Triste 🦋

Since Bong's Inauguration is only a few days away, Irene decided that it was best for them to isolate themselves to ensure they wouldn't put anyone at risk, even if it hinders them from being there at her brother's inauguration.

~~

Even if it was only the flu, Irene and her family with their staff at home isolated themselves after learning that their tests for the virus had come back positive. Bong gave Irene some of the medication he took to recover from Covid, Since their household only stays in their rooms, they won't acquire the virus, Imee and Imelda sent additional supplies because no one ever really leaves their house, as it was also Greggy's instruction.

Yara is the most vulnerable since she has asthma and it's getting harder for her to breathe. Greggy still has a cough, and Irene has symptoms already, yet they are only mild. They had a difficult time in the first few days because Irene was prohibited from staying with Yara as she might be more sick; even if so, she wants to look after her daughter but it's not allowed at this time.

Aside from having their doctors monitoring them, they employ a nurse to keep an eye on their family, mainly their daughter Yara, and with the assistance of Irene's house help to take care of them.

One morning, Greggy received a call from Irene to express her frustration.

Irene: *sobbing* I want to see our daughter Greg.
Greggy: Dear, calm down. You are ill as well, and your symptoms may worsen. As the doctor advised, it will only last for a few days. Once the duration ends, we may go see Yara.

Irene: I'm already infected, I have the symptoms, I just need to be with her, to monitor her closely. And, I am well compared to our daughter, the virus is triggering her asthma and she's having attacks, Greg, please. *begging*

Greggy: Honey, I understand how upset you are and how much you wanted to be there for our daughter, but put yourself first. We are both growing greater in age, and a nurse is constantly monitoring Yara. She is strong like her mom, she wouldn't want you to be in danger as well. Just a little while, my love.

Irene: *relieved* How I wish you were here with me; hugging me. I know you're ill as well. I appreciate your constant comfort and assurance, honey; thank you, and I love you.
Greggy: Te amo, siempre, mi amor.

No matter how Greggy genuinely wanted to embrace and comfort his Irene, he was struggling to do so at the moment since they were in different rooms as a precaution to prevent them from spreading their illnesses around and making their symptoms worse.

~~
After three days, Irene pleaded with their doctor to let her come see her kid, and they consented, since Yara is making a slow but steady recovery, but reminded Irene to exercise extra precautions for her safety and her daughter's.

Irene followed what their doctor said, she disinfected before entering her room wearing several layers of mask for Yara's safety, she held her hand and she woke up...

Irene: Hi little girl, how are you? *tear-eyed*
Yara: *voice trembling* I feel very sick, mama. It's still hard to breathe. How come you are here? You're not supposed to see me...

Irene: I find it hard to leave you alone, baby, especially at this time when you are most vulnerable.
Yara: But you could also be at risk; it's just tough for me right now since my asthma tends to flare up.

Irene: Hang in there alright? My brave girl, If Dad and I can get what you are feeling, we already did. You will be fine, my love.
Yara: Im so sorry Mom, that you can't attend Uncle Bong's Inauguration, I know it's important to you, being there...