Hockey Imagines

By bhoff06

Imagines about college, NHL, all hockey players!! Let me know if you want anyone added ❤️ Currently includes... More

Hockey Isn't Life | Jack Hughes
Girlfriend | Trevor Zegras
Heart Break | Alex Turcotte
Baby (Part One) | Sidney Crosby
Baby (Part Two) | Sidney Crosby
Rookie | Carter Hart
Enchanted | Jack Hughes
Formal | Luke Hughes
The Rest Of Our Lives | Joel Farabee
My Girl | Trevor Zegras
The Kind of Man I Am | P.K. Subban
Look At Me | Mitch Marner
More Than One Surprise | Trevor Zegras
Et Je Vous Aime | Timo Meier
Exactly | Luke Hughes
Pumpkin | Auston Matthews
Princess (Part One) | Jack Hughes
Prince (Part Two) | Jack Hughes
Chaos | Quinn Hughes
Stronger | Cole Caufield
Slow Down Summer | Matt Boldy
Okay | Jamie Drysdale
Not Me (Part One) | Luke Hughes
Not Me (Part Two) | Luke Hughes
Never Enough | Mathew Barzal
Play Pretend (Part One) | Logan Couture
Play Pretend (Part Two) | Logan Couture
Love You Still | Quinn Hughes
My Person | Ethan Edwards
Lost | Cole Caufield
Lake House | Matty Beniers
Finally | Colton Dach
Nothing Like You | Jack Hughes
Perfect Timing | Brendan Brisson
Miracles | Mitch Marner
I Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way | Kirby Dach
Darling | Thomas Bordeleau
My Babies | Nico Hischier
My Love (Part One) | Timo Meier
My Love (Part Two) | Timo Meier
Friends Don't | Trevor Zegras
Heartfirst | Jamie Drysdale
And Then Some | Cole Caufield
Never Got Over Her | Jack Hughes
Just Fall | Mitch Marner
Next Thing You Know | Luke Hughes
Better | Auston Matthews
Paper Rings | Matt Boldy
Fearless | Connor Bedard
Dancing With Our Hands Tied | Matty Beniers
You Are In Love | Jack Hughes (Part One)
You Are In Love | Jack Hughes (Part Two)
Anyone | Nico Hischier
Hate Hockey | Jack Hughes
Big Plans | Connor Bedard
Find You A Girl | Dawson Mercer

End Game | Trevor Zegras

2.5K 29 6
By bhoff06

#11, Center for the Anaheim Ducks
Word Count: 3.9 K

"I wanna be your end game
I wanna be your first string
I wanna be your A-Team
I wanna be your end game, end game
Big reputation, big reputation
Ooh, you and me, we got big reputations, ah
And you heard about me, ooh
I got some big enemies
Big reputation, big reputation
Ooh, you and me would be a big conversation, ah"
- "End Game," Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Future

Trevor's POV:

"Yes, sir, I understand." I tell my teacher. I really don't wanna do this, but I honestly don't have a choice. I need a tutor or I'm not going to pass this class. And that means no more hockey.

I need to play college hockey. And keep my spot on the national team. Or I have no shot at the pros. Yes, I'm basically locked in with BU but things can change quickly.

"Your tutor will be Selena, given that she agrees. If so, I will give her your contact information and the two of you can figure out when you will meet to start studying for the upcoming test. I believe you can pass this class, Trevor. You just need to put some more time into it." I nod in agreement. I know he's right, and he's helping me out by giving me a really good tutor. Selena is in my class, and she's brilliant.

I know there's always rumors going around about her. I've never understood them. But I don't believe them. She seems like a really nice girl.

I hurry to meet my friends at lunch, knowing they're probably wondering where I've been.

I take a seat where I usually do, greeting everyone. Henry raises an eyebrow at me. "Where were you?"

"Had to meet with my calc teacher. I'm failing the class, so I need a tutor." I explain with a shrug. "I need to pass the class and stay in hockey, so I gotta do all I can to get my grade back up."

Jack nods. "That's smart, man. I hope things work out."

"Me, too."

"Who's your tutor?" Henry asks as he takes a bite of the sandwich his mom packed him for lunch. I always give him shit for the fact that he can't make his own lunches.

