When the Moon Takes Over

Od breathe_the_night

Alexandra Halsey is an ordinary girl with ordinary friends. She doesn't feel complete and fully happy, maybe... Více

My life, My friends.
Little crush
Marks and healed wounds
Fantasy became reality
New attitude
Missing part ( New attitude)
Alcohol with a hint of teasing.
Introductions and surprises.
Around the fire.
Father, daughter time
The bitter-sweet full moon
Morning after
Words can only do harm
Broken hearts
What's happening?
Explanations
Letting people in
That little monster that lives inside each of us
Secrets that brings us closer
Emotions that control us
Befriend your inner wolf
Tales of horror
There is no competition
Falling in love
Distractions
The heat season
Thanksgiving Dinner.
Let the truth be revealed.
Breaking the chains
Only a part of it
Darkness comes to life
We had an agreement
Saying no to the throne?
Something about you
Getting to know each other
I need you
Guilt and regrets
Let's begin
Connecting with yourself
Death is upon you
Obsession
Chaos
Chaos Pt. II
History of our family
Too late to stop a war
The end of an era
Bring you back to me
Safe Haven
Epilogue
Author's Note
Sequel!

Some things are better left unspoken.

20K 801 150
Od breathe_the_night

Alex's POV

Gasping for air, there is nowhere else to run. This can't be the way I die. Even the darkness feels too thick. Their laugh I can hear it piercing through my skull. It hurts. I dropped to my knees holding my head, I could feel and smell the blood that was coming from my ears. My eyes can't even adjust. I am completely disoriented. My voice won't come out, all I have to do is call for help and they would be here in a second, but right now that seems impossible. My knees are scraped, my knuckles are as well. I can't fight anymore. Not without my wolf taking control. She can't get out though, even though I am trying my hardest. My chest feels too heavy and breathing hurts my lungs. What is this substance they used? It has slowed me down. It burns my skin.

Their eyes, I can see them, it's the only image in my head. Everyone is at risk, they are too strong. How can I help others when I can't even help myself? In this very moment, hope is gone, and faith has abandoned me. This is the end for me. With one last painful breath, I felt the knife cutting through the layers of my skin, I began to choke on my own blood. His laugh, the last sound I would ever hear. I hold onto my neck, but blood kept coming out. In a matter of seconds all life left my body. I was left alone and empty.

"Alex! Wake up!" My eyes shot open, I was panting hard, my whole body covered in sweat. The room is still dark.

"Shh, it's okay it was only a nightmare, are you okay?" My dad was embracing me in a warm hug, I quickly calmed down. I hugged him back for dear life.

"What did you dream about?" He asked.

"Someone chased and killed me". Was my short blunt response.

"Do you want me to hire you some body guards? He carresed my back soothingly. "It's okay daddy, I don't need body guards". Even in his pajamas he smells like his cologne. I think It's time I ask things I need to know.

"Dad?" I waited for his response, which was a simple 'yes'. "Why didn't you want me to know anything about my mother?" He tensed, but tried to cover it.

"You don't need her, she left us, what was the use in telling you". It wasn't a question, It was a statement.

"You know the sad truth dad? The truth is I did needed her, she left us I get that, It still doesn't changes the fact that I have a mother or had, It's time you tell me about her." He sighed heavily, the subject brings sadness to him. I can feel it, as if he were passing it to me. It made me sad to just feel his pain.

"I loved your mother so much Alexandra, she was truly the love of my life. We met when I was a freshmen in high school. She came from Europe with her family to study here. As soon as I saw her something clicked inside of me, she was breath taking. I just knew that she was going to be my wife someday. The best thing was that she looked at me the exact same way. We began a relationship a little after. It was all perfect. That was until my best friend moved back here from Australia. I was a junior by then." He sighed again, his heart beat was steady. Still I could feel the heavyness in his chest.

"She began to act differently, she still loved me, but something didn't feel right. I just let it pass. I figured she would tell me when she felt ready, she never did though. It was for sure that I was going to be a sucessful business man one day, your grandfather made sure of that. My best friend also had power. Everything just stayed the same, when we graduated I propose and she accepted. We got married, she became more distant. I was begining to worry, little did I know that I had already lost her. She told me a secret she had when she was pregnant with you, at first it was impossible for me to believe it, til she showed me and time passed. When you were born she took off. She took off with my best friend. She cheated on me for all those years and I had no clue about it." The sun was begining to shine through the windows letting me see my dad. His eyes were red, I know he still loves her, in fact he is not over the thing that happened. How can a woman be so damn selfish? I hate her even more.

"I never let her get near you, you were the only thing that kept me alive. I was debastated, the woman of my dreams cheated on me with a guy who grew up with me, we were practically brothers. That's why I took out her last name from you birth certificate.... I am sorry Alex." I hold onto my dad. I have always been daddy's girl.

