HP โ€ข ๐‡๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ...

By ladyvetra

Cassiopeia Pandora Gaunt Black, a young pure-blood witch, sets off on a journey at Hogwarts School of Witchcr... More

Arrival at Hogwarts
First Classes, Beginning of Friendships
Potions class and flying lesson
โš ๏ธImportant Noteโš ๏ธ
Halloween Night
Quidditch game and Gaunt Manor
Nicholas Flamel and Detention
The philosophical Stone
Diagon Alley and Narcissa Malfoy
Second year
Heartbroken
Quidditch Game
Polyjuice
Saving friends
Sirius Black
Third year
Draco - The Drama Queen
A little secret?
Hogsmeade , Narcissa and Sirius Black
Animagus Family
Christmas Dinner
Fucking Malfoys
Pettigrew
Saving Family
โš ๏ธImportant Note โš ๏ธ
Quidditch World Cup
The Dark Mark
Forth Year
Unforgivable Curses
Ferret Malfoy and The champions Selection
Potter Stinks
In love with Granger?
Perfect Partner
Yule Ball
Final Tasks
12 Grimmauld place
Family
Andromeda
Fifth year
Narcissus Parfum
Dumbledore Army
Wesley is our King
Malfoy Manor
Promises Promises
Thoughts
Blood Connection
Malfoy Ball
EXPECTO PATRONUM
D.A.
Breaking Down
Dammit, Potter
Prophecy
Trapped
Godfather
Unbreakable Vow
Black Sisters
Commitment Ring
Sixth year
Felix Felicis
Gryffindor honor
Granger?
Cissa
Wasn't me.
Three possibilities
Memories
I have no choice
Death Eater
The Seven Potters
I'm a Black.
Ceremony
The truth
Bella
Ministry
Devastating Shadow
The Savior Princess
A chance
Crucio
Teddy
The Lightning Struck At Hogwarts
Go
Dead
Final Battle
Sunshine
A second war would begin
Time goes by so quickly

APPARITION CLASSES

2.1K 132 20
By ladyvetra

The day to return to Hogwarts wasn't an easy one. In the late afternoon, a few days after New Year's, Cassiopeia and Draco stood by the living room fireplace to travel back to Hogwarts.

The Ministry had arranged this connection to the Floo Network so that students could travel to the school quickly and safely. Noctua could barely see Cassi, as she was busy trying to keep her away from Voldemort. Bellatrix was occupied as well, which was a great relief.

But Narcissa... Recently, it took the slightest thing to bring her to tears; she was under immense stress and consumed by fear for Draco's discovery or any harm befalling Cassi.

"Forgive me, my dear, I'm so sorry," Narcissa wept as she tightly embraced Draco.

"It's not something that was within your control, Mother," he hugged her back, attempting to comfort her while seeking solace himself.

"Promise me you'll take care... don't do anything reckless..." Draco was implored by his mother as she held him tightly.

"I promise, Mother. Just don't ask the same of her, she's friends with Potter," Draco sighed, accusingly pointing a finger at Cassi.

"Save it," Cassiopeia huffed irritably, but then calmed as Narcissa pulled her into an embrace.

"Look after him for me?" Narcissa whispered softly in her ear.

"Always," Cassi replied, squeezing her tightly. "Wish me luck?"

Narcissa chuckled tearfully and pulled away. "A kiss of good luck," she smiled gently, pressing their lips together.

Cassie stepped into the emerald-green flames and shouted, "Hogwarts!" She had one last fleeting glimpse of Narcissa silently mouthing 'I love you' with tear-streaked cheeks before being engulfed by the flames. Whirling rapidly, she caught blurred glimpses of other wizards' rooms that disappeared from sight before she could see them properly; finally, she slowed and came to a stop, aligned with the fireplace in Minerva's office.

Minerva raised her eyes from her newspaper as Cassiopeia emerged from the fireplace. "Good evening, kitten," Minerva beamed at her.

"Good evening, Aunt Minnie," Cassiopeia sighed, checking her appearance before going in for a hug from her godmother.

She had just pulled away when Draco emerged, looking elegant. "Good evening, Malfoy," Minerva greeted while still reading the newspaper.

"Good evening, Professor," Draco courteously greeted before following Cassi out.

The two headed towards the dungeons to the Slytherin common room. "Pure Blood," Draco said to the portrait, and the hidden door to the dungeon opened.

...

The new term began the next morning with a pleasant surprise for the sixth year - a large notice had been posted overnight on the common room notice board.

APPARITION CLASSES

If you are seventeen years old, or will turn seventeen by August 31st, you can sign up for a twelve-week Apparition course with an instructor from the Ministry of Magic. If you want to participate, please sign below.

Cost: 12 Galleons

Cassie and Draco joined the crowd that was jostling around the notice, taking turns signing up at the indicated spot. Pansy grabbed the quill to sign next, followed by Cassie, then Daphne Greenglass, Draco, and finally Daphne's sister, Astoria.

She was a beautiful girl with dark hair and stunning blue eyes. She stared at Draco for a few moments as if mesmerized. Draco wasn't much different.

