Love On The Brain

By SerityPsychic21

Smart Matilda Jiang had just switched high schools from Boise to Idaho City. There in Preston High School, sh... More

Chapter 1: Simple But Not
Chapter 2: Mean Cheerleaders
Chapter 3: Ugly Duckling
Chapter 4: Geniuses
Chapter 5: Defender
Chapter 6: When You Love Someone
Chapter 7: Aunt's House
Chapter 8: Imagination
Chapter 10: Exam Bet
Chapter 11: Bond With You
Chapter 12: Special Day
Chapter 13: His Confession
Chapter 14: Unspoken Connection
Chapter 15: Date In His House
Chapter 16: Unreciprocated
Chapter 17: Kidnapped
Chapter 18: Love Right Where We Are (Final)

Chapter 9: The Dream

17 5 4
By SerityPsychic21

A week had passed and everything was filled with responsibilities and planning. Matilda and her parents were having breakfast together and they talked about going shopping. She thought the idea was ridiculous because she's never been the type of girl who shops for materialistic purposes. However, her parents will convince her to come with them because her brother Richie is coming home from university.

Matilda's mom: We're going shopping this afternoon. You should come with us, Matilda.

Matilda's dad: We'll buy you anything you like. Doesn't have to be anything extravagant.

Matilda: No, thanks...I have so much work to do for school. I also have an exam to study for Physics 2...

Matilda: Might wanna focus on that instead.

Matilda's mom: Just this once. You work way too hard for school...

Matilda's mom: You won't fall behind if you have fun for once in a while. Don't wanna study too much to the point your brain becomes fried, right?

Matilda's dad: On top of that, your brother Richie will be coming home today...

Matilda's dad: He's been at uni for almost 3 months and is burned out. Today would be a good time for all of us.

Matilda's dad: You and him both need to relax your heads and broaden your senses.

Matilda's mom: We'll be picking him up at the airport at 11. He told us his flight will arrive 40 minutes later.

Matilda: Did you just say Richie is coming back? I really missed his company!

Matilda: If you say so, I will go shopping with you this time.

Today was a tedious day for Patrick. He had to get up really early for basketball practice and he stayed at school for 2 hours until it was over. When he arrived home, he was super tired and decided to sleep for a bit. He flopped right down on his bed without changing into his sleepwear and sleeping with socks on.

Patrick: I'm so worn out...I hate how I had to wake up earlier than I usually wake up on the weekends.

Patrick: Practice is bumming me out...I should get some rest and nap for a bit.

When he fell asleep, he found himself sitting in a taxi car and was late for his wedding with Matilda. Their families were supposedly waiting for him, and the driver turned out to be no other than Isaac, but Patrick had no idea who he was.

Patrick: Hey, driver! Can't you drive a little faster? You're moving slow like a turtle!

Patrick: So many cars are ganging up on you...I'm gonna be late for my wedding!

Isaac: Well, this is how far my car can go...What do you want me to do?

Isaac: Get into an accident on the highway? Not gonna do that.

Isaac: If you were in a hurry, why didn't you get ready early this morning?

Patrick: Are you kidding me? You have a bunch of space in front of you...

Patrick: You really can't speed up? God, you're so f**king useless and rude!

Patrick: He thought to himself. Matilda, I'm gonna be there eventually. Even when I'm late...

Finally, they arrived at the large beige plaza.

Patrick: He said to himself as he ran. I bet they're waiting for me...I can't believe it's 2:30 already.

But this wasn't the wedding ceremony he expected himself to run into. The wedding guests were total strangers and his main family wasn't among them.

Patrick: He said to himself. Huh? I don't recognize these people...Who are they?

Patrick: On the inside. I never invited them...Where is my family and future-in laws?

Patrick: On the inside. Where are my parents, Erica, Kyle, and my aunt?

While he was wondering about her whereabouts, he finally saw Matilda. But she wasn't alone. At the altar, she was swearing her vows with another man. He had chestnut brown hair, but wore the same wedding tuxedo as him. It was Greg.

Patrick: Walked up to Matilda and Greg. Matilda, why is Greg here? I thought we were getting married...

Matilda: We were, but you were so late. So I'm marrying Greg instead...He just gave me the most gorgeous ring I've ever seen.

Greg: Yeah, dude. I'm gonna be her husband instead. You don't have a chance anymore.

Greg: If you're here to ruin the wedding, you should go.

Patrick: No, please...Matilda!

He woke up with a start.

Patrick: On the inside. Why was Greg there in my dream? He and she are never gonna happen...

Patrick: On the inside. I don't want her to be with somebody else...

His mom entered his room to talk to him about Kyle.

Patrick's mom: Got back from practice did you, Patrick? I was gonna call on you, but you were asleep...

Patrick's mom: But I was gonna tell you that Kyle called earlier.

Patrick: Oh what did he say?

Patrick's mom: He and Amira are going shopping today at Palouse Mall...

Patrick's mom: He wanted to know if you are free.

Patrick's mom: You should call him back to let him know.

Patrick: Sure, mom. I will.

At 12pm, Matilda's family greeted their son Richie at the center of the airport. He came down from the elevator stairs carrying his black luggage. He wore his uni's mascot sweatshirt and dark jeans.

Matilda's mom: She greeted him with a hug. So good to see you again, honey...We're so glad you made it here on time.

Matilda's dad: It's been 3 months since we sent you off for university. Must be very busy for you.

Matilda: I didn't expect you to return today, Richie. But I'm very happy you did.

Matilda: She noticed his sweatshirt. Is that the mascot of your university? I love huskies.

Richie: Yup, it is. They were sold for free on my first day there...

Richie: I'm happy to see you too, Matilda. I also missed my little dreamy scientist sister.

Matilda's mom: Shall we all go home and have a talk about things first?

Richie: Definitely. I'm dreading being at home again.

After picking Richie up from the airport, everyone went home because Richie needed to unpack his belongings and they all sat down near the table again to talk. Matilda's parents were asking Richie about how his overall experience is and when he's planning to do an internship.

Matilda's dad: So, Richie. Do you have anything to say about your adjustment to uni and major?

Matilda's dad: It's good for Matilda to know too.

Richie: Well, electrical engineering sounds a little complicated. Electric circuits are somewhat hard to mess with.

Richie: All my classes in fall semester are weed-out classes. Exams are taken at 8pm during the night and they're worth 60-75% of your grade.

Matilda: Wow, that's very tough and almost no room for breath.

Richie: Yeah, you need to be prepared and not procrastinate at all.

Richie: But I still have time to think about switching to a new major in the liberal arts department.

Richie: My second option would be data science. Courses seem a lot more doable.

Matilda's mom: That's okay. Don't be too hard on yourself. Life isn't fun for a university student.

Matilda's mom: Exams were a pain back in our days.

Matilda: Are you going to apply for an internship this summer, Richie?

Richie: I don't know...maybe. I have to finish my résumé first. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 75.1K 48
Meet Lana. A professional third wheel at her finest. You would think being the school's power couple third wheel has its perks. But really, she's...
175K 4.3K 48
What happens when at Gracetown high, a Greek God Math teacher joins, and then tortures poor Emerald? Emerald and Jacob, get together in their awesome...
5K 289 39
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
273K 6.9K 40
17 year old Athena Jennings has always been the ugly duckling of her family. She's accepted it. The kids at school haven't. She's constantly being bu...