squats that had been assigned. Eventually Kurahashi fell to the floor, calling out to Mr.Karasuma in desperation. "Kurahashi"- You were about to pull her up when Mr.Takaoka came in front of her, that disgustingly evil look on his face again.

"Watch it." He cracked his knuckles. "Karasuma ain't part of our family dollface. Someone needs a lesson." He raised his hand. "Disrespecting daddy makes him very angry!"

Karasuma came up behind him though, grabbing his arm before he could punch Kurahashi. You pulled the terrified girl into your side, as she was still shaking with fear.

"That's enough," Karasuma growled. "If you hurt these kids, then you'll have to answer to me."

Mr.Takaoka started on his lecture about this just being the way he taught. He seemed ready for this moment though. Mr.Takaoka proposed that if one student that Karasuma picks could graze him, then he'd leave without a fuss.

"We won't be using these though," Mr.Takaoka said as he waved around the rubber knife in his hand before throwing it away. He took out a real, very real, knife and stabbed it into the rubber knife, piercing it affectively.

"When the object is to kill a human being, you can't rely on toys!" Kurahashi squeezed your arm, and you squeezed back, fear like you'd never felt before running through your veins.

Karasuma fought against the proposal. "This is ridiculous! These kids aren't prepared to take down a real human being and you know it!"

But Takaoka wasn't nice. He threw the knife at Karasuma's feet, reminding him that if he didn't take this deal, he was staying.

Mr.Karasuma walked up to... "Nagisa. You're up." The class was shocked. "In my eyes, we are all fellow soldiers on a mission to save earth from destruction. Whatever our differences are, we share that goal. I may not be much of a father figure, but I appreciate your dilemma. So if you don't feel comfortable, you don't have to take up the knife. Our duty as teachers is to prepare you for life. Not force you into it, kicking and screaming."

Nagisa looked at Mr.Karasuma, taking it all in.

But he eventually took the knife.

As Nagisa stretched, the class looked at the situation in awe. "You think Nagisa will get anywhere near him?" Sugaya asked.

"I don't think so," Kimura stated. "Guys a pro! Hell, how would you do with a real knife?"

Kayano was worried, watching, but she looked over at you. "Are you nervous?" She whispered. You nodded, digging your nails into your palm to avoid the urge to bite them.

"Karasuma chose him for a reason right?" You whispered back, trying to reassure yourself and Kayano. "There's a reason for that. Let's just watch."

Nagisa smiled. He walked over slowly, and calmly. Until he got up to Mr.Takaoka, he was totally nonchalant. Then he swung, falling back. Nagisa wrapped his arms around Takaoka, taking him down. He slithered around and as they hit the ground, Nagisa had a knife to Takaoka's throat.

"What the fuck..." you muttered under your breath.

As everyone was in a shocked stupor, Korosensei took it out once he grabbed the knife back from Nagisa. As he ate the knife, Korosensei scolded Karasuma for giving a student a real knife.

The class ran over to Nagisa, praising him for everything he did. But Takaoka stood up, ruining the happy moment, as he looked like more of a monster than Korosensei ever had when he was angry.

"YOU UNGRATEFUL PUNKS! YOU THINK IT'S FUN SHAMING YOUR FATHER FIGURE. HUH?! HAVING THE TIMES OF YOUR LIVES, PRETENDING YOU'VE WON?! HOPE IT WAS WORTH IT, CAUSE DADDY'S ABOUT TO RIP YOU APART! MIND, BODY AND SOUL!!!"

The class glared up at him. After you'd seen him frothing at the mouth, losing to Nagisa, you weren't very scared of him anymore. "Not gonna lie, if we went up for round two, I'd lose," Nagisa admitted. "But I'll tell you something. Whatever you do, you're not the boss of us. Mr. Karasuma is our P.E teacher. That's all there is to it. When you try to be our dad, it just makes us feel like children. Mr.Karasuma may come off as all business, but he treats us as equals." Takaoka shaked in anger, but Nagisa was unshaken. "He's approachable, he's cool, and he's got nothing to prove." Nagisa bowed. "Thanks for trying but he's the class dad."

