Chance - Natasha Romanoff

By ChanKrea

"We met by chance; it was the greatest chance I have ever received in my life." Irmina König, a German that... More

Cast
Part one
I : Strange Encounters
II : New Beginnings
III : Friend & Acquaintance
IV : Family
V : Familiarity
VI : Somewhat Trouble
VII : Morning Ruined
VIII : Gone Wrong
VIIII : Safety Net
X : Bullseye
XI : Together
XII : Mayday
XIII : Dirty
XIV : Lieutenant General König
XV : Comfort
XVI : Drinks
XVII : Not So Secret
XVIII : Her Princess
XVIIII : Soon you'll get better
XX : Perfect
XXI : Angels Like You
XXII : missin something
XXIII : Iron Man
XXIV : The Beach
XXV: Like Real People Do
XXVI : traitor
part two
XXVII : The Avengers [part one]
XXVIII : The Avengers [final part]
XXVIIII : constellations
XXX : Monster
XXXI : The Great Gig in the Sky
XXXII : Cynically Sweet
XXXIII : im yours
XXXIV : Home

XXI : Eyes don't lie

513 25 1
By ChanKrea

i apologise for the typos and the incorrect if there is any.

21st September 2010

Irmina let out a loud groan as she entered her office. Aki came out after feeling someone's presence and protected Irmina immediately. The person sat in the chair and raised their hands when Irmina pointed a gun at them, switching on the lights of her office

"It's me."

"Romanov." Irmina quickly rushed over to the Russian after seeing the bloody hands. Natasha smiled weakly at Irmina before passing out in her arms. Irmina lightly pushed her back into the chair, walking normally to switch off the lights. And Irmina walked out of the room, just in case someone was watching. Before she appeared in the office again a couple of minutes later, she needed to make sure that she was not on base anymore and that her motorcycle is back home. "Okay, let's get you home."

With the ability to travel in the shadows, Irmina was home within seconds. Natasha was lying on her bed and Spritz was ready to patch her up with Wolf Irmina already ensured that there were no trackers on her meanwhile Kaiser scanned the place while Meyer was on the roof of the apartment building, scanning the entire area with Ossy. Karl and Richard took positions by the windows, looking out. Aki soon joined the two on the roof. Bruno took charge as Irmina send out the shadows, enough, to cover the entire New York.

Irmina left Natasha in the safety of her home and went to get her motorcycle which was parked in a random parking lot. She quickly went to do an evening grocery shopping and rushed home afterwards, may or may not have broken some speed limit.

"How is she doing?"

"Better, just knocked out cold."

"Good good."

Irmina restocked her groceries before going to check on Natasha while her shadows kept watch. Could never be too safe. She manoeuvred around her room as quietly as she could which she excel at and took a shower.

Once she was out, Natasha was still knocked out from exhaustion. Irmina smiled at the Redhead and pulled the blanket over her body. Natasha reacted and grabbed her arm tightly, pulling her closer to Natasha.

"It's me! It's me. Your—it's König."

"It's you."

"Yeah, hi."

"Hello—" Natasha groaned before cursing in Russian under her breath while Irmina make her pillows more comfortable for the younger woman. The water from her hair dripped onto Natasha's skin, that calmed her down.

"You're okay, you're with me and you're safe."

"I can't—"

"I can make you something to eat. I'm sure you're hungry—Okay then." Irmina carried Natasha off the bed, making her yelp in surprise while she just laughed. "Be a pretty princess."

"Irmina," Natasha huffed, crossing her arms while Irmina carried her to the living room.

Aki let out an exhale, feeling the joy Irmina was feeling. Every shadow could feel what Irmina felt which was honestly really strange. Meyer smiled at her, seeing that smile.

"She's falling in love."

Ossy straightens up, catching a glimpse of something on his scope. Meyer slides over to check while Aki watched their backs, her bow already in hand.

Irmina is fairly terrifying and very hard, almost impossible, to fight against if the woman utilised all of what she learned about her powers. But she only uses the knowledge they have.

All the things she knew, it wasn't taught by her father but the killings he made her endure ever since Irmina was a successful experiment.

The doctors, the scientists and the greatest strategists and many more genius minds she had killed have forgiven her for when she cut their lives short. They decided to teach her everything they know and Irmina being the genius curiously she was, she is forever grateful for their teachings.

She had learned how to operate on herself whenever she find herself with a nasty and deep wound. She had learned to hack into the highest level of securities or even make new technologies for her use. She had learned how to read people better.

Irmina listened to their ramblings about their studies in return and let them see the world with her. Even allowed them to have goodbyes to their families.