"I can't blame you, you were hurt." He stayed silent. "Dad, did she tried to contact me?" He answered with a simple 'No'. Something didn't feel right though.

"What was her name?"

"Jules" I sighed. He still doesn't want me to research her. I should say something about the photos that I found in the library, but It's not the time. We spent a little more time like that til I had to get ready for school. I was so damn sleepy.

I just wore some baggy clothes. Even if it's about to snow, I don't feel cold. My body is relaxed and my wolf enjoys this cold weather. I parked my car in the school parking lot next to Mark's truck. He was waiting there with Kylie.

"Well someone looks tired". I just ignored him. Last night wasn't the only night of this week I couldn't sleep. Everything seems like a nightmare. My senses awoken more when the rich scent of our mate caught us. I rapidly looked for her.

She was standing by her car talking with Clover and Bria. Her smile lights up my entire being. I am tired, but she's the reason I get up every morning. Her eyes caught mine as I made my way towards her, she ran to me and hugged me. It doesn't surprise me as much anymore. She isn't hiding us and of that I am sure. I pecked her lips before saluting Bria and Clover.

"What is it with Bria and you wearing so little clothes, I mean its freezing and all you have on is a light jacket."

"We like and enjoy the cold isn't that right Alex?" I nodded at Bria's words towards Cassidy. Clover understands because she knows, Cassidy on the other hand is clueless. Which is also one of the reasons I have been losing sleep. How will I tell her? I don't want our relationship based on secrets nor lies. The bell interrupted my train of thoughts, bringing me back to reality.

"Are you okay? You seem tired and out of it." I gave Cassidy a lazy smile. Today her eyes look hazel. They held concern. It made my heart melt to see her like this, so caring.

"I am fine don't worry about it." She didn't push on it which I am grateful for. The rest of the day went on like that.

I was currently in P.E. class. I was changing in the locker room when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist. Happiness engulfed me instantly. Cassie kissed the nape of neck making me smile. Her fingers traced the tattoo on my back which caused me slightly to shiver.

"How come you and Bria have the exact same tattoo? What's the story behind it?" My body paralyzed. I haven't prepared myself for this.

"It symbolizes the moon and the sun, both of them provide us with light. Though the moon is even more amazing, It can provide power to chosen ones they say, the tattoo for us is a symbol of loyalty, no matter what, we will always be each others light in dark times." I sighed in relief when Bria answered. She didn't exactly said our secret, but she truly did say the meaning behind it. No matter what happens the pack members will always protect one another. We will always be each others light, we are stronger together.

"That's an amazing meaning behind it." Bria smiled at the both of us and went outside the locker room. I put on my shirt, with one last kiss Cassie and I also headed out. The coach made us run for half of the class, the other we played volleyball which brought me memories. After we were finished, Jamie, Cassidy, Bria and Clover began to talk about random stuff. That was until something hit the back of my head pretty hard. It didn't hurt as much, It pissed me the fuck off when I looked at what it was. A football. The guys began to laugh pretty hard which made my blood boil. I picked up the ball digging my claws into it, I began to walk towards their direction, more like towards his.

"I believe you threw this?" Without nothing more needed to be said I threw the deflated ball on his face. A lot of 'oh's' were heard. I just wanted for him to push me. I've been waiting too long for this moment. 'Alex stop' I heard Bria say through mind link, she knows I can lose self control. Cassidy looked worried, so did Jamie, weirdly Clover was smiling like she's waiting for the show.

Jackson was fuming his face was beet red. His jaw clenched. "What are you going to do pretty boy? I challenged. His friend only started to mock him instead. "Go fuck yourself disgusting dyke" that made me smile. "I prefer to do that to my very hot girlfriend, I believe you know her." That's when I pushed his buttons to the limit. He pushed me hard, but It didn't made me lose my balance. Many were surprised because he is a star football player around here. Without thinking straight, my fist connected with his face making him fall on his ass. That is not enough. Blinded by all the anger I had and hatred I still have for him, I lost control. I began to land punch after punch, I couldn't stop. Not even the blood that was begging to cover my fist could stop me right now. We were close by a wall which didn't give him much chance to run. The entire class was surrounding us. I got lifted up from on top him, but I managed to kick him hard which made him hit the wall. Thank god the space between the wall and us wasn't much, It happened so fast people wouldn't be able to question it or my sudden strength.

Bria threw me in the locker room. My breathing was abnormal, the anger still was there. I wanted to make him feel what he made me feel for so many years.

