The Ghost and The Phantom | S...

By Beethehl

(Earth-122110) Y/N L/N is a student attending Midtown High. He was just like everyone else, until one day he... More

A1C1: Prologue
A1C2: Bit by a Spider
A1C3: Sticky Hands
A1C4: Spider-Woman
A1C5: Spider-Man
A1C6: Best Friend
A1C7: On top of the Bridge
A1C8: After-School Science class
A1C9: Scientist Gone Rogue
A1C10: Building Chemistry
A1C11: New Tech
A1C12: Change of heart
A1C13: The Sewers
A1C14: Late Night Schoolwork
A1C15: A date?
A1C16: Infiltration
A1CExtra: Quality Time
A2C1: New Threat
A2C2: On The Way

A1C17: Revenge

587 19 4
By Beethehl

We were surrounded. Connors had left to probably go and change the entire school into Lizards. There were maybe 10 or 15 lizard-people around us all controlled by Connors. Gwen whispered to me, "What are we supposed to do now? Any ideas?" Her shoulder hitting my back and I heard a silent click from her web-shooter. Her touch reminded me of when we were on the stakeout together. The students had shot water up in the sky and administered it into the air. "Worth a shot." I said as I grabbed Gwen's shooter already loaded with a vaccine web-bomb. "Hey what are you doing??" She asked surprised. "Just shoot the web-bomb, now!" She looked at me as if she was saying "You better know what you're doing" and shot her web bomb up into the ceiling. While she had her web bomb shot, I armed mine and shot up right after, building up a thick cloud of the vaccine falling down into the gym.

As we shot the bombs, the lizards pounced into us and we both dodged them one by one, leading to them hitting into eachother. My spider-sense warned me right as I landed, and I flipped away to dodge a tail swing from one of the Lizards. I then lunged back into a drop kick to push it into the stunned group of lizards in the middle.

The cloud of vaccine was slowly coming down and mixing with the air. Gwen was fighting two lizards and had thrown one my direction. I dodged it and zipped a web on mid-air to throw it back into the lizard pile, knocking the already standing back up lizards back down.

"It's working!" Gwen yelled out as the pile of lizards were slowly turning back into human. "Thankyou, random genius garage scientists! I owe you guys one." I said reliefed that the plan was working, while dodging a different lizard swinging their claws at me. "6 down. Another... 7 left." I ran towards Gwen still fighting 3 of the lizards, baiting a fourth one with me. Gwen saw what I was trying to do and boosted me up into a high jump from her back. I flipped up and shot another two vaccine web bombs down into the group of 4 and it exploded on impact, stunning them.

That gave some space for Gwen to knock the lizards away to heal while making more space for us both against the last three running towards us. Gwen was closer and one swung for her head, as she dodged the swing I jumped from behind, zipping into it and giving it a flying hook towards another lizard, knocking them both down. Gwen took that chance to web up the last one into the ground. I webbed the knocked ones up and we both armed our web bombs and shot at the last three. The three was slowly healing while the rest had already transformed back into their human forms.

I took off my mask after, breathing heavily from the adrenaline pumping and looked at Gwen. "How did we live through that?" I sighed in relief and held my hand up to high five her. "Because you're amazing, Y/N. You saved our asses." She replied and hit my hand hard forming a perfect loud clap. "We're not out of it yet though." I said as I was helping the victims lay down on the side of the gym to make sure they're comfortable and safe. Gwen was doing the same, "Yeah, we still got Connors to catch. No him, no more lizards." She grunted. We finished up with helping the victims and Gwen walks past me with an angry expression. I took her arm and stopped her in her tracks, "Hey, Gwen. I know he indirectly killed Peter and you want revenge but, please don't go too far. If we do, what would differ us from the villains?" I told her in a worried tone.

She looked down still in an angry stare, before looking at me and sighing. She relaxed herself and gave me a calm look, "You're right. I won't. Thankyou, Y/N. Now let's go, we have a pest to catch." She replied, holding her other hand above mine still gripper her arm. "Let's go." I replied, and we both put on our masks and ran out the gym together.

"Police radio's been pinging back at Alchemax again. Why would he want to go back there?" I said to Gwen, while we swung through the city. Passing through times square, one of the billboards was from Alchemax and I recognised some of the faces. "It's the group of garage scientists doing another showcase in Alchemax!" I yelled out to Gwen as I zoomed out beside her, "I think connors WAS there during the showcase. As himself. He's trying to do the same thing with the vaccines but.." Gwen then continued my sentence, "Instead of a cure, hes making everyone into a lizard!"

We swung in a hurry, hoping that the scientists weren't hurt. Reaching alchemax there was already broken windows and glass, it had already been broken in. We heard screaming and yelling near the rooftop so we climbed up there as fast as we could.

Reaching the rooftop was the lizard typing stuff into the device we saw in the showcase. "You're right Gwen. We have to stop this." Gwen nodded and we both jumped into the scene, and webzipped his arms, one arm each, pulling it back and away from the device.

