HP โ€ข ๐‡๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ...

By ladyvetra

Cassiopeia Pandora Gaunt Black, a young pure-blood witch, sets off on a journey at Hogwarts School of Witchcr... More

Arrival at Hogwarts
First Classes, Beginning of Friendships
Potions class and flying lesson
โš ๏ธImportant Noteโš ๏ธ
Halloween Night
Quidditch game and Gaunt Manor
Nicholas Flamel and Detention
The philosophical Stone
Diagon Alley and Narcissa Malfoy
Second year
Heartbroken
Quidditch Game
Polyjuice
Saving friends
Sirius Black
Third year
Draco - The Drama Queen
A little secret?
Hogsmeade , Narcissa and Sirius Black
Animagus Family
Christmas Dinner
Fucking Malfoys
Pettigrew
Saving Family
โš ๏ธImportant Note โš ๏ธ
Quidditch World Cup
The Dark Mark
Forth Year
Unforgivable Curses
Ferret Malfoy and The champions Selection
Potter Stinks
In love with Granger?
Perfect Partner
Yule Ball
Final Tasks
12 Grimmauld place
Family
Andromeda
Fifth year
Narcissus Parfum
Dumbledore Army
Wesley is our King
Malfoy Manor
Promises Promises
Thoughts
Blood Connection
Malfoy Ball
EXPECTO PATRONUM
D.A.
Breaking Down
Dammit, Potter
Prophecy
Trapped
Godfather
Unbreakable Vow
Black Sisters
Commitment Ring
Sixth year
Felix Felicis
Gryffindor honor
Granger?
Cissa
Wasn't me.
Three possibilities
APPARITION CLASSES
Memories
I have no choice
Death Eater
The Seven Potters
I'm a Black.
Ceremony
The truth
Bella
Ministry
Devastating Shadow
The Savior Princess
A chance
Crucio
Teddy
The Lightning Struck At Hogwarts
Go
Final Battle
Sunshine
A second war would begin
Time goes by so quickly

Dead

1.6K 130 53
By ladyvetra

Snape was still quite weak, but he asked Cassiopeia to go after Harry. She did so reluctantly, fearing to leave him alone in such a vulnerable state. But only Madam Pomfrey could properly tend to his wound, and Snape needed a proper blood-replenishing potion.

The battle raged on in the distance. Despite being tired and weak, no one gave up. But then a powerful voice echoed around them all: "You have fought," said the voice, "Valiantly. Lord Voldemort appreciates bravery."

"You have suffered heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish for this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste."

"Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour. Give a worthy send-off to your dead. Attend to your wounded. Now, I address you directly, Harry Potter. You allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me personally. I will wait for you in the Forbidden Forest for one hour. If, by the end of that time, you have not come to meet me, if you have not surrendered, then the battle will recommence. This time, I will join the fight, Harry Potter, and I will find you, and I will punish every last man, woman, and child who tried to hide you from me. One hour."

Cassi abruptly stopped. She had to find Harry. Everything was silent now. The empty courtyard.

As she emerged into the Great Hall, she paused at the doorway. The House tables had been removed, and the hall was crowded. Survivors formed groups, embracing one another. On the platform, the injured were receiving care from Madam Pomfrey and her assistants. Firenze was among the wounded; his flank was bleeding, and he writhed on the ground, unable to stand.

Draco was assisting Fred, who was semi-conscious, trying to speak as his family cried around him, emotional. She heard Percy explaining what had happened.

When George spotted her, he ran towards her with tears streaming down his cheeks. He held her so tightly that the air was squeezed out of her lungs.

"You saved him. Thank you, thank you," he cried, holding her tightly.

"We protect our friends, don't we?" She smiled gently as she continued to observe.

"You're taking that title we gave you very seriously, and I couldn't be more grateful," George embraced her again. He was so tall that he practically lifted her off the ground.

The fallen were lined up in the middle of the hall. Remus was badly injured, and Tonks was caressing his back, her eyes wide with concern.

"Cassie," she whispered when she saw her.

"You're okay, thank Merlin," Cassiopeia sighed, hugging her friend.

"Bellatrix saved me," Tonks sighed. "She saved me," she repeated in disbelief, as if she hadn't fully processed the information yet.

Cassi nodded and turned to Madam Pomfrey. Not really surprised

"Snape's very badly injured. Voldemort attacked him, he's at the Shrieking Shack. I tended to his wounds, but it can't be as good as your care," Cassiopeia explained.

Poppy looked at her in confusion. "But he's a traitor!" she exclaimed, shocked.

"He's not!" Cassi affirmed, even more surprised. "I hope you'll understand later, but Snape isn't a traitor to our side. Please, let's help him."

Madam Pomfrey reluctantly nodded before turning to continue searching for her friends.

That was until something bumped into her.

