Moran - Dare to Love

By Ms_WhisperAngel

A story tells about Monami Mahajan, a soon-to-be graduate, freelanced by Karan Shergill, a young psychologis... More

Part -1
Part -2 Missing teenagers
Part-3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27 Coaxing and pampering
Part 28 Follow Rani sahiba k orders
Part 29
Part 30 A new case
Part 31 Who is the Murderer?
Part 32 love you like crazy
Part 33 Accident
Part 34 Statement
Part 35 Almost kiss
Part 36 Realisation
Part 37 Bar, drinks and indirect kiss
Part 38 A unique confession
Part 39 Some sweet time
Part 40 Goodbye
Part 41 Childhood memories
Part 42 Family Homicide
Part 43 His efforts to get praise
Part 44 Another family murdered
Part 45 Abandoned
Part 46 Caught but Got Injured
Part 47 Avni visits
Part 48 Shades of Karan Shergill
Part 49 A Beautiful Night
Part 50 How Fast the night starts to change
Part 51 Suicide or were being controlled?
Part 52 Say 'hello' to Jenny
Part 53 Now it begins
Part 54 A trip to US
Part 55 A video for Karan
Part 56 Trying to show his life
Part 57 Profiling him
Part 58 Analysing victims life again
Part 59 His Fantasy
Part 60 Hunt, Rescue and a Deal
Part 61 Little Moments
Part 62 Of accident and attacks
Part 63 For Being Karan Shergill's Woman
Part 64 Break out
Part 65 Parcel
Part 66 Simon's secret
Part 67 The letter or suicide note?
Part 68 J. I am back
Side story - Allen
Part 69 The kiss before he kills
Part 70 The plan behind the trap
Part 71 The Final Move
Part 72 The new Beginning
Side Story Faizi -1
Extra stories - 1
Extra stories 2 - The college life
Extra Story-3 Henpecked Husband
Extra stories -4 Parenthood for Mr. And Mrs Shergill
Extra stories -5

Side story Faizi Part 2

223 32 9
By Ms_WhisperAngel

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.

Continuing from the last part,

The scorching sun was baking the dry ground that was already covered with cracks. There was no breeze, only hot and dry air that easily dehydrated the body.  

Koel was carrying a few bottles of water and some candy. She walked towards a white tent. She saw Faizi from a distance. He was measuring the blood pressure for a native african man. There were a few kids playing in the tent too. They were very skinny and dressed in rags. But their eyes were big and bright.  

Kris.” She walked behind him. When the kids saw Koel, they gathered around her.

Joe is here!  Hello Joe!”

The children were very fond of her. She was delighted to see them too. She sat on the floor, opened her backpack and distributed the water and candy to them. They cheered excitedly. She looked up and met Faizi’s warm and gentle gaze.

This was their 43rd day of doing voluntary work in impoverished parts of Africa. She was overwhelmed by the poverty and hopelessness of the place when she first arrived. She has never seen a place like this in her life.  This was Faizi’s fifth visit to this part of the world. His first visit was when he was sixteen years old.

Someone once said: If you love someone, he or she may change your life.

What if you fall in love with a selfless and great man?  

Koel believed she has changed for the better because of him.

At sunset, they sat down under a tree in a quiet spot, away from the crowd.  They have left the tents of the Médecins Sans Frontières. The humanitarian-aid organisation’s tents were white in colour, which symbolised hope and healing. Koel looked at the magnificent view in front of her. Not far from where they sat was a steep cliff, then a big and deep canyon. In front of nature, humans always seemed so small and insignificant. But because of Faizi, Koel felt her life was meaningful and complete.  

She loves everything that has to do with him. Faizi has introduced her to a world beyond her normal life and experiences.  

A penny for your thoughts.” Faizi looked at his girlfriend. She seemed pensive. He leaned closer and kissed her. Koel wrapped her arms around his neck. They lied quietly together.  Their body cast a long shadow on the crimson ground they are sitting on.

- His favourite place for love making is traditional - the bed. But they have done it on a misty morning in the balcony of a villa in the forrest, in a tent in the middle of a desert, and even at the backseat of his Lexus….  She felt that she is very blessed, because she understands her lover.  

- They will live happily ever after like those fairytales.  Nothing can change that.  

What about Faizi. What is he thinking of at this time?

He thought that she would not get used to working in Africa. She is a rich kid from America. Even though she has been well brought up, she will not be used to the hardship associated with voluntary work in this challenging part of the world. But she is able keep pace with him.  She showed him that she is more capable than he thinks.  

‘I will propose to her when she graduates.”  He thought to himself. It’s too young for her to get married at the moment.  But it’s such a long wait. It’s another four years. Perhaps they should get engaged first.

He loves her, more than he loves himself. He wants to marry her and bring her home, so that he can treasure her for the rest of his life.  

—————

Each time Karan helped the FBI solve a case, his reputation grew. More and more FBI sought his assistance. The number of cases that he was involved in increased every year.  

The first injury Karan had while helping to solve a case was from a bullet wound. Fortunately, it was not serious. The suspect who was trying to escape opened fire on the FBI. A bullet grazed his arm. He didn’t want to be treated by the FBI medic staff.  He went to Faizi instead.

