Ultimate scapegoat (DanganRo...

By Kakirihazuri

Y/n is the average high school kid with a talent unlike most other. He is called the ultimate scapegoat for h... More

Invite to Hopes Peak
The new teacher
Chaos and Class Rep
The Project and The'Ultimate' Little Sister
Ultimate Replacement
The Exams/ Enter Kamukura
Baby Gangsta's Little Sis.
Fall Festivities, Part 1: School festival announcement
Fall Festivities, Part 2: Preparation and Procrastination
Fall Festivities part 3: School festival problems
The ultimate hope meets the warriors of hope
Protecting Hope part 1
Protecting Hope Part 2
Protecting Hope Part 3
Protecting Hope Part 4
A Little Ultimate Chaos
Seasons change festival date
Chiaki's Christmas Party
New years events
The New Students
Helping out the Student Council
The Despair Sisters
Speaking with Mukuro and Missing student
Despair
The end of the beginning
Monokuma
Motive
Trial and Terror
Second Floor, Second Motive
Trail 2
To Another Motive
An Upset Brother
A Filler Chapter
The end of the killing game
Future Foundation
Towa City
Gathering the Party: Part 1
Gathering the Party: Part 2
Gathering the Party: Part 3
Towa Tower
An Emergency Signal
Picking Up What Remains
Neo World program
Beef or Chicken?
We're Doing A Sequal
Leaders and Bombshells
Spending a bit of free time
Motive Seems Redundant
More Free Time Before We get This Party Started.
A Little Party Never Killed Nobody...
Investigation Thyme

Cooking Up a Trial

753 31 4
By Kakirihazuri

Y/n's POV

When I arrived at the mountain, everyone had gathered, staring up at the mountains that now had 4 monokuma heads on top. Each was carved from stone and clearly made as separate halves that were put together and placed on top of the mountain, which looked like it could fall at any moment due to a lack of forethinking. Of course, Kazuichi was the first to say something.

"Hey, What the heck is that mountain?! Wh-When did that get there?!" His face was paper white and he looked more shocked about this than when Twogami's body was found.

"The mountain was always there. the Monokuma heads carved out on top, those are new." I spoke up, with an evident distaste for the lack of creativity in the disgusting decore.

there was a moment of silence as everyone seemed to collect their thoughts about this.

"That story might be true after all. There might be an enormous organization involved in all of this." Peko spoke up with a bit of anxiousness on her normally expressionless face.

"You mean... that thin Byakuya said before, right?" Hajime spoke with a hesitant voice.

"Byakuya... we still needed his knowledge..." Sonia spoke with regret

"I still can't believe he's dead!" Nekomaru spoke while clenching his fist.

Ibuki began foaming at the mouth and somehow repeating Byakuya's name over and over despite the froth. but her words were cut off by Chiaki

"Where are Gunham and Fuyuhiko?" She tilted her head slightly as she looked around.

"Um... now that you mention it... It appears they aren't here yet." Mikan spoke nervously.

"Oh, I know! They ran away!" Hiyoko cheerfully announced. Immediately after she said that Monokuma popped up out of nowhere

"No way in hell I'd let them escape! Look, I dragged this one back over here!" Monokuma spoke while rubbing the back of his head

Kurokuma and Shirokuma could be seen dragging Fuyuhiko along, the short gangster clearly pissed off

"Don't fuck with me! Let go of me already damn it!" Fuyuhiko cursed as the two bears carried him

"Hey now, if you keep acting violent we might have to eat you up " Monokuma threatened while showing off claws he didn't have before

"Fuck yeah, I bet this midget would taste good when fried" Kurokuma drooled, letting go of Fuyuhiko to wipe his mouth

"Not enough meat on the bones for that" Shirokuma spoke before shoving Fuyuhiko towards the group.

"Fuyuhiko, what were you doing all this time!?" Mahiru spoke up, hands on her hips

"Nothing... I wasn't really doing anything" Fuyuhiko straightened out and dusted off his suit as he spoke "I was just chilling in my room when I heard that fat bastard got killed. Who the fuck cares anyways"

"you... how can you say something so irresponsible!?" Mahiru spoke in a low tone, clearly angry then started shouting "We've been doing our best to investigate this murder, even though we don't want to, just to survive. Do you understand!"

"Wait. Mahiru, that's enough... you too, Fuyuhiko." Nagito spoke up, trying to defuse the situation. In response Fuyuhiko muttered some swear and looked away, crossing his arms.

"Umm... I guess we're waiting for Gundham? " Akane chimed in, looking like she didn't even care about what was going on

"I am right here" Gundham spoke up, standing near the group as if he was here the whole time, even though he was just recently doing his best to stay out of everyone's eyesight to make his way to that spot. "Remember this well! A main character appears when he intends to!"

"Yeah, they shuffle around and look for the best spot to stand while everyone argues, right?" I spoke up. In response, Gundham turned away and lifted his scarf to hide his face while trying to look cool.

"Well now, Everyone has gathered, Let's take the secret entrance to the trial field!" Monokuma spoke up with a chuckle.

"Wait! P-please wait a second!" Monomi spoke up, actually appearing out of nowhere with her arms raised in protest

"My my, Monomi. what are you doing here? nobody asked for you" Monokuma tilted his head as he spoke up. Monomi tried saying something but stuttered too much so Monokuma spoke again "Hm, Do you actually want to join in? do you want to taste how powerless you are at the class trail? You masochistic mascot! Oh well! I'm a good big brother, who dotes on his little sister. I shall allow your special participation! I'll be waiting in the trial room for all of you!" After that, the two-tone bear disappeared into the ground.