"Harry? Where are you going alone?" Cassi asked suspiciously.

"It's all part of the plan," Harry replied. "I need to go."

"You're not thinking of surrendering, are you?" She asked angrily.

"Cassi..."

"No! I'm going with you."

He sighed, turning away and looking at the ground. "There's a reason I can hear him. I've known for a while now, and I think you do too."

She denied it, not wanting to reach that conclusion. For the first time in her life, she wished she was wrong about something.

"I have to die," he said.

"No, Harry," Cassi cried, holding his hand.

"It's the only way. After that, only the snake will remain, and then him. I have no choice, I don't think I ever did."

"I'm going with you."

"No, no," Harry shook his head.

"I'm going with you!" Cassiopeia insisted, holding his hand and giving him a look that brooked no argument.

"But he knows you betrayed him."

"Then we'll pretend I'm leading you to your death," she scoffed.

Harry shook his head in denial.

"Are you always this stubborn?"

"I'm a Black," she smiled playfully.

They shared the Invisibility Cloak to leave the castle. Something told her that neither Ron nor Hermione knew that their friend was about to commit suicide.

"I saw Snape's memories," Harry broke the silence, looking at her with a sad smile. "I saw that you knew about Dumbledore's plan, his plan for his own death."

She stopped abruptly, a single gasp escaping her lips.

"I saw the Unbreakable Vow. You and Mrs. Malfoy seem close."

Cassi sighed, a smile tugging at her lips.

"Maybe a bit more than you imagine. She means the world to me."

Harry smiled. "I thought it might be Draco."

Why does everyone think that? Disgusting.

Her nose wrinkled in distaste. Draco is like a brother to me.

"Jealous of Draco?"

Harry didn't answer. He had a puzzled yet amused expression on his face.

This foolish boy. My foolish friend.

She hoped she could protect him as much as she could. They continued walking and, upon reaching the edge of the Forbidden Forest, they stopped.

A swarm of Dementors glided among the trees; she could feel their chill, and she wasn't sure if she could make it through unscathed. Cassi raised her wand; Harry didn't seem to have the strength to conjure a Patronus anymore. He couldn't control his trembling.

Her fox darted around them, circling Harry before patrolling a little further to drive away the Dementors.

It brought a smile to Harry's face. He took the Snitch out of his pocket. His weakened fingers held the small object up to the light of the Patronus. It was their only source of light.

Breathing heavily and quickly, Harry stared at it. He pressed the golden metal to his lips and whispered, "I'm about to die." The golden shell opened. He lowered his trembling hand, raised Draco's wand under the cloak, and whispered, "Lumos!"

The black stone with its jagged cleft lay nestled within the two halves of the Snitch.

He looked at Cassi. "The Resurrection Stone."

She was stunned as she stared at the object.

"It belonged to your family," Harry explained.

The Resurrection Stone intersected the vertical line representing the Elder Wand. The triangle and circle representing the Cloak and the Stone were still distinguishable.

The boy closed his eyes and turned the stone in his hand three times.

Cassiopeia knew what had happened because she heard faint movements around her, suggesting fragile bodies stepping on the earthy ground covered in twigs that marked the outer edge of the Forest.

They weren't ghosts, nor were they quite solid bodies. Less substantial than living bodies, but much more than ghosts, they approached her, and each face held the same loving smile.

Potter was exactly the same height as Harry. He wore the clothes he died in, and his hair was messy and ruffled, his glasses askew like Mr. Weasley's. Sirius stood tall and handsome, much younger than she had ever seen him. Similar to the photographs. He walked with a natural elegance, hands in his pockets and a smile on his face. And then she supposed it must be Lily.

Her smile was the widest. She brushed her long hair back as she approached, her green eyes, so similar to Harry's, scrutinizing his face eagerly, as if she had never had enough time to look at him.

"You've been so brave!"

Harry couldn't speak. His eyes feasted on her, taking her in.

Cassiopeia stood in awe, looking at Sirius. Her eyes welled up with tears, and she reached out her hand gently. Sirius did the same, but their touch passed through with a cold sensation left behind. He looked at her sadly but smiled at both of them.

"You're almost there," said Potter. "Very close. We're... so proud of you, Harry."

"Does it hurt?" The childish question escaped Harry's lips before he could contain it.

"To die? Not at all," Sirius replied. "Faster and easier than falling asleep."

"Will you stay with me?" Harry asked, looking around.

"Always," Lily replied firmly.

"But he won't see you? I can see you," Cassi asked, confused.

"We allowed you to see," Lily turned to her with a smile.

"You look like Reggie," James Potter said, approaching.

"Just more beautiful," Sirius teased. "Must've taken after the uncle."

That earned a smile from her, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

They began walking again, their Patronus walking alongside the souls. They also acted as Patronuses, keeping the Dementors at bay.

