10 || Blue & Red

Double Update; continues from chapter nine!

-Eulalia-

Sitting in the back of this police car, red and blue lights flashing above me, my eyes follow the many cops surrounding my house.

Everything feels like it's moving in slow motion.

My life feels like the end of a movie and I've been caught.

Or maybe I'm the victim this time. Not the villain.

I'm wrapped in a quilt that was pulled from the back of my car and I sit in silence, patiently waiting to be taken to the police station.

Harry has been talking to one of the officers, which I assume he knows, because he seemed very comfortable around him and every other one.

After all he is a lawyer and is around many officers in court.

The front door of my home is wide awake, my eyes can see the glimpses of police officers walking up and down the stairs, searching the kitchen and living room.

Getting interrupted from the door opening, one of the officers now sits in the driver seat, making eye contact with me in the rearview mirror, "hey, Sweetheart. I'm going to take you down to the station for a statement and a few other questions, does that sound OK with you?"

I hum, "Yes, Sir." I mumble, looking back out the window.

He's turning the engine on, and driving out of the neighborhood to go to our destination.

Many minutes of soft radio music and the sound of him tapping his finger against his steering wheel, we have officially made it to the police station.

Nervous to walk inside isn't what I'm worried about, but being sat down and answering the question wrongly could make me look guilty.

Shoving the blanket off of me, I open the door to get out. The officer meets me around, standing patiently as I grab all my things.

Blanket and my phone.

"No need to be nervous." He assures me one more, "this is just to put your perspective on record."

"Thank you." I offer a weak smile.

He pulls the door open, "ladies first." He gestures for me to make my entrance and I'm slowly increasing my feet forward.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee and wood fills my nostrils. The fluorescent lights above me shine brightly while I stand in the middle of the room, searching.

Vending machine on my left.

Seats lined all up against the wall. A greenish gray color.

A tall front desk on my right. A lady who has her hair in curlers probably from this morning and she forgot they were in there. Her feet are resting on the desk as she bends way back in her rolling chair. Her finger drags along the page she's reading, her glasses balanced on the bridge of her nose.

"Ruth." The officer says her name and she's looking up from her page. Pushing her glasses with her middle finger, secretly flipping him off. He doesn't notice, or ignores her and is leaning against the desk, it reaches right below his chest.

"Officer Morgan." She bluntly says back.

"Mind checking-in this lady for me?"

"No." Ruth starts to type her nails on the keyboard, "name?"

"Eulalia Rue Snow."

"Birthday?"

"February 20th."

"Favorite color?"