"You've arrived. But you're too late." Connors let out a big evil laugh. We saw the device and it was already loaded with the Lizard-Serum ready to shoot out in 1 minute. "Shoot! Gwen deal with the device, I'll keep him busy!" I yell out and grabbed her web, pulling him farther away from the device.

Gwen started typing on the laptop, Nothing was working and there wasn't a button to abort. "What do I do??" She yells back out in a panic. When she did, Connors broke out of the webs, and ran straight at me.

I dodged his ram and a few swings from him. He was faster than the last time we fought him. "I don't know? If the laptop doesn't work, maybe take out a component from the device itself?" I yelled back at Gwen as I armed my vaccine web bomb and shot it at Connors. He caught the webbomb, let it explode in his hands, then put his hand on his nose, inhaling every bit of the vaccine. "aah.. Sorry Y/N. That wont work on me." He chuckled menacingly and launched himself onto me. Shocked at how it didn't work I got caught off guard and got grabbed by him and we both fell off and down the building.

Gwen's POV

"Y/N NO!" I yelled out almost leaving the device alone just to try and help. I stopped myself. He's doing his best keeping the Lizard at bay. I need to trust him. I went back to the device, 30 seconds before it launches. "Shoot. what do I do?" I asked myself trying to figure out which part would stop or at least delay the device. Plugging out the laptop doesn't seem to help. What if I cut it off from the source?

I tried dismantling the device, finding a car battery inside. I tried unplugging it but it shocked me and it was painful. "What else..." I said as I panicked. 15 seconds left. What if i take out whatever they use to launch the canister in the first place? CO2? Butane? Something? I dismantled the device more and sure enough, There were 5 big canisters of compressed CO2 to shoot the vaccines out into the sky.

I took them out one by one. It was down to the last canister, 5 seconds left. "PLEASE work." I took out the last canister with 2 seconds left, then used the remaining time to web the device up as much as possible just in case. A beep was heard but nothing happened. "I did it.. I think I did it." I pressed on my ear to comm for Y/N. "Are you okay? where are you?" I ran over the the side of the building, no sign of the both of them. and no response from Y/N.

"I'm getting tired of you bugs. Ruining my plans. That's twice now." I heard from far behind me. I looked back and saw the Lizard climbing up out the side of the building, pulling himself up. As he stood back up he clawed out some webs stuck to his left eye and walked towards me. "What did you do? where's Y/N? please not again.." I took off my mask and I was on the verge of crying as I asked that. "I broke his little web-shooters and threw him down." He smiled menacingly as he told me. I walked towards him, "You killed Peter. Now you killed Y/N. You took my best friends away from me. I'll never forgive you for what you've done." He then replied, "I've splatted one bug. Wouldn't be too hard to kill another."

Y/N POV A FEW MINUTES AGO

I was in his grip falling down, my hands were free and I tried to beat his face out to let me go but he was not letting go. I webbed out to the side of the building and it caught us, swinging us to the other side of the building where the Alchemax logo was. He was caught off-guard and let me get the space to kick myself out of his hold, but he was able to hold onto my right leg. I held onto the side of the building, and tried to kick him off but he kept climbing up and pulled on my right hand, turning me around. His strength was overwhelming and I was quite weak from him crushing me in his grip. He held up my wrist and I tried to web his face up and it only hit his left eye. He crushed my web-shooters using his claws and pinned me on the side, He put his arm on my neck and grabbed me, slamming me onto the wall. I passed out for a sec hitting my head too hard, then he threw me off the side, and climbed back up the building.

I woke up mid fall then tried shooting a web but it wasn't working. I tried diving towards the building again, and the Alchemax logo was far out enough I was able to just catch myself on, and I stuck under the logo for a bit to rest. "Wait.. Gwen! I have to climb back up there." I talked to myself and built up the energy to start climbing as fast as I could. As I jumped over the Alchemax logo I heard a few bangs and the building shaking. "Gwen! What is happening?" I tried to tap into comms but it wasn't working.

GWEN POV

He started by raising his hands up to do a ground slam on me, I dodged to the side then jumped and flipped over him, Zipping myself down onto the ground and kicking him without pulling anything back. The floor collapsed in and we had went through 4 floors, I punched him down into the ground again and he dodged my punch but it had hit the broken floor, we went down another floor where Connor's lab was. He kicked me off and I landed on my feet, running back towards him I slid under him and webbed his face, pulling him down and tripping over himself. I jumped high and did another ground pound which he blocked with his tail.

The floor cracked from the amount of force that got through. I pulled his tail so he'd get off the spot but the tail just split and he was running away all weak and holding onto his chest. "Please.. please. Stop. It's me, Dr Connors. I'm sorry for what I've done I'm sorry about Peter and Y/N, It wasn't me." As he was crawling away he turned back into his human form. "I don't care. YOU took them from me. You deserve the worst." Tears were flowing down my face as I looked down on his pathetic self.