"Hey wait, you can't leave us behind!" Shirokuma called out before disappearing into the ground as well.

"Ya' can't leave me in the fucking dust that easily!" Kurokuma rocketed into the air and disappeared in a twinkle.

Everyone stood in silence for a while after the bears left. It wasn't long before that silence was broken

"He told us to come, but... how do we get there? I don't see any doors... or vehicles" Teruteru spoke, poking his index fingers together as he stared down at the ground.

"He mentioned something about a secret entrance. was it?" Mahiru questioned, trying to recall what had been said earlier.

"It might have something to do with the giant bear statue up there that is slowly unhinging its jaw like a snake," I spoke as I stared at the second head of Monokuma rock.

Just as I mentioned that it was slowly unhinging, the ground started rumbling and shaking as it picked up speed. everyone began panicking, confused about what was going on. Once the rumbling and shaking were finished, we were all left staring up at the open mouth of the massive Monokuma masonry.

"How the fuck are we supposed ta' get up there." Fuyuhiko swore and crossed his arms "I'm not climbing up that mountain to get in that bear's fucking mouth."

there was another quieter rumbling noise, and I saw something getting ready to shoot out of the mouth of the statue. I grabbed onto Monomi and lifted her, taking a few steps back as an escalator shot out at unreasonable speeds and crashed into the sand where Monomi once stood. with enough force to cause a breeze.

"th-that was dangerous! Kamakura don't ever put yourself in danger like that again!" Monomi shouted up at me while swinging her arms around

"force of habit. You're welcome for the rescue." I responded, holding onto the rabbit.

The escalator suddenly turned on, rising towards the entrance of the Monokuma stature.

"Could it be.... he's telling us to get on?" Peko spoke up staring down at the escalator from her new standing spot between the Fuyuhiko and the unexpected projectile.

"Such a suspicious aura! Even Crimson Steel Elephant Maga-z is trembling with fear!" Gundham spoke up, holding said hampster in his hand.

"No Gundham, that hampster is shitting on your hand," I spoke up as I stared at the hampster blankly

"Uwaah! That's so totally suspicious" Hiyoko spoke up as she stood closer to the elevator now, not looking scared of it.

Kazuichi started rambling and Teruteru followed soon after, denying the situation and claiming we'd never be able to find a killer.

"C-complaining won't get us anywhere! If you're really a man, then man up for god's sake!" Mahiru shouted at Teruteru before starting to quiet down. "We've come this far... we have no choice but to keep moving forward."

"you're right... there is nowhere for us to run. we need to do it." Hajime spoke up, gripping his tie."

"If this were a videogame... it'd have a very high difficulty level... Let's do our best to clear this game." Chiaki spoke up to try to motivate everyone a little.

Monomi started sobbing in my arms, no longer swinging her limbs around. in the somber mood, Hajime was the first one to step onto the escalator, clearly afraid, but leading the way for the rest of us to get on. Once we were all at the top, we entered into the head to find an elevator. that we all got into. the moment we were all in, it started moving down.

"I see, this entire rock in an elevator," Nekomaru spoke up, picking his nose a bit.

"Once again... Monokuma is doing what he pleases," Chiaki said. as she looked around the outside of the elevator.

"However, if he's gone this far, and made something like this. I don't think he's playing around." Peko spoke up, for once she wasn't standing near Fuyuhiko.

"even so, we're going pretty deep." Akane groaned as she watched the rock layers outside the grate door pass by.

"Knowing that bear, he probably set up some obnoxiously large and overly dramatic stage room for us to play his sick game," I spoke, still holding the crying Monomi.

everything in the elevator became quiet as we all just watched rock pass until eventually, we started seeing concrete and steel. even that took a while to pass before the elevator made an annoyingly loud ding before opening the door slowly. Revealing a large room that had been decorated to look like a court. Podiums arranged in a large circle, with a memorial photo of Twogami at one of them. One of the podiums also had a large throne sitting behind it with my name embroidered into the pillow that cushioned over the mahogany wood and gilded metal.

"This is ridiculous." I stared at the over-decorated chair.

"get in your spots, you fucking punks." Kurokuma said, before looking at me and bowing and pointing at the chair "Your throne my king"

"do me a favor and don't talk to me. we already have one person that acts like that here, we don't need to deal with another." I said.

"Hehe, you got it boss" Kurokuma saluted before going over to Monokuma. Shirokuma also walked over and stood on the other side of Monokuma

"By the way, we don't start until Kamukura sits in the seat that we prepared for him," Monokuma spoke before sitting on his throne.

"Fine, I'll sit in the damn chair." I sighed and sat in the obnoxious seat, putting Monomi on my lap. "Happy?"

"I could do without the brat sitting in your lap" Kurokuma spoke up

"I thought I told you not to talk to me," I responded.

"hehe, so cruel, it's kinda turnin' me on" Kurokuma started drooling.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Monokuma "Can we just get this started and over with?

Monokuma waved a fist in the air "We don't start until you sit in your seat!"

I sighed and sat down on the throne, setting Monomi down on my lap. "are you happy now?"

"I could do without that thing in your lap" Monokuma crossed his arms

"That's too bad. Either compromise on this or we sit here forever," I spoke, petting the top of Monomi's head.