"Her name is Selena, she's in my class. She's brilliant."

Henry snorts. "I've heard she gets around quite a bit. You interested in that, Zegs?"

I throw a balled up piece of paper at him that I found at the bottom of my bag. I was going to throw it away, but I think this is a better use for it. "That's fucked up, man. She's a nice girl. You don't even know her."

Henry holds his hands up. "I didn't start the rumor. I'm just saying that's what everyone says about her."

"Well shut up about it then. It's not true so stop saying it." I roll my eyes at him. This kid is starting to make me question why I'm even hanging out with him in the first place.

If he wasn't one of my USNTDP teammates, I probably wouldn't. He's kinda an ass.

As I'm cleaning up all the trash from lunch since everyone left me with it, my phone buzzes with a text from an unknown number.

Unknown Number:
Hey, this is Selena. I'm your new tutor. Let me know when you're available to meet and we'll work it out

I smile. I'm actually kind of excited for this. I need help with the class, and I'm glad Selena agreed to help me. I'm really interested in getting to know her. I really feel like all the rumors about her are unfair. There's no way they're true, so why would anyone start them or even spread them? It makes no sense to me.

- - - - -

"Hey."

I shoot Selena a smile and follow her into the library. We've agreed to meet a couple days a week during lunch to study and so she can help me work through things. Some of the guys are giving me some shit over it, but I don't care. This is the third week of her tutoring me, and it's helping a lot so far.

We find a seat and get our things out to get straight to work. Lunch isn't real long, so we need to take advantage of all the time we can get.

I lean back in my seat as I wait for her to get settled, focusing on her hair. It's a unique color, and I find that really cool. I've never really seen someone with that color hair before.

Selena lifts her head and her eyes lock with mine. She blushes and tucks her hair behind her ear, clearing her throat as she breaks our eye contact. "You ready?"

I nod and we get started on tonight's homework. It's a concept I'm realty struggling with, so it's good that I'm working with her on it today.

I find it hard to focus on the math she's teaching me and not on how beautiful she is. It's weird how I never noticed it before. But when she's sitting beside me, I can't help but notice it.

My phone starts buzzing and continues for a good few seconds, telling me it's a call. I ignore it, despite the curious look Selena shoots me, and train my focus on what she's saying.

"It's fine, whoever it is can wait." I tell her and point at the problem. "Do you mind if I try a problem?"

She shakes her head and pushes the paper toward me. "Go ahead. Try and work through it, I'm here to help if you need it."

I work through the fifth problem on my own, only getting stuck a couple times. I manage to get through it and get the answer right, which I'm really happy about. Finally, I'm learning something.

"Yo, what's up!" I hear someone yell and wince because I recognize the voice.

"What the hell, man?" I turn to face Henry. "I'm working here. You're also in a library, so shut up."

He rolls his eyes. "Like anyone cares. What are you working on?" He leans over Selena's shoulder and I see her wrinkle her nose. Obviously he's making her uncomfortable.

I elbow him in the side. "Back up, dude. Personal space."

"Aw, I'm sure Selena doesn't mind."

Selena isn't phased, just keeps focused on the work in front of me. "You gonna finish the problem, Zegras?"

"Yeah, I'm working on it." I take her lead in ignoring Henry and focus back on the problem. That's why I'm here, after all.

"Guys, c'mon. Let's do something fun after Trevor and I have practice today. You can bring one of your boyfriends, Selena."

Selena raises an eyebrow at him, the first acknowledgment she gives him. "What are you on about?"

"Your boyfriends, y'know? All those guys you like to uh, hang out with." Henry smirks. I glare at him. Why does he feel the need to be so rude to her? And continue the rumors going around the place?

"Shut up, Henry." I growl. "Get out."

"Listen, I don't know where you hear these little rumors, but they're not true. So it'd be great if you, I don't know, shut up and left?" Selena snaps.

"Whatever. Have fun, you two." He winks at us before finally leaving the library.

Selena turns her attention to me. "What is he implying, where did he get the information from, and do you have anything to do with this?" She demands.

