Woman and Machine II (TFP & P...

By brookyoung1229

It's been eleven years since the Autobots were exiled from earth. Koda Shank has left everyone and gone to Au... More

Prolouge
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
I'm Back!
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Epilogue

Chapter Five

350 15 22
By brookyoung1229

Happy reading guys!!!
Hope your day/night is going well.

Soundwave, Ironhide, Bumblebee, and Ratchet all looked at Optimus nervously, "A what?!" They all asked in unison.

The Prime didn't move from his post, he waited for another sound to be heard. But when there was another growl, it came from further away, "We need to move. Find an isolated room. No vents, nothing,"

"The brig," Ratchet spoke up. Ironhide looked at him with a confused and surprised look, "What? Just because I'm a medic doesn't mean I don't know where things are!"

"Let's move," Ironhide moved to the other side of Optimus, helping him walk faster. Though the Prime did not enjoy the 'help' given. But he didn't argue. Soundwave would have bridged them there but he didn't even know where the brig was. It wasn't even on the schematics for the Xanthium. Which was his primary way to groundbridge places. Like on earth, he would use coordinates to help him bridge to places.

As the group of five bots moved down the halls they noticed Optimus continuously looking behind them and down at Koda. A few times he would stumble, his legs slightly weak from his battle with Tarn. But Ironhide and Ratchet helped him stay steady.

Bumblebee held Koda with utmost care. He didn't want to hurt her in any way. Soundwave was silently observing the woman. His visor lit up a few times, showing her vitals. He wanted to make sure she was okay, Ironhide had taken those I.V's and such out of her earlier. They must've been pretty useful, to help the woman out.

When they reached the brig they were slightly worried, they hadn't seen any other Autobots yet...

But when they opened the door to the brig everyone's weapons went up, Lazarbeak was ready to eject, "WOAH easy! I'm a friend! See? Autobot insignia," The mech pointed to the center of his chest. His servo shaking nervously.

Bumblebee covered Koda with his right servo, hiding her from this bot.

The newcomer had three colors, not the usual two. They were an off white, golden yellow and light orange. He had a battle mask on, his audials were quite..large and somewhat pointed like Optimus'. His bright yellow visor slid up and he took off his battle mask.

"I apologize for the intrusion," Now that the bots heard him clearly, they noticed he had an accent, somewhat like the...british people of earth.

Optimus lowered his blaster slowly, "State your designation."

The newcomer bowed slightly, "I am Chromedome, a nemosurgeon from lower Tetra Hex." He stood straight and held up a servo, the Autobots all watched as Chromedome's digits grew...longer? But they weren't normal digits, they were needles.

Ratchet slowly let go of Optimus and walked over to the newcomer, "Chromedome...I remember seeing you a few times in Tetra Hex."

The mech chuckled, "As do I Ratchet. You have quite the reputation for a field medic."

Optimus stepped forward, Ironhide having to follow, "How did you arrive here?"

"I saw an Autobot distress signal in this solar system, it was faint. I tracked it here to this planet. But on board my ship was an...unwanted passenger. Has it gotten to any of your bots' yet? I deeply apologize for bringing the Spark Eater here. It was not my intention. I must have picked the beast up on Junkion. You know how those guys don't like cleaning..." The nemosurgeon rubbed the back of his helm nervously.

"Don't remind me," Optimus smirked only barely, he recalled the time he almost perished in the smelter on the garbage planet. It was...an experience to say the least. Another growl ran through the halls, the group of Autobots closed the door to the brig. Soundwave thought about ejecting his surveillance drove but knew it would only be killed.

"You're most likely the target, being the Prime," Chromedome stated as he walked to the door. Inspecting it before turning around. His visor slid down and he scanned the bots, hoping that his theory was correct. But when he scanned Bumblebee he noticed a Spark signature similar to that of Optimus', "And who are you?"

Bumblebee backed away and held Koda close to his chassis. The woman groaned, as she was moved. She was most likely in pain, as she had only recently had surgery. A moment her eyes flickered open, a slight glow was radiating from them.

She smiled softly when she saw Bumblebee, "Hey there kiddo."

