Miedo 🦋

~~

Irene's POV
Yara's words tighten around my heart, each one deepening the well of worry within me. The fear that mirrors hers claws at my thoughts, made sharper by the looming specter of my husband's mere thought of his potential reaction and anger. The prospect of witnessing the CCTV footage, exposing my daughter's trauma, is a fear that sends a shiver of anguish down my spine, threatening to unravel the last threads of my strength.

When Irene and Yara arrived home, their bodyguard gestured for them to wait, indicating that they needed to have a conversation. Yara remained in the car while Irene stepped aside to speak with them.

*approaching, a serious expression* "Ma'am Irene, there's something you need to know."
Irene: *concerned* Lou, what's going on?

*directly* "I'm afraid Sir Greggy already knows. One of the security informed him right away. He's furious and has requested the CCTV footage."
Irene: *nervous* Oh no, Lou. I need to see that footage first. I want to know exactly what happened before Greggy does.

"We're already working on retrieving the footage for you, Ma'am. We'll have it ready within a minute"
Irene: *frustrated, her voice tense* Lou, this is the last thing we needed. I can't believe he found out already. I need that footage immediately.

*reassuringly* "I understand your urgency, Ma'am Irene. We're working swiftly to have the footage by now."
Yara: *worried, speaking softly* Mom, I'm so sorry for all of this.

Irene: *softening, holding Yara's hand* Sweetheart, none of this is your fault.
*returning with the footage, handing it over*  "Here's the footage, Ma'am Irene"

Irene and Yara sit down to watch the CCTV footage, their faces reflecting a mix of anxiety and anticipation, especially Yara's. The tense atmosphere is palpable as Irene witnesses the events unfold before her eyes.

Irene embraces her daughter tightly, tears streaming down her face. Her heartbreak is tangible, aching for Yara's pain.

Yara: *teary-eyed, scared, whispering* I didn't realize it would turn into this, Mom. I just wanted to buy something nice for you and Dad.
Irene: *softly, squeezing Yara's hand* It's heartbreaking to see what you went through, my love.

After reviewing the footage, Irene's determination intensifies.

Irene: *resolute* Lou, I want to make sure we handle this situation wisely. I need to talk to him before he confronts us.
*nodding*  "Of course, Ma'am. I'll manage it and ensure everything is in place."

Yara looked up at her mother, her eyes filled with a mix of fear and uncertainty.

Yara: Mom, what if Dad's really angry?
Irene: Sweetie, I won't let anything happen to you. If Dad gets angry, we'll deal with it.

Yara: *tears welled up, clung to her mom* I'm just so scared, Mom.

Irene brushed a strand of hair from Yara's face, her voice unwavering.

Irene: I know, darling. Fear is natural, but we can't let it control us instead we face it with courage.
Yara *nodded, gripping her mom* Okay, Mom. I trust you.

Irene *held Yara even closer, a quiet determination in her gaze* I love you, anak. And no matter what, we'll be strong and protect you, always. Mommy will be by your side forever.

Irene made a conscious effort to hide her worries from Yara, but deep down, the incident with Yara shook her to the core. She gathered her strength, preparing herself to have a candid and resilient conversation with Greggy, fully aware of the potential storm of anger her husband might unleash.

The Good FamilyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara