BORN TO DIE | Max Mayfield

By sadieswifeirl

"So choose your last words, this is the last time, 'cause you and I, we were BORN TO DIE" In which Cassie Har... More

ACT ONE
CHAPTER ONE: the nightmare
CHAPTER TWO: the new girl
CHAPTER THREE: fucked up halloween
CHAPTER FOUR: Dustins new pet
CHAPTER FIVE: where is Hop?
CHAPTER SEVEN: attack and escape.
CHAPTER EIGHT: reunion.
CHAPTER NINE: zoomer.
CHAPTER TEN: where am i?
CHAPTER ELEVEN: snowball.
ACT TWO
CHAPTER TWELVE: epilogue.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: i don't think Suzie will copy.
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: boyfriends lie and reunions are the best.
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: where is Heather?
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: i'm not fucking flayed!
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: the source and what the fuck happened to Steve.
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: the battle of starcourt.
CHAPTER NINETEEN: the moving day.
ACT THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY: everything is about basketball.
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: how do you know where does Reefer Rick live?
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: drama at Eddie's new hideout.
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: when it rains, it storms.
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: Vecna's curse.
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: the graveyard is a depressing place.
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: Victor Creel's house.
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: Eddie the banished.
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: the cops.
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: Vecna.
CHAPTER THIRTY: preparation.
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: the end.

CHAPTER SIX: the lab.

507 11 14
By sadieswifeirl

"Get him out. Go! Go!"

At this point Will was screaming out of pain and Joyce was trying to calm him down, but to be honest, Cassie never felt so scared. She didn't even notice the tears streaming down her cheeks as she turned around not being able to watch. She grabbed a hand that was the closest to hers for some kind of comfort and it happened to be Mike Wheeler's hand.

"God! Hold on, sweetie! I'm right here. Just hold on." Will kept crying and Cassie did too. Mike noticed the girl crying he felt the tears too, so he just let her hold his hand.

"Vitals?" Cassie heard one doctor say and another replied. "Heart rate 220. Temperature's 106."

"Will, where does it hurt?"

"All over." Will kept grunting and crying and Cassie still couldn't get herself to look at her childhood best friend.

"She says he feels like he's burning. Check for burns."

"I don't see anything."

"Where does it hurt the most, Will?"
"Everywhere! Everywhere!"

Cassie opened the door to the hallway as she cried. She couldn't do this. Mike noticed the girl's disappearence and followed her.

"Cassie, what's wrong? Are you okay? What's going on?" Mike kept asking although he didn't recieve an answer, the brunette just continued walking, hands in hair, until she stopped and slided down a wall as she continued crying.

Mike walked to her and crouched down in front of her. He saw the state she was in and knew what was happening, because he's seen it before. She was having a panic attack.

"Alright, you taught me what to do, Uhm, yeah, so tell me five things you see."

Cassie looked around "Uhm, you, doors, lights, my hands and my shoes."

"Okay great, now uh, four things you can touch."

"Uhm you, the floor, my pants, the wall." Mike started to see, that it's working so he took it as a cue to continue.

"Yeah, now three things you can hear."

"Your voice, my voice and the lights."

"Okay, two things you can smell."

"Uhm, my perfume and detergents."

"And one things you can taste."

"My cherry lip balm." Mike saw that the brunette has calmed down and smiled.

"Thank you."

"Of course." He helped her up.

"No, seriously, thank you." They were both staring at each other and as on cue they both started to lean in. After a short moment they lips touched and they both kissed back. They pulled away to catch their breatch and Cassie chuckled as they both started walking back into Wills room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After some time, Will fell asleep. Due to Cassie's lack of sleep, she found herself sleeping on Mike's shoulder. Not that he minded. They both had a crush on each other since ever. But now they were more like a compensation for each other. Mike wanted El, but she wasn't there and Cassie wanted Max, but she wasn't sure, if Max liked her back. They both wanted someone else, but they couldn't have them, so they substituted them for each other. Cassie was sleeping until Mike started lightly shaking her shoulders. "Cassie wake up, Will's awake." After hearing those words, Cassie immediately raised from her chair and went to Wills bed.

"Mom?"
"Hey."
"Is there a doctor? We need a doctor!"
"Sweetie, how you feeling? You okay?"
"Okay, they're on their way. "Hey."

"Who is that?" Will said and Cassie and Mike shared confused glances. Why wouldn't Will recognize Bob? Cassie thought to herself.

"What? What? It's me, big guy. It's Bob."

"Are you a... doctor?"