"It's a rumor going around. I don't know where it came from or who started it, but I swear I'm not part of it. The guys and I always get pissed at Henry when he so much as mentions it. Promise." I keep eye contact with her so she can see for herself that I'm being sincere. I don't want her to feel like I'm lying to her, because I'm not.

I'm starting to enjoy the time we have spent together. I don't want to ruin our newfound friendship just because my teammate can't keep his mouth shut and be respectful.

"Thank you, Trevor." She clears her throat and looks back at the paper. "Anyway, let's continue."

- - - - -

Henry continues to pull his shit over the next few weeks. It's like every time he sees Selena, he has to make some comment about the rumors. It really pisses me off. I've talked to him about it numerous times and each time he promises to stop but he never does. That's one reason why I now refuse to hang out with him, even with the other guys. It's ridiculous. There's no reason for him to treat Selena, or anyone, like that.

"Hey, S, I got a question for you." I bite my lip nervously.

"What's up, Trev?" She's staring at her phone, not looking at me. Her and I have started sitting together at lunch, even when she's not tutoring me. I actually prefer it over sitting with the guys.

"Can you look at me for a second?" I gently take her hand and she sets her phone down, making eye contact with me.

"Everything okay?" Her eyebrows furrow.

I nod and lace my fingers through hers, looking at them nervously. I take a deep breath, trying to ground myself. I don't know why I'm so anxious about this.

"Do you want to go to prom?"

She shrugs. "I don't know, maybe. If I had a date, sure, but I don't really have a reason to go since I don't have a date or friends to go with."

"What about if it was with me?" I clarify.

"Oh." She ducks her head and when she looks back up at me, her face is flushed. It's pretty cute, actually. "I mean, that sounds fun."

"Good." I try to mask my excitement, but it's hard. I'm really excited to go to prom with Selena. I honestly couldn't see myself with going with another girl. Only Selena. "That's awesome."

She laughs. "It is. I'm excited."

"Me, too."

- - - - -

"I got a reputation, girl, that don't precede me
I'm one call away whenever you need me
I'm in a G-5, come to the A-side
I got a bad boy persona, that's what they like
You love it, I love it too 'cause you my type
You hold me down and I protect you with my life"

"Y'all ready?" I call to the guys. Selena and I are going with a group of some of my teammates and their girlfriends or dates. She doesn't know a lot of them, so she'll get to know them some tonight. I hope she likes them. I already know they'll love her.

None of the guys believe the rumors except for Henry. Thankfully he isn't coming with us tonight. I'm sure he'll be there; it's our senior prom. But he's not going to be around her.

"Yeah, I'm ready." Cam meets me in the living room and Jack, Cole, Alex, Spencer and Matthew aren't too far behind. I'm excited, both because I get to spend time with the guys and the girl I feel myself falling for more and more every day.

We head to the limo that Jack's parents rented for all of us tonight and start making our way to each of the girls' houses. Some of them got ready together, but we still have like three stops to make to get everyone.

Selena looks gorgeous, but I can tell from one glance that she feels really anxious. I take a minute to spend with her before we join everyone else.

"You okay?" I take both her hands in mine, trying to calm her. If she's too anxious, we won't go. The guys will understand. But I also want her to be able to meet them and spend time around them and the girls.

She nods slowly. "I'm okay. Just a little worried about meeting everyone." She hesitates. "Is Henry coming?"

I shake my head. "Definitely not. I'll introduce you to everyone when we get in the car, but I already know they'll love you. I promise." I squeeze her hands gently. "You trust me?"

"Of course I trust you." She says with zero hesitation.

I have to fight a grin and open the door for her. "Ladies first."

I help her into the car and then we're on the way. I introduce her to the guys and each of their dates. Everyone seems to like her, and I'm grateful for that.

Selena works up a conversation with Aria, Cole's date, and they seem to be getting along pretty well which I'm happy about. I'd love for her to make friends with some of the girls. I know it bothers her some that she has a hard time making friends. It's not easy for anyone, but I think because she's quiet and shy, it's even harder for her.

When we get to the restaurant, Selena immediately perks up because it's her favorite. It's this small Italian restaurant and it took some work convincing the guys to have our pre-prom dinner here, but I made it happen.