The assassins, mercenaries and soldiers have the modern weapons as Irmina dabbled whenever she had the chance. A lot have stuck to their weapons, like Aki who has stuck to her bows and another stuck to his blades.

Hell, she learned how to swim from a naval soldier she killed back in World War 2.

Right at this moment, Irmina has help from a French chef that just wants to cook with her despite her not needing any help.

"This is Fleur, she's here every time I cook—"

"So you have never cooked by yourself."

"Hey! I do! She's always here!"

"She indeed cooks by herself and I like to be here every time she cooks, with other chefs too."

"Wait, why did you kill chefs?"

"I didn't."

"I found my way here. The afterlife sucks if you have nowhere to go and are alone."

"Well, now you are crowded."

"My god, you need to use your imaginary to create a town for us or something."

"That's too much work."

Irmina received a glare from the French and took over with the cooking while an Italian Doctor spawned in, in front of Natasha which frightened her. He apologised before asking if he could check on her injuries while Irmina argued in the kitchen.

Whatever Ossy saw, was a false alarm, it was just some teenagers running around while adults are slowly returning from work after a few other shadows confirmed it. Believe it or not, the area where Irmina lived had gotten a lot safer. No one dared to do stupid shit or cause any trouble after finding out a three-star general was their neighbour. They also met said neighbours who were invited to many parties but didn't have the time to go.

All shadows turned invisible except for Irmina when there was a knocking on her door.

"Guten Abend!"

"Guten Abend, Bernadette." Irmina returns the greeting before offering for them to come in because that's what good neighbours do. This was the old grandma down the hall that lives with her granddaughter, who is hiding behind her and very shy. "Anything to drink?"

"Water is fine and Anna?"

"Um—"

"Don't worry I won't bite," Irmina joked as she handed Natasha her sweater. "This is Natasha, a friend and these are my neighbours, Bernadette and Adele."

"Oragensaft?" Anna asked Irmina, the older woman gestured for her to follow her to the kitchen while Bernadette handed her granddaughter a dessert, Irmina had invited the two over since Bernadette's health have been deteriorating lately. She had been taking care of the two a lot.

Adele helped herself with the juice while Irmina went back to cooking. The kid is barely 13 but is more mature than an 18-year-old. Irmina put Adele on the island beside Natasha while Bernadette was handed a glass of water.

"My brother?"

"Right here."

Bruno hugged Bernadette and winked at his grandniece. Anna ran to hug his legs while Irmina smiled to herself before Natasha joined her side. The Russian nudged on the German who only rolled her eyes at the younger woman.

"What?"

"Nothing."

Irmina let Natasha have the first taste and she rolled her eyes, moaning at how good it was. The older woman shrugged with a smile, finishing up with a few touches before plating it. Bruno played with Anna the moment she got full but not too full if not Irmina wouldn't even let her play. Natasha stuck close to Irmina the entire night. She didn't want to leave the German's side.

|~|

Irmina is the definition of the rich older woman that works all the time. Natasha was trying to find Irmina because she had trouble sleeping, only to find her in the office, working through stacks of paperwork that were not supposed to be for the eyes of a civilian, especially a foreign one who is also an excellent spy Irmina respects.

"Close your eyes."

Natasha did just that without a second thought while Irmina shuts the files and her computer before she walked to Natasha in complete silence. She brushed the red strands of hair from her pale face and tilt her chin up.

"Trouble sleeping, Natasha?"

"I think I prefer you calling me Natalia."

"I do too but I want to annoy you and make you hate me."

"I already do."

"And yet you find me when you can't sleep."

"You said you will help me, Lieutenant General."

"I did. But you interrupted me when I'm doing paperwork, darling."

"Come on, Irmina—I have insomnia."

"Oh, baby—ah!" Natasha twisted Irmina's arm and let it go while Irmina gave her an unimpressed look.

"Don't call me baby."

"Oh, baby."

"Stop it."

"No baby."

:) (:

Natasha might get used to this. Waking to an empty bed but the moment she entered the living room, Irmina was working out. Doing Calisthenics, in shorts and a compression shirt.

"Breakfast on the counter." Irmina managed out before losing balance with her arms and fell from her handstand. Natasha peeked her head out from the kitchen, to find Irmina just laying on the ground. "Just hating myself—you can have breakfast on the sofa."

Natasha grabbed her plate of food, she stared at the single dirty dish and utensils in the sink and wanted to wash them. But Irmina let out a long groan and Natasha hurry up into the living room and found out a way. Her work phone was ringing.

"You can leave, you know?"