Bee looked down at Koda and his optics brightened, he made a happy whirl. But his gaze then went back to Chromedome, "Stay back!" Soundwave also took a few steps closer to Bumblebee. He wanted to protect his new friend.

"I mean no harm," Chromedome stated slowly.

At the sound of the unfamiliar voice Koda forced herself upright and held onto one of Bee's digits to keep herself up.

"Amazing..." The nemosurgeon hummed as he saw Koda's eyes. They were the exact same shade as Optimus', and even had a glow.

Koda narrowed her eyes, "Who are you?"

Chromedome's optics widened under his visor, he was not expecting such a strong sounding voice from a human femme. Much less an injured one. He took a small pedestep forward and came face to face with Koda, a small kind smile radiating off of his faceplate, "My designation is Chromedome, I am a nemosurgeon. And I may be the one who brought the Spark Eater here. Apologies for that. I didn't mean to harm anyone. But I am fascinated, miss..."

"Koda," The woman stated, she calmed down slightly at the friendliness of this new bot.

"Miss Koda, as to why you have a Spark signature, similar to that of Optimus Prime's?" Chromedome had now knelt down on his knee plates. His visor slid up, revealing his amber optics. They looked at Koda softly.

"That's classified for now Chromedome, but I'm sure you'll figure it out soon enough," Koda replied with a small smile, the new mech nodded and stood. The woman then looked around at the room she was in, her eyes fell onto Optimus who was being held up by Ironhide. Her heart ached when she saw his legs shaking, they looked ready to give out, "Hey Hide' let Prime have a break..."

The weapons specialist nodded and brought Optimus over to the brig's wall. He helped the Prime sit down, leaning against the wall.

Chromedome watched the interaction curiously. He knew Ironhide was never one to take orders, so to take them from a human femme was impressive. His optics then fell onto Koda again, he inspected her carefully. She looked to be in some pain. But he didn't question it, his audials picked up another sound from the Spark Eater, it was further away, for now...

"We need to kill that Spark Eater," The newcomer stated, his gaze falling onto the door.

"But won't it try to kill you guys?" Koda asked, she'd been informed of what the Spark Eater was by Optimus, through their bond.

"Of course it will, it won't stop at anything to find the brightest Spark. It will kill anybot, no matter what, to get what it wants," Chromedome replied, he slid his battle mask back on and slid down his visor. He turned around and looked at the Autobots in the room, "At no point, can we shoot it. When these things eat another Spark, they become highly explosive. It's either swords or something else. That won't explode it...a sword would be the best option.."

Ironhide sighed, "And the only two bots who have a blade of sorts are Ratchet and Prime. We can't put the medic in harm's way, he's the only one we've got!"

Everyone looked down at Optimus, his venting was hitched slightly.

A slight pat on the servo and Bumblebee carefully set Koda down on the Primes shoulder.

"Hey..." She greeted the blue and red mech softly, "How are you holding up?"

Optimus sighed softly, "I'm tired..."

Koda gently turned her Prime's helm her way, they're optics met, "I know Peterbilt. I know how tired you are. And I know how much you want to rest. Hell you need it! But we have a small fight ahead of us. Before you take a rest, we gotta take the Spark Eater down. Alright?"

Her Prime nodded slowly, which made the woman smile softly. Ratchet walked over, holding a small cup, "I wouldn't advise such a high dosage but, you're going to need it."

Koda looked at the cup nervously, "What is it?"

"It's like when you get an adrenaline rush, but this lasts longer," Ratchet explained and let go of the cup as Optimus grabbed it. Both Ratchet and Koda saw his hesitance.

"I'll be with you the whole time," Koda promised.

With that the Prime drank the substance and jerked slightly. It took a few moments but Optimus rose to his pedes. His battle mask slid on and his brows furrowed. His optics were glowing a bit brighter than normal. Though he was sore the substance that was given to him blocked out most of the pain.

Bumblebee and Chromedome had a slightly shocked look on their faceplates. While Ironhide nodded approvingly. Soundwave remained emotionless to the others but underneath his visor he was smiling proudly.

Carefully the Prime grabbed Koda, he opened his chest plates, a fairly bright glow emitting from it, and helped Koda in. Chromedome was about to advise against it but he caught Ratchet's eye and the medic shook his helm. Which made the newcomer back down. Though he was rather curious, that much exposure to a Spark should harm a human...