Anything to see this girl smile.

Unfortunately, I notice Henry is there with his date when we walk in. I nod at him in acknowledgment, but that's the only attention I give him. He's not important enough to warrant anything more than that.

I see Henry whispering to his date as we eat, but I try to ignore it. Whatever he's up to can't be good, but I want to focus on Selena and having fun tonight. That's more important than Henry and his games he loves to play.

We all talk and laugh and have fun at dinner, and soon it's time to head to the venue where the actual event is taking place. It's at a country club in town in the clubhouse. A little extra for my taste, but whatever. As long as Selena has fun, that's all I care about.

The group of us take pictures together outside, and there's a photographer to take actual professional photos, too. I make sure to have one of the girls get some pictures of Selena and I together, since I don't trust any of the guys to take decent pictures. She seems a little anxious at first, but she relaxes and actually has a little bit of fun posing for some silly pictures with me.

"Thank you." I tell Hannah, Matt's girlfriend, and she smiles and pats my arm.

"Of course. You two are adorable together." She tells both Selena and I. Selena blushes but thanks her, and we all head inside together.

As Selena and I walk through the room hand in hand, people are staring and whispering. I'm not really surprised, because lots of people don't even know that we know each other. But it doesn't matter to me because we're here together, and that's all I care about.

"I'm going to use the bathroom." Selena plants a kiss on my cheek before leaving in the direction of the restrooms. I just take a seat with the rest of the group and wait patiently for her.

"What the hell?" Aria stands, eyebrows furrowed as she looks in the direction of the doors. "Is that Selena?"

I turn to look in that direction and see Selena sprinting for the doors. "What the hell?" I echo. I stand quickly and hurry in that direction, pushing through people. I don't know what's going on, but I need to find out.

I finally catch up to her outside and manage to grab her arm. "Sel, what's going on?"

She spins around to face me, pushing me back. My heart drops when I see her face streaked with mascara and tears. "Don't touch me." She snaps. "Get away from me. I'm going home."

My eyes widen. "What? What happened?"

"You know damn well, Zegras. I'm leaving. I've already called my brother, he's on the way to get me. Go back inside and spend time with your best friend Henry."

I'm bewildered as I watch her get into the car that pulls up, and the guy I'm assuming is her brother glares at me before driving away.

I'm really clueless about what's going on right now.

- - - - -

Selena's POV:

"I don't wanna touch you (I don't wanna be)
Just another ex-love (You don't wanna see)
I don't wanna miss you (I don't wanna miss you)
Like the other girls do
I don't wanna hurt you (I just wanna be)
Drinkin' on a beach with (You all over me)
I know what they all say (I know what they all say)
But I ain't tryna play"

I shut down my phone, sick of hearing it buzz every five seconds. Trevor needs to stop trying to call me. Because he tries, and when that doesn't work, he apparently convinces Jack or one of the guys to call me and see if that will work. It's annoying and I'm sick of it. You would think he would take the hint.

It's been a month and I still don't want to talk to him. And for good reason. Henry's date's words still echo through my brain.

Yeah, it was all a bet, but he was still able to convince you to go to prom with him, so I guess it's a win for you both. Henry can be smart with his suggestions, apparently.

I still can't believe that all of this was a lie. All of Trevor's happiness around me, everything. It was all some bet with Henry. Apparently Henry and Trevor made the deal that if Trevor managed to get me to (supposedly) fall in love with him, then Henry would pay for Trevor's suit for the draft this summer. It sounds so stupid, but apparently it's good enough for Trevor since he accepted it.

I still can't believe he would do that to me. I trusted him. And he betrayed me. And, quite frankly, broke my heart. I was falling so hard for him. But the universe had different plans for me. God forbid I'm ever happy.

I sigh and drag myself out of bed. I gotta get ready, since my graduation is in a couple hours.

I shower and then dry my hair and curl it and do some minimal makeup before changing. Then I meet my parents downstairs. I have to be at the school a couple hours before they do, but they insist on going with me anyway. I honestly love them for it.

"Are you alright, honey?" My mom asks, smoothing down my flyaways making a mess around my face.