The rest of the class glowered at the man, ready to defend Nagisa if need be. There was an added confidence in the air, knowing Mr.Karasuma and Korosensei were also on your side. Takaoka eventually did pounce at Nagisa, but Nagisa was quick to block himself, and everyone else was quick to step forward- especially Karasuma, who knocked Takaoka down.

As he fell to the ground, Karasuma spoke up. "Sorry if my colleagues a bit too big for his bridges. He's not in a position to threaten you." He looked back at the class. "Don't give him another thought. I'll negotiate with my superiors to put things back the way they were."

Takaoka still yelled though, not yet taken down. "It's going to take more than that to be down with me. You'll get this job over my dead body-!"

"That won't be necessary."

You looked back at the man who was walking towards the class.

"Principal Asano," Karasuma stated, shocked that he was here.

Before training began you had asked to go to the bathroom. Using your menstrual cycle as an excuse, Takaoka had let you leave, not before getting some words in.

"None of you girls better use the period excuse with me, you got it?! You're gonna have to show me the blood once you get out of there!"

You hated this bastard.

"That's heinous!" Korosensei protested immediately, despite backing down earlier. "I forbid you from invading my students' privacy in such a way!"

Takaoka glowered back at him. "What did I say Korosensei? They're my students during training." He put his hand on your shoulder, his grip firm despite his innocent smile. "Now, you don't mind me checking to make sure you're not lying, right doll?"

"No, sir," you muttered, shaking your head.

"Oh come on, don't be so stingy, what did I tell you all to call me?" Takaoka laughed. "Is daddy so hard to say?"

"No, sir," you repeated, your eyes glued to the floor.

"Daddy's going to get mad," Takaoka said with gritted teeth. "Want to correct yourself darling?"

"No..." You sucked in a deep breath, unable to raise your head. "Daddy."

"There we go!" He grinned, slapping your back. "Go off then, be quick, don't spend so much time making yourself all pretty."

You nodded before hurrying off.

You wanted to puke, but you rushed to your desk, taking out your phone and heading to the bathroom while dialing a certain number.

"You picked up quickly," you muttered, after he answered.

"And you rarely call," he answered. "Is something the matter?"

"Do you know the new teacher? Akira Takaoka?"

"What type of principal would I be if I didn't know the staff I hired?"

"Oh," you faltered. "So you know what type of man he is?"

He took a moment before answering. "He seemed like a jolly man. Did he do something?"

"He's terrible," you sighed in relief, remembering that even if your father himself was a violent man when it came to educational matters, he didn't like the idea of others raising their hands on his children. "He's treating us like we're in the military."

"Did he hit you?"

"No," you said. Principal Asano, who was tense before, leaned back in his chair a bit more comfortably. "But that's because I'm smart enough to not say anything around him. He's calling himself our father, he made me call him..." you hesitated before spitting out the word. "Daddy, just now."

He raised his eyebrows quickly. "What?"

"Yeah, and I told him I was on my period to sneak in here anyways and he told me I have to show him it or else I'm going to get beat as well, I'm sure. I think I just have to show him at the end of the day, but I'm not on my period right now, so you know..." you took a deep breath after your nervous rambling. "Please come dad. I need your help."

"I trust you'll forgive the intrusion, everyone," Principal Asano said as he lowered himself down to Takaoka's level. He pulled Takaoka's face toward him. "I came to see our new hire in action. And it must be said. Your methods are nothing short of a travesty. Granted, fear is the engine of education. But a teacher able to in-still fear only through violence is nothing but a brute. And I do not employ brutes."

He shoved papers down Takaoka's mouth, before stepping away as he took out a handkerchief, wiping his hands. "Your walking papers. The ministry of defence does not call the shots here and I intend to keep it that way. This is my school and my school alone. Remember that."

Takaoka ran off screaming, as Principal Asano walked away calmly.

"The man got handed a pink slip?" Kimura asked.

"Does that mean Mr.Karasuma is back to being our gym teacher again?" Okajima realized.

The class cheered together, before walking over to the teachers, both in what seemed to be a serious conversation. "Mr.Karasuma?" Nakamura asked. "Seeing as we kinda got your job back for you and all, maybe we've got something in the way of a little thank you coming?"