"No. No, it's just me. Just... just Bob."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you know your name?"
"Will."
"Your full name?"
"William Byers."
"Do you know... Do you know who I am?"
"A doctor."
"Have we met before?"
"I don't remember."
"Hmm." To be honest Cassie was nervous about what's going to happen.
"You don't remember me? Okay. How about, uh... How about those two here? Know who that is? It's all right. Take your time."
"Those're my friends... Mike and... Cassie." Both Mike and Cassie grinned at the boy, happy that he remembered at least them.

"What about me, kid? You remember me? They tell me you helped save me last night. You remember that?"

"Do you remember anything about last night? About what happened?" The doctor chimed in.

"I remember they hurt me."
"You mean the doctors?"
"No. The soldiers."
"The soldiers hurt you?"
"They shouldn't have done that. It upset him."
"You say, 'Upset him.' Is that him?" The doctor took out a picture and Will nodded. "Okay. Okay, wanna try something. It's gonna seem a little odd at first, but I think it's really gonna help us understand what's going on. Is that okay?"

"Okay." Joyce agreed and another person walked in with a stool.

"Now, Will, I want you to just let us know if you feel anything. Okay?"
"Do you feel anything?"
"Little sting." Will stammered as the thing schreeched.
"It stings? Where?"
"My chest."
"Okay, son."
"Sweetie..."
"How about now?"
"It... it burns. Ah! It burns."
"Where?"
"Everywhere." Cassies eyes are filled with tears at the sight of Will in pain and she speaks up at the same time as Joyce does.
"That's enough. That's enough!" "No. Stop it, you're hurting him!"
"Stop! You heard them! That's enough!"
"That's it! We're done!"
"Okay." The monitor was beeping rapidly as Joyce started calming Will down.
"Sweetie... Sweetie. It's okay."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a while and the kids were just siting in the room until Will starts moving and grunting.

"Will? Will?" Cassie speaks up and Mike adds "What's wrong? Are you hurting again?"
"Uh... I saw something."

"In your now-memories?"

"The shadow monster. I think I know how to stop him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "That's it." Will points at the picture. "That's what? What... what's there, Will?"

"I don't know. I just know he doesn't want me to see there. I think it's important."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another moments passed and the kids were just siting except for Will who's been laying down again but Will suddenlly sat up.

"He made me do it." The boy looked like he's gonna cry and Cassie and Mike exchanged worried glances.
"Who? Who made you do what?"
"I told you. They upset him. They shouldn't have done that. They shouldn't have upset him."

"The spy." Cassie says.
"The spy!" Mike repeated as both kids started running until they bumped into a guard.

"Whoa, whoa!"

"We need to get through! It's a trap!" Mike starts and Cassie finishes "It's a trap! We need to warn them. It's a trap!"

The two kids realized they won't be listened to and ran back to Wills room.

"We're too late."

"What?"

"We're too late!" Cassie repeated Mikes previous words.

"What's going on?"

"We're under attack."
"We need to make Will sleep." Cassie said and Mike nodded. She didn't want to do this, but they had to.
"What?"
"He's a spy. If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster."
"They're lying!"
"He killed those soldiers. He'll kill us, too!"
"They're lying! They're lying! They're lying! They're lying! They're lying!" Cassies eyes started to water and she tried to blink those tears away. "Shit!" She yells.
"Those are gunshots!" Poor Bob, he shouldn't be here, this is messed up and we shouldn't have brought him here.
"They're lying! They're lying!" Will kept screaming and both Joyce and Cassie had tears streaming down their face.
"Okay, Will, Will, listen, listen. Do you know who I am? Do you know who I am?"
"You're... You're... You're Mom." Joyce saw him hesitate and made the decision.
"Hold him down."
"No! No! Let go! No! No!"
"Let me go! Let go!"
"No, let me go!"
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
"Let me go! Let go! Let me go! No! Let go! Let me go! Let me go!" Wills cries were becoming more silent until they stopped, meaning Will is asleep.
"We gotta go. We gotta go." Both kids said as they heard the monsters snarling.
"Come on!"
"Oh, my God. Oh, my God."

A/N: It's still Max endgame, just wanted to spice things up a little.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.7K 1.5K 31
Max Mayfield x fem OC season 2 - ✅ season 3 - ✅ season 4 - ✅ season 5 -
289K 7.4K 28
❝ I DON'T WANNA BE YOUR FRIEND, I WANNA KISS YOUR LIPS. ❞ ( max mayfield x fem!reader. ) ( season 2 - 4 ) ( DISCONTINUED!! ) STARTED: 12/11/20 ENDED:...
107K 2.6K 33
"I like talking to you red" "I like talking to you too blue" - Stranger Things Max Mayfield x male!oc Seasons 2-4 Season 2: Completed Season 3: Compl...
107K 3.1K 35
COMPLETED UNTIL SEASON FIVE "And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one" [SEASON TWO-FIVE] max mayfield x fem!oc