Moran - Dare to Love

By Ms_WhisperAngel

A story tells about Monami Mahajan, a soon-to-be graduate, freelanced by Karan Shergill, a young psychologis... More

Part -1
Part -2 Missing teenagers
Part-3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27 Coaxing and pampering
Part 28 Follow Rani sahiba k orders
Part 29
Part 30 A new case
Part 31 Who is the Murderer?
Part 32 love you like crazy
Part 33 Accident
Part 34 Statement
Part 35 Almost kiss
Part 36 Realisation
Part 37 Bar, drinks and indirect kiss
Part 38 A unique confession
Part 39 Some sweet time
Part 40 Goodbye
Part 41 Childhood memories
Part 42 Family Homicide
Part 43 His efforts to get praise
Part 44 Another family murdered
Part 45 Abandoned
Part 46 Caught but Got Injured
Part 47 Avni visits
Part 48 Shades of Karan Shergill
Part 49 A Beautiful Night
Part 50 How Fast the night starts to change
Part 51 Suicide or were being controlled?
Part 52 Say 'hello' to Jenny
Part 53 Now it begins
Part 54 A trip to US
Part 55 A video for Karan
Part 56 Trying to show his life
Part 57 Profiling him
Part 58 Analysing victims life again
Part 59 His Fantasy
Part 60 Hunt, Rescue and a Deal
Part 61 Little Moments
Part 62 Of accident and attacks
Part 63 For Being Karan Shergill's Woman
Part 64 Break out
Part 65 Parcel
Part 66 Simon's secret
Part 67 The letter or suicide note?
Part 68 J. I am back
Side story - Allen
Part 69 The kiss before he kills
Part 70 The plan behind the trap
Part 71 The Final Move
Part 72 The new Beginning
Side Story Faizi -1
Side story Faizi Part 2
Extra stories - 1
Extra stories 2 - The college life
Extra Story-3 Henpecked Husband
Extra stories -4 Parenthood for Mr. And Mrs Shergill

Extra stories -5

611 63 6
By Ms_WhisperAngel

Hey guys, thank you for all votes and comments you showered in the story...

This one is last extra story... Hope u will like it..

A story about ‘voice’( yeh wali mujhe extra story -1 ki thi... Google docs se jab watty par paste Kiya tab reh gayi thi..)

(from Chapter 12) 

Monami was lying on the bed at that time.

Your voice sounds funny.  Are you ok? Toothache ho raha h kya? Ya phir kisi ne aapke face par toh nahi mara jiski wajah se swelling aa gayi ho isliye aap ki awaaz aisi aa rahi hain?”  asked Faizi, imagining many things at a time..

Monami tried not to laugh. She has a whitening mask on her face. It’s hard to talk when you don’t want to open your mouth.

Mask! What’s up?” She answered.

Faizi was amused.  He turned to Karan and says: “Hey Karan, inki awaaz ek dam sheep jaisi sunai de rahi h.. It's kinda whiny but it's cute.. aap janaab sunana pasand karenge?"

Karan answered : ”Why would I want to hear her distorted voice?”

By this time, Monami has removed the thin piece of sheet from her face:Hey, maine apna mazak udwaane k liye phone answer nahi kiya hain."

——————

Even geniuses made errors of judgement. Karan realised this after he has a girlfriend.  

As you know, when a couple engaged in a particular… sport, the woman often involuntarily murmured some… strange sounds.

One night, after some vigorous ‘exercise’, they cuddled in bed. Monami was using her finger to draw circles on Karan’s chest. He looked down and grabbed her hand.  

Actually…” He said in a plain voice: “I don’t mind if you use that type of voice to speak to me.”

Monami was not sure what he was talking about: “kis type ki voice?”

Karan gave her a sly smile.  

Monami realised what he meant now. She blushed and retorted: “You mentioned before that you don’t like to hear my distorted voice. Why… ” 

Karan answered seriously: “I have to take that statement back.  I just discovered, this level of distortion excites me.” 

Monami: “….”

------------------

Parenthood of Mr. And Mrs. Shergill (second time)

Evan Shergill

Evan has been Karan’s little pride since his birth.   

Most babies are born without eyebrows. And because of the puffiness of their eyelids, some babies cannot open their eyes wide right away. However, little Evan has been a handsome boy right from the start of his life. Just seconds after he has come out of his mother’s womb, you can see his pair of black eyes looking around curiously.  

Karan’s evaluation is: “This son doesn’t look too stupid. Perhaps  iska IQ average se jyada hain - a portion of his father’s ability”

Monami was lying in bed. She is resting. The birth process was a lot more tiring than she expected. She was surprised: “Only a portion?”

