Woman and Machine II (TFP & P...

By brookyoung1229

It's been eleven years since the Autobots were exiled from earth. Koda Shank has left everyone and gone to Au... More

Prolouge
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
I'm Back!
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Epilogue

Chapter Twelve

296 11 19
By brookyoung1229

Hey guys, this chapter was more of a vent. I tried to keep it with the story, but it could be seen as a filler too...I apologize. The past few days have been very busy and rough. I just...haven't been able to accomplish something. It just seems like I'm not meant to do it. And I feel as though I've been in this rust for  nearly two years. Each time I'm close to escaping it, I fall back into it. My family tries to help, but when I grasp their hand I slip and fall. It's leading to something...I'm not sure what, but I hope it's good. 

And I don't have a way to vent. How badly I want to let everything out, but I physically can't. My body and mind have gotten so used to this...whatever this is, that I can't let anything out. And I keep getting reassured that it's okay to let it out. But I CAN'T.

My chest hurts, my head hurts, but I can't do anything about it.
But, it's fine! I'm fine! Just gotta worry about others, not myself.

Just one thing though....Scars, don't heal...

Anyways! Enough about me! 

Go on and read, enjoy the chapter :D

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Crystal City, a once powerful and beautiful landmark. Now, it was nothing more than a battlefield. Explosions and gunfire were heard everywhere.

A cold shiver ran down Optimus' back strut as he stood before a dead Insecticon. His blades were covered in Energon. The blue substance beginning to stain the sharp weapons.

His azure optics were wide and filled with fear as he looked around before looking down at his left blade. His newly reformed frame shook when he heard someone walk up beside him.

"Why did you do it, Optimus?" The master Archivist asked slowly. He held an old looking book with a quill sticking out of it in his left servo.

"W-what do you mean Sir?" The newly made Prime turned to Alpha Trion.

"Why did you kill this being? Or the other Decepticons? You've offlined Decepticons for what reason?"

"There is a war. I've managed to be the cause of it...These Decepticons are harming my Autobots."

"Right."

...

"What if I can't do it? Lead an army against the one mech who I considered a brother. It doesn't make any sense, the Decepticons are stronger than us. They have more technology, more resources. We're left with barely anything."

Alpha Trion set his right servo on Optimus' shoulder. He looked into the Primes' optics, "Primus chose you for a reason. Look at who you are, once an archivist who wished to change your home for the better. This may be a dark time right now, it may be like this for a long time...But, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Before you reach the end however, there will be obstacles, you'll wish to be destroyed at times."

The red and blue mech's optics narrowed and his servos clenched into fists. Quickly turning he gave a single nod, "I get it...in order to succeed things must change. I must change. The team will always be put first before oneself."

The world around him changed from the destroyed Crystal City to a darkened room. The humming of a ship's engine filled the quiet air.

Outside in one of the hallways Bulkhead stood beside a few other Autobots. They were talking about their leader and the former wrecker had something to say about it, "I've never seen Optimus laugh, cry or lose his cool. Probably never will, till the war is over."

Trailbreaker laughed slightly, "I'm sure he does when he's alone! Right?..."

The group of Bots' looked down to their leader's room. He was said to be in recharge, they're journey to Velocitron would take a few cycles. That was one of the last standing Autobot outposts. Their leader hadn't said much about the recent loss of the great Cybertronian capital, Iacon.

Ratchet, who had been standing with the gathered Bots' sighed and shook his helm. As he was about to speak a loud crash came from down the hallway.

"I'll go check it out. You guys should go and have your Energon. We don't need you to be low on it when we arrive on Velocitron," The medic ordered as he walked down the hallway.

The four Autobots swiftly made their way down to the Energon storage. They passed a few others as they made their way down to grab their fuel.

Meanwhile Ratchet was making his way down to his friend's room. There were smaller crashes and shuffling of items. Once he reached the door he knocked a few times.

A muffled voice asked, "Who is it?"

The medic tilted his helm curiously, "It's Ratchet, can I come in?"

There were a few loud pedesteps before the door opened. The room was filled with a calm yellowish light.

"So...Are you o–" Just then a spoon was nearly shoved into his intake. But it was slid into his open intake. Ratchet was very confused but then a small sweet flavor exploded in his intake.

Turning to his left he saw Optimus carrying around a large container. Small in his servos though. He was shaking his helm as he set the container on a counter, "Is that too sweet? I think it's not enough, but then again I've always found Energon sweets not sweet enough till I made my own."

Still visibly shocked, Ratchet licked off the remaining Energon before nodding, "I think it's great." The white and orange-red mech sat down on a chair that was located around a table. Which held a few small tins. That would hold the freshly made snacks.

Optimus sighed, and he carried a bowl over to the table. Carefully pouring the light blue liquid into the tins. His azure optics seemed rather distant.

Ratchet noticed this and moved one full tin away and slid an empty one forward, "How are you holding up?"

"I am, fine old friend. Tired...but fine," The Prime said carefully. As though unsure what to say. The war had been waging for so long, that Optimus had forgotten what it was like to have a normal conversation.