Faizi looked at his blood soaked sleeve and frowned: “ Tumne pehle kaha tha ki tum sirf analytical work ke liye responsible ho.. aur physical stuff me tum involve nahi hoge.. So how did you get hurt so badly?”

Karan looked at him faintly and saod: “Well, jab woh suspect meri aankhon ke saamne bhag raha tha toh kya main Bina kuch kare chhup kar baitha dekhta unhe?” 

Faizi gave a helpless laugh - This guy always makes it sound so convincing.  Actually, he has already heard from his FBI friends. He was injured because he was not agile enough. He might be a gifted intellectual, but his fitness level and reflexes did not meet the standard required for an officer. 

After Faizi bandaged his wound, Karan got out of bed. He took a look at the bandage and complained to his friend: “Looks ugly.”  

Faizi paid no heed to Karan’s comment. He was on the phone with his girlfriend. She wanted to have dinner with him.  

When he hung up, he asked Karan: “Would you like to come along? It’s Linda.”

As expected, Karan shook his head: “Not interested.”

Faizi’s ‘motherly’ instincts kicked in.  He asked Karan: “What are you having for dinner tonight?”

Karan puts on his jacket and answers faintly: “The suspect was injured. He is having an operation at the moment. I have to rush to the hospital.”

Faizi was putting his tools back into the medical kit as Karan said that.  When Faizi heard what he said, he suddenly paused what he was doing.  But he continued to finish what he was doing. However, this moment of distraction did not escape Karan’s eyes. Karan looked calmly at him, then he left the room.

That night, Faizi seemed preoccupied while having dinner with his girlfriend. She asked: “Is there something bothering you?”  

Faizi smiled: “No, just thinking of something that happened a long time ago. Sorry, I am not my usual self today. After dinner, I will send you home.”

His girlfriend looked at his bright smile. She wanted to say something, but in the end, she decided to keep quiet.  

Someone told her once, that this man has a hole in his heart. If you listen carefully, you will hear the echo that bounces around in that empty space.  

He will treat you very well, but you will never enter his heart.  

——————-

The day Karan was captured by the Flower Cannibal, it was a nice sunny day just like any other.  

It was just another ordinary day. He went to work in the morning. After work, he went to Karan’s favourite Japanese restaurant to order some takeaway for him, while asking himself why he allows himself to live like a nanny.  

When Karan’s assistant called, Faizi broke out in a cold sweat. 

A chill that was like water that slowly and quietly creeping up his back made his body as shook. “Simon is missing,” said the desperate assistant. “ The FBI think he is captured by the Flower Cannibal.” Faizi was walking when the assistant called. After the phone conversation, he looked around. He was not sure where he was. He was walking randomly while talking on the phone.  

This was a familiar feeling. It happened before. Many years ago.  But again, it felt like it only occurred yesterday.

In the same way, on an ordinary day, he received an unexpected phone call that told him Koel had gone missing.  

He thought he would never lose her.  But only three days after the phone call, he lost her forever.  

——————

Koel didn't know the identity of the man who wears the clown mask. The man who captured her and five other girls. They were locked up in a cage.  All of them were terrified. Each one of them hoping they will not be the next victim under the axe.

The first victim the masked killer ‘executed’ is a fifteen year old girl. The pool of blood, the broken bones lies in front of the cage....  and strangely, the killer seems tired and confused. He stood in the pool of blood for a long time. Everyone was quiet. Nobody wanted to draw attention to themselves. They didn't even dare to cry.

After a couple of days, he killed another two girls. Those who remain were petrified. The physical and psychological stress was too much for them. Koel tried hard not to think about the situation. What will she do if she is next to be killed?

But that day was not far away.  

The masked killer was agitated. He was watching the news. With the help of a young criminal psychologist genius, the FBI was able to profile the masked killer. They have announced a massive manhunt. Koel has a feeling that the police will be able to find this place today. 

Darkness before dawn was the darkest time of the day.  

That night, he was surprisingly calm.  He walked up to the cage and to announce their fate.  

I am going to sail out to the sea,” he said gently to them: “I will not die under the bullets of the police. As for you… I will give you a choice.”

They listened intently. But his options were cruel:I will let three of you go, and bring one of you with me onto the boat. This person will die with me in the sea. But if no one is willing to come with me, I will have to kill all four of you before I leave.”

In the last nineteen years, Koel has never been so torn. She has never felt so much pain, and surrounded by so such hopelessness. All the girls kept quiet. The eyes were full of fear and avoidance. After a short silence, she lifted up her head and looked at the killer: “I will go with you.”

There was relieve and guilt in the eyes of the other girls.  

He laughed: “Why?  Why sacrifice yourself?”

Koel didn't know how to answer him.

Why?

Because… because of her boyfriend.  The person she loves is someone who helps and saves lives.  He devotes his life and energy for this cause.  Therefore, she has to have the same compassionate heart.  Because she loves him, more than she loves herself.  

The masked killer took her out of the cage, and brought her to a different room. There was a telephone on the table. She could see a joy that was in his eyes. Watching her suffer made him happy.  