"And leave my princess? No." The older woman said, checking the phone and realise it was some two-star general calling her while Natasha rolled her eyes at the nickname (She likes it). They know the deal, anyone lower than her rank or anyone she didn't allow this special treatment, goes through Marlene. "I don't even have anything on the calendar and I took leave."

Irmina snapped her phone in half, carefully so that the sim card doesn't get destroyed. Irmina rolled her eyes again when her phone rang.

"Morgen, Hauptmann."

"School shooting turned hostage situation, also terrorist attack, they asked for us. Berlin—" Irmina put the Captain on speaker before rushing to her room while Marlene listed out everything they know and Natasha eat her breakfast silently. Irmina was out of her room with her combat uniform, the top unbuttoned. "—Ma'am, I think you should change the calling policy."

"Get the chopper ready and I know." Irmina had a complaint and swearing session while Natasha held back her laugh and watched the tattoos go along the scars on her neck. She always wondered how did the pretty face not get scars and why Irmina never covered up her scars. "Natasha, tell me everything."

Irmina continue to run around the house to get her thing and guns, also her katanas, carefully wrapped and hidden, sort of, despite rarely using them as a soldier of this time. Natasha explained every detail, knowing what exactly Irmina wanted from her.

"I'll come back as soon as I can but I'll leave Fleur and Bruno."

"What?" Irmina was out of the door and locking it as fast as she could. Bruno and Fleur appeared by her sides, which spooked her out a little too much.

"You have ghosts as a company."

"Oh yeah, she can do that."

"Every time we went on missions together, Irmina has one to every Agent as a safety precaution," Bruno informed as he eyed the tv and Natasha navigate through the channels until she found one where Bruno and Fleur seemed to enjoy together.

[]—[]

"Sir! Don't!" Irmina ran after a father that wanted to run into the school to save his sons but Irmina can't let that happen. She sent a few of her shadows in to assess the situation while also using everything the military have. Her Commandos and the GSG9 were ready at her command while she read the blueprint of the university grounds. "I am sorry but I can't let you run in even if I wanted to."

"I lost my wife! I can't lose my sons too," he manages as he slowly decent to the ground in Irmina's arms. Law enforcement watched, trying to get ahold of their emotions and watched Irmina showing nothing. They guessed she just compartmentalise better than everyone else.

"I know, I got it—Kobra, be ready," Irmina said into her comms.

"Yes, Ma'am. Two on the west wing."

"Alpha, go in." She heard the confirmation from the squad leader while she looked over to the police's special forces and they got the signal, running over. Irmina quickly explain that she wanted them to follow a plan, specifically just saving the hostages. "Kobra, three on the roof."

Irmina barely dodged a bullet through her head. The GSG9 covered her body, and would gladly risk their life for the one who have done something, instead of waiting around. Irmina pushed them away as quickly as possible before with the marksmanship skills she hated, she took out one and the other two were taken out by her lovely sniper, Kobra.

"Don't do that again."

"We are just protecting you."

"I'm in combat gear, don't worry about it. And no one should die under my command." Irmina made sure there is no room for debate as she send another squad in. They need to hurry up with the rescue, they already took five of them out. Then they heard shouting from the fourth floor.

"Take one more step, she's dead!"

"Okay! Okay. Alpha, back out." Irmina raised her hands and walked closer, looking everywhere. She heard the team's distress for not going in but she ignored and ordered one more time. The Lieutenant General ordered the special forces to relax and lower their guns. "Tell me what you want."

"What everyone wants in situations like this. A vehicle and us walking out alive."

"Ok, that is possible. Let her go, in exchange for us to give you all those things."

He shrugged and pushed the girl, letting her run to Irmina. The high-authority woman waited for the university student to run out of the doors while she had a stare down at the, she supposed the leader, shooter before the girl crashed into her and hold on very tightly. The GSG9s surrounded the two as Irmina walked backwards slowly, holding onto the sobbing and terrified student. The Lieutenant General removed her bulletproof vest and placed it on the young woman.

"Okay, I need you to tell me—"

"You should be wearing this, not me."

"Oh darling, I don't value my life right now as much as I do yours." The student wanted to say something but Irmina made her look into her eyes, as she smiled and waited, fixing her hair and face. "So, tell me everything you saw and hear, okay darling?"

The terrified student spoke in detail while Irmina listened and already planning with the information from her shadows as well. The cops and special forces couldn't believe how easily and quickly she was with strategies. No one could do that in seconds.

