Love On The Brain

By SerityPsychic21

Smart Matilda Jiang had just switched high schools from Boise to Idaho City. There in Preston High School, sh... More

Chapter 1: Simple But Not
Chapter 2: Mean Cheerleaders
Chapter 3: Ugly Duckling
Chapter 4: Geniuses
Chapter 5: Defender
Chapter 6: When You Love Someone
Chapter 7: Aunt's House
Chapter 8: Imagination
Chapter 9: The Dream
Chapter 10: Exam Bet
Chapter 11: Bond With You
Chapter 12: Special Day
Chapter 14: Unspoken Connection
Chapter 15: Date In His House
Chapter 16: Unreciprocated
Chapter 17: Kidnapped
Chapter 18: Love Right Where We Are (Final)

Chapter 13: His Confession

13 1 2
By SerityPsychic21

At this point, Matilda was practically receiving attention from everyone. The old her who used to be ignored and demolished for her "nerdy" appearance was forgotten by most. She didn't go unnoticed either during lunch hours. Two hot guys and two girls were standing beside her while she was sitting alone in the cafeteria eating her lunch.

Girl #1: Matilda, you look so pretty and different today. That is such a nice cute shirt.

Girl #2: I love your new hairstyle. Where did you get it done?

Girl #1: Never thought you could look fresh like a blooming rose.

Girl #2: We would love for you to be friends with us. So you don't have to sit alone in the same spot.

Hot guy #1: We're also having a game tonight. You should come and watch us play on the field court.

Hot guy #2: Yeah, we'll let you know about the time you should be there.

Matilda: No thanks...Can you all please leave me alone and let me eat? I'm not interested.

Matilda: I'm not gonna fall for any more pity offers for a fake friendship. Plus, why do you think I would care?

Matilda: You never asked me to hang out when I looked "undesirable".

Girl #1: Fine! We should've known you're still a loser, Matilda...

When the two guys and girls walked away, Patrick walked to her table and asked her to come sit with him.

Patrick: Very bold of you to make them scramble. They were hella pushy weren't they?

Matilda: I didn't know them.

Patrick: How about you come sit with me? We have an extra spot reserved just for you, little genius.

Patrick: So that way no one bothers you again.

Matilda smiled. When Matilda was sitting next to Patrick and across from Kyle and Amira, she began discussing her birthday party.

Matilda: In case some of you didn't hear, today is my birthday.

Matilda: I'm throwing a party at my house in the afternoon.

Matilda: Do any of you wanna come?

Kyle: Of course we want to come, Matilda. We will be in your house on time.

Kyle: It's your birthday and we want it to make the best of your special day.

Amira: I would also buy you a present. What kind of things do you like?

Matilda: I'm not very sure. Any present would make me satisfied. I don't expect much.

Matilda: I can't wait to see all of you tonight.

Amanda was watching their entire conversation from a distance while sitting with her two minions and she looked quite mad to see Matilda having a good time with Patrick and the others.

Amanda: On the inside. Who does she think she is? Is she trying to be?

Amanda: On the inside. She's trying so hard to look "pretty" when she's in fact very ugly.

Peg: Amanda, what are you looking at?

Amanda: The nerd girl Matilda is now kissing up to Patrick's ass just because she turned gorgeous for ONE day.

Amanda: Patrick isn't meant for her. Her makeup looks unaesthetic on her. She should stop trying on new clothes if she has no taste.

Jill: She's so fake. We should make her ugly again if we have to.

Matilda's house was decorated and everything was properly arranged in order to prepare for her birthday party. Her grandparents arrived first and they greeted Matilda's parents with a hug and chatted for long minutes. Matilda was in the living room checking her phone to see if Patrick or his cousin texted her about their arrival. Eventually, Patrick, Erica, Kyle, Amira, and Richie's girlfriend Jade all arrived and were invited to join the party.

Grandma: Matilda, you've grown up a lot since the last time you came to visit us in China.

Grandma: Now I have to look up to talk to you since you're taller than me now.

Grandpa: And don't forget...She's smarter and more knowledgeable than before. Mental development is always important for a person.

Grandpa: For your next birthday, you should come to China and we can celebrate it there.

Matilda: I would absolutely. Next year, I should have time since covid restrictions would be less strict.

Richie introduced his girlfriend Jade to everyone.

Richie: You guys, meet my girlfriend Jade. She used to work as a former idol in the kpop industry in Seoul.

Richie: Now she works as an artist who does freelancing jobs on the side.

Matilda: Nice to meet you, Jade. I heard a lot about you from Richie and how you guys fell in love.

Jade: Nice to meet you too, Matilda. Yeah, we had a conflicted history together first haha.

Matilda's mom: Towards Patrick, Kyle, and Amira. Welcome to my daughter's party! I'm Mrs. Jiang, Matilda's mom...

Matilda's mom: You can help yourselves to anything you like. We bought some delicious pocky and fruit rolls.

Kyle: Ooooh, you're making my mouth water. I love fruit rolls! Know I can't eat too much, but can't live without them.

Matilda: Walked closer to them and introduced her friends to her mom. Mom, these are the people I invited...Patrick, Kyle, and Amira.

Kyle: I'm Kyle and he's Patrick. In case you get confused.

Amira: Towards Matilda. Happy birthday, Matilda! Here's my present for you.

Matilda: Opened it and got surprised by the present. Thank you so much for your present, Amira.

Matilda: I love Sephora makeup products! I can't wait to try their foundation on me.

Amira: I use them and they're of high quality!

Matilda: But the best present for me is that you're all here.

Everyone was having a good time at the party because there were snacks and fruit punch on the table. Matilda continued having a nice time talking to her relatives and everyone else in the living room while Patrick went further inside to explore Matilda's house. He went upstairs to wash his hands and came across her room. He was amazed to see how organized her room and how many books there are.

Patrick: He thought to herself. Her room is so organized, while mine is the house version of a jungle.

He glanced at the books on the shelves.

Patrick: On the inside. She's read the same books I've read before. I noticed her name checked out before mine on every library card.

Patrick: On the inside. I love how tidy and neat she is.

Matilda was downstairs drinking fruit punch and then realized Patrick was nowhere to be found.

Matilda: She thought to herself. Huh? Where did Patrick go? He was here a while ago.

Matilda: On the inside. Did he go upstairs? Let me check where he is.

She went upstairs and found Patrick glossing over a book that Matilda placed on her book shelves.

Matilda: Patrick! You went inside my room and you're now reading some of my books?

Patrick: You read The Lotus Palace before? I did too.

Matilda: Do you like it? I have a picky preference for books if you have noticed.

Patrick: Lotus Palace is one of my favorite books to read.

Matilda: Aren't you going to eat with everyone else downstairs? My mom made noodles and red eggs.

Patrick: I'll go eat later. But I have something to tell you and I can't keep it inside me anymore.

Matilda: What are you trying to tell me?

Patrick: I like you, Matilda. Since the first day of school.

Matilda: You must be joking...there's no way you like me.

Patrick: Trust me, I really do. You're always on my mind, Matilda. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.7K 109
Trope: Popular girl x tutor boy "I want you to tell me one thing." Her wobbly voice said. "Anything," I say quietly. "What does it mean?" "What?" "M...
56.8K 2.7K 50
Fallon's sole ambition in life is to escape her miserable hometown once and for all. She dreams of driving away in her convertible and leaving her pa...
3.4K 76 23
When a smart girl and a wild boy get together, the unexpected is ordinary. - Matilda Savon is a smart girl with her biggest insecurity right across h...
85.1K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...