"grr.... fine!" Monokuma slammed his fist down on the side of his high chair and cleared his throat "We'll begin with a simple explanation about a class trial"

Kurokuma chuckled and spoke "During the trial, you basters are gonna argue over who you think the murderous bitch is. then, once a verdict is decided, you're all gonna vote for them."

Shirokuma took over "If you vote for the right person, the blackened will be punished for their crimes. But if you pick wrong..."

"I'll kill everyone besides the blackened" Monokuma said excitedly "And that person will earn the right to leave the island."

"s-such a cruel rule" Monomi spoke, I felt her quivering a bit as I continued petting her.

"Before we begin" Nagito spoke "I'd like to confirm one thing. Is there really a killer among us ."

"most definitely" Monokuma responded. "There is no doubt that. the blackened is definitely lurking in your group. Such a sad state of affairs isn't it? By the way, this class trial is gonna be one hundred percent fair. So there is no need to worry. I'm the kind of bear that hates prejudice and cheaters. not as much as I hate Monomi of course"

Monomi was going to respond but I covered her mouth "Don't feed into it,"

Monokuma huffed and crossed his arms again "Let's just begin already!"

"y-you're telling us to begin... but what are we supposed to do?" Mikan nervously spoke

"let's just settle this with our fists!" Akane spoke, cracking her knuckles

"Were you even listening to the rules?" Kazuichi said

"We need to start with the crime scene, establish a timeline, and then narrow the suspects." I spoke up, looking over everyone"

"right. We found the body underneath a table. it's a very strange place." Nagito said

"So, let's start with that mystery," Chiaki spoke up.

Everyone fell into silence, most people looking nervous while i few seemed to be thinking hard. After a while, the silence was broken

"why was Byakuya's body in a place like that? " Nagito questioned

"His body was under a table, at the very back of the dining hall" Gundham spoke

"After the killer murdered Byakuya, they probably moved the body there," Kazuichi said.

"Why would they do that?" Hiyoko asked, tilting her head a bit"

"Obviously by hiding the body there, they would delay the discovery, Like a dog burying a bone"

"No, That's wrong!" Hajime spoke up "I don't think the killer moved the body

"Huh, what do you mean?" Kazuichi questioned.

"the bloodstains were all under the table. With that much blood coming out, the killer would've had to drag the body and that would've left a trail." I spoke up.

"so that's why it would be impossible for the body to have moved... I get your point" Mahiru spoke up

"Argh... And here I thought I had a genius idea. " Kazuichi said, frustrated, gripping onto his hat

"too bad you're so stupid and boring and unpopular!" Hiyoko spoke up "Your life is meaningless."

"I respond better to praise you know!" Kazuichi shouted.

"What are you, a dog?" I said, staring at him

"if the killer didn't move the body. why was it under the table" Ibuki asked,

"He was probably killed there" Hajime responded

"You think he was killed under the table?" Nekomaru yelled

"It's the most likely location..." Hajime said.

"then the most likely killer would be whoever's closer to the table before the power went out. and whoever was there after the lights turned back on" Nagito spoke up

"That's right. That would mean...Kamukura, hiyoko and Y/n" Hajime said and looked at us.

"wouldn't the most likely suspect be Y/n then?" Kazuichi said staring at me

"yeah, his leg was under the body, maybe byakuya held him there so we could catch the killer" Akane punched her hand as if she were getting ready to fight.

"if that was the case, Y/n wouldn't have been stabbed as well." Hajime reasoned

"he might've stabbed himself to cover it up," Fuyuhiko said

"If that was the case, he would have blood on his hands from the injury," Nagito spoke

"Maybe he stabbed himself before the party and cleaned up after?" Kazuichi brought up

"Not only would he be limping, but he would've been bleeding all over the hall if that was the case," Hajime said

"he still could've done it at the party by covering his hand with something and discarding the bloody cover after his injury," Fuyuhiko said

"no, someone would've seen him do that" Akane spoke up, cleaning her ear with her pinky

"The lights went out so he could have done it then" Fuyuhiko responded.

"No way he would've been able to do it then!" Hiyoko said

"How would you know that you stupid brat" Fuyuhiko raised his voice

"I just know" Hiyoko responded, crossing her arms

"Don't fuck with me! I'll have you ripped apart!" Fuyuhiko yelled, clenching his fist.

"She knows I couldn't have done it because when the lights shut off, I instinctively grabbed onto the person closest to me, which at the time happened to be her," I spoke up

"ooooh, grabbin' onto someone in the dark? Did anything spicy happen? I want all the juicy details" Ibuki questioned, way too excited

"No. nothing happened. I'm not the kind of person who would take advantage of someone else in a situation like that. I'd probably beat someone half to death if they tried doing something like that" I responded.

"So I guess Y/n is clear for now"

"what if Byakuya was the one that stabbed him while trying to defend himself? He was holding onto that knife when he died" Kazuichi said loudly.

"The wound would be bigger if that were the case. not only is the knife a larger weapon than my injury, but if it was a stab in self-defense it would be much messier." I responded.

"r-right.. t-the wound on Y/n's leg and the wounds on Byakuya's body are around 10 millimeters, the knife would leave a much larger injury" Mikan spoke up timidly

"well... then that leaves Nagito as the main suspect," Hajime said.

