The Good Family

By ItsYysabelleEe

In this piece, you will be able to see what a perfect, joyful, and blessed family looks like. Let's see why t... More

Welcome 馃
The Beginning 馃
Growing up 馃
Sweet Success 馃
Graduation 馃
Celebracion 馃
What a Day 馃
Irene's Day 馃
Tita Mommy 馃
Continuation 馃
Acts of Kindness 馃
Casual Day 馃
Piece of Art 馃
Anuncio馃
Quick Trip 馃
Imeldefic馃
Terno馃
Old Photographs馃
Empresa馃
Unforseen 馃
Flee 馃
Errands 馃
Episodes馃
Invited 馃
Los Angeles ?
Prep 馃
Infante 馃
Noche Buena 馃
Siblings 馃
New Year 馃
Momentos 馃
Bloom 馃
Besties 馃
The Return 馃
Secure 馃
ARA 馃
Amable 馃
Jealousy 馃
Disculpas 馃
Proclamation Rally 馃
Uniteam 馃
Bulacan 馃
Noticias 馃
Perd贸n 馃
Ava 馃
La Catedral 馃
Descubrimiento 馃
Sobreviviente 馃
Ecuestre 馃
Activista 馃
Talento 馃
Extranar 馃
馃
Compartir 馃
馃
Unica Hija 馃
H茅roe 馃
Reuni贸n 馃
Pap谩 馃
Generaci贸n 馃
Supper 馃
Miting De Avance 馃
Miting De Avance .2 馃
Continuation 馃
Mother's Day 馃
Elecci贸n 馃
Mansi贸n 馃
El Triunfo 馃
Despu茅s 馃
Agridulce 馃
Elegido 馃
Unity 馃
Ocupado 馃
Triste 馃
Inauguraci贸n 馃
Finalmente 馃
Apo Lakay 馃
馃
M煤sica 馃
馃
Miedo 馃
Apegada 馃
Creciendo 馃
Evolucionando 馃
Vida 馃
Temor 馃
Ni帽a 馃
Bazar 馃
Homenaje 馃
Alegr铆a 馃
Apreciar 馃
Monarca 馃
El Fin 馃

Imprevista 馃

466 27 12
By ItsYysabelleEe

~~
The Aranetas have fully recovered from their illness, which caused them to miss Bong's inauguration. Currently, they are getting ready for the upcoming SONA, just two days away. Numerous changes in their family setting have become palpable since Bong's victory in the election.

Heightened security measures and concerns have been implemented by not only the first family but also by everyone. All eyes are on the impending SONA of Bong, a moment that promises to provide valuable insights into the nation's future direction.

~fast forward~

Irene had just finished lunch with her friends at Ana's restaurant. Amidst their lively conversations, Yara asked her mom if she could wander around the mall while Irene enjoyed chatting with the other titas.

Irene: Dad really insists that you're not allowed, *whispering* sweetheart, Uncle Bong's SONA is just two days away, security is tight.
Yara: But you see, Mom, the guards are practically everywhere. It'll be quick, I promise. I just want something from Jewelmer.

The Titas of Manila chimed in, suggesting that Irene should allow her since she was accompanied by so many bodyguards.

Michelle: Payagan mo na, Irene.
Ana: Yes, Irene, look at that pleading face. Too cute *giggling*

Irene: Alright, alright. Be back in an hour, Alana Yara Victoria Marcos Araneta, or else both of us will be scolded by your dad.
Yara: *joyful* I will, Mommy. Thanks, titas *winked*

As they were about to leave, Yara gave her mom a cheek kiss and quickly said goodbye to her aunts. They headed straight to the mall and initially looked for the jewelry shop Yara wanted. However, before she could get there, she got distracted by a clothing boutique.

Yara's eyes lit up as she stepped into the trendy clothing boutique. Rows of stylish outfits beckoned her, each vying for her attention. The vibrant colors and chic designs seemed to cast a spell, momentarily diverting her from her original mission.

Yara: *musing* Well, a quick detour won't hurt, right?

She browsed through the racks, her fingers grazing the fabric of various dresses and tops. Yara's mind began to wander, envisioning herself wearing these fashionable pieces at future events and gatherings.

"Good day, Miss! Is there anything specific you're looking for?"
Yara: *smiling* Oh, I'm just browsing for now, thank you.

Yara continued her exploration, entranced by the array of options. She couldn't resist trying on a few outfits, admiring herself in the mirror. As the minutes ticked by, her initial plan to visit the jewelry shop gradually faded into the background.

Outside the boutique, Irene and her friends enjoyed their time catching up and savoring their meals. Meanwhile, the conversation turned to Yara's adventurous spirit and her knack for getting into unpredictable situations.

Michelle: Irene, your daughter is quite the free spirit now, isn't she? *teasing*
Irene: *chuckles* That's one way to put it. But she's got a heart of gold. Always curious and eager to explore.