"Chromedome, I will require your aid," Optimus rumbled as his chest plates closed.

"O-of course, Sir," The new mech ran up to the Prime. His visor slid back down, the two mechs looked back at Bumblebee, Ironhide, Soundwave and Ratchet, "Continue to attempt contact with the others. If we spot anybot, we'll send them your way."

"Lazarbeak, eject," Soundwave commanded. A second later his surveillance drove left the dark mech's chassis, "Order: Scout ahead, warn Optimus, Chromedome and Koda of danger."

The surveillance drove buzzed sternly, as though accepting the order. He flew over to Optimus and landed on his shoulder, waiting for the door to open.

(he kinda looks like his G1 counterpart, but his tfp colors. Sounds design doesn't change though. Might later on, not sure...)

Ratchet opened the door for the two mechs, drone and Koda, "Be safe, and don't do anything rash," He pointed a digit at the Prime.

Optimus hit his chassis lightly, "She'll keep me in check," He smirked from under his battle mask.

"Damn right I will," Koda chuckled through the bond. Though she was in her Primes chassis, seated comfortably on his very soft and comfortable bench seat. She had dearly missed it. But she also missed seeing his Spark, merged with the Matrix, again. Regardless, Koda would do her best to help her Prime fight this Spark Eater. Even if it was just reassuring the Prime and calming his quickly beating Spark. She had something she wanted to tell him after this whole thing was over though.

Optimus nodded to Chromedome and the door opened, both mechs exited the room and began walking down the hallway.

Laserbeak flew off of the Primes shoulder and began flying down the hallway. As the small bird-like drone flew off a growl echoed through the halls. Optimus revealed his blades, but kept them at his side. Chromedome moved to the side a bit, a bit jumpy from the long sharp blade right beside him.

"So, how do you know so much about the Spark Eaters? Many Cybertronians believed they were myths," Chromedome broke the silence with the quiet question.

"I went through the Cataclysm, during that time many beasts and creatures walked on Cybertron. Though that part of my life is fuzzy, I do recall certain mentions of the Spark Eaters, and during my time as a data clerk I found the creatures to be rather fascinating," Optimus replied in a whisper.

The mech felt like an idiot, "Right, sorry for asking that..."

"It is alright. Though I am curious as to how you know of the Spark Eaters?"

"I have seen many things in my life. When I was searching through one of my patients I saw that he had a friend who was killed by the so-called myths. Thus my interest in them grew, and from then on I began my research on Spark Eaters. It was interrupted by the war. And I was forced to leave Cybertron before it went dark. But when I fled in the escape pod, this Spark Eater must have followed..."

Optimus nodded and the two began their walk in silence again. There were a few more growls here and there but aside from that it was quiet.

Until...

"I need a hero...I'm holding out for a hero til' the end of the night."

Both Chromedome and Optimus looked down at the Primes chassis, the quiet singing emitting from his chassis. The younger mech tilted his helm curiously.

"He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast, and he's gotta be fresh from the fight..."

"Koda?"

The woman nearly jumped as the sweet baritone sounded from around her. It sounded more like a slight laugh than anything, "Sorry, I'll be quiet," She stated, slightly embarrassed.

Though Optimus wasn't angry, far from it, "I've..." His optics looked over to Chromedome, the mech was looking away from him now, but he whispered softly, "...missed that Little Bear."

"What? My random singing?" Koda smirked, but reached out and gently caressed her Prime's spark. A powerful energy flowed through her as she did, her own mixed spark missed feeling the presence of the Primes. However this time, her eyes glowed brighter than they had ever before. She chuckled softly when she felt Optimus shudder a bit, "Ticklish hm?"

"No! I've just...I've...it's nice to have you near me again Koda," The Prime stated, trying to find the right words to say. Koda smiled and lifted herself up, gently kissing the Matrix. Just above where her Primes Spark was.

Meanwhile Laserbeak was flying down the halls of the Xanthium, he turned the corners quickly. Avoiding anything that may be in his way.

As the drone took a right he spotted two bots skipping along the walkway. Singing...?