Everyone looked over at Nagito. silence followed for a few moments. Nagito didn't say anything for a while before tilting his head

"Oh, am I supposed to be defending myself now?" He spoke with an uninterested tone.

"Um... Nagito? What are you doing?" Hajime asked, staring at him.

"I'm giving up, confessing right now" Nagito shrugged and shook his head "It was me. I killed him"

"W-w-wha!" Ibuki yelled out, recoiling a bit

"H-huh... What!" Kazuichi yelled louder.

"Alright, let me at him then!" Akane cracked her knuckles, ready for a fight.

"th-that doesn't make any sense" Mikan spoke up timidly

"What sense is there to be made! He's confessing!" Kazuichi yelled again

"He couldn't have done it," Chiaki said

"Yeah, given what we know, it's impossible for him to-" Hajime started to speak but was cut off by Nagito speaking up

"But it really was me. I planted the knife there, I got Byakuya under that table and then I killed him" Nagito spoke in a matter-of-fact tone.

"l-lets just vote him out already," Teruteru said, sweating a lot.

"It couldn't have been anyone else that planted the knife there..." Sonia spoke, "Nagito was the only one who could have gotten something through Byakuya's inspection since he could've hidden it while he was cleaning"

"b-but the knife-" Mikan tried speaking but Nagito spoke up

"That's right, I even planned all of this out so that I would be the one cleaning"

"But, we drew lots for that!" Kazuichi spoke up

"Nagito's talent is luck" Peko mentioned.

"the wounds don't-" Mikan tried speaking again only to be cut off by Nagito once more

"I even planned the party." Nagito enthusiastically said

"H-huh! Byakuya was the one that decided to throw a party" Mahiru said

"I relied on his sense of justice to manipulate things my way, isn't that right Hajime" Nagito looked over at Hajime as he spoke

"The threatening letter that we found in Byakuya's cabin... You sent that to him in order to make him create a situation where all of us would be in one spot?"

"That's right! I'll admit that it was a little tricky, but luckily it all went well in the end. except for getting caught of course..." Nagito smiled as he spoke

"It's settled then Nagito is the killer," Teruteru said.

"I guess this wasn't as hard as we thought," Kazuichi said

"Let's just vote, I'm getting hungry" Akane picked her ear again as she spoke

"The knife isn't the murder weapon!" Mikan yelled out.

whoa" Ibuki flinched back a bit in response to Mikan yelling

"What do you mean, He confessed already, tha' case is closed" Teruteru spoke, combing his hair.

"Ugh, what does that matter pig barf.!" Hiyoko glared at Mikan

"The wounds were 10 millimeters in diameter, the knife is way bigger than that, and Nagito would have been covered in blood if he was actually the one that killed Byakuya." mikan said.

"She's right. And, from what Y/n told me, Nagito was pushed away from where the knife was before he could have grabbed it!" Hajime spoke

"That's right. Shortly after the lights went out, Nagito was pushed into me, knocking me and Hiyoko to the floor. and after that, The killer struck...from under the floor. " I spoke up.

"Under the floor!" Ibuki exageratively yelled.

"So that means everyone that was in the main room at the time, is not a suspect" Nagito spoke up enthusiastically.

"Are you fucking with us now!?" Fuyuhiko growled out, glaring at Nagito

"So, we're back to square one," Mahiru spoke, frowning

"Not really. We now know that someone outside of the party room is the culprit. That leaves Teruteru, Fuyuhiko, Peko, and me" Chiaki spoke up.

"Then wouldn't Fuyuhiko be the prime suspect?" Mikan said nervously

"Don't fuck with me! I'll sell you to a whorehouse you stupid bitch!" Fuyuhiko aggressively yelled.

"You're not helping your case by being aggressive" I spoke up

"Fuck you bastard!"

"Fuyuhiko was the only one not at the party, so he could've snuck under the floor from outside," Nagito said

"I'll fucking kill you if you keep spouting bullshit!"

"he couldn't have gotten under the floor from outside. Chiaki and Gundham checked" Hajime said

"yup. There is no way under the building from the outside" Chikai brought up.

"See! I'm not the fucking killer!"

"he could've been hiding under there since before the party!" Kazuichi said

"Do you want to fucking die!?"

"That isn't the case either, since Chikai saw him outside while the party was going on," Hajime said.

"I can double confirm that!" Monomi chimed in from my lap.

"Monomi can also confirm that Chiaki didn't leave her post guarding the exit, so that's two people off the suspect list," I said.

"It's between Peko and Teruteru now," Hajime said.

"Let's focus on Peko since she was supposed to be guarding the fuse box in the office," Sonia said

"That's right! She could've been the one that shut off the power to kill!" Kazuichi said

"That likely isn't the case." I spoke up "The actual power box in the room is high up the wall, so she'd need a stool to reach it, and even then she'd have to navigate in the dark to get out of that room."

It's still possible for someone to do that!" Kazuchi yelled.

"that requires a lot of skill and familiarity with the room to do. especially since she wasn't in the room before or after the power went out" I spoke again. staring at Kazuichi.

"huh? What do you mean she wasn't in there?!" Nekomaru shouted

"Nekomaru's account does back that..." Hajime said

"My account?" Nekmaru questioned

"before the lights went off, you said that there was someone in the bathroom, and they were still in there after the lights came back on." Hajime started. "The only person it could have been is Peko."

"OH, so she was takin' a shit" Nekomaru shouted out, slapping his hand onto his forehead and laughing.