"Hmm, so the ferret has more than one crush," Cassi thought playfully. Pansy, however, didn't seem to like it and pulled Draco away from Astoria.

Cassiopeia rolled her eyes as they walked together, a mixture of amusement and exasperation.

"I better pass the test on the first try," Draco commented, looking anxious. "My father passed on his first attempt."

"My mother did too," Cassi sighed.

"When can we take the actual test?"

"As soon as we turn seventeen. For me, that's in June," Draco murmured.

"I could start now," Cassi grumbled thoughtfully. She knew she had reached the age of majority in her fourth year. But she completely lost track of her age due to the Time-Turner usage. She didn't even know when her birthday was anymore.

"What do you mean?" Pansy asked, confused.

No need to make up an excuse. Professor Flitwick entered the room, and the class began.

They were supposed to conjure a pure water source. But some students were so excited about Apparition classes that they didn't pay much attention. Like Simas. He ended up spraying water at the professor, nearly knocking him down if Cassiopeia hadn't prevented his fall.

The boy was punished and had to write the phrase "I am a wizard, not a baboon wielding a wand" several times on parchment.

(...)

Potions class was odd. Hermione distanced herself from Ron and Harry and stood beside Cassie and the other Slytherins. She was still at odds with Ron.

Nott seemed irritated, but after a full minute of Cassiopeia staring him down, daring him to say something, the boy didn't dare protest. Even Pansy wasn't taunting this time.

Draco and Blaze just sighed. Then Slughorn called for silence at the front of the class.

"Settle down, settle down, please! And quickly, we have much to do this afternoon! Golpalott's Third Law... who can tell me..."

"Gaunt and Granger, of course!" Slughorn smiled affectedly.

Cassi smiled at Hermione as her friend allowed her to answer first.

"Golpalott's Third Law states that the antidote for a blended poison will be greater than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components."

"Exactly!" the professor exclaimed, smiling. "Ten points to Slytherin."

Cassi looked around, and except for her and Hermione, it seemed like no one was following what Slughorn said next.

"Which naturally means that, assuming we've correctly identified the potion's ingredients, using Scarpin's Revelaspell, our primary aim is not simply to select antidotes for the individual ingredients by themselves, but to find the additional component that, through a near-alchemical process, will transform these disparate elements... And therefore," Slughorn concluded, "I want each of you to come and fetch one of the vials on my desk. And you must create an antidote for the poison contained in the vial before the end of the lesson. Good luck, and don't forget your protective gloves."

"I didn't understand a thing," Draco grumbled, exasperated.

Hermione giggled. "We'll identify the poisons in each vial and prepare an antidote. The section on antidotes starts on page 150. You can look up the characteristics of your poison from there. But remember, it's not just about replication; it's about finding the main component."

Draco seemed slightly annoyed and grateful at the same time. "Thanks, Granger," he muttered reluctantly, also getting up to collect a vial.

(...)

The arrival of February brought with it the melting of the snow that surrounded the school, replaced by a cold and monotonous dampness. Clouds of a grey-purple hue hung low over the castle, while a continuous icy rain turned the lawns into slippery, muddy surfaces.

As a result, the sixth-year Apparition class, originally scheduled to take place outdoors on Saturday morning, was moved to the Great Hall to prevent students from missing their regular lessons.

Upon entering the Hall, Cassi and Draco noticed that the tables had been removed. The rain lashed against the tall windows, and the enchanted ceiling rotated ominously above them. Professors McGonagall, Snape, Flitwick, and Sprout - heads of the four Houses - were present, along with a diminutive wizard whom they assumed to be the Ministry's Apparition instructor.

The wizard had an oddly pallid appearance, with almost transparent eyelashes, thinning hair, and an almost ethereal air about him, as if a gust of wind could carry him away. Cassi wondered if the frequent Apparitions and Disapparitions had diminished his solidity or if that fragile appearance was ideal for someone teaching the art.

She was trying to focus, but Draco was engaged in a heated argument with Crabbe. The boy was complaining about having to use Polyjuice Potion and transform into a girl for a few hours. It was a strategy to monitor the corridors in case one of them entered the room of requirement

"Good morning," the Ministry wizard said when all the students were present and the House heads called for silence. "My name is Wilkie Twycross, and I will be your Ministry Apparition instructor for the next twelve weeks. I hope to prepare you for the Apparition test within this timeframe."

"Malfoy, calm down and pay attention!" Minerva shouted. Everyone turned, and Draco turned a dark shade of red. He was furious as he moved away from Crabbe.

"During this time, many of you may be ready to take the test," Twycross continued, as if the interruption hadn't occurred. "As some of you may know, it is usually impossible to Apparate or Disapparate within Hogwarts. However, the headmaster has temporarily lifted this enchantment only within the Great Hall for an hour, so you can practice. I want to emphasize that Apparating outside the walls of this Hall is strictly forbidden and would be unwise." He paused briefly, observing the students' reactions.

"Now, I would like each of you to position yourselves, leaving one and a half meters of space in front of you."

There was a bit of jostling as people moved apart, collided, and tried to maintain distance from each other. The House heads walked among the students, aligning them and ending any disputes.

