Mind of Steel | Part two | L...

By MayLarie10

~Book Dedication~ Even in hard times, there is still light. That could be a person, a place, a hobby or even... More

Disclaimer
LX
Instagram (103)
Instagram (104)
LXI
Instagram (105)
Instagram (106)
LXII
Instagram (107)
Instagram (108)
LXIII
Instagram (109)
Instagram (110)
LXIV
Instagram (111)
Instagram (112)
LXV
Instagram (113)
Instagram (114)
LXVI
Instagram (115)
Instagram (116)
LXVII
Instagram (117)
Instagram (118)
LXVIII
Instagram (119)
Instagram (120)
LXIX
Instagram (121)
Instagram (122)
LXX
Instagram (123)
Instagram (124)
LXXI
Instagram (125)
Instagram (126)
LXXII
Instagram (127)
Instagram (128)
LXXIII
Instagram (129)
Instagram (130)
LXXIV
Instagram (131)
Instagram (132)
LXXV
Instagram (133)
Instagram (134)
LXXVI
Instagram (135)
Instagram (136)
LXXVII
Instagram (137)
Instagram (138)
LXXVIII
Instagram (139)
Instagram (140)
LXXIX
Instagram (141)
Instagram (142)
LXXX
LXXXI
Instagram (143)
LXXXII
Instagram (144)
LXXXIII
Instagram (145)
Instagram (146)
LXXXIV
Instagram (147)
LXXXV
Instagram (148)
Instagram (149)
LXXXVI
Instagram (150)
Instagram (151)
LXXXVII
Instagram (152)
LXXXVIII
Instagram (153)
LXXXIX
Instagram (154)
XC
Instagram (155)
XCI
Instagram (156)
XCII
Instagram (157)
XCIII
Instagram (158)
XCIV
Instagram (159)
XCV
Instagram (160)
XCVI
Instagram (161)
XCVII
Instagram (162)
XCVIII
Instagram (163)
XCIX
Instagram (164)
C
Instagram (165)
CI
Instagram (166)
CII
Instagram (167)
CIII
Instagram (168)
CIV
Instagram (169)
CV
Instagram (170)
CVI
Instagram (171)
Instagram (172)
CVIII
Instagram (173)
Instagram (174)
CIX
Instagram (175)
Instagram (176)
CX
Instagram (177)
Instagram (178)
CXI
Instagram (179)
CXII
Instagram (180)
CXIII
Instagram (181)
Instagram (182)
CXIV
CXVI
CXV
Instagram (183)
Instagram (184)
Instagram (185)
Instagram (186)

CVII

502 13 0
By MayLarie10

"Do you want me to travel with you?" Leah asked. Lando was finishing up his packing from the hotel room.

"Um, yes," Lando smiled at her. "Why, do you not wanna go?" Leah was sitting on the bed in front of him so he put his hand on either side of her face kissing her lightly. "If you don't want ot go you don't have to go"

"Lan," Leah gripped his wrists lightly rubbing her thumb over his skin. "Do you want it to be a boy's trip is what I'm asking? I know you haven't seen Martin in a while and there will be no other females there." Leah watched Lando shake his head, but she already knew what her answer was going to be. "Alright, well I'm putting my foot down, my love, you will go on a boy's trip and then return home to me and Pippin." Leah kissed the plan of his hand as she turned to zip up his suitcase.

"Leah, I don't want to leave you though, that's awful, it's the start of a vacation and I don't like being away from you anyway," Lando reasoned as he watched her put his suitcase on the carpet and push it toward the wall.

"I know, but maybe it would be for the best and we spent every single day together," Leah turned and slid her hands to his waist as he gave her a sad look. "I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but maybe we should just show people that we can have time apart."

"Fine," Lando sighed as he brushed her hair behind her shoulders. "But I'm not going to enjoy it and I will only be gone for a little while. We have to go to London right after I get back anyway." Leah nodded and gave him a big smile.

"I know," Leah muttered.

"Are you going to be able to sleep while I'm gone?" He asked. Leah didn't like sleeping alone after she'd been in the same bed with him for so long. She didn't sleep well when she was younger, she'd gotten insomnia from her mom and her stress. ever since she started dating Lando she would sleep better with him there.

"Yeah," Leah nodded. "And if not, I will go pass out at Cassidy's home." Lando nodded as he kissed her forehead.

"Okay, but you can always call me as well, you know that right?" He laughed at his own joke as he moved toward his luggage. Leah grabbed hers as well.

"I know that, but I won't get in your Djing time, just check in with me," Leah reasoned as she grabbed her coat and the hotel room key. they checked out of the hotel and met up with Max outside. They were all riding to the airport together since Lando and Max were getting on the same plane together.

"You will call me right?" Lando whispered. Leah smiled and put her hand on his thigh.

"Yes, I will call you, now relax, you boys are going to have a fun time," Leah reasoned as she turned toward Max. "Take care of him please."

"I will, but you won't tell Lando took keep a watch on me," Max put a hand on his heart. 'I'm offended."