"Alright, let's skip over all the toilet humor and go to the next suspect," I said.

"teruteru right? but I'm pretty sure we heard him in the party hall while the lights were out, so it couldn't have been him." kazuichi said.

"Could it have been a recorded voice?" Hajime asked

"nope, Ibuki definitely heard a live voice," Ibuki said.

"then that proves that I'm innocent," Teruteru said, combing his hair more

"Not necessarily. You could've just been shouting from below the floor." I spoke

"Wha'. That's balogne." Teruteru said angrily

"There were gaps in the floor that could've made it seem like he was in the room with us..." Hajime said.

"n-n-nonsense! I came inta tha' room from da' kitchen!" Teruteru said

"how would he have gotten under the floor in the first place," Nagito said.

"We'd have to ask Gundham that" Hajime spoke up looking over at Gunham

Gundham stood with his arms crossed, a smirk on his face "So it is time for me to tell the story of how I recovered the Hellhound earring and saved this world from annihilation."

"preferably without the dramatics," Kazuichi said.

"It started once I entered the dark cave of hidden objects. My dark Divas of destruction sensed a portal to the lower realm and revealed it to me." Gundham spoke in a loud voice.

"So to translate, He went into the store room at the back of the building and one of his companions found a hatch leading under the floor." I spoke up "That means Teruteru would be the closest person to that passage when the lights went out."

"How would he have been able to traverse in the darkness?" Nagito asked

"maybe he had some kind of light?" Chiaki spoke up

"Yeah, there was a portable stove he could've used as a light," Hajime said

"But if there was a light, wouldn't we have been able to see it?" Akane asked, one hand on her hip

"Yeah, I didn't see any light coming from the hall" Kazuichi exclaimed loudly

"How are you gonna dispute that one Hajime?" Nagito challenged.

"The fire doors," Hajime said after a moment of speaking. "The fire doors separate the hall between the kitchen and the main room. if those were closed, then no light would have reached where everyone else was."

"I see, how clever" Nagito smiled as he spoke.

"So, we know it's Teruteru?" Akane asked.

"Ya'll doe know nuthin! I was I dat dere partay room afta tha' lights wen' oud ya'll heard me!" Teruteru practically yelled in a barely understandable accent.

"what the hell is wrong with his accent!" Hiyoko spoke up

"I alway talkin like dis, I doe know wha' ya' talkin bout" Teruteru responded

"Accent aside, you're claiming that us hearing you in the room is proof that you were in there, but we already proved that you could have made it seem like you were in there," I spoke up

"ya' flimsy argumen' ain't proof! I was in there I swear tah muh momma!" Teruteru spoke

"If that's the case, then tell me what condition Mikan was in when the lights turned back on" I responded, staring at him

"Huh!? wha' does tha' mattah?" Teruteru asked.

"There is no way someone like you would forget about it!" Mahiru spoke up

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have shown you all something like that !" Mikan cried out

"wh-wha! I uh.. of course I rememba' "Teruteru spoke up, sweating a lot

"Oh really? Then describe it" I said, staring at him.

"It was quite the erotic sight.." Kazuichi said

"i-it was?" Teruteru spoke up "I mean... uh"

"You can't recall since you weren't there," Hajime said, frowning

"ya' can't prove dat!" Teruteru yelled.

"We just did, What more proof do you need?" Mahiru said

"Well.. i.. uh... Tha Murdah weapon! There wasn anythan I coulda used!" Teruteru yelled.

"that hardly matters, but if we must figure it out... the murder weapon is 10 milimeters in diameter and at least a 40 centimeter long." I spoke up

"Hmm... that's about the size of the meat skewers that Byakuya confenscated at the start of the party." Chiaki mentioned

"Now that you mention it, there was a meat skewer that was missing from the kitchen manifest." Hajime said, putting his hand up to his chin as he was thinking "Teruteru said that it was missing, but that was the only thing not accounted for, so it could've been a lie."

"Didn't you guys thoroughly check the kitchen though?" Nagito asked.

"There might've been something we missed somehow" Hajime responded.

"ya can't condemn me on a whim! I Ain't hide any weapawn in tha' kitchen! there ain't no place i coulda hiddan it!" Teruteru argued.

"No, there is one place it could've been hidden." I spoke up

"Yeah.. on the meat bone" Hajime said

"what? are you okay Hajime?" Nagito asked.

"He means that massive slab of meat with the bone sticking out of it." I said

"Oh, the meat on the bone" ibuki said knocking on her head.

"Some people might think that doesn't make sense either." I responded before continuing "The piece of meat would be large enough to hide the skewer inside if you hide the handle. And I did find it suspicious that the meat seemed to be a back cut while having a leg bone sticking out of it."

"Huh? what are you talking about?" Kazuichi questioned.

"the meat didn't come from the leg of a cow, it was too large to be the case. However the bone sticking out of it was in the shape of a femur. if any bone would be sticking out of that meat, it would've been a spine segment which has a much different shape." I explained.

"So, the bone was replaced?" Hajime asked.

"Either it was replaced, or there wasn't a bone there to begin with" I responded.

"It's not like we can figure that out now. We left that thing behind." Nekomaru said

"We'll lets go get it now! I'll scarf that thing down and we'll find out!" Akane yelled out, drooling

"About that..." Shirokuma spoke up, looking at Monokuma who was sitting in his throne, chomping away at the piece of meat.