"Someone there," a hoarse voice was heard very close. "Using an Invisibility Cloak. Could it be...?" they couldn't see anything.

"Definitely heard something," Yaxley said. "An animal, perhaps? Time's nearly up. Potter has already used his hour. I don't think he's coming. And the Dark Lord was sure he would! He won't be pleased."

Harry squeezed her hand tightly, hurting her fingers. He looked at her and nodded slightly.

She sighed before pulling the cloak over them and holding onto his arm.

Yaxley checked his watch. "Better go back," Yaxley suggested. "Find out the plan now."

He and Dolohov turned around and disappeared into the Forest. Harry and Cassi followed them, knowing they would lead them exactly where they wanted to go.

Harry looked around, drawing courage from the ghosts as well.

They had only walked for a few minutes when they spotted a light ahead, and Yaxley and Dolohov emerged into a clearing.

A fire burned in the center of the clearing, its flickering light illuminating a completely silent crowd of vigilant Death Eaters. Some still wore masks and hoods; others showed their faces.

There was Narcissa, trembling hands clutching Bellatrix as they helped their mother. Noctua seemed in pain, as if she had suffered the wrath of a Crucio. Beside the two of them, helping, was Lucius, who looked on the brink of fainting, a huge gash on his cheek. He was still very injured from his last punishment.

Harry turned to her and handed over the wand and the cloak. "In case of a safe haven. This needs to be done."

A single tear rolled down her cheek as she nodded and put the items in her pocket, pulling her friend into a tight hug.

"Come back to us," she whispered softly.

Two giants sat at the edge of the group, casting immense shadows over the scene, their cruel features carved like stone. Greyback, furtive, gnawing on his long claws; Rowle, the big blond, wiping his bloody lip.

All eyes were fixed on Voldemort, standing with his head bowed, his white hands crossed over the Elder Wand on his chest. He might have been praying, or perhaps counting mentally.

Behind his head, still rotating and coiling, Nagini floated in her shimmering enchanted cage like a monstrous halo. When Dolohov and Yaxley joined the circle, Voldemort raised his head.

"No sign of him, my Lord," Dolohov reported. Voldemort's expression remained unchanged. His red eyes seemed to glow in the firelight.

Slowly, he held the Elder Wand between his long fingers.

"I thought he would come," Voldemort commented in his clear, high voice, his eyes fixed on the tongues of flame. "I expected him to come."

No one spoke. Everyone seemed as terrified as they were, their hearts pounding against their ribcages as if they had decided to escape the bodies they were about to discard.

Harry's hands were sweaty as he gripped Cassi's tightly. She looked at him, and he gave her a pleading nod.

As she took his hand to hold the back of his shirt, stepping slightly ahead to emerge from the shadows.

"Apparently... I was mistaken," Voldemort said.

"You weren't mistaken." Cassi spoke as loudly as she could, with all the strength she could muster-she hated Harry for making her give him up like this.

She pushed both of them towards the light. Narcissa audibly gasped when she saw her, as if she could finally breathe.

The giants roared as the Death Eaters rose together, and there were many shouts, exclamations, and even laughter.

Voldemort remained where he was, but his red eyes focused on Harry, watching them as they walked toward him, nothing separating them but the fire.

Then a voice yelled out: "HARRY! NO! HOW COULD YOU? HOW COULD YOU, CASSI?!" Hagrid cried. He was hunched over and tied to a nearby tree. His massive body shook the branches as he struggled desperately. "NO! NO..."

"Silence!" Rowle shouted, and with a wand movement, he silenced Hagrid.

Bellatrix stepped forward, wide-eyed and open-mouthed.

The only things moving were the flames and the snake, coiling and uncoiling in the enchanted cage behind Voldemort's head.

"I must admit... I'm surprised," Voldemort smiled at Cassiopeia as she let go of Harry and walked past him to approach.

"For a moment, I thought you had betrayed me, dear goddaughter," he turned to Noctua, a wicked smile playing on his lips. "Your mother suffered for it, my dear. Who would've thought?"

She looked down, too disgusted to reply. If she opened her mouth, she'd end up attacking him.

Bloody bastard. He hurt my mother.

Swallowing hard, she simply nodded once and looked at Noctua, who was watching in shock. Slightly hunched, she leaned on the support of Lucius and Narcissa's arms.

Voldemort half-hugged her and laughed as he guided her towards the other Death Eaters.

Noctua hugged her tightly, squeezing the air out of her lungs. "Dear..." she whispered in shock.

"I'm sorry," Cassi sighed, hugging her tightly.

Narcissa pulled her into her arms. Her voice trembled as she asked a single question, "Why?"

"Trust," she whispered softly, making sure only the three women could hear.

Narcissa nodded and desperately wanted to ask something, but Voldemort spoke.

Harry looked at her and then at Nagini.