"Fine," Leah smiled and looked at Lando. "Keep Max out of jail and don't forget him at a gas station."

"That was mean," Max muttered as he looked out of the window. Lando coughed as he tried to cover up his laugh. Leah just smiled proudly as they arrived at the airport. The three drivers got out. Leah let the boys go over to Martin and catch up while she unloaded the car and got her bags checked in. After she made her way over to the boys.

"Hey, my plane is boarding, I've gotta go," She tugged on Lando's wrist.

"I will you over there," He smiled and took her hand. She gave Martin a small wave as they walked toward her gate. "Be safe, I love you." He gave her a hug, his hand gently resting on the back of her head.

"I love you most, you be safe as well, I mean it, Pippin, and I will be waiting for you to get back," Leah smiled at her back. The small cat was sleeping in his carrier that she had slung across her back.

"I know, I know," Lando smiled as he kissed her. She could see flashes near them but decided to ignore them. "Be safe." Leah walked away until her hand left his as she walked toward the boarding doors. She gave him a small smile and then disappeared as they shut the door.

"She will be fine, you are only gone for a few days," Max urged as he patted Lando's back a few times. Lando didn't want to explain that he felt like something was wrong. That she was hiding something from him. He hated being away from her because he knew that something bad could happen and if he wasn't there it would break him. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep well without her curled up next to him.

-----

Once Leah was home she let Pippin out of his carrier and left her luggage at the door. She went to the cabinet and grabbed a bottle of wine opened it and took several sips from the bottle. She'd texted Cassidy on her way home asking her if she wanted to come over for a bit, but Cassidy was back in the US visiting her mother. Leah decided that she was going to start a  stream from her phone while she unpacked.

She set her phone up as people started to join. She walked around with the bottle of wine as she walked around Pippin.

"Sorry baby, I just didn't want to crush you," Leah laughed as she grabbed her bag. She leaned close to her phone and then looked at the bottle. "I don't want to do dishes that's why I'm drinking from the bottle." She laughed and took another long gulp. She brought the phone with her to the bedroom and set it up as she started unpacking. "So I'm bored and no Lando isn't home with me yet."

"What am I doing here already? Well," Leah laughed a little. "All my family is dead. so I don't really have anyone to visit with do I." She laughed a little as she threw her old clothes into the closet. She overpacks so some of the clothes in the suitcase were still good. "You know I need some music, but I'm not in an upbeat mood. I need some Adele and Lana. They really hit the soul. Oh! Or Billie Eilish's new song for the Barbie movie, which," Leah leaned close to her phone. "I made Lando watch by the way and he was so Barbie." She giggled as she covered her mouth. She heard a knock on her front door and furrowed her brows. "No one's home!" She yelled, but the knocking continued. "Oh, my god." She sighed and grabbed her phone as she stumbled out of the doorway. "I almost just fucking ate shit." She laughed. "Sorry to all the kids that joined, I'm so sorry." She whispered as she laughed. she walked down the stairs and opened the door.

"Hello Leah," Mark smiled.

"Mark," She sighed as she leaned against the doorway, her hand slipping away a little.

"Are you drunk?" He asked. Leah just pursed her lips and looked past him.

"What do you want? Cassidy is in the States," Leah reasoned as she slid the phone into her back pocket since her hand was cramping up from holding it.

"I know, I came to ask you for another favor," Mark added. Leah tried to shut the door on him. She'd heard it close behind her, so she moved up the stairs, but he opened it back up. "Oh come on Leah!"

"Get out of my fucking house!" Leah yelled back at him as she rushed up the stairs. "Mark, I do not want you here."

"Leah, just hear me out, please," Mark begged as he shut the door behind him and followed after Leah. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and stared at the screen.

"No, Mark, I told you to leave," Leah glared at him as she gripped the edge of the counter making sure she didn't fall.

"Come on Leah, I thought we were friends," Mark sighed as he moved a little closer to her. Leah stumbled back hitting her back on the countertop as she dropped her phone. "Woah, woah! Relax, relax!" Mark yelled at her.

"Mark, please just leave, I do not have time to deal with you right now," Leah reasoned as she picked up her phone and saw everyone asking if she was alright. "I'm great." She smiled.

"Are you live?" Mark asked as he appeared over her shoulder.

"Mark, I told you to get out of my house," Leah moved away from him and down the hall, but he wouldn't leave her alone. "I can't do anything for you man."

"Leah, come on don't be like this," Mark pleaded as she slammed her bedroom door in his face and locked the door. Pippin was sleeping in her suitcase so she knew he was safe, but she grabbed the bottle of wine and drank some more. She was more than halfway done with it by herself. "It was a shame when I heard about your medical condition!" He yelled through the door causing Leah to drop her phone. She went to look for it under her bed, but Mark kept yelling. "And your retirement too that sucks!" She unlocked the door and yanked it open.

"Shut the fuck up!" Leah yelled at him as he smiled.

