Love On The Brain

SerityPsychic21 द्वारा

Smart Matilda Jiang had just switched high schools from Boise to Idaho City. There in Preston High School, sh... अधिक

Chapter 1: Simple But Not
Chapter 2: Mean Cheerleaders
Chapter 3: Ugly Duckling
Chapter 4: Geniuses
Chapter 5: Defender
Chapter 6: When You Love Someone
Chapter 8: Imagination
Chapter 9: The Dream
Chapter 10: Exam Bet
Chapter 11: Bond With You
Chapter 12: Special Day
Chapter 13: His Confession
Chapter 14: Unspoken Connection
Chapter 15: Date In His House
Chapter 16: Unreciprocated
Chapter 17: Kidnapped
Chapter 18: Love Right Where We Are (Final)

Chapter 7: Aunt's House

20 5 2
SerityPsychic21 द्वारा

Another day of tranquility and optimism arrived for everyone. In the morning at 5am, Patrick's mom had to wake up early for a business trip in Seattle, Washington for her company that her floral shop works with. Patrick and Erica helped their mom with folding clothes and items in her two suitcases hours before her flight was about to take off. When both suitcases were ready, their mom stood at the front door greeting them a goodbye.

Patrick's mom: I will be away on this business trip in Seattle for a week...

Patrick's mom: I hope you will both take care while I'm gone. I informed your aunt in advance...

Patrick's mom: She misses her darling niece and nephew.

Patrick's mom: Ok, look at the time...It's 6am. I'm off now! Goodbye and love you both.

Patrick: Bye, mom. Safe travels. Love you. He said as she walked out the door.

Erica: Love you too, mom. She said, waving at her mom.

A few minutes later, Patrick's phone rang and it was his cousin Kyle Jacobs trying to call him. Kyle and Patrick were a bit similar in looks, but Kyle had a lighter shade of brown in his dark layered hair, rounder cheeks, and soft sparkling coffee brown eyes. He resembled the famous Chinese singer Fan Chengcheng and stood at 6 '3 with huge biceps and wore a white and blue tracking suit made from China. In the past, he was an overweight kid up until sophomore year of his old high school. The teasing, bullying, and the brink of getting diabetes were what pushed him to get healthier and strong.

Patrick: Hey, dude! My mom had just left for her business trip and we were talking about you and your mom beforehand.

Kyle: That's sweet, man. I was about to call you about living with us for about a week...

Kyle: But good thing you got the memo from your mom.

Patrick: Me and Erica are about to head to your guys' houses now. I'll talk to you later, ok?

Kyle: Cool! I'll go tell my mom.

Kyle: The more the merrier. When he hung up, Erica spoke.

Erica: Patrick, was that Kyle on the phone?

Patrick: Yep, that was Erica. Feels good talking to him after a month.

Erica: I heard you saying we are going to his house now. Are we?

Patrick: Yup, you heard right.

Erica: Whoo hoo! I'm excited. I miss him and Aunty tremendously.

Patrick: I miss them too...Even though they may not be financially stable like we are now, they're still our dear family.

Patrick: Something must people hardly appreciate about when it comes to families.

Patrick got into his car with Erica sitting in the front seat. After putting on their seatbelts and turning on the car engine, they drove off to Kyle's house which was about 10 blocks away from theirs. Once they arrived, Kyle and his mom were waiting at the front porch grinning at them.

Kyle: Great to have you here, bro! We knew you'd get here very fast. He said as they hugged each other.

Patrick: You know me, man! I'm always punctual.

Kyle: He turned towards Erica. And...You too, Erica! Missed your big cuddly cousin don't you?

Erica: More than anything I missed for a month! She said as he bent down and hugged her.

Kyle's mom: Whoo, it's shivering cold. C'mon inside before you freeze! Inside is much warmer.

When they got inside, Patrick and Erica could both sniff the aroma of steamed dumplings, Chinese barbecue duck and broccoli, and hot tomato egg soup.

Patrick: Hmm, that sure smells good. Whatever is coming from the kitchen, Aunt Elisa.

Aunt Elisa: I cooked some food in case you and Erica get hungry.

Aunt Elisa: I hope you will love what I made. First time, I cooked something so elaborate.