Irmina paid attention to her surroundings. Parents were held back by law enforcement as they screamed for their children. Friends begging, using all their strengths to do everything to save their friends but eventually was caught by the Lieutenant General. Professors were in fear of losing their students despite not doing much but they do care.

"Oh god." The kid sobbed as she held onto Irmina's arms tightly. "I saw a classmate get shot. Oh my god, there was so much blood everywhere—"

"It's okay, let's get you to safety, to your parents, okay?"

"My parents work in Frankfurt and Munich—"

"How about I get you to one of my most-trusted friends?"

"Bitte." She let out while Irmina led her to Red before Irmina could go back to her blueprints and planning. "Danke-dankeschon."

Red nodded at his commander-in-chief and quickly take care of Anna. Irmina talked on her radio, ordering for a vehicle for the shooters as she planned an ambush. She wanted them alive because the University does hold something special and she thought they were here or just straight-up psychopaths.

"Boss, they seem to be holding onto a box?"

"Fotze!" Irmina kicked a table nearby while those around her were very confused. Everyone quickly bombard her with questions about why she was worried before Kobra kept updating her on every detail. It was some artefact that she heard about in World War Two that people thought gave them power. Hitler was briefly obsessed with it but when he got it, it gave him nothing. "It's a myth that should remain as one."

This is bad, to her thinking. Because only she knows how much destruction that could bring.

Everything was going to plan before a student came running out. Irmina quickly run to him, covering him with her body as guns were directed at them. Irmina made them as small as possible but kneeling on the ground. The student as he held onto the soldier, having no idea who she is but screaming his lungs out, only holding onto Irmina even tighter.

Before they know it, they were held at gunpoint by four men.

"Well, well, we got the one who was calling the shots. I'm Marquis."

"Is that a name or a call sign?"

"I'll let you decide—you're a three-star. This will be fun."

"I'm so sorry," the student whispered, still holding Irmina tighter as they ascended the stairs.

"No, it's okay kid. I understand."

"How the fuck did you get my Lieutenant General taken?" Marlene shouted as she entered the site while the Commandos looked on the ground. The GSG9s were confused because some of the Commandos outrank her but still getting reprimanded by the Captain. "If she was dead, I would have killed all of you."

"This is your so-called hero," Marquis said, pushing Irmina and the student before his men separated the two. Irmina fought for him to stay close only to be shot twice in the leg. Everyone outside freaked out, especially the Army. Irmina sucked in her breath, holding on to the bleeding. "In a matter of minutes, you'll be dead, Lieutenant General König."

"Oh really?" Irmina winced as she took out the bullet from her thigh the other hand going for her knife. "What you should know, is I have a short temper."

Irmina in one quick movement, Marquis's neck was slit open while she stood and took his rifle. His blood sprayed all over her face and uniform as she watched him fall, choking on his blood before taking another one out beside her.

"I'm so sorry that I might traumatise all of you."

"W-we don't care. We just want out of this place."

Irmina nodded and took out two more that were very close to her. Irmina pulled one student behind her, throwing her knife that was gifted by Nicholai. She will be finding that later after she deals with the terrorists. As a signal for her soldiers, she fought hand-to-hand combat before throwing him out of the window and he dragged Irmina with him.

"Hurry the fuck up. I got the hostages!" Irmina shouted, hanging on a ledge before students helped her up back into the building. Red dished out orders while the police's special ops did with theirs, quickly working with one another. "Danke. Block the doors while I help your friends."

One tried to sneak up on her but she quickly turn, wrapping her arms around his neck and snapped it like it was no big deal. Irmina dragged him to one side before running to one of the students that is seriously injured.

"Ich bin Generallautenant König. What's your name?"

"Paul—it hurts."

"I know, I know. Keep talking to me, Paul."

"I don't think I can hold on any longer."

"No no. You will, kid. What are you studying?"

"Classical Archeology." He stuttered, raising his head as Irmina struggle to stop the bleeding.

"Ah, you like to find treasure?"

"Ye—" Tears welled up in his eyes and he looked around with Irmina hurrying but without any supplies, she can't do much. Can't even ease his pain.

"Keep talking to me, come on. You will graduate and find those lost artefacts. You will and I will be with you. I will watch you graduate with your friends, okay?"

"You promise?"

"Promise."

"Boss!" Red toss her the medkit while dealing with more trouble, protecting the students. Irmina quickly gave Paul some morphine, he nearly drifted to sleep. Her medics and the paramedics that were escorted to help while Marlene put on a bulletproof vest on Irmina, then a helmet which pissed her off even more.

"Wirklich?"

"Ja, Generallautenant."