Karan lifted up her hand and kisses it, and says: “My dear. You know ki main tumse bahut pyaar karta hoon but hum yeh sach toh jhutla nahi skte h na.. ki next generation ka IQ uske parents ke IQ ka average hota hai.... I am very sorry, but unfortunately our son can’t possibly be a genius.”

Monami: “….. GET OUT!”

———————-

However, as Evan grew, they realised Karan’s prediction was not very accurate.  

Even though it’s hard to identify all his talents and gifting at such a young age, it was evident that his son was more intelligent than other kids his age. According to Karan, Evan was not as smart as when he was a kid, but he still have to admit that ‘Evan is good enough to be considered a genius”.

It’s true that the little man is gifted in a certain area.

For example…

One day, when Monami gets home after work, she sees her son watching  an animal documentary. She smiled at him and asked him” Evu, baby, ko bhook lagi hain? Hum na bs abhi tumhare papa aa jae phir hum dinner k liye Nani ghar chalte h..”

Monami has a warm smile on her face as she spoke to her son. Evan took a quick glance at her, then turned back to watch TV.  And he said to her: “Maine notice kiya.. aapke chehre par frust.. frustrattation.. k sign dikh rahe hai.. Unhone iss baar kya kiya? Phir se kuch aisi bachhon wali harkat jiske baare me woh khud aware nahi hain”  

The ‘unhone’ Evan refers to is obviously his low EQ father.

Monami: “….. Apne papa k baare me aise nahi bolte hain! It’s something to do with a case we are working on.”

—————

Another example.

Karan was sitting in the study looking at the pictures of three suspects. He was trying to decide who the killer is…  

Evan came into the study to find a detective novel. He took a look at his father.  

Oh, jo second picture me woh killer hain.. kya toh...”  He said.

Karan was concentrating on his work, he subconsciously answered his son: “Oh, tujhe bhi yehi lagta hain.. You are my son indeed…” Then it dawned on him. He lifted his head and frowns: “Evan, tujhe mere micro-expressions read karne ki permission kisne di?”

Evan ignored his dad and sang the theme song from his favourite cartoon as he skipped out of the study. (However, he is completely out of tune.)

—————-

One more example.

During one of Karan and Monami’s wedding anniversaries, Karan said to Evan: “Aaj, tu aur mishti uncle Faizi ke sath night out karoge.. Mishti ko pareshan mat karna.. uncle Faizi ko kar sakta hain.. Aur haan main tumhari mumma ek important case par kaam kar rahe hain.. hume puri raat work karna hoga isliye we can’t be disturbed.”

Evan looked at his father and said: “Oh cut it out, dad.  Main janta hoon aapko mumma ke sath private time bitana hain.. Aapke micro-expressions hain na.. woh bilkul waise hi hain jaise... ummm...haan.. the same look that male animals have when they are aiming to attract females for mating.”

Karan answered without shame: “Ok. Toh Tu janta hain na tujhe phir kyon bahar jaana hain. Toh phir wahi kar jo keh raha hoon.”    

Monami blushed: “…. Shut up!  Both of you….”

———————-

That’s right, Evan is a natural when it comes to reading people’s micro-expressions. When he was ten, Karan brought him to the Polygraph Examination Office of National Intelligence Department. 

His test results are amazing.  Ordinary people will maintain their micro-expression between 1/25 seconds to 1/5 seconds. Most humans can only recognise longer and clear facial expressions, but Evan is able to recognise expressions maintained for only 2/25 second. That’s as quick as a computer!  

Monami is very proud of her son.  Karan is proud of him too, of course, but he is also a little uncomfortable.  This is because the expert in the Polygraph Examination Office told Evan he can visit the office whenever he wants to: “You can give us some advice when you visit.” 

Karan was invited to help the FBI when he was fifteen years old. But his son is only ten years old!

Even though he is uncomfortable that his son is invited to be a counsel at a much young age than him, and also he was too young for this but he resigns to the fact that in the area of micro expressions, his son shows more talent than him. After all, if it’s not for his superior genes, his son would never have this ability. So, it’s partly his achievement too.     

He enthusiastically designs a comprehensive ‘psychological crime investigation training program’ for his son. He is determined to train him up to be a top class detective, just as what he did with his wife.

Much to his surprise, Evan refused: “I am not interested. I am only interested in micro expressions.”

Karan is stunned. Then he laughs mockingly: “You will never become a top class detective if you only rely on micro-expressions.”

Evan thinks for a while, then he answers his father: “You missed one important point. An ‘ordinary’ genius like you will need to grasp the skills in all areas of investigation. But I am the genius of geniuses in micro-expressions. This will be enough for me to become a top class detective.”  