It was always "what now commander?" "What's the plan now?" as well as more questions...

Ratchet and himself had known one another for a long while. Though the medic was slightly older than the Prime. But that didn't change anything between the two. They talked as though they had known each other since sparklinghood.

In a way...they had.

Long before the war had started when Ratchet was a young mech. In a school, he met a younger mech. One who had been taken in by a blacksmith, as his Carrier and Sire had abandoned him when he was a sparkling. This blacksmith, known as Shatterblade, found the sparkling in an abandoned alleyway. The slightly rusted copper and teal mech had quickly taken in this small red and blue sparkling. Who was slightly smaller than most sparklings...after all he was malnourished and hungry.

When Ratchet heard that Shatterblade had a sparkling he had quickly become intrigued. As the blacksmith never had a sparkmate, nor was he one who enjoyed having younglings around.

After the young white and orange-red mech had learned of this he had visited Shatterblade with his Carrier, Ember. Ember's mate, Chainblade was working at the nearby medical center.

He never worked in just one place, but everywhere. When someone was in need of help, Chainblade was always there. Which led to some rather late hours and not much time spent with his family. While Ratchet was around ten stellar cycles old, he knew what he wanted to do when he was older. Be a medic like his Sire.

His thoughts trailed off and before he knew it, himself along with Ember were at Shatterblade's shop. It was both his home and workplace. The aged mech was heating up some high carbon steel. One blade that lay by, a katana suggested he was making a second to go with the first.

Out of the corner of his optics he saw Ember and her sparklet walking up to him. The off white and light orange femme was holding a small blanket in her servos.

"Hello Shatterblade," Her soft voice rang out in the shop.

As the two entered the shop, Ratchet hid behind his Carrier. He was a bit scared of Shatterblade. A aged mech who made weapons, many of the others at school would often make tales about how Shatterblade would chase after young Cybertronians if they never behaved.

"Good day Ember. What brings you to the shop?" Shatterblade removed the carbon steel from the heating chamber and set it aside. He grabbed a cloth and cleaned off his servos with it before throwing the worn towel aside. The older mech looked down and saw Ratchet hiding behind his Carrier, "Hello young one."

"H-hi," The young mech's cheeks flushed blue when he squeaked out the greeting.

Ember chuckled softly before stepping forward, holding out her right servo which held a folded light gray blanket, "I heard what happened. Have you figured out what his designation is?"

Shatter carefully took the blanket and led the two younger Cybertronians into his home. He brought them into a nice quiet room where a small berth lay, "The medical officers said his designation was Orion Pax. And, I know I don't have the right things but I'll get them soon enough."

Ratchet peeked over the berth and saw a small red and blue mech curled up. Gently he grabbed the blanket from Shatterblade and laid it on the small sparkling.

"Are you going to have others watch him? The young mech asked slowly.

Shatter smirked, "Well if you're offering, then I won't say no! I haven't got a clue as to how to even take care of a sparkling."

Ratchet shook his helm slightly and kept his gaze on the resting sparkling, "It's quite simple really. And I'll help you, after I'm finished with school I'll come over. If that's alright Carrier?" The mech turned to his Carrier.

She nodded, and knelt down to her mechlings level, "I have a feeling you two are going to be great friends..."

A small thunk made the medic jump and return to the present. Looking forward he saw his tired friend tap the tins against the table. Releasing any air bubbles that may have been stuck.

His gaze fell to Optimus' left wrist, then to his own. The Prime had a copper mark just below his servo. While Ratchet had an orange and red one. They represented their creators. Or in Optimus' case, adopted Sire.

Those marks were made after their creators had perished. It happened for every other Bot' and Con' too. You were able to have both of their colors on your wrist but the two friends had chosen to have just one.

"What are you thinking about?" Optimus' baritone voice rang out throughout the room. His gaze fell onto Ratchet for a moment as he paused his work.

The medic sighed, "Just about when we were younger..."

That seemed to hit a spot in the Primes processor. His left servo moved to cover the mark on his wrist. His optics closed as his helm lowered.

"Do you remember much? I know the Matrix played some voodoo on you and you forgot some things..."

"I remember Shatterblade. I remember you, school, being pushed around. Everything before I was forced into the middle class. And into the Hall or Records. But...I remember the important things during the war," Optimus replied slowly. A very small and slightly forced chuckle escaped him, "Did I ever tell you what I wanted to do before we were put into the caste system?"

Ratchet tilted his helm slightly, "I don't believe you did."

"I wanted to be a history teacher. To show all the younglings what our world was like before the war would have been amazing."

The medic thought for a moment, "Perhaps that will happen after the war."

A deep sigh left Optimus, "Perhaps," He began tapping the second pan.

Tap!

Tap!

Tap!

.....

Tap!

Tap!

Optimus watched Koda as she finished removing the air bubbles from the two pans. She opened the oven and threw in the two square pans, and set the timer, "Two sets of brownies coming up! One infused with Energon, thanks to you," She smirked as she looked back at her Prime.