"Heyyy!" They sang together, "Heyyy!"

Laserbeak flew in front of them, the two bots coming to a halt, "Primus!" Smokescreen yelped. He jumped and fell into Wheeljack's arms. (i...i don't know why i did that...my mind is crazy XD. NOT A SHIP, just a joke)

The surveillance drove floated in front of them silently. Soundwave was trying his best to not laugh at the sigh he just saw. The other mechs in the room were also keeping back their laughter. The dark mech had been projecting what Laserbeak saw and heard.

"Come with me, and you'll live," Laserbeak stated in a very deep voice. It was that of Dreadwings, the former Second in Command of the Decepticons. Who had been deceased for a long time, "Unless you want your Spark to be eaten..."

Smokescreen was now booking it down the hallway, Wheeljack following him. The drone was now zooming ahead of them. As they ran a loud growl echoed from behind them. Which only made the two mechs run faster.

"Book it JACKIE!" Smokescreen shouted.

The screams from down the halls alerted Optimus and Chromedome. They ran down and nearly slammed into the young warrior and older wrecker.

"OP? What are you doing?!" Smokescreen muttered nervously, "And who's the new guy?! And what's behind us?"

"I'm here too Smokie!" Koda grumbled.

Smokescreen scoffed, "Don't see you anywhere Koda, unless your walking about again."

Optimus flinched slightly as Koda banged on his chest plates, from the inside.

His worry for his Autobots took over, "Follow Laserbeak, he will show you where to hide with the others. Chromedome and myself–"

BANG

"Along with Koda, have work to do. Hurry now," Optimus ushered the two mechs down the hallway. They did as told and ran down the halls. As Optimus and Chromedome turned around they saw the floating corpse and firy optics, and splattering Energon moving towards them.

"Hold onto something Little Bear," Optimus spoke swiftly, which worried Koda. They must've found the Spark Eater, or it found them. A shiver ran down her spine, she gently grabbed onto the bench seat more. Ensuring she had a firm grip.

Chromedome's visor lit up for a moment, "It seems to have gotten to some of the high grade on my ship...What's left of its own Spark is located on its back. Well..what's left of it."

Optimus sighed, he saw that pretty much the whole back of this Spark Eater was gone. So his life source was located just behind its neck, where his sharp denta were and its tentacles. He felt his own fear rising, but it was stopped by Koda's reassurance.

Her words from earlier rang in his processor as the Spark Eater got closer, "I'll be with you the whole time,"

"Chromedome," The Prime straightened his posture and raised his blades. His deep baritone voice yielded a commanding tone, which caught the other mech's attention quickly, "Take cover, and remain hidden. Only until I say it is alright to come out."

"Yes Sir!" The nemosurgeon almost squeaked, he took cover behind a nook in the wall.

The Spark Eater let out a low growl. Optimus turned back to the beast. What's left of its optics made contact with the Prime's chassis. Looking at it hungrily, its intake leaking a bright pink Energon, mixed with a bright blue. It's last meal...

Then without any warning the creature sprung at Optimus, making him fall to the ground with a heavy bang. A grunt escaped him as his back hit the floor. His left servo reverted back into his servo and he quickly punched the Spark Eater in the remnants of its helm. The beast was thrown aside and the Prime quickly got back to his pedes. The adrenaline rush still holding strong in his systems.

As he found his pedes Optimus swiftly cut off one of the Spark Eaters tentacles, which had been a mere seven inches from his faceplate. Inside his chassis his Spark was beating rather quickly. Which made sense, he was pushing himself more than he should while injured. Koda did her best to calm it. She gently caressed the bright spark, and somehow managed to make her mixed spark beat with her Primes. The powerful surge ran through her body as she contacted the Spark again.

In the hallway Chromedome remained where he was, but watched Optimus fight the gnarly creature. Its tentacles attempted to hold the Prime but failed. Slashes and bangs were heard throughout the hall. By many of the Autobots. Aries who was with Bulkhead wondered who it was, that was fighting the beast. But she didn't dare move, nor did any of the other hiding Autobots.

As the minutes passed Optimus was beginning to grow tired, the substance he was given, beginning to wear off. The Spark Eater slammed the Prime down onto the ground. He fell face first to the ground. Letting out a pained groan.