"Now then," he waved his wand. Instantly, old-fashioned wooden hoops appeared on the floor in front of each student. 'It's important to remember the three Ds when Apparating! Destination, Determination, and Deliberation!

"First: focus your mind on the desired destination," Twycross said. "In this case, the interior of your hoop. Now, please concentrate on this destination."
The students looked around furtively to check if everyone was gazing at their own hoop, then quickly obeyed. Cassi fixed her gaze on the circular space on the dusty floor circumscribed by the hoop and concentrated on passing through it.

"Second," Twycross said, "Focus your determination to occupy the visualized space! Let this desire flow from your mind to every particle of your body!"
Cassi eased her muscles, trying to feel her magic trickle through her skin until she felt a tingling in her fingers.

"Only when I give the order... rotate your body, feeling it penetrate the vacuum, moving with deliberation! When I say. one..."
Cassi focused ahead.
"...two..."
She felt a strange flutter in her stomach.
"THREE!"

Cassi spun her body quickly and saw the walls around her appear distorted for a moment before she felt herself floating in space.
As everything normalized, she found herself on the other side of the hoop. A bit nauseous and slightly dizzy, but it worked. She Apparated successfully!

Twycross seemed genuinely impressed.
"That's right! What's your name, young lady?" he asked, wide-eyed.
"Black," Cassi smiled politely. "Cassiopeia Gaunt Black."
"Well... Very well, Mrs. Black. That's a sign of a truly determined mind," he nodded before continuing to walk around the hall.

When she looked around, she saw that the hall had suddenly filled with people stumbling. Neville fell backward, while Ernesto, on the other hand, had spun through the hoop with a kind of pirouette and seemed momentarily impressed until he saw Dean Thomas laughing at him heartily. Draco fell flat on his face and sulked while muttering curses under his breath.

"It's alright, it's alright," Twycross said dryly, as if he hadn't expected anything better. "Get your hoops ready, please, and return to the starting position..."

The second attempt went a bit better than the first. The third was equally poor. Only on the fourth did her body seem to adjust. Cassie had a broad smile of pride when she heard a terrible scream of pain. Everyone turned, terrified, and saw Susan Bones from Hufflepuff swaying in the hoop with her left leg still a meter and a half away from where she started.

The House heads rushed to the girl. There was a loud pop and a burst of purple smoke which, upon dispersing, revealed a sobbing Susan, her leg reattached but horrified.

"Apparation splinching, or the unfortunate separation of body parts," explained Twycross, emotionless. "Occurs when the mind lacks sufficient determination. You must continuously focus on your destination and move slowly but deliberately... like this."

Twycross took a step forward, elegantly spun his body with arms extended, and disappeared in a swirl of robes, reappearing at the back of the hall.

"Remember the three Ds," the instructor said. "Try again. One, two, three..."

Twycross didn't seem discouraged. Fastening his cloak around his neck, he said simply, "Until next Saturday, and don't forget destination, determination, and deliberation." And with that, he waved his wand to make the hoops disappear and left the hall accompanied by Minerva. Immediately, people began to talk and move towards the Entrance Hall.

"How did you do that?" Some people crowded too close to address her.

"Can you teach me?" Pansy asked with a pout.

"Show-off," Draco teased, wrinkling his nose. "Can you teach me too?" he asked, giving her puppy dog eyes.

Cassi let out a laugh, amused by her classmates.

(...)

As days went by, Draco and Cassiopeia focused entirely on the cabinet. They had finally managed to fix it for simple objects.

Draco tested it with a green apple, which returned with a bite taken out of it for both of them.

They exchanged glances, unsure whether to feel relieved or even more apprehensive. Did this mean Draco's success was closer? Cassiopeia didn't want to think about the consequences, at least not now.

The month of February edged closer to March with no change in the weather, except that it became windier in addition to raining. To the general dismay, a notice was posted in all common rooms. The next trip to Hogsmeade had been canceled.

She was quite upset about it. But it wasn't a surprise after what happened to Katie. The girl hadn't returned from St. Mungo's yet. Furthermore, the Daily Prophet had been reporting new disappearances, including relatives of Hogwarts students.

A few weeks passed, and the news that Ron Weasley had been poisoned spread like wildfire throughout the school. Everyone considered it an accident, of course.

But Cassi knew better. Something so reckless reeked of Draco.

She yelled at him for hours, chastising him for his recklessness, and made him promise not to do anything without consulting her first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 1.9K 45
hermione x femoc In the foreboding corridors of Malfoy Manor, where opulence disguises a suffocating darkness, lurks the elusive enigma, Merla Malfoy...
14.5K 2.6K 24
โ ๐‡๐š๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค'๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ฆ๐š๐, ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฒ? ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐ ? ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐š ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ข๐ฌ...
15.9K 332 73
-completed- Vivian Diaz Alice a witch and Demi god who everyone seems to like, has a prophecy for the most powerful among demigods and witches where...
41.1K 1.7K 33
This will be a Y/N x Narcissa Malfoy fan fiction. You are in your seventh year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You have grown close t...