Kurahashi agreed, smiling. "Mr.Takaoka would've given us a bunch of sweets for being so good!"

"Hey, let's not compare our class dad to a brute," you reprimanded, but still smiled like everyone else.

"Well now, I'm not much of a connaisseur," he said, smiling a little as he took out his wallet. "I guess you could buy your"-

He was interrupted by Professor Bitch taking his wallet out of his hands. The class cheered, and eventually dragged Karasuma along. The class went out for sweets, at a small sweet shop nearby; one that was shocked by how many kids were coming in, especially since the sun was beginning to set.

As everyone began to leave, Nagisa and Sugino looked over at you. You were staring down at your phone, unable to stop your jaw from dropping a little at the message you had just gotten. "Hey, Y/N," Sugino called out. "You coming?"

"Uh, no, sorry," you apologized, smiling at them. "My dad's coming to pick me up. You guys get home safe though!"

"Oh, but you and Nagisa are neighbours, I can get home on my own, why don't you get a ride too Nagisa?" Sugino suggested, turning to Nagisa, who shook his head quickly as he smiled awkwardly.

"Oh, no, I'm good. I kinda wanna walk the day off anyways, plus my mom's gonna be home late so might as well use the time I've gotten outside, right?" Nagisa was quick to lie, and you were thankful for that. He didn't know who your father was, sure, but he knew and understood your relationship with your dad; after all the two of you were close friends because you both had a mutual understanding as kids of divorced (crazy) parents. That was why having teachers like Karasuma and Korosensei were great; they were fantastic father figures, something that you and Nagisa had both lacked for years.

As you waited for your father, you ended up being the last person left. Everyone decided to go to a nearby park to eat, since the sweet shop was too small to hold the entire class. You, Korosensei, Karasuma and Irina sat on a bench, waving goodbye to Isogai, Maehara and Okano as they walked home together.

"Y/N," Korosensei turned to you, smiling. "What you did today was very brave. A true, brilliant show of your character. I admire how you fought against Takaoka today."

"Huh?" You frowned. "I didn't do anything."

Karasuma and Irina seemed fairly confused as well. But Karasuma seemed to come to realization just then. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked over at you. "You could've asked one of us to call him in instead, you know?"

"I thought it would've been more effective, coming from me," you answered, looking down.

Karasuma and Korosensei nodded, in understanding, but Professor Bitch was still confused.

"Can someone fill me in?!"

"Y/N is the one who called in the principal," Karasuma explained. "When she went to the bathroom."

"Ugh, that despicable oaf," Professor Bitch grumbled, remembering that moment. "I was about to lunge at him right then and there, who does he think he is?! Making some 14 year old girl call you daddy is some of the most vile shit I've ever seen, well I've seen it, but usually I get to kill them right after and- wait."

She turned to you. "How did you find his contacts? The teacher's lounge was locked."

"I have his number," you explained. She still seemed confused. "His personal number."

Still confused. Korosensei looked at you, asking permission for him to tell Professor Bitch your secret. You nodded; you were fine with your teachers finding out. Your classmates were another story.

"Y/N L/N here used to be Y/N Asano."

"What?" Professor Bitch muttered.

"You would notice it if you looked at her previous records from before junior high," Karasuma huffed, taking a jab at her competence as a teacher. "Her last name was changed the year she started at Kunigigaoka."

"My brother and I were homeschooled until junior high," you explained. "So no one knows that we're related."

"But you don't- well, look like him," Professor Bitch pointed out.

"My brother's a carbon copy," you huffed. "I got all my looks from my mother. She's not from here. My dad- Principal Asano- went to Harvard University. They met there and then moved back here."

"He's a terrifying man," Karasuma sighed. "If it weren't for you, I'm not exactly sure how we would've gotten Takaoka out of there. I wanted to avoid more interactions with the principal." He paused before adding, "No offense."

"Don't worry, I feel the same," you reassured. "He's going to pick me up today, because of the whole Takaoka thing. But after today, and until the next time something terrible happens or if he needs to use me to take down E Class, I'm not going to speak to him again. Today's just an outlier."

"Well, he cares enough about you to come to your aid, right?" Professor Bitch asked. "If you ask me, that's quite a lot."

"I guess," you muttered.