Koda felt her Primes pain, "Get up Peterbilt!"

"I'm trying..."

"Try harder! You've gotta take this thing by surprise. I know you're in pain, and it'll be over soon. We just have to take this ugly mess down. Can you do that for me? For the team?"

The woman smiled softly as she felt the Prime shift as he pushed himself to his pedes, "Yes ma'am..." Optimus grunted and shifted his servos into his blades again. They both gleamed in the light of the hallway, Energon from the now injured Spark Eater fell off of them.

Only two of its tentacles remained. Where it's others once were, it was leaking, and the gashes in its side were leaking the mixed energon. Both the Autobot and creature were injured and tired, but not ready to give up till one was offline.

Chromedome wished he was able to do more but with no weapons, aside from a hand held ion blaster, he was useless. He wasn't as strong as the Prime, by far...

His optics widened when he saw Optimus charge at the Spark Eater. The creature launched itself at the Prime but the red and blue mech was quick to dodge the attack and land behind the beast. His left blade reverted back into his servo and he held the Spark Eater, his right blade dug into the broken neck of the beast. The Prime twisted it clockwise and heard a small pop and tore out his blade. The beast's optics flickered and it fell to the ground, hitting it with a great thud.

Optimus stared down at the thing, his optics slightly shocked. His blade retracted and his servo went into a light fist. Before he raised it to his chassis and opened his chest plates. Koda grabbed onto his thumb and pulled herself onto his servo.

"Well..."

Chromedome emerged from his hiding spot and looked at the Spark Eater, inspecting it's limp body, "It's offline, that's for sure."

The nemosurgeon looked up at the Prime who had just closed his chest plates. Koda looked down at Chromedome and mouth "Help"

Quickly the mech rose to his pedes and helped Optimus sit down on the floor. His back relaxed as his legs were allowed to rest.

"I'll be right back, just hang tight," Chromedome explained as he began running down the halls. His frame fading from both Koda and Optimus' view.

"Now you can rest Peterbilt," Koda stated softly, her azure eyes meeting those of her Primes.

A sigh escaped Optimus, "But there's still Tarn."

The woman hugged his chassis the best she could, "Worry about him later."

Optimus nodded, his thumb gently rubbing Koda's back. His digit squishing her legs slightly.

"That hurts you know," Koda smirked.

Her Prime tiled his helm, confused, "What does?"

"You hitting my calves with your thumb."

It took a moment for Optimus to know what she meant. She smiled brightly when the red and blue mech's optics went wide in surprise.

A laugh escaped him, a tired but happy laugh "That's amazing! That is the best thing I've heard in years, Little Bear..."

~~~

YOUR GAL IS BACK WITH THE LONGER CHAPTERSSSSS

You have no idea how happy it made me, seeing the word count being 3679 when I pasted this chapter on here. I wasn't proud of writing the short chapters...but this makes me know I can get back into my groove again.
Also I know the Spark Eater being killed off might have been a bit lame but I'm still figuring out the whole battle scenes when it comes to writing. And Koda can't fully feel everything yet. Her legs have a long way to go, but I just wanted there to be a happy moment at the end of this chapter.

and since when was Run Boy Run - Woodkid such a moving song?!!! ITS AMAZING. Just a strnage boost of motivation!
Anyways, school starts in 30 days O-o

It's anxiety inducing for me. But I'm trying to think of the positives.

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
DON'T FORGET THAT!!!

love ya🩵
-brook

(Thanks for pointing out the mistake with optics and optic last chapter Meadow...I have to stare at that now XD)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401K 10.6K 48
Amanda Beckett liked being left alone. If she was alone, then there would be no one to leave her. Jack Darby just wanted out. Out of the small town...
627 41 4
On a planet known as Cybertronians, beings known as Cybertronians, Intelligent robots that could think and feel inhabited the cities. Split into two...
52K 1.7K 43
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."- Master Oogway --- ~ BOOK 1 OF THE LIGHTBLADE SERIES Fate sometimes leads us to vario...
2.4K 90 26
This is a rewrite of my orginal story Woman and Machine. There are things that I want to fix and patch up. So don't expect things to be the same...