"You still on live?" He asked as he looked into her room. She shoved him back making him hit the wall.

"What is your fucking problem, huh, I got you what you wanted, now fucking leave me alone!" She shoved him again toward her door. "I don't have time for this and you are going to start shit I don't need! It is my fucking summer break and you will not ruin this for me! Get the fuck out of my house before I throw you out." She threatened as she glared at him. She was by no means sober, but she would do anything to get him out.

"Fine I will come back when you are sober, you are such an alcoholic," He scoffed as he shook his head. "No wonder you couldn't get pregnant." He smiled as he rushed down the stairs. Leah grabbed the lamp on the couchside table and threw it at him, but he closed the door.

"Fuck you!" She screamed as she ran her hands through her hair. She covered her mouth as she started to sob a little. She tried to stop herself from crying, but the angry tears were still there. She went back into her room and shut the door behind her as she cried to herself. She still didn't grab her phone, so everyone on the live heard her slight sobs. Lando had heard everything since he joined the live as soon as she started it.

After a few minutes, there was a knock on Leah's front door, but she didn't get up to answer it. Instead, she started searching for her phone once again, since she heard the people chatting and giving her gifts. She wiped her face and grabbed the phone seeing that her screen was cracked.

"Aw I fucking broke my phone," She wiped her eyes again.

"Leah?" Alex called as he stepped in making sure Lily was careful of the shattered lamp just behind the door.

"Is Alex at my home?" Leah asked as she crawled to the door and opened it seeing Alex and Lily walking in. Leah stood up and wiped her eyes. "Hey," She smiled and ended her live.

"Are you okay?" Lily asked as she came forward with her arms extended. She wrapped Leah in her embrace.

"I'm okay, what are you both doing here?" Leah asked as she looked at a worried Alex. He had his phone pressed to his ear.

"Lando has been trying to call you, but you wouldn't answer and he heard the live," Alex reasoned as he extended the phone to her. She took it.

"Are you alright baby?" Lando asked. "I will be home soon, I'm sorry I should never have left you alone." Leah's face broke when she heard his voice.

"No, no, no," Leah swallowed her sob as tears streamed down her cheeks. Lily rubbed her back soothingly. "Please don't, I'm perfectly fine, I'm fine, I swear, I was just thinking about stuff," She laughed a little. "If you come home early, I won't let you into the house just so you know." She smiled as she heard Lando laugh a little. "I'm serious though Lando, I'm fine, please enjoy your boy's trip."

"I love you, Leah," Lando breathed. She could hear music in the background.

"I love you too, now go enjoy your Djing," She laughed as she passed the phone back to Alex. He stepped away and muttered things to Lando quickly.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Lily asked her. "Who was that man?"

"No one, I am fine though, I swear," Leah wiped her eyes as she couldn't stop the tears from falling. "You both should go, I don't mean for you to take care of me, I'm fine, I'm not even that drunk." She laughed.

"At least let us clean up and maybe make you something to eat, Leah," Alex reasoned as he moved toward the bottom of the stairs picking up the glass pieces.

"No I'm serious you guys don't have to, I made the mess I can clean it up," Leah reasoned as she grabbed the trash can and went after him, but instead she tripped.

"Leah," Lily knelt down beside her and put the trashcan back up as she held the blonde girl who couldn't help but cry.

"I really wish you would just leave, leave me alone with this," Leah sobbed as she covered her face.

"Come on," Lily muttered to Leah as she helped her up. Leah didn't want them to see her cry so she covered her face. Alex picked up the broken lamp and then searched for her vacuum so he could clean up the small shards. Lily put Leah in her bed and took the bottle of wine from her room as Pippin followed.

"Lily," Leah muttered as she watched her stop in the doorway.

"Yeah?" Lily gave her a small smile.

"Please don't tell Lando about this whole mess, please," Leah begged as she sniffled. Lily smiled at Leah and gave her a small nod before walking down the hall. Pippin followed and waited for Lily to feed him. Then she made Leah a sandwich for later. After both of them finished cleaning up they went in to say goodbye, but Leah was already passed out. She was curled into a ball with the covers pulled up to her head. Alex sent Lando a quick text saying she was fine, just a little drunk before they left, and made sure her door was locked this time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 406 28
Elena Laurier grew up dreaming of one day becoming a Formula 1 racing driver, but in the unfortunate world of today, participating in such a male-dom...
16K 422 15
ɪʀʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴀʙʟᴇ - ɪᴍᴘᴏꜱꜱɪʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ɪꜰ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇᴅ In the high-stakes world of Formula One racing, Isabella Maria Romero is breaking records an...
32.7K 670 23
Tamera Ricciardo has all she's ever wanted. She's a lawyer, she loves her son, Leo, she's an influencer and more. There's just two things she doesn't...
17.1K 446 40
Book 2: Driver Her Insane Series __ F1 AU __ A sequel to Lock-Up. Carlos' decision to leave Ferrari has not been working out well. Ever since the...