The final repairs were being put on Gipsy Eureka. All that was left after that was the paint and new designs. Which Koda would do herself.

She noticed a distant look in Optimus' eye as his holoform sat across from her.

Carefully she grabbed a hold of his right hand and held it gently, "Are you okay?"

The Prime looked up at his mate and nodded slowly, "I was just thinking about something."

"Shatterblade?"

A single nod was all Koda needed before she walked around to the otherside of the table. She began rubbing his back gently. Her hand caught on his black and gray flannel a small bit.

"Sometimes I wonder...what it would have been like, if I was never found. If I had offlined...Ratchet would have had a better relationship with his Sire. Shatterblade would have had a better life. The war would never have started."

Koda's eyes narrowed, "Don't even think about that Peterbilt! You're here for a reason. You forget that sometimes."

The Prime lowered his head onto his crossed arms and sighed, "Why...why did I have to make everything so messed up? Why can't I accomplish Something?"

"You've done nothing wrong. And look around! You've done so much, you've given so much to protect this team," The woman gently ran her hand through her mate's hair. Earning a very small laugh from him, Koda's expression however was serious, "You were chosen to be a Prime for a reason. Primus doesn't make mistakes, he knew you were the right choice."

A sweet aroma started to fill the air slightly.

Outside a certain mech was leaning against the Shatterdome's wall. His visor flashing bright and dark blue.

Bumblebee was passing by when he heard his Sire and Carrier talking. He also spotted Chromedome. The mech looked off color, not his usual off white and orange. Rather it was faded and had a gray tint to it.

"Are you okay?" The black and yellow mech asked, slowly stepping up to the neurosurgeon.

Chromedome shook his helm before looking at Bee, "I am well. Just thinking..."

"About that sweet smell?" The younger mech chuckled and looked at the small door down on the ground.

Domey nodded but it wasn't the truth. Though he was curious as to what the nice smell was. It seemed to be growing slightly stronger. The two mechs continued conversing.

A little ways away, Starscream was watching Chromedome. A devilish grin on his faceplate.

Soon about thirty minutes had passed.

"Don't touch them! You need some ice cream to go with that," Koda scolded Bumblebee's holoform.

The young mech scooted away from the table and nodded. Waiting for his turn to grab the bowl which held a brownie. He frowned slightly, and looked around at the Bots' who had a brownie of their own, as did the humans. Which was everyone aside from the Cons'.

Koda scooped out some ice cream and set it in the bowl with Bee's brownie. She put a spoon in it and handed the white container to the slightly pouting holoform.

"There you go lil Bee," The woman gently patted the mech's shoulder as he took the bowl and started eating the treat.

"Thank you!"

"Your welcome," Koda chuckled softly as she returned to the table. She grabbed her own bowl and began eating the brownie and ice cream. Gazing around at everyone she turned to Optimus. He was eating the ice cream first. However there was a small bit of the brownie missing.

The mech seemed to be mixing the ice cream around, making it soft before he ate it. He noticed Koda observing him, "What?" he asked through the bond.

"You've gotta make the treat next time. Sire has told me a lot about your Energon Sweets," Koda smirked as she cut a piece of her brownie off.

"They're nothing! Really, just something that I enjoyed making..."

As the woman was about to say more there was a small crash which caught everyone's attention. Looking over at Chromedome they saw that he had dropped his bowl, and his holoform was fizzling in and out of existence. His eyes were shut tight and he held the sides of his head.

"Are you okay Chromedome?" Smokescreen asked nervously.

The nemosurgeons holoform fizzled out of existence. Which made the other Autobots follow. Optimus gestured for Koda to keep back before he transformed.

There were a few ear trembling cracks and pops before a loud roar erupted inside of the Anchorage Shatterdome.

Koda peeked outside into the main area and froze.

Chromedome's armor was torn up and cracked. But blue ooze was leaking from the cracks, large tentacles stuck out of the mech. His mask flew off and his intake was cracked and broken. His visor was a dark blue mixed with a bright blue.

As the Autobots transformed the nemosurgeon twitched and went for the first bot in front of him, Bumblebee...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Hello, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I know this one was a bit strange but as I said in the beginning, I needed to vent.
And I did, which felt nice.

Anyways, I hope you guys are doing well!!

YOU ARE AMAZING!!
DON'T FORGET THAT!!

love ya🩵
-brook

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 187 13
Jack Darby's family has a long history of helping people, but his father's side of the family has a long history of being... well, slightly insane. J...
51.8K 1.7K 43
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."- Master Oogway --- ~ BOOK 1 OF THE LIGHTBLADE SERIES Fate sometimes leads us to vario...
555 35 4
On a planet known as Cybertronians, beings known as Cybertronians, Intelligent robots that could think and feel inhabited the cities. Split into two...
21.8K 604 28
Let's see where the road of both Pacific Rim and Transformers Prime leads my brain shall we? Koda Shank is a pilot. Though the Jaeger program was dis...