Back at the boutique, Yara finally emerged from the dressing room, wearing an elegant dress that accentuated her youthful charm. Lost in her thoughts, she imagined the reactions of her family and friends when they saw her in this attire.

" The dress suits you perfectly, Miss."
Yara: *grinning* Thank you! I might just take it.

As Yara approached the counter to make her purchase, a glance at her watch brought her back to reality.

Yara: *surprised* Oh no, time flew by!

With a newfound sense of urgency, Yara collected her bags and hurriedly left the boutique. Yara stands by the door of an upscale venue, glancing around as her bodyguards wait nearby.

*watchful* "Miss Yara, we should head back to your mom now. It's been an hour."
Yara: Ate, I think I'll be fine on my own for a bit. I'm not done yet, I promise it'll be the last stop. I'll just visit the jewelry shop and then we'll go back to mom.

"Miss, we can't allow you to wander off. Your safety is our responsibility." *concerned*
Yara: *pleading* Come on, Ate, it's just for a short while. I'll stay close, I promise.

The bodyguards hesitated, caught between their duty and Yara's insistence.

*sighs* "Alright, but please, stay within sight, and don't take too long."
Yara: Thanks, Ate! You're the best guys! *grinning*

With that, Yara slipped away into the bustling crowd, her heart racing with a mix of excitement and nerves. As she saw the jewelry shop, her excitement grew, eager to find the perfect piece to complete her day's adventure.

As Yara reached the entrance of the jewelry shop, her excitement bubbled over. Little did she know, this impromptu detour was about to lead her down a path of unexpected encounters and unforeseen challenges, forever altering the course of her day.

Yara: A little gift would be a nice surprise for Mom and Dad.

As Yara browses through the items, she strikes up a conversation with the employee, who seems very friendly.

*smiling* 'Ah, a young lady with exquisite taste! This bracelet would be perfect for your parents."
Yara: *nodding* It is beautiful. Can you find three matching designs? If so, I'd like to take them.

"Certainly, let me fetch those for you! I'm sure you're proud of your Uncle's election victory."
Yara:*enthusiastic* Yes, he worked hard for it.

As Yara reaches for her wallet, a group of people begins to murmur, their stares turning hostile.

*whispering* "Look who it is, acting all innocent."
"Daughter of Greggy Araneta', the man who's a land grabber." *spiteful*

Yara's heart races as the atmosphere shifts from friendly to tense. She pays for the pieces of jewelry quickly and tries to leave, but the group blocks her way

Yara: *nervous* Excuse me, I need to get going.
*mocking* "Going to where? your luxurious life while others suffer?"

Yara's attempt to diffuse the situation fails, and before she knows it, the confrontation escalates. The group's anger toward her family reaches a boiling point, and they become physically aggressive.

*shouting* "Teach her a lesson!"

One of the attackers shoves her forcefully, catching her off guard. She stumbles, into a jewelry display. The impact causes a jewelry drawer to slide off its rail, and a glass ornament tumbles toward Yara.

Yara:*startled* Hey, what's going on? *panicking* Oh no!

Yara finds herself surrounded and, in a state of panic, calls out for help. She tries to defend herself, but the situation quickly gets out of control.

The attackers sneer and laugh maliciously as Yara struggles to regain her balance and her senses.

"Not so high and mighty now, are you?" *laughing*
*scoffing* "Thinking you're important just because your uncle's about to give his precious first SONA."

Before the situation can escalate further, the sound of hurried footsteps approaches.

*bodyguards rushing in* "Miss Yara!"
"Back off, now!" *authoritative*

They arrive just in time to intervene, pulling Yara away from the hostile group. The group disperses, leaving Yara shaken, and the guards stand protectively by her side.

Yara:*breathing heavily* Thank you, Ate.
*concerned* "Are you hurt, Miss Yara?"

Yara: *shaken, holding her wounded hand* I... I think I got hit by that glass. I have a laceration on my right hand, but I'm okay, just a little scared because of the blood. Let's... let's get out of here.
*worried* "Let's get you out of here. We need to make sure you're okay."

As the bodyguards escorted Yara away from the shop, their primary concern was ensuring her safety and well-being. While they drove towards the restaurant's location, little did Yara know, Irene was already waiting for them there. As Irene quickly boarded the vehicle upon its arrival, Yara found herself grappling with the right moment to share the incident with her mother.

Yara: *pale face, shaking, crying* Mommy.
Irene: Little girl, what's wrong? *panicking, concerned*

Yara: *crying, nervous* Well, I kind of got into a situation at the jewelry store.
Irene: What happened, sweetheart? *alarmed* You are not ok

Yara: *hesitating* I was looking around, and then these people started saying things about our family, and... things escalated.
Irene: Escalated? *worried*  Yara, are you hurt?

Yara: *hiding her bloody hand* I got hit by a glass display, but it's just a scratch.
Irene: *sharply* A scratch? Let me see.