Patrick: I'm totally starving. You know I can never say no to your food.

Aunt Elisa: She smiled and said. That's lovely to hear, Patrick. Why don't we all sit down and eat?

Aunt Elisa: Kyle, dear. Can you please help me set the table?

Kyle: Right away, mom!

Patrick: I'll go get the chopsticks and bowls out!

After they finish setting the table with eating utensils and the prepared meals, they start eating together and chatting at the same time.

Erica: Everything tastes wonderful! Your cooking is amazing, aunty!

Erica: I give a 10 for everything you made. Especially the roast duck!

Aunt Elisa: Aww, thank you so much for your kind words, darling Erica.

Aunt Elisa: You can eat as much as you like! Food won't go anywhere.

Patrick: Little Erica is right. The roast duck tastes better than any Chinese restaurant we've been to.

Patrick: Also, it pairs really well with hot sauce on fried rice. I could eat this and not be full.

Kyle: He thought to himself. Patrick and Erica are both very kind and honest towards my aunt.

Kyle: On the inside. Unlike those who accuse her of "copying" other known dishes.

Aunt Elisa: So, Patrick and Erica...How is school going for you both?

Erica: School is fun! My teacher Miss Simpkins rocks!

Erica: She always gives us a piece of candy if we answer questions right in class.

Erica: Last Friday, we counted the "lucky stars" we got in total and I happened to get the most out of my class.

Erica: So Miss Simpkins allowed me to choose a price for myself.

Aunt Elisa: Fantastic, Erica. Your mom must be happy for you.

Aunt Elisa: She turned to Patrick. How about you, Patrick? Still receiving top marks?

Patrick: Not too sure, but generally speaking, I should be getting As.

Patrick: I'll let my scores speak for themselves on exams.

In the afternoon, Patrick and his cousin Kyle decided to exercise together in the gym with Isaac. While Patrick and Kyle were running on treadmills, Isaac was using the pull up machine.

Patrick: Erica and I are staying over at Kyle's house for a week...

Patrick: So if I go to school from another route, that's why man...

Isaac: That sounds like a party. Tell your aunt that I should live with you both too.

Patrick: Haha, not sure about that.

Deep down, Patrick was thinking about the crazy, fun moments he shared with Matilda and Kyle caught him drifting away in his thoughts.

Kyle: Patrick, aren't you planning on studying this evening? I heard you have a physics exam coming up.

Patrick: Relax...I got this. I know what I'm doing!

Kyle: Physics 2 isn't a piece of cake. Don't get too cocky or chill over it.

Patrick: I already retained everything I learned in class. No need for me to worry about it.

Kyle: You look like you have something on your mind...Wanna talk about it, man?

Patrick: I have a secret and you probably didn't know this, but I-

Kyle: Secret? You can tell me anything. You know I'll never judge.

Kyle: Remember the time I told you I fell off a treadmill on my first day at this gym?

Kyle ran so fast on his treadmill, that he lost his balance and hit his face flat on the floor as he slipped.

Kyle: Damn...Oww.

Patrick and Isaac both laughed so hard.

Patrick: Happened as soon as you said it hahaha!

Isaac: He chuckled. You should have seen your face...Looked like you were gonna pee your pants.

Kyle: Got up and said, What the hell?! You guys are really insensitive sometimes...

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

My Possessive Bully ✔️ Noelle 🪷 द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

758K 17.7K 36
THIS WAS WRITTEN IN MIDDLE SCHOOL SO THE WRITING WILL BE BAD. READ AT UR OWN RISK 🚩 "If I tell you..we might never talk again." I whisper, he appare...
The Girl With The Scar Maddisyn Makay द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

3.4K 76 23
When a smart girl and a wild boy get together, the unexpected is ordinary. - Matilda Savon is a smart girl with her biggest insecurity right across h...
145K 3.7K 109
Trope: Popular girl x tutor boy "I want you to tell me one thing." Her wobbly voice said. "Anything," I say quietly. "What does it mean?" "What?" "M...
712 84 17
'' We got in '' Kara said , shocked '' We got in?'' Olivea asked , looking up at Kara '' Yeah , we got in at HARVARDS UNIVERSITY girl !!'' ''...