"Alexandra what the hell! I told you stop, now look at the mess you have done." She began to pace back and forward. Reality kicked in when Jamie, Clover and Cassidy walked in. They were scared of me. Tears began to fall uncontrollably I sat on the floor holding my knees up to my chest. I hid my face, all of my emotions coming out. I hate this is like I am on my fucking period all month long. One moment I am happy, other I am mad, now I'm here sobbing. Someone kneeled in front of me, by her scent I know is Cassidy. She brought me close to her chest, my tears began to soak her shirt.

"Baby it's okay, I'm here with you." I began to calm down, her voice has that power. I also heard Jamie said to the others to give us a moment. When they left I looked at my love. She wiped away my tears.

"I'm sorry". I mumbled. She half smiled. "You don't have to apologize, I can now see all the anger you had bottled up, a person can only take so much Alex."

"I don't want you to be afraid of me". Her hazel eyes looked into my green ones deeply. "I can never be afraid of you Alexandra, I know you would never hurt anyone who didn't deserve it, I wasn't scared, I was shocked. You kicked his ass pretty damn hard."

"What if I'm the beast everyone fears?" She smiled again.

"Then I'll be the one to break your curse, before times runs out." I couldn't help it. I cupped her face and kissed her. Someone clearing their throat made us part our kiss.

"Alexandra, they want to see you in the principals office right now." I nodded at the teacher. I know this will cost me a lot. Without even changing I just grabbed my things and went to the office. Cassidy only let go of my hand when I had to go in.

The principal was fuming. His fist were clenched on top of his desk. Calmly I took a seat.

"I can't believe the little stunt you put out there. Hurting one of the players of the football team just because he accidentally hit you?!! I will not tolerate that kind of behanviour from you anymore Miss.Halsey, you're expelled." I tried to talk, but he wouldn't let me. Of course all he cares about is that Jackson was the one to get hurt. My dad came through the door. He didn't even looked at me. He was looking at the principal with a menacing glare, I looked back at the principal to see his reaction, he swallowed hard and his heart beat accelarated.

"What is that? Did I just heard you expelled my daughter?"

"Her behaviour is unnaceptable, she has gotten into three fights already. All ending badly. I let it pass because she was your daughter Grayson."

"To you is Mr.Halsey, now you will listen to me carefully. I heard that the kid she beat up was Jackson Monroe. The exact same kid who bullied her and many others and you did nothing about it, because he plays for the school football team. Now I have plenty of evidence and witnesses to defend my daughter in a court room. All you want is funds for the goddamn school, Lets see how you will manage in life without this sorry excuse of a job to provide for you. My daughter is the one staying and you will be the one leaving. You can write that down." The principal was as pale as a paper sheet. I looked at him giving him a mocking grin before my dad interrupted his stuttering by telling me we will be leaving.

"Get in the car." He sounded mad.

"Dad my car is in the parking lot."

"My chauffeur will come for it, in the car now Alexandra." Without anymore questioning I got in his new sports Audi.

"Can you please explain what the hell is going on with you?! Three fights Alexandra? This is not you!" It surprised me to hear him this angry. He has always been so understanding.

"He started it dad, I wasn't going to fucking let him get away with it this time!"

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me, I know he started it Alexandra, but to beat him like that? What has gotten into you? I did not raised you to be like this."

"You know nothing dad, you were never there, I was so fed up with everyone's shit, I will not let it happen again."

"Let it go Alexandra! Maybe I wasn't there as much, you have no idea how much I regret it. Every day I live with it. My kid went through hell alone and I wasn't there, but I am here now. I am trying Alex. Do you think it has been fucking easy for me? I lost everything. I know what being depressed is, but I had a reason to get better and that reason was you and it still is. You have your friends, you have Cassidy. It's time to move on from this, you will be eighteen next month. You are not a child anymore." I didn't say anything. He is right.

"I know what being angry is trust me, but you can't just go around and do this, you are lucky my lawyers had evidence, if not I would of had to pay for everything the kid needs, for heavens sake you broke two of his ribs, plus pretty much his face."

"What evidence are you even talking about?" He sighed. "Since the last time you got beat up I have people looking after you during school hours. They made sure also to get in tape everything that goes on around there. I have enough evidence to get the principal fired and I will."

"Wouldn't you get in trouble for recording students?" I asked curiously I had no clue about this. "Did you ever noticed people looking after you?" He asked me. I shook my head. "Exactly, they are really good at their job, all we will say in a court room is that an anonymous student was recording this and sent us the video to help you out and make justice." I just nodded. I have no energy to keep arguing especially if that person is my dad.

The rest of the ride was silent, neither of us said anything. When we got home dad gave my keys to the driver so he could go fetch my car. I went to my room to take a relaxing shower. After that I just put on some comfy pajamas and laid down on my bed. I was tired yet I couldn't sleep. Annoyed I went downstairs.

