Between the Ice [h.s]

By jazzy1Dlover

Eulalia Snow. A want-to-be professional Figure Skater. A bookstore co-worker. And an unexpected murderer. She... More

Intro!
| Prologue |
01 || Sharp & Steady
02 || Books & Looks
03 || Coffee & Tea
04 || Spinning & Shining
05 || Drunk & Sober
06 || Waffles & Pancakes
07 || Learn & Succeed
08 || Walk & Talk
09 || Broken & Destroyed
10 || Blue & Red
11 || Hide & Seek
12 || Boy & Girl
13 || Rum & Coke
14 || Killing & Smiling
15 || Jump & Land
16 || Memories & More
17 || Cinnamon & Sugar
18 || Comfortable & Cozy
19 || Wine & Kisses
20 || Angel & Devil
21 || Fun & Games
22 || Morning & Night
23 || Smiling & Frowning
24 || Blood & Torture
25 || Pink & Silky
26 || Questions & Answers
27 || Scared & Alone
28 || Hot & Sweaty
29 || Riding & Providing
30 || Live & Die
31 || Party & Dance
32 || Bet & Regret
33 || Young & Alive
34 || Black & White
35 || Trick & Treat
36 || Lilo & Stitch
37 || Frantic & Frenzied
38 || Diamonds & Dance Floors
39 || Wild & Weak
40 || Hit & Run
41 || Dark & Stormy
42 || Hoping & Surviving
43 || Meet & Greet
44 || High & Low
45 || Ranting & Raving
46 || Past & Present
47 || Alive & Awake
48 || Passion & Power
49 || Dirty & Delicious
50 || Fast & Furious
51 || Promises & Protection
52 || Love & Lust
53 || Drinking & Dancing
54 || Crash & Burn
55 || Down & Dirty
56 || Gas & Flames
57 || Me & You
59 || Done & Dusted
60 || Say & Think
61 || Suspects & Witnesses
62 || Trials & Tribulations
63 || Innocent & Guilty
64 || Heroes & Villians
65 || Beginning & End
| Epilogue 01 |
| Epilogue 02 |
Thank You Note!

58 || Fake & Skate

40 0 0
By jazzy1Dlover

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER!

Before you start, I would like to inform that whatever happens in this chapter you'll bear with me! I have absolutely no idea what happens in a interrogation room, which will explain the lack of conversation. Keep your rude comments to yourself. I tried the Google Gods but they weren't much help. I hope you guys enjoy the perspective. I know it isn't everyone's favorite but I think it makes this chapter feel a bit more real.

-Third Person Perspective-

Over a week later, Eulalia was able to finally enjoy some things. When she rolled out of bed this morning, a text from her father asked if she wanted to skate today. She didn't deny the fact that she was going crazy inside this house, that skating would be able to open the gate to something more happy. She replied, accepting his offer.

She easily got ready for the day. She washed away the grease from her hair, cleaned her dirty body and shaved every hair off. Because she was off to skate, she needed something athletically appealing on the rink. A purple long sleeve that stuck to her skin so tightly, her hidden hourglass figure reflected back in the mirror. She paired the shirt with black leggings, cozy leg warmers to wear over her skates.

She held the hidden railing as she walked downstairs, a smile glowing on her lips. Eulalia some who's felt lighter, like life was turning around the corner to pick her up and let her free—allowing her to be happy. Her feet crackle the wooden floor, announcing her arrival to the kitchen. Two of her favorite people looked up, Louis and Felix, both eating separate choices of breakfast. Louis ate a bagel with cream cheese while Felix has avocado toast, keeping a distance from Felix's choice of food.

"Good morning, boys!" She twirled, her hands opening the fridge, scanning each shelve. Her fingers curled over the handle on the milk jug. She stood on her tiptoes to grab the cereal.

"You're quite chirpy this morning, why is that?" Louis responded, a smile heard from her own lips. She turns around to face them, setting the food on the counter.

Eulalia loosely shrugs her shoulders, "I don't know, I'm just happy is all." Louis nods, biting his last piece, crumbs falling over his plate.

She continues collecting her breakfast, getting a bowl from the cabinet behind her. She pours her cereal in first, drenching it with milk afterwards. Next to her hip is a drawer, she opens it and retrieves a metal spoon, diving it in and slipping the first bite. A moan escapes her mouth, the cereal filling her stomach.

Both Louis and Felix finish off their breakfast, trashing their paper plates before leaving off to work. Louis attends his car inside the garage while Felix goes upstairs, working from home today.

Eulalia devours her cereal and dumps the bowl into the sink, washing it before putting it in the dishwasher. She goes to the front door, slips her feet into her shoes and leaves the house. Her skates are already inside her car so she doesn't need to worry.

While driving to the ice arena, Eulalia thought about what she would be able to do this time. Her last visit was quite recent, but her doctor and father were very cautious. They didn't want her to slip and fall and hurt head and injure herself once again.

Eulalia got there 15 minutes later, grabbing all her belongings before stepping inside the lobby. She walked past all the stares and whispers, taking a right to go to the locker rooms. She opened the blue door wide and walked slowly to her locker, hiding her things before slipping her skates on. Eulalia walked back outside to find her father, his hands on his hips. He seems to be in a deep conversation with here follow skating partner, Zayn. Her talk height make their eyes turn, their conversation coming to halt.

"Hi." She bashfully mumbled, their eyes quite overwhelming. Her father brings her into a hug, Zayn gently waving.

"Shall we start?"

She nods at her father's words, smoothing out her outfit before Zayn gestures her to step out in the ice first.

"How about we begin in starting positions?" Eulalia's father suggested, his arms leaned over the half wall. She nods, Zayn holding her waist, Eulalia's head leaning backward on his shoulder. She can smell his cologne, it didn't give her those butterflies like Harry seemed to achieve. The music begins and Eulalia falls through the music, her feet skating around Zayn, his hands holding her while she goes in a circular motion.