Y/N POV

I finally reached the top of the tower, there was a huge hole. as deep as 6 floors from the top of it. I heard grunts and shouts coming from Gwen and I hurried to jump down. I saw Connors in his human form and Gwen was walking towards him ready to strike. I shouted, "Gwen!" But she couldn't hear me, I ran as fast as I could and right before she raised her hand, I gave her a hug from behind and whispered, "Hey, It's okay. It's done. He can't fight anymore." She turned around almost immediately then looked at me, "Y/N? You're alive? omg you're alive!" Then quickly hugged me back, then fell into tears, "I thought I'd lost you.." She continued. "I'm still here. I won't die that easily ok?" We hugged it out for a few seconds before our spider-senses rang, We jumped away and dodged the Lizard's claw, trying to crush us together.

We grouped up and talked, "I guess I was wrong, he CAN still fight after all." I said. Gwen continued, "Any ideas how to stop him? for good? The cure doesn't work on him." "Yeah actually, We're in his office so we could try to push him inside his old tank and reverse the polarity of it to maintain his human form instead of amplifying his lizard one?" I answered. "Good idea, let's take him down for the last time." She replied and nodded as we did a fist bump before jumping out in front of him. 

Gwen zipped herself onto the tank and started to turn it on and reverse it, I had the job of being bait, "Hey big guy! You lost?" I shouted to enrage him while dodging all of his attacks left and right. He did a tail swing but I jumped on the ceiling and jumped off into a punch on his face. "Just die already, bug." He said frustrated. I kept dodging in the tank's general direction then not long after, Gwen swung in, "Hey, you mind if I tagged along?" We dodged his clawing then went behind him. Gwen punched him back a bit before she jumped back to let me punch him, then she shot a web towards me to swing her into his direction, kicking his chest so he'd move backwards more. then for one final push, we both punched his chest together to send him flying into his tank. I ran towards the laptop to start the process while Gwen webbed the tank shut and made sure it wasn't going to break open.

After a few seconds of struggling, The Lizard had calmed down and had turned back into his human form. Hopefully this way we get to finally talk to the REAL Connors again and get some answers. I hugged Gwen signaling that it was over and we won. The sunlight flooded into the hole from the roof and Connors was back to his human form. "We did it, Y/N." She cried softly into my chest. "Yeah we did. Good job Gwen, you did so well." I replied in her ear, hugging her tighter.

The cops came about 10 minutes later, Gwen quickly grabbed me and pulled us out into the rooftop after leaving a note saying "Caught the Lizard for you <3 -Your friendly neighborhood Spiders" and we swung together back to her place because we knew her father was probably not home. "What a crazy few weeks. I hope this job doesn't get any harder." Gwen said to me. "Worse than a lizard invasion? I doubt it. But for now its over, we can relax abit, focus on school and homework." I replied smiling back at her, while she lays on the bed and I sat down on the floor.

"Hey, Y/N? Promise me you won't scare me like that again?" Gwen softly said. "Scare you? What do you mean?" I replied, sitting up. "I thought you were dead, man. Just don't die. Ever. Ok?" She raised her head to look at me and chuckled. "I'll try my best I guess?" I replied sarcastically and we laughed together with the peacefulness.

END OF ARC : THE LIZARD

AUTHORS NOTE

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT! THE NEXT ARC IS ON THE WORKS!! I dropped some hints of what it'll be about but for now if you can't figure it out, you'll have to wait and see ;)

I still have so much planned and thought of for the next few upcoming arcs, and the main big plot line. I really hope people who do read enjoys this as much as I do. I'm sorry to people expecting alot of romance happening though, because Im more focused on making my own version of the classic Spiderman story than any romance with Gwen... FOR NOW.. STAY TUNED FOR MORE ROMANCE!!

P.S I don't really worry about how many readers I get but I do get worried about the quality of my work and for people who do read it. Feel free to drop some feedback! (I need to do research on action scenes in text.. I feel like I'm not that good at it lmao)

Anyway next arc will be published directly with the first 5 chapters together so stay tuned!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126 5 8
Adult rated- Read list of warnings at the bottom Multi Fandom: Spider-Man: Spider-Verse (Sony Animated Movies) and the Amazing Spiderman (Sony). Occa...
72.9K 1.1K 9
All right, let's do this one last time. My name is (Y/n) (L/n). I was bitten by a radioactive spider and for the last seven years, I thought I was th...
113 16 12
### Outline: **Chapter 1: The Fall** - Recount the battle between Spider-Man and the Green Goblin that led to Gwen's fall. - Peter's quick thinking a...
19.1K 494 36
Kai Boyer recently got expelled from his school with a friend. After managing to get into a new school, he meets a classmate named Gwen Stacy. After...