She nodded, but she wasn't sure if she could get close to the snake now that it was in this darkness.

Harry's wand weighed in her pocket.

"Harry Potter," he said, very softly. His voice could have been a part of the sparks from the fire. "The boy who lived, will now die."

None of the Death Eaters moved. Everything was on hold. Hagrid struggled, and Bellatrix gasped.

Voldemort raised his wand. His head was still tilted to the side, like that of a curious child, wondering what would happen if he proceeded. Harry was staring at him intently, his hand gripping the stone tightly if his white knuckles were any indication.

"AVADA KEDAVRA" Voldemort shouted, and a green flash hit Harry in the chest as he fell.

A dark light rebounded against Voldemort, and he fell as well.

Everyone was shocked, looking around.

Cassi approached Nagini, checking the shield, which, for some reason, seemed intact.

She wouldn't be able to kill her with that shield protecting her.

Narcissa approached, holding her wrist. "Love, relieve me of my agony, please," she begged in a whisper. "Draco..."

"He's at the school," Cassi nodded. "He's alright. Harry saved him."

Narcissa shuddered and hugged her tightly.

The Death Eaters panicked, looking between the fallen bodies for a long moment until Voldemort staggered to his feet. Then they all hurriedly backed away.

"The boy... is he dead?"

Absolute silence fell over the clearing. No one approached Harry, but everyone stared at him.

Cassiopeia prayed for the answer to be yes.

"You," Voldemort said, and there was a snap and a squeal of pain as he prodded Narcissa with his wand.

"Examine him. Tell me if he's dead."

Cissa flinched and looked at her intently before swallowing hard and approaching Harry's body.

Cassi's heart was in her throat. Although it wasn't much of a consolation, she was comforted by the fact that Voldemort was taking the precaution of not getting close to Harry, suspecting that there might have been a flaw in the plan... Harry might still be alive.

Narcissa walked elegantly over to Harry, being cautious as she crouched down and shielded Harry's face from the others' gaze. Cassi could see her placing her hand inside his shirt to feel his heartbeat. After a few seconds, she slowly rose and turned to the others. Just a pause.

"Dead," she announced to the Death Eaters.

And now they cheered, they shouted triumphantly and stamped their feet on the ground. Voldemort stared at her fixedly, probably delving into her mind, and then he broke into a wide smile. Cassi felt like she was going to faint, her eyes glazed over. Bella held her in an embrace and nudged her to maintain her composure. "Control yourself, doll, hide it, please," she whispered softly into her ear.

As Narcissa approached, she held her other side and placed a kiss behind her ear. "Trust," she whispered gently. Cassiopeia turned to her, her eyes even wider as she realized. Narcissa had lied, bloody gargoyles. She lied right in front of the greatest Legilimens of the century.

Cassiopeia couldn't contain herself when she kissed her. She didn't care about the others laughing as she pulled the older woman as close as she could and kissed her.

Voldemort laughed too. "Did you see?" he screeched, rising above the tumult. "Harry Potter was killed by my hand, and now no living man can threaten me! See! Crucio!" He pointed at Harry, shaking his fallen body, and Narcissa gasped, grabbing his hand. Eyes focused on the boy as if trying to penetrate his mind and make him not scream, not feel pain, not move. Harry was thrown up once, twice, thrice, his glasses flew off his face, and when he landed the last time, the clearing resounded with insults and high-pitched laughter.

"Now," Voldemort said, "let's go to the castle and show them what's left of their hero. Who will drag the body? No... wait..." There was a fresh explosion of laughter, and after a few moments...

"You carry him," Voldemort ordered. "He'll be quite visible in your arms, won't he? Pick up your little friend, Hagrid. And the glasses... put the glasses back on... he needs to be recognizable."

Cassi went to his glasses, and they were gently placed on his face, tapping his cheek three times with her index finger. Hoping he'd understand she knew he was alive. When she looked down at the ground, she saw something glinting among the leaves.

The Resurrection Stone... She discreetly bent down, picked up the small object, and slipped it into her pocket. Tearfully, Hagrid approached, and they lifted him gently.

He was trembling and lamenting the 'death' of his friend. "Walk," Voldemort ordered, and Hagrid stumbled forward, clearing a path through the tightly packed trees towards the exit of the forest. Narcissa grabbed her arm, and Bella held her hand. Eager eyes followed silently behind, along with the others.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 1.9K 45
hermione x femoc In the foreboding corridors of Malfoy Manor, where opulence disguises a suffocating darkness, lurks the elusive enigma, Merla Malfoy...
34.3K 593 26
Rachel Graham is a 5th-year student at Hogwarts in the Slytherin house. Both of her parents are Death Eaters so she grew up thinking that everything...
21.2K 455 9
In a world where magic reigns supreme, a young witch embarks on a journey to uncover the secrets hidden within the shadows of her classmates. As she...