"WOAH! A meat eating bear! Everyone run!" Ibuki shouted out "Wait, actually that's normal"

"S-Stop it!" Teruteru yelled out. "you cant eat that!"

"Mmm, so delicious! This takes me back to my days in the wild" monokuma spoke while eating

"Stop! That's my meat!" Akane yelled out

"Hmm? There appears to be something in the middle of this!" Monokuma said

"This is bad!" Teruteru said, sweating bullets

"Whats this? A shiny skewer!" Monokuma said, holding up the revealed skewer. The handle of the skewer being covered in a bone.

"The sword encased in bone, such an evil appearance!" Gundham spoke up.

"there we have it, the murder weapon" Nagito said, clapping.

"Do us a favor and be quiet Nagito. " Chiaki said.

"So, there's no more loose threads that need tied up before the verdict right?" Peko asked

"The killer is obvious, but just in case, we should summarize what we know" Hajime said

"thanks for volenteering then hajime" I said

"Huh?" he looked at me in shock

"yeah, take it away hank" Akane said

"It's hajime...." Hajime said before sighing "nevermind."

"Hurry up already" Fuyuhiko yelled.

"Okay.." Hajime said before taking a deep breath. "It all started 2 days ago, before any of us had even realized. Nagito sent a threatening letter to Byakuya, warning that somebody was going to murder. In response to the letter, Byakuya decided to set up a situation where no one should be able to kill"

"the party where everyone would be able to keep an eye on eachother..." Chiaki said

"that's right, however that was a part of Nagito's plan." Hajime continued "Nagito somehow set it up so that he would be on cleaning duty so he could set up his murder. Some time when he was setting it up, Someone had managed to find out about Nagito's plot and set up a plan of their own."

"it was all happening right under our noses" Nekomaru said

"When the time came for the party to start. Byakuya checked everyone upon entry, but he couldn't account for what was already inside the building." Hajime spoke, looking down. "While everyone was partying, a blackout was triggered exactly at 10:30, using the ac units to trigger the fuse. During this blackout is when the murder took place. The killer snuck under the floorboards and went to where the glow in the dark paint dripped from the cracks. The killer called out from under the floor to make it seem like they were in the room with us. At the same time, in the dark, Nagito went to retrieve the weapon that he had planted beforehand using the cord from the lamp on the table as a guide. However, Byakuya got to him and threw him out from under the table, knocking over Y/n and Hiyoko."

"so that was the thud that ibuki heard" Ibuki said, still speaking in the third person

"Unfortunately, that action would lead to Byakuya's death. The killer was waiting under the floor for something to pass by the glow in the dark paint. The moment the knife was grabbed, the killer struck, stabbing up through the cracks in the floorboards. The attack would kill Byakuya and injure Y/n. After That, the killer would return to the kitchen before the lights could turn back on, hiding the weapon back in the meat that was on the counter. Once the body announcement played, the killer joined the group in the party room, acting like they were there the whole time." Hajime closed his eyes before opening them quickly and pointing at Teruteru "That killer, was you! Teruteru Hanamura.

Teruteru let out a lot of stuttering and nonsensical words, unable to come up with a response or a defense.

"I suppose it's finally voting time!" Monokuma said

"In front of you should be buttons showing everyone, just select who you think did it and confirm your answer." Shirokuma said

"Then we can get onto punishment" Kurokuma finished.

Everyone looked down at the podiums in front of them and casted their votes, once everyone had voted, a large screen at the back of the room lit up with an animation of a slot machine being used, stopping at a pixel art portrait of Teruteru. The word Guilty flashed on the face of the slot machine and the screen was filled with gold coins and solitaire victory animations.

"Congradulations! The blackened of this case was The ultimate cook, Teruteru Hanamura. We've got a specia punishment lined up just for him. Any last words from the guilty?"

"I didn't mean to.." Teruteru spoke out

"What the fuck do yo mean! You fucking dumbass!" Fuyuhiko yelled at him

"You killed Byakuya in cold blood" Kurokuma laughed

"It wasn't supposed to be byakuya!" Teruteru said

"Right, you were trying to get Nagito." Peko mentioned.

"Th-that's right! He was gonna kill someone so I had to stop him!" Teruteru claimed.

"Speaking of... Nagito, did you plan all of this?" Hajime asked.

"oh, am i allowed to speak now?" Nagito said "Of course I couldn't have planned all of it"

"What do you mean? clearly this all worked out in your favor" Kazuichi said

"I didn't expect Byakuya to be the one that died." Nagito spoke nonchalantly

"Huh? Ibuki can't make sense of this" Ibuki said

"I was fully prepared to die in order to help everyone's hope shine." Nagito said cheerfuly "However, Byakuya died in my place, and I couldn't let his death be in vain, so I had to improvise a bit and help Teruteru"

"You're a fuckin' psycho" Fuyuhiko spat.

"it doesn't make sense. Nagito was supposed to be the one that died!" Teruteru said

"Actually. It does make sense." Chiaki said

"Huh? What do you mean?" Hajime questioned

"Remember what Byakuya said? He wasn't going to let any of us die. He was in possession of the night-vision goggles, so he probably saw that someone was going after Nagito."

"Ah... so he intentionally took my place to keep his promise... how despair inducing..." Nagito lamented.

"Can you be quiet again nagito?" Chiaki asked.