The two practice for an hour and half, stopping and re trying things that were sloppy or could be straightened up. Eulalia's father had a phone call to make, giving them a break to get a drink and a snack.

As she sat patiently on the bench, skates off to relax, her lips chug the cold water. It instantly rehydrates her warm body. Zayn wandered off once they were excused, his feet exiting the rink to go inside the lobby. Eulalia has a clear view of him, he's probably flirty with some of the moms, but she knows he hates it. He's just trying to be kind. He doesn't like saying no or stop when he's in uncomfortable situations, in Eulalia's eyes, she finds it quite sad.

When two police officers walk up to Zayn, Eulalia's body tenses. She inhales, taking another sip before the water is all gone. Her fingers are brought to her mouth as she bites the hangnails off. Her nerves show off her guiltiness and that isn't a good look. For all she knows, these officers aren't even for her.

As Zayn is being asked questions to where Eulalia is, Eulalia's father walks up, giving them both two manly handshakes. Eulalia crosses her legs over each other, pulling her phone and distracting herself from the situation.

From afar she can hear their footsteps, but she keeps her head down, eyes scanning over social media. A shoulder tap is placed and she looks up, both her father and Zayn standing aside the two very intimidating officers.

"Yes?" Eulalia smiles, settling her phone by her side. Fixing her awful posture, her legs cross over one each other.

"Eulalia, they're here to see you." Eulalia's father says, his hands crossed in front, his legs shoulder width apart. Eulalia wipes her hair out her face, a harsh swallow causing her eyebrows to form upwards.

The officer on Eulalia's right clears his throat, pulling out a pair of handcuffs. "Eulalia Rue Snow, you are under arrest for the murder of Simon Brown, and four dolling people with confidential evidence." He announces, all three set of eyes widen, "you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you can not afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understands the rights I have just told you?"

She nods, standing up.

"With these rights do you wish to speak?"

She shakes her head, turning around to put her hands behind her back.

The officer tightens the cuffs around her wrist, the unexpected pain bleeding through her skin. Eulalia stares at her feet, afraid to make eye contact with everyone around her. Once their feet escalate forward, heard whispers make her bite her lower lip. Walking outside, two patrol cars are parked right at the entrance. The officer moves to the left, opening the car door and Eulalia steps in the car. He buckled up her seatbelt, closing the door with a loud bang.

The officer walks up to the father, mumbling a few words before getting inside the drivers seat. The car in front already leaving. Their arrival in silence takes about 30 minutes, the deserted area heating her body. The blood rushes to her cheeks, flushing her face. Beads of sweat rolling down the sides.

Am I nervous or is it just hot in here? She questions to herself.

Slowly walking from the back entrance, her feet step left to right, head held down, fingers shifting in the uncomfortable cuffs. The officer holds her left elbow, directing where she should go. At the end of the lonely hallway on the right, an interrogation room is wide open.

Stopping their feet in the middle of the room, the officer unhooks the handcuffs. He gestures her to sit, grabbing her left and locking her to the table, no escaping now.

"I request for my lawyer, please." She states, her eyes gazing to the man across from her.

He nods, leaving the room.

Eulalia is left inside the four-walled room. The table is set in the middle of the area. While she sits in the metal chair, a tinted window is ahead of her. She squints, trying to examine if she can see anyone but she can't. It's kind of the point. Above her, two security cameras are recording in each corner. The bright red light blinks, notifying they are on. Everything else around her is a light gray color, the floor beneath is a dark concrete tile. Her blue ankle socks slip along the ground, her leg warmers hugging her calf's.

It feels like a lifetime when the officer comes back, Felix following in after him. The officer takes the seat a across from Eulalia, Felix grabbing an extra chair to sit next to her. She turns, offering a small smile. Felix can feel her nerves but he has everything under control. He has been a lawyer for quite sometime.

Felix got the call from the police department and immediately called Louis to inform him, he was quite surprised but knew something was going to occur.

The officer pulls out a tape recorder from his back pocket, setting it down right next to a file of unknown documents. Eulalia fixes her posture, licking her lower lip. The officer presses record and begins talking smoothly.

"Hell, my name is Officer Wilson. Can you please state your name?"

"Eulalia Rue Snow." Her voice announces, the two gentlemen beside her gaze through her side-profiles.

"Shall we begin?"

She nods.

Between two to three hours, Eulalia answers questions about multiple things. Officer Wilson started being kind, getting to know the suspect before finally creeping into the night of Simon Brown. Felix helped when times were unnecessary, excusing Eulalia from different situations. Not adding words into her mouth she didn't say.

The officer leaves the room. He comes back with nothing in hands. He unlocks the cuffs, makes Eulalia to turn around. She's handcuffed once again, sent to jail before court time for the case of Simon Brown.

———————
when i was writing this quick chapter, i could only think that everything was moving in slow motion. if you know what i mean then the whole experience is 10x better for you. the tension between everyone was giving me goosebumps! especially when she's leaving the ice arena and everyone is staring intensely. anyways, see you soon! :)

— Jaz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 7.9K 85
Alycia is making a name for herself in the music world after one of her songs goes into the top 5 on billboard. She's moved to LA to continue working...
507K 10.1K 65
𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. "Y-you want to kill me?" "No, I want to ruin you." Death Hood. A clo...
1.4K 56 66
Lucy Caddel, a 21 year old born in Silver Spring, Maryland. Working in cybersecurity, she accidentally stumbles across a secret mission from links to...
15.8M 324K 100
I hate her, I hate her, I fucking hate her. If she died right now, I wouldn't care. My main concern would be how I would get my money for this stunt...