Flee 🦋

~~

The Araneta family is leaving the country today. Yara earnestly requests her parents not to dwell too much on what happened to her, assuring them that she's doing okay. She implores them to treat it as if nothing happened, so she can stop worrying about it. Her parents agree.

Irene and Greggy receive numerous phone calls from concerned relatives, both from the Marcoses and the Aranetas, inquiring about Yara's well-being. Mama Meldy scolds them and vows to enhance their granddaughter's security upon her return. Imee offers to assist Bong in coordinating with the NBI regarding the threatening number targeting Greggy. Meanwhile, Liza plans to consult with their lawyers about potential legal action and the motive behind the failed abduction attempt on Yara.

Greggy, Irene, and Yara are the first to travel abroad, with Luis, Xandra, and their children planning to follow suit in the coming weeks. Alfonso and Andy are set to join them in California next week.

~~

Although Greggy and Irene hide their concerns from their child, they comply with Yara's request to act as if nothing had happened. Irene tightly holds her daughter, ensuring she is well-surrounded.

"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Araneta. My name is Kathy, and I'll be assisting you today. Shall we proceed to the Mabuhay Lounge Area?"

Irene: Good morning, hija. Certainly!
Yara: Mama, [whispering] I don't know how to fill out these forms.

Irene: That's perfectly fine, love. I'll help you with that later.
Greggy: Is this a direct flight, darling? Or will we have a connecting flight?

Irene: We'll have a layover at JPN for an hour or two, dear.

They patiently awaited their aircraft and sought refuge in the lounge, savoring a moment of tranquility amidst the airport's chaos. They immersed themselves in books, took moments to rest, relished the complimentary food, double-checked their belongings, and completed the necessary forms before departure.

A few minutes later, their boarding pass was called, and they made their way onto the aircraft. As Yara walked to their seats, she caught her mom striking a pose for a photo, which she promptly captured and shared online.

 As Yara walked to their seats, she caught her mom striking a pose for a photo, which she promptly captured and shared online

They changed planes after a four-hour flight to Japan for a layover. They didn't venture far into the airport, aware of the risks and feeling exhausted. All they longed for was to sink into slumber for the entire nine-hour flight to California.

~~

Irene: Honey, what meal would you like? They offer a selection of Western, Filipino, and Japanese dishes.
Greggy: A Filipino dish would be perfect, darling. [winked]

Irene: [nodded] Alright, my love, how about you?
Yara: I'll have a Filipino dish like Dad, and may I add a cup of tea?

"Certainly, Ms. Yara. We'll add that for you, and we'll have a dessert prepared especially for you, as per Mr. Tan's request to take good care of you during the flight, Mr. and Mrs. Araneta."