"So that's it. Fat fuck over there killed the wrong guy!" Kurokuma laughed loudly

"I.. I just wanted to protect everybody" Teruteru cried out

"Don't lie." Nagito spoke out coldly "It's unsightly for an ultimate to pitifully lie in this situation"

"I hate to agree with him. but He's right. If you wanted to protect anyone, you could have told someone about the plan Nagito had. But instead, you chose to take advantage of it" I spoke up, staring at Teruteru.

"I...I... I just wanted to see mama!" Teruteru broke down

"What?" Hajime spoke

"I had to know... I needed to see that she was okay..." Teruteru cried.

"but, you're the one that was denying Monokuma's words the most." Mahiru said

"yet he was the one who took it to heart the most" Nagito said "how sad"

"Seriously, no more talking from you Nagito" Chiaki said

"I need to know! Is she okay!?" Teruteru's cries fell on merciless ears as Monokuma pulled out a red button and a comically large mallet

"And now, It's time for a very special punishment" Monokuma started his speech

"Wait im not gonna ask for forgive, but please! I need to know what happened to Hanamura dinner, to mama! Please " Teruteru cried

"Ultimate cook, Teruteru Hanamura. It's punishment time!"

"Please, call me chef... that's not what i meant to say" Teruteru nervously spoke out

Monokuma brought down the mallet onto the button. The large screen played a short animation of Monokuma dragging off Teruteru. Suddenly, a hook shot out from the wall of the room and stabbed through Teruteru's leg, barbs preventing it from being pulled out as teruteru is dragged out of the room by his leg. The large screen began displaying what was happening to Teruteru after he left the room.

He was being pulled along by a helicopter, dangled upside-down above the sea. He was hung in place as a jet suddenly approached, launching a rocket at him. His eyes shut tight in fear, however the rocket exploded before hitting him, covering him in a beaten egg. A military helicopter appeared from where the jet had come from, this time launching a large missile at Teruteru and exploding into flour and breadcrumbs, coating Teruteru. After that, the helicopter holding him began moving again, leading Teruteru over a volcano and dropping him in. Instead of lava, the volcano appeared to be filled with deep frying oil. Teruteru was quickly deep-fried to death, then pulled out of the oil and dropped onto a large plate. The screen suddenly shut off, leaving everyone in the trial room quiet.

The Silence was broken by Monokuma letting out a loud laugh
"That really gets the adrenaline pumping!" He laughed out, holding his paws over his stomach.

"S-so creul" Momoni cried, hiding her face in my stomach

"T-Teruteru" Mikan whimpered, a look of shock on her face.

"Are you fucking serious" Kazuichi said through grit teeth, shaking in place

"Why... why did you do something so cruel?" Sonia asked

"Huh? Didn't you learn in elementary school? If you badmouth someone...The teacher writes it in a note, and makes whoever you badmouthed read to you in front of the class. When that happens, only then do you think about how it feels to be badmouthed." Monokuma lectured, rubbing the back of his head "The same applies to murder"

"That's tha's fuckin' Golden rule!" Kurokuma laughed "eye for an eye, Tooth for a tooth, body for a body."

"Karma sure is a bitch" Shirokuma cheerfully said

"So cruel... this is just too cruel!" Mikan cried

"Well, it can't be helped. Rules are rules and this is the killing rule after all!" Monokuma said

"What.... rule..." Hajime spoke "You're the one who's breaking the rules!"

"Huh?" Monokuma glared "I can't just let that slide. What do you mean?"

"When you mentioned the motive. Didn't you also promise something?" Hajime asked "why... why didn't you tell teruteru about his mom. or his diner!? He had the right to know!"

"Yeah! We all have the fucking right to know! So hurry up and tell us! What did you mean earlier when you mentioned out 'School memories'?"  Fuyuhiko demanded

"Oh yeah, I did promise to return your memories after the killing began..." Monokuma laughed.

Monomi started shaking and sweating "h-huh, you're gonna do that after what just happened"

"But I never told you guys that I'd tell you right away" Monokuma said

"What!?" Fuyuhiko said, shocked

"That's not fair!" Akane growled.

"Of course, I'll keep my promise to return your memories someday. "Monokuma snickered. "But, It's still not clear when that someday will actually be" Monokuma burst out laughing before disappearing

"Should'a read the fine print Suckers!" Kurokuma yelled before following

"what were you expecting? We aren't really being your friends here" Shirokuma said before vanishing as well

"I must excuse myself as well.... Th-there's something that I need to do!" Monomi jumped off my lap and ran off.

"What the heck" Kazuchi cried, gripping onto his hat.

"That's not fair! They all ran away!" Ibuki yelled

"Monokuma had us wrapped around his finger after all..." Mahiru spoke dejected

"An ending like this is just full of despair... a seriously tragic despair..." Nagito spoke sadly at first before quickly changing into a lighter tone "But still, at times like these.... as the symbols of hope, you guys need to keep doing your best!"

"You... why are you smilin' " Akane glared at him

"How can you smile in a situation like this you creep!" Ibuki shouted.

"Hold on, I'm sad too here. Didn't you know, from the bottom of my heart, I truly love you all. You Ultimates who inspire hope... and your splendid talents. There's no way i can be happy when we've lost such a talented individual. "

"Don't go sayin' creepy shit! I'll fucking kill you!" Fuyuhiko yelled

"Please, kill me at any time" Nagito happily said. "If you hate me, I don't mind you killing me! I've already prepared myself to become your stepping stone!" he began maniacally laughing "If absolute hope can be born from that... Then my life if nothing special. "

"You... how messed up are you!" Nekomaru asked, clenching his fist.