"Where is my dad? I asked one of the maids. She said he was in his room. Thanking her I went up again. I knocked on his door a few times, I haven't been in this room for almost five years. I opened the door and he was in bed watching the news. I sighed once again, I didn't want to dissapoint my dad.

"Dad I just wanted to apologize, for the things I said to you earlier." He half smiled. He can't stay mad at me, but I know I hurt him. He lifted his covers asking me to join him. I did, he hugged me and kissed my head.

"I understand you were angry. The one who should say sorry is me. I never really got to say it when rough times hit you. So I say it now. I am sorry for not being there when you needed me the most." Tears blurred my vision. I hugged him tighter. I couldn't have asked for a better dad.

"It's all in the past now, you were right. I need to move on with my life. I can't be stuck in that old chapter forever. It's time to let go, so I can hold on to new things."

"Life is not easy Alex, it will always try to put you down, it's up to you if you let it or not, if it does put you down, you get up with your head up high, the fall may had hurt, but it was not enough to break you." I smiled. I won't let anything break me again. It took long to put back together the pieces, I did many stupid things, but that is part of being young. With each hit you learn new things. You learn so you can dodge the other one, if you can't, then at least you would know how to manage the pain. Even though some hits can be more painful than others.

"You should move on dad, my mother wasn't worth it. You deserve a woman who adores you and loves you."

"It has taken me many years to get over her, but I think that I have found that woman." I grinned. "Is this the same woman you told me about a while back?" He nodded while smiling. All I know she is one of the lawyers from his company and that she is four years younger than him.

"When will I meet this woman?"

"When I get to meet yours". I playfully hit him. "That can maybe be next week or this one, are you okay with that?"

"Of course, also family is coming back from England, might as well be that day. You know the annual thanks giving dinner." I forgot all about that. The event is next week.

"Maybe she wants to spend time with her family that day."

"You can go for a few hours there, spend time with her family then at night you girls come here, she can spend the night." I nodded. I will ask her about it.

'Can you come to the pack house?' Mark asked through mind link. Shit I'm going to get lectured by Marcus.

'I don't think I can leave the house.'

'Just escape through your window, I'll be there waiting for you.'

'Mark this a three level house, you must be crazy if you think I will jump down my window.'

'Stop with the excuses, you're a werewolf, besides I'll catch you'. Without much choice I nodded.

"I'm going to bed dad, is getting late and I'm pretty tired." He nodded and kissed my forehead. I went to my room, put on some ripped jeans with an old band shirt and my combat boots. I swear if I hurt myself he is dead. As soon as my door was locked I went towards the window. I could see Mark's yellow eyes glowing beautifully.

'You better fucking catch me' he laughed before saying he will. I shut my eyes and jumped. At least he did catch me.

"How did you get pass security?"

"Like I said, we are wolves, sneaky ones too." I smiled and off we went.

Like I said, Marcus lectured me about my behaviour and how I could have exposed myself. I explained everything and so did Bria. By the time we were finished discussing all the problems it was around one in the morning. I was tired, but I didn't want to sleep alone. I yearn for my mate. I walked to her house through the woods, I know stupid, since these things are after me, but at least Mark came with.

"You know the reason you always want to be around her is because you haven't marked her yet."

"I think even if I did marked her, I would still would want to be around her, she calms me." He gave me a funny look, with a shrug he left. Turning into his beautiful wolf form.

This time I got her window right. I threw small rocks, sorry Cassie but I need you. She made it towards her window rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Can I come up?" I half whispered half yelled.

"Sure let me open the door." Before she could leave I jumped inside her room. "Don't ask". I took off my boots and sat on her bed.

"You can take off your jeans if you want." She said still half asleep. Taking off my jeans I got under the covers of the bed. She did too. I spooned her the rest of the night. I don't think I will go to school in the morning, or until my dad fixes the problem. They won't let me in either way.

Vote and comment. Thanks for reading. Sorry for the mistakes found. You guys are great.

Lots of love Karie.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

586K 15.4K 16
Sky Summers is the daughter of Damon and Dana Summers, Alpha and Lunar of the Blue Moon Pack.She is a smarty, sporty girl that goes to White Waters H...
1.4K 69 19
"I can't stay here." "I need you here." "I need my pack." "I need my mate." "Correction, you want your mate." ******************************* Blaire...
226K 5.9K 28
Alex is a werewolf, no surprise there. Well she's a rogue, living on unclaimed land with her new family. They get attacked. The only survivors out o...
18.2K 273 29
Kate is a perfectly normal teenage girl. She gets straight A's, she's the queen of the school, she even has a boyfriend who she thinks is cheating o...