"I'm good."

She nods and hugs me carefully. "Everything will be alright. Things will work themselves out." She assures me. "Now go."

I make my way to the auditorium where everyone is meeting so we can do a little graduation dress rehearsal before the real thing. I see Aria and Hannah, two of the girls that were part of the group I went to prom with, and they both give me a hug and tell me how beautiful I look. I tell them the same and I end up staying with them as we wait for the practice to start.

Hannah narrows her eyes at her phone, texting rapidly. Aria raises an eyebrow at her. "What are you doing?"

"Matt just sent me something." Hannah clears her throat and passes her phone to me. "It's for you."

I raise an eyebrow but click on the attachment that Matt sent her. It's a video, and I'm shocked when I see it. "Do either of you have earbuds?"

Hannah passes me her AirPods and I put one in my ear so I can hear the video.

"So, I know this is a little weird. But please hear me out." Trevor says on screen. "I know you hate me right now, but I want to explain. And prove to you that this bullshit about us going to prom together because of a prank is not true."

Trevor opens up his phone and pulls up a text exchange between what seems to be him and Henry. He shows me the phone number first. "Here's the number, you can confirm with any of the guys or one of the girls that it is actually Henry's number. Now, what you're seeing here is him admitting that he told his date to say that to you to try to screw things up between you and I.

"Now, I say very clearly here, 'I don't understand why you don't like Selena, but like it or not, I don't hate her. In fact, I think I'm falling in love with her. She's an amazing girl and she doesn't deserve any of the shit you're causing. You need to stop. If you don't, I'm brining this to Coach. Maybe it seems stupid to you, but I'm sick of it. Leave her out of this.'"

Trevor then looks back at the camera. "I'm serious about every single thing I said to Henry. I think I'm falling in love with you. You're amazing and smart and the most selfless girl ever, and I'm sorry for even being associated with someone like Henry. I hate myself for letting him get away with everything for so long. You're an amazing girl, and you didn't deserve any of it.

"Anyway, I hope you forgive me. It's okay if you don't. But happy birthday, Sel. I, um, actually have a gift for you, if—"

I quickly hand Hannah her phone and earbuds back. "Where's Matt? Does he know where Trevor is?"

She immediately texts Matt, asking where Trevor is for me. He responds quickly, and I rush to the front row of seats, hoping to find a seat by him, needing desperately to talk to him.

"Trev!" I call his name, not caring what anyone thinks. I need to talk to him. And damn what everyone thinks. For once in my life, I don't care.

Trevor stands up, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Sel?" He looks surprised to see me. "Is everything alright?" He leaves his seat and meets me halfway in the aisle.

"Did you mean it?"

"Mean what?"

"The love part. Did you mean it?"

"Of course I meant it, Selena. How could I not? You're incredible. I know I fucked up, and I'm so sorry. Even if everything between us wasn't a bet, I should have made sure that Henry was never close enough to even put that thought into your brain. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for everything."

I carefully take his hands in mine. "I think I'm falling in love with you, too, Trevor Zegras."

He beams. "Really?"

I nod. "Mhm."

He grins and gently leans down to kiss me. "So you forgive me?"

"I'd be dumb not to."

He chuckles. "Happy birthday, Sel. Or should I say girlfriend?"

"Hm. Girlfriend sounds better."

- - - - -

What does everyone think?? I really enjoyed writing this request for @selwolfqueenjscd and I hope she enjoyed it. Let me know what you think!! Don't be afraid to comment who you want next or any ideas any of you have for imagines. I love you all, and I hope you have an amazing day/night ❤️

~ Bryn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 857 44
Lily Grace Hughes is the twin brother to the famous Jack Hughes. For as long as she can remember, she's been stuck in the shadows of her brothers, an...
17.4K 405 26
Quinn and Mila started dating in 2016 and have lasted 4 years up to 2020 In 2020 they found out life changing news how will they Cope with their new...
35.1K 753 30
time went by too fast
255K 5.9K 64
。°✩ | ˗ˏˋ ☆ ˎˊ˗ | 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" ❝ i love her but she won't forgive me ❞ ❝ i think she will ❞ q...