Irene's eyes widened in shock as she examined the wound on Yara's hand, blood gushing out from the laceration. Panic laced her voice as she reacted to the seriousness of the injury.

Irene: *voice trembling, almost breathless* Yara this is much worse than a scratch! It's a laceration from your hand. The wound is deep, and you're bleeding. We need to get your wound cleaned properly, now! Let's go to the nearest hospital immediately.

"Miss Yara, I'll apply pressure on the wound to slow down the bleeding for now. We are heading to the nearest hospital now"
Irene: Thank you, Lou. Please, you have to walk me through what happened to my daughter. I need to understand what led to this.

Irene's hands trembled as she held onto Yara, her heart pounding in her chest as she grappled with the shock and urgency of the situation.

Yara: *burst out crying * Mommy, am so scared of them, I didn't know why they had to do that, I'm so sorry, mama, I should have just listened to you.
Irene: *hugging Yara tightly, confused about what happened* It's not your fault, sweetheart. We'll discuss everything later, or when you're feeling better *felt sad for her daughter* For now, let's prioritize treating your wound. But we need to tell your dad about this.

Yara: *anxious* Mom, if Dad finds out, he'll be furious. And, you'll have a fight over this.
Irene: *softly* I know, my love. But we can't keep something like this from Dad. He'll be even angrier if he hears about it later.

Yara: *nervous* Can we wait until after the SONA? I don't want to ruin the event for everyone.
Irene: *hesitating* We'll see. But your safety comes first. Let's go to the hospital to take care of your wound, and then we'll figure out how to approach your dad about this.

As they rushed to the hospital, Yara's wound received the necessary attention. Irene stayed by her side, Yara crying the whole time, her eyes welled up with tears as doctors worked on stitching her skin and applying skin glue to seal the wound. Before leaving the hospital, they were provided with antibiotics to prevent infection and prescribed an antibiotic cream for further care at home.

On their way home, they didn't know that Greggy had already been informed and had swiftly requested the footage from the jewelry's CCTV. The bodyguards had promptly relayed the details to him immediately after Yara had gotten into the car, adding an unexpected layer of complexity to the situation.

~earlier conversations~

In a moment of panic, and perhaps following protocol, Yara's bodyguard had placed a call to Greggy to report the incident at an earlier point.

*urgently* "Sir, we need to talk to you about something important."
Greggy: *concerned* What's going on? Why do you sound so serious?

*somberly* "Sir, there was an incident involving Miss Yara at the jewelry store."
Greggy: *alarmed* Yara? Jewelry store? Is she hurt? Tell me right now!

*hesitating* "She's physically okay, sir, but she got hurt during an altercation."
Greggy: *harp anger* Hurt?! My daughter was hurt and you're telling me now? What happened?

*apologetic* "Sir, we handled the situation immediately. It was a minor injury, a possible wound on her hand. She's safe now."
Greggy: *voice trembling with rage* You're supposed to protect her! She's my only daughter, damn it!

*calmly but firmly* "Sir, we understand your anger. We take full responsibility for what happened. Our main focus was to ensure her safety."
Greggy: *voice raised* Safety? She got hurt! That's your only job! To keep her safe!

*respectfully* "Sir, we failed this time, and we deeply regret that. We'll ensure it never happens again."
Greggy: *exhales heavily, his anger turning into a mix of frustration and concern* Just... make sure she's okay now. I want to talk to her immediately.

*assuring* "Certainly, sir. She's in the other car with Sargent Lou, en route to pick up Ma'am Irene, and we'll have her speak to you right away."

The air was thick with tension, a shared realization that they had inadvertently stirred a tempest within a father's heart, leaving them to grapple with the aftermath of their actions.

~~
Greggy's mind raced with a whirlwind of emotions as he hung up the phone. He felt a potent blend of fear, anger, and gnawing helplessness that clenched at his heart. He paced back and forth in their house, his thoughts consumed by the safety of his daughter. He clenched his fists, struggling to contain the surge of emotions threatening to overwhelm him. He couldn't fathom how Yara had ended up in such a situation, and his mind replayed various worst-case scenarios.

Meanwhile, Irene's heart raced as Yara shared the incident with her, her worry growing with each word. She wanted to be strong for their daughter, to assure her that everything would be okay, but deep down, her fear mirrored  Yara's. She knew Greggy's too well, and the thought of his reaction sent a shiver of apprehension through her.

~to be continued~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.4K 3.6K 32
(n): someone who hides pain behind a smile.
25.6K 2K 38
Growing up with a powerful family has it's ups and downs. You indeed get to have perks for carrying such a prominent surname, but to what extent can...
9K 671 12
When Greggy had an accident, Saoirse Maryella Vivianne Louise Araneta is forced to stay with her mother, Irene, who she hasn't seen in years. The ten...
11.9K 438 22
A sequel to They don't know about us. Now that Irene is married to Greggy Araneta, what happens to her first born daughter Leandra from her previous...