Korosensei added on. "However, the bare minimum father figure is not what you deserve. We understand that you may have conflicting feelings towards your father; it would be hard not to. But you must remember that whatever he does to our class, especially the bad, is not something anyone would ever fault you for. Especially not your classmates."

You nodded, biting your lip. "I know. I just don't want to use him to get ahead. My brother is a prodigy all on his own. He's never needed our fathers help... me, not so much."

"Well, it's good that your father helps you when you rely on him," Professor Bitch pointed out. "I mean who knows how much longer Takaoka would have to teach all you brats for, if your father didn't come to your aid."

You hummed, when a car pulled up by the park. The window rolled down. Your father was in the drivers seat. "I'm going to go, so you don't have to talk to him," you muttered to the three, before smiling at them. "Thank you for being such great teachers for us. You all are like parental figures and for some of us... well, we really need that sometimes. So yeah, thank you."

The three teachers smiled at you, before you jogged over to the car, opening the back door. "Get in the front," your father said. It was technically a suggestion, but it sounded like an order. Closing the back door, you looked back at your teachers who were looking over at you. Waving, you opened the door to the passengers side and went in.

Immediately your mood shifted.

The car ride was mostly silent, until you got to a stop light nearby. "Thank you," you muttered.

Your father glanced over at you, humming. "Haven't I told you to speak clearly?"

"Thank you," you said louder, looking up at him. "I was really scared. For me and my classmates. So I'm really thankful that you came by."

"Of course," he said, moving as the light turned green. "What type of father would I be if I didn't protect you from men like that scoundrel?"

You bit your lip. You're not much of a father to me anyways.

"So, um," you started, trying to make conversation. "How's Shu?"

He chuckled a little. "Still calling him by an affectionate nickname, I see." You didn't respond. Sighing, your father continued. "He's the same. You wouldn't like it."

"Still weaker than you too, I'm guessing?" You asked. He hummed, no concrete answer. "I don't like that either. I hope he beats you one day. I'm on his side, with anything against you, you know?"

"I do not believe he would accept you on his side, despite your affection for him," your father claimed. "He might care for you the same, but he still values powerful allies. Unfortunately, you lack what he wants." He glanced at you. "Well, you might have it. Who knows? That Korosensei of yours seems to be bringing out the power in all of his students; you might be next."

"Maybe you'll crush us before he gets to that," you chuckled, half joking. Not a very funny joke. You didn't want him to crush your class. You had some hope that the class could keep that from happening. "Oh, we're here. Um, thank"-

"I'll walk you to the door," he said, as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

"What?" You asked, practically frozen, as he left the car. But as he walked off, you hurried to get out and walk with him. "You really don't have to, I can go up on my own-!"

"It's still an apartment complex," he stated, looking around, glaring at a man dressed in all black, who stood against the wall. The man shivered and left as fast as he could. "Who knows of the danger that lurks?"

He knew, of course.

"I've lived here for years," you huffed. "And I've gotten home at later times. I'm still completely fine, so I think you can lea"-

"Your mother allows you to get home later?" He asked, raising a brow. "What, in the dark? On your own?"

"Well-" you hesitated with your words, not wanting to put your mother in a bad light. "She works really late, so you know, she gets here later on her own than I do! The trains aren't all that reliable later."

"What happened to her car?" He asked, following you as you headed up the stairs. "Why don't you take the elevator?"

You were fairly exhausted with the day, and your fathers constant questions weren't helping. "Someone stole the car like a year back, so ever since then she's been using transit, or getting a ride from her coworkers. And the elevator is broken. Has been since we got here."

He quieted down, not saying another word and walking in silence with you until you got to your apartment door. "You can go now," you said, as you fished in your bag for your keys, but your father had knocked the door before you could stop him. "Dad!" You exclaimed, in horror as the door opened.

Your mom greeted you with a small smile, before she opened it further and saw her ex-husband. She seemed taken aback, but she smiled eventually (anyone could tell it was forced) and you and your father noted her grip on the doorknob.

"Thank you for bringing her home safely," she said quickly, not looking him in the eye. "You can go"-

As you heard the door from the stairs open, your head whipped and you shoved your father inside your home with a strength you didn't know you had. Your parents looked back at you in shock, but you smiled at the woman down the hallway, greeting her.