Irmina carried the kid out of the building as the two paramedics that was taking care of Paul are trying their best to follow her pace. God, she was fast. The older woman watched as the paramedics take care of Paul before the ambulance drove away shortly after. Before she was shot and thank god, he had bad aim. Irmina threw the godforsaken helmet and knocked him out. Marlene walked out and gave her a very done look.

"That's where he is. Red!" Irmina pointed at the knocked-out fella.

"Ja!"

"Oh shit, I'm still bleeding." Irmina nonchalantly said while everyone around her panicked as she felt a little light-headed before actually passing out. Kobra caught her, as confused as Marlene.

Her commandos shout for her, trying to wake her up but failing with Irmina just being carried off by Kobra. The GSG9s got into a car, ready to make way for the highest-valued soldier. Irmina jolted away, trying to say something but another shot through her neck. People want to silence and her neck is going through tough stuff all the time.

Suffered an arrow, knives and several bullets...

¬_¬

Natasha snuck into Irmina's hospital room, managing to get past a lot of people because she knows the 'citizens' pretending to be asleep or undercover. She found Marlene and Adelaide asleep on the couch and chair. Both jolted away after hearing a noise. Adelaide quickly pushed Marlene's gun because the girl will shoot anyone for her boss.

"Es tut mir leid." Natasha softly said, looking at Irmina's charts and her stats. The doctors don't know what the problem is with Irmina but Natasha immediately knows after touching her arm. She carefully climbed on the bed, receiving confused looks from the Captain while Adelaide got more blankets.

Irmina is too cold.

Natasha then explained what she was doing, not revealing too much of Irmina's serum before a phone call interrupted. The Captain understood as she excused herself and Adelaide toss Natasha a blanket.

One appeared and reported to the two of them.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Making sure that her blood is not taken," Aki answered, caressing Irmina's pale face and wishing that she could keep her warm.

"Just in case, huh," Natasha whispered. No one in the world knows the capability of Irmina's blood because every time she got hurt, she just goes somewhere to fix herself up or Maria does it with her naggings.

"Yeah, just in case," Irmina whispered, inching closer to Natasha's neck. She smirked, hearing the increased heart rate and feeling the increasing warmth.

Romanov is getting flustered.

"You're a drug to me, you know that?"

"Я знаю," Natasha whispered, letting Irmina get comfortable. Irmina is high on the drugs they gave her. Maybe she was joking but a small part of her, really wanted it to be true that meant something. Adelaide entered the room with blankets and Irmina is not trying to hide how she looked at Natasha. [I know]

"By the way, the General will be visiting in a couple of hours." Adelaide sighed, falling back into the uncomfortable seat. Natasha turned to look at the Colonel that Irmina have plans to promote shortly. "What are you going to talk about?"

"Plans to become a military powerhouse."

"When you're high?" Natasha asked, clearly knowing that Irmina meant it.

"Yesh."

Adelaide chuckled while Natasha scoffed and Irmina looked around the room, panic slowly sets in. Irmina's ragged breathing, made both women worry because they knew she is back to her senses.

She hates hospitals as much as she hates her father.

Irmina starts to pick on the tubes stuck onto her body but Natasha tried her hardest to stop. Natasha whispered sweet nothings before asking Adelaide to find a medication from her jacket that would ultimately calm her down.

As soon as Adelaide injected her with serum, made by the hands of her niece, Irmina calmed down and slowly drifted off to sleep.

"I don't think you can discuss those plans anymore, Generallautnant." Adelaide snorted with Natasha rolled her eyes, of course with a smile. "How come, you know what to do?"

"I worked with her, on so many missions, I need to know as much as she allows me."

"You seem to know everything."

"I don't think it's half of it. It's like 5%."

"Well, I try to share everything I find out but I doubt it would be much."

"True but I think all she wants is to live her life as much as she can."

"That I agree."

¬_¬

a/n

well guess what i think I'm failing two of my exams

just two weeks and two papers i will have a long ass break
YAYYYYYYYYYY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 1.4K 49
Born, raised and bred through the Red Room. That is the life of a Boldyreva and it always will be. Until a little redhead looks like too much fun to...
5.3K 85 21
for all of her life, natalia alianovna romanova 'natasha romanoff' has had nothing, and no one. all shes ever known is death. what started out as a s...
109K 2.9K 61
this is completely made up as I go along: Natasha Romanoff and Steve Rogers are assigned a mission that shakes Natasha to her core, as Natasha and St...
72K 1.3K 47
Anastasia Romanoff always looked up to her older sister, Natasha. Ever since they had left the Red Room and joined S.H.I.E.L.D. with the help of thei...