You can call him.” He said. “I am very fair. You have the chance to give the man you love  your last words.    When we are gone, he will receive this recorded message.”

She picked up the phone with her trembling hands. In all hopelessness, at least she can leave him a last message. She was grateful that at least she was able to have this last ‘gift’.  Tears streamed down her cheeks as she thought about what  she wanted to say.

——————-

Masked killer case” happened in 2014, in Maryland. One night, Karan, who was then a student at Maryland University, was watching the evening news on the reports on the masked killer. At the time, his abilities were still unknown to the public. He sent a letter to the FBI, giving them an accurate profile of the masked killer.  Based on the information he provided, the FBI successfully solved the case.  When they rushed to the house that was by the sea, they found the three survivors and the bodies of three other victims. But the killer and Koel was not where to be seen.  The marines searched the area and found some wreckage of a boat that they thought belonged to the killer. Based on the weather report and the conditions of the wreckage, they ruled that the killer and Koel died in a storm.  

As more evidence and information surfaced from the investigations, the FBI finally understood why the killer kidnapped those girls.

His fiancee was seriously injured by a robber three years ago. He shot the robber out of self defence. Both the robber and his fiancee were sent to the hospital. In the end, the robber lived, but his fiancee died.

All the girls he killed were family members of the medical team that helped saved the robber. The other four girls had no direct connection with the medical team, but they are partners or daughters of doctors from the same hospital. And one of those girls was the girlfriend of the most outstanding young doctor in the hospital - Faizi. 

A doctor’s mission is to save lives. But why did they save that bastard?  He did not understand, nor would he allow it. If they were willing to save the undeserving criminals; if they believed that everyone, regardless of their background, has the right to live; then he would take away those whom they love the most. Then they can feel with their heart how wrong this ‘right’ is.  

——————————-

Six months later, Karan was rescued by the FBI. He was in the operation room for four days. Faizi waited in the hospital for four days. 

But he left briefly on the third night.  He left the hospital to drive to Koel’s grave.

He stood in front of her grave for a long time. Then before he left, he said one sentence: “Koel, agar tum jannat dekh rahi ho.. toh khuda ko kaho humari dua qabool kare.. aur Karan ko kuch na hone de..”

When he returned to the hospital, it was dawn. Karan’s operation was finally over. Faizi looked at his best friend. He looked like a dried up and shrivelled tree. His face was pale, and he lied motionless, almost like a corpse on the bed. Nobody knew when he would wake up, or if he would even wake up at all. Faizi stood by his bed for a while, then he took down his necklace, opened Karan’s right palm, put the necklace in his hand and closed his hand into a fist.  

When Karan woke up, it was in the middle of the night. He saw Avni leaning on his bed. Then he saw his father, who was dozing off in the sofa. Faizi was also in the room. He was standing by the window, looking at the bright moon. He seemed to be deep in thought.  

“…” Karan let out a small moan.  Almost simultaneously, all three of them lifted their heads to look at him.  

Karan tried to smile at them, but he couldn’t move his lips. Avni took his hand to hers, and tears of joy started to flow down her cheeks. His father walked to the bed, he was crying too.  He quickly pressed the bell for the nurse to come.

Karan felt that there was something in his hand. He opened his palm and saw a familiar looking necklace. He knew this necklace belonged to Faizi.  Inside the heart shaped pedant is a photograph of a couple. The face of the woman was in his victims’ information files.  

Faizi stood next to his bed. They looked at each other. Faizi didn’t say anything. He knelt down and held Karan’s right hand. Together, they hold the necklace in their hands.   

—————

Faizi:

Promise me, that you will live a happy life, like you used to. A person’s happiness is not measured by how long they live. We will not be able to grow old together, but this does not mean our love will not last forever. You are kind and honest. There will be many years ahead of you. You will be able to help a lot of people. Faizi, I wish you happiness.”

…….

I once loved a woman. She is perfect.  Like an angel. 

She represents my ideals and my dreams for love. She witnessed all my passion and loyalty for love.  

When I lost her, I knew my life will never be complete again. How can I expect God to give me another girl like her?

But I will live according to her wishes - a life of happiness. And I will, with the best of my abilities, help as many people as I can. This is my way of reciprocating the lavish love that she gave me.”

*****

Well isn't jo log sabse jyada khush hote h sabse jitna ache se baat krte h.. u don't know they are the one who are suffering most.. u will never know..

Signing off
Kriya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 178 15
Ira Sharma. She scowls on almost everybody that tries to know her, outside the professional boundary. But she wasn't always like this. She was a love...
3M 122K 60
Highest ranking: #9 Romance & #4 in General Fiction!!! WARNING: I wrote this book when I was 17 so there is a ton of grammatical errors so please re...
539K 30.1K 53
She was struggling to tie the dori of her kurti but couldn't so She was trying to find her friends to help her with this but no one came into her vie...
Tsunami By Swasti

Fanfiction

30.5K 1.4K 25
A Ziddi Dil Maane Na Fanfiction *************** "Naive, Fragile, Vulnerable. That's what the world thought her to be. And so did I. Rani Sahiba, I ca...