Karan smiled coldly. What?  His son says he is only an ‘ordinary’ genius?

What a joke! 

You are shallow and naive. I won’t discuss this with you any further.” He says: “But truth will reveal itself.  You will find out in time who is the genius of geniuses.”

——————

One month later. 

Karan invites his ‘unfavored’ son along to an interrogation. 

It’s the first time he is involved in a real interrogation. But Evan is very confident of himself.  He says arrogantly to his parents: “Give me ten minutes. Main uske micro-expressions read karke pura sach pta lga lunga.”

Monami watches as her son walks into the interrogation room. Karan has a cunning smile on his face.  

———————

Ten minutes later. 

Evan looks at the suspect. He can’t read the suspect’s micro expression on his face. He is shocked. How can this be? The speed of how fast he can recognise an expression is 2/25 second. Why can’t he read this man’s micro expressions?

Then Karan walks in.  

In all honesty, Karan rarely works on such simple cases. However, he is making an exception this time. His deductions are so detailed and accurate that the suspect is completely taken by surprise. He mutters: “Tumhe yeh sab kaise pta? kya tum antaryami ho? I admit… I admit… haan, maine hi usse maara hain…”

Evan stands in the room, flushed with shame.  

From that day onwards, he is a changed boy. He is no longer boastful of his own abilities. He accepts his father’s training and diligently takes on the comprehensive training.  

Both Karan and Monami are glad to see the change in attitude in Evan.

One evening, when the couple is in bed, Monami says to Karan: “Karan, tum sach me amazing ho.. Tumne successfully humare chhote se ladke ko persuade kr diya to build a solid foundation aur range of skills and techniques bhi sikhe woh... Well done.”  

Karan smiled: “Haan, woh toh hain hi na.. Aakhir main uska baap hoon woh Mera beta hain...”

Monami can’t help but laugh. She is a little puzzled too: “Woh suspect kitne ache tareeke se apni feelings chhupa paa raha tha na. Even Evan bhi uske micro-expressions nahi padh paaya...” 

Karan gave her a quick glance: “meri pyaari raani sahiba, koi bhi apni feelings itni ache se nahi chhupa sakta hain...”

Monami: “Huh?”

Karan smiles: “Ok, it took me a whole month, searching cases from all over the country, to find a suspect with paralysed facial muscles.  He is my son. How can he outdo me?  It’s just a simple trick. Ha ha…”

Monami: “….”

Karan, you went to such great lengths just to prove to your son you are smarter?  You are so childish! 

Karan: “Aur waise bhi he is not at the age to do these things….”

*****

Family Performance
( Somewhere in between)

First of August. The kindergarten requested each family to come up with a performance item.

This was a difficult task for the Shergill family,
The teacher suggested: “Perhaps aap ek sath gaana ga sakte hain.. Yeh sabse simple option hai..”

Immediately, both Mr. Shergill Snr and Mr. Shergill Jnr refused: “Nahi!”

In the end, Karan  told the teacher they will perform a dance. A scene from Swan Lake. Monami was shocked…

Later, she realised what he really meant. The dance will be performed by Monami and their daughter. As for father and son, they will pretend to be trees.  Two trees that stand on stage from the start to the end of the dance.

****

Okay so here we wrap this story...

I hope u guys enjoyed it...

Now I did write some parts of its sequel but the thing is na main tb hi usse publish karungi jab iss story ke votes 4.5 k ya usse jyada ho.. taaki mujhe Lage ki yeah it's neede u guys want it.... Waise ho jayega na... 80 parts h yaar.. silent readers hr part pr vote kro toh.. it won't be that much...

And also Guys please koi yeh message ya comment Mt Krna to update this or that story.. I will do... But one by one...

But yup do comment long wala on how u like the story... And which part u like the most in this story ( umm this was one of the question I was in interview for Devi's Gala book...)
Socha aap logon se bhi puchu.. afterall aap log bhi toh iss story ki journey ke mere sathi hain.. so do tell...

Love u guys..

Let's meet in a different story

Till then
Ta-ta

Signing off
Kriya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.6K 3.9K 28
❝ Let's make a deal ❞ He said with a mysterious smile. ❝ I don't want to ❞ She said denying . ❝ How about attacking you Ms.Mahajan? ❞ He said with a...
1.5K 158 15
Ira Sharma. She scowls on almost everybody that tries to know her, outside the professional boundary. But she wasn't always like this. She was a love...
38K 3.3K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
2.6M 120K 84
The story is of two individuals Siddharth Khanna and Anusha Singh. Both were gems to their parents, both spoiled, both stubborn, friends adored them...