"However, if you're going to kill me, make sure you discuss it with me beforehand, okay? You see, if you do that, then i can cooperate with the killer." Nagito smiled

"are you seriously... intending to help the killer?" Hajime asked.

"It's nothing serious." Nagito continued speaking "If you're students of Hope's Peak Academy... If you're the symbols of hope who posses the chosen talents... Then it shouldn't matter to you guys at all if I cooperate with the killer, right?" Nagito looked at everyone.

"Hmph... declaring so confidently that you'll side with the killer..." Gundham muttered

"Maybe this is his plan all along." Hiyoko glared "Since he's willing to work with the killer, he wants us to think it's better for us not to kill him.."

"Well, I don't mind what you think of me...' Nagito spoke "In actuality, thanks to Byakuya, I'm starting to feel a small desire to live. Mostly, I just want to watch everyone destroy all the despair that comes for you, one after the other! ahaha... just kidding!"

"Hey, Can I punch ya? I just wont be satisfied till I punch ya!" Akane spoke

"Let's just stop this already... It's going to be a waste of time... if we keep dealing with him" Hajime slowly spoke.

"huh? Even Hajime hates me now? That stings... I felt you and I were quite similar." Nagito lamented.

"what does that mean" Hajime responded

"You hold a special feeling towards Hope's Peak Academy... just like me" Nagito claimed.

"Don't put me in the same category as you!" Hajime yelled.

"but how can you say you're not? Monokuma said it himself... We don't know anything about each other's true nature." Nagito spoke. "No if its true that our school memories were stolen, it's the same as not knowing our true selves too. That is especially true for you, someone who can't even remember what his talent is..."

"Actually. He does know what his talent is" I spoke up.

"what?" Nagito asked, shocked for a moment, before smiling "That's fantastic! news!"

"Can I punch him now!" Akane yelled.

"Please stop!" Sonia called out "We must not be doing this right now"

"what?" Kazuichi spoke out

"We can't be arguing like this now! There's something more important we must do" Sonia spoke

"Which is what?" Gundham questioned

"Our best." SOnia started. "but we must first leave here and rest... And then... We shall work together and do our best. Our best So we never have to come back here again. That is what I think... I believe we must do. I'm sorry... if only I was a better motivational speaker"

"No... That definitely touched my heart." Kazuichi said "You're totally right... what we need to do right now... is out best. If we do our best. It's definitely going to work out right?"

"yes... that's right" Sonia smiled

"But... what do we have to work hard at?" Fuyuhiko asked

"I do not know, but we must do our best." Sonia said.

"Jeez, I dont get you at all. Are you some kind of moron? " Fuyuhiko spoke.

"well... It's fine if you don't know... what matters is that you hold on to the feeling that you have to do your best. So... let's do our best. Let's make sure a killing like this never happens again." Chiaki spoke up.

"it's scary... but doing our best is or only option. There's no way I'm doing what Nagito said" Mahiru spoke up.

"All right! I dunno what you're all talking about, but let's do our best for now!" Akane yelled.

"Fine, even if we are not able to change the future, I guess I should at least change my tomorrow..." Gundham spoke

"Damn. fine. I'll give my entire existence, my entire power, my entire body and soul, and fight to the very end!" Nekomaru shouted.

"Let's all work together and do our best. Then we can get off this island!" Hajime said.

"This 'Do our best' talk is nice and all, but I'd like to get out of this room and go to bed now, Standing here by the elevator is really killing my leg." I spoke out.

"Seriously, you need to read the room!" Kazuichi yelled

"No, I need to get out of this room. Motivation is nice, but rest is more important." I responded.

"Big bro's right, I'm tired" Hiyoko spoke up and walked over to stand at the elevator with me

"I told you not to call me that" I said

"I don't care!" she responded.

"I'm pretty tired as well" Chiaki stated, yawning "I might fall asleep here..."

"Please don't, I don't think anyone should be carrying you to your cabin after all this" Hajime said

"Rest is a very important part of an athletes schedule!" Nekomaru shouted out and went to the elevator.

One by one, everyone started gathering at the elevator until it opened up. We rode it up to the surface and all headed back to our cabin. No doubt everyone that could locked their doors, we did just lose 2 people, no one would be comfortable trusting anyone anymore.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A/n:

It took quite a while for me to get this done. Between Technical difficulties, Holidays, other responsibilities, and my own procrastination. I'm really burnt out on life. Somewhat longer chapter this time though, so maybe that sort of makes up for it.
I hope the change in formatting doesn't bother anyone too much. I'm working on a smaller screen now so I had to break it up into this structure so I could write properly. I'm gonna get to work on my other stories now, hopefully I'll be doing more updates now but I don't make any promises.

As always, Until next chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 1.7K 27
As part of the 77th Class of Hope's Peak Academy, you were immediately branded with a reputation as an elite student, surrounded by similar elites. D...
4.3K 76 23
"You may not believe what I'm about to describe. You may call me a liar. You may laugh at my ridiculous story and consider it nothing but a figment...
28.6K 1K 28
The 53rd class of Hopes Peak Academy find themselves is quite the situation, when the 77th class blows up part of the building. The world's biggest...
14.7K 325 21
You got enrolled into Hope's Peak Academy! This will great for a new beginning you thought but you were wrong. Your trapped with 15 other students. Y...