"Ms.Shiota!"

"Oh my god," your mother whispered under her breath, pushing her ex husband behind the door.

"What're you"- "Just stay here, and be quiet for now!"

"Hello dear! Did you just get home? I still haven't gotten a call from Nagisa yet, did he head upstairs?"

"Oh, my father gave me a ride home," you explained. "He should be home soon though, he's coming back with Sugino, so he'll be safe, if that's what you're worried about."

"Oh well, yes, you know how dangerous it is for young girls to be out this late at night," she agreed. You bit your cheek. You didn't hate Ms.Shiota but as the people who lived directly below them, you heard all the yelling and abuse that Nagisa had to endure. It was hard for you and your mother to not do anything about it, but you tried to help out with what little you could do. "I heard your mother, is she in there?"

"Oh, yes, but she has to change, she just took a shower," you answered, so this interaction could be over soon.

Your mother blushed on the other side of the door, and your father looked away from her, feeling her embarrassment as well. "Oh, I'm planning on baking a cake tomorrow," you said. "Mind if Nagisa comes over to join me?"

"Oh, of course not," Ms.Shiota answered. "Although you kids better be hitting the books. Graduation isn't coming any slower."

You chuckled awkwardly. "Of course. Well, I'll see you tomorrow Ms.Shiota!"

"Bye dear, tell your mother to call me later!"

Once she was gone, you headed inside, and sighed. "This is why I told you to let me come up on my own," you huffed at your father.

"Hey," your mother scolded you. "You should apologize."

"Huh?" You gasped, eyebrows furrowing as you looked over at your mother. "Apologize?"

Why would you apologize to a monster? This is why you disliked your mother at some times. She had no backbone when it came to your father. That's why it took so long for her to leave him.

"He dropped you off here to make sure you were safe," she reprimanded you. "And he's your father. You can't speak to him in a rude manner."

"He doesn't raise me anymore," you answered, crossing your arms. "He is not my father."

Your mother gasped. "Y/N Asano"-

"It's L/N!" You yelled back.

"Stop." Your father put his arm out in front of your mother to stop her from yelling back. "There's no point in you arguing. I did my job as a teacher, making sure she got home safe." He bowed to your mother. "Thank you for letting me into your home. I'll be off now."

"Bye Gaku," your mother whispered, seeing him off at the door.

Your father seemed to hesitate before leaving, but he still left. You chuckled bitterly to yourself. That was what it must've been like for Gakushu.

Your mother whipped to you the minute he closed the door. "Do you have no shred of forgiveness in you, Y/N?! What, have I failed at teaching you basic manners, your father isn't a monster- he's still a person!"

"You should see him at school mom," you argued, shaking your head. "You know what, he's right though, cause he always is. I don't want to argue with you, I'm tired. Good night."

You slammed your bedroom door shut.

October. 03. 2023.

"Hey everyone!" Kayano called out, catching everyone's attention. "I have an announcement!"

"What?" Mimura called out. "New movie, or something?"

"Actually," Nagisa stood up as well. "We have an announcement."

The class paused. Nagisa and Kayano had an announcement? Well then, wouldn't it be obvious?

"Oh, you're dating?" Maehara asked. "Everyone knows that!" The class laughed. You and Karma glanced at each other, knowingly. He reached out to hold your hand. You looked at him, thankful.

Kayano and Nagisa looked at each other and grinned, before Kayano raised her hand. Her left hand.

It took a moment, but eventually everyone was yelling.

"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?!?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 354 12
"The devil's smile gleamed in the moonlight, but for some reason, it felt like he was an angel sent here to protect me." "I'm assuming that would be...
71.2K 2.9K 26
[Abandoned Work - Unfinished and Discontinued] **Edited version of this story is currently published. Also unfinished and discontinued. Apologies... ...
534K 11.8K 39
(Y/N)(L/N) an elite student request to transfer to class 3-E to study for third year in junior high. The principle fulfilled her request unwillingly...
3.3K 65 32
You are a normal student that goes to one of the most prestigious school. That's what most people think. But they are wrong. You are in the 3-E class...