As The Music Dies

By Laughingwolf78

Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his mu... More

1. Alone
2. A Friend of Pinky's
3. Just a Passing Glance
4. No Escape
5. It's a Start
6. The Look
7. Hesitant
8. Understanding
9. Missed Chance
10. Mixed Signals
11. Talking it Through
12. The First
13. Figuring Things Out
14. A quick Stop
15. Unconventional Date
16. Early Mornings
17. Number 1. Fan
18. Closer
19. Flames
20. Refusal
21. Old Friend
22. Force to be Reckoned With
23. It's Been a Long Day
24. Unwanted
25. Rough Night
26. Unease
27. Ex Idiots
28. Underestimated
29. No Holding Back
30. Desire
31. Soft Moments
32. Bad Timing
33. Calming the Storms
34. Relief
35. Missin' You
36. The Hits Keep on Comin'
37. Back
38. Break
39. Surprised
40. Amazing
41. Just Kacchan
42. Double Rescue
43. The Show
44. Too Soon?
45. Heavy Night
46. Breakdowns
47. Pep Talks
48. Unexpected
50. Amazing Musician
51. New Beginnings

49. Socks

3.1K 155 127
By Laughingwolf78

Katsuki's heart is hammering in his chest as he stands there at Mina's door with a twisted feeling in his gut.

Mina finally shakes her surprise moving to the side so her friend can come in.

"Bakubabe, come inside. I still can't believe you're here. Is everyone home?"

Katsuki shakes his head, hands in his pockets.

" No, just me. I needed a break for a few days and needed to talk to Deku. I lost my fucking phone somewhere in the airport so I couldn't even tell him I was coming back."

She smiles a bit nervously.

" Oh well that's good, I mean that you're getting a break not that you lost your phone that totally sucks. So you just canceled a few shows ? I bet Mic blew a gasket huh? You look tired, are you tired? Here let's get you a drink.", she rambles quickly.

Katsuki eyes her raising a brow in confusion. He's way too tired and stressed for this, whatever this is that's happening.

"No. I mean yeah I'm beat as fuck but no to the drink and I don't care what Mic thinks. Did you hear me at the door? You have any idea where Deku is? I checked his apartment and he's not there, it's kinda late and that's not like him."

She takes a breath not meeting his eye as she runs her finger across the title on the kitchen counter to distract herself.

" He's.... he's home", she says quietly

He shakes his head with a deep furrow in his brow.

" No he isn't. I just told you I was there and he's not."

She bites her lip cursing the greenett under her breath for now putting her in this position.

" Not... not that home."

Katsuki is so tired and so distracted by everything that's been happening that it's taking his mind a minute to catch up here.

"Huh? What home then..."

But as soon as he says it it finally sinks in as to what she's saying.

Crimson eyes go wide and there's a deep wave of aching fear that slams into his chest.

" Wait.. what?! Like .. home, home!?"

She nods with a slight smile and a nod.

" Yeah, home, home, to see his mom for a few days."

Katsuki begins to pace nervously, that large hand in his hair again, something he's done so many times tonight he's shocked it's not falling out in clumps.

" When?! When did he decide this?! When did he leave?! I know we haven't talked on the phone much but I've left messages and so has he before I lost my phone tonight and I know damn well he never told me this."

She sees the hurt and fear in his eyes that he was left out of the loop, this is the reason she had wanted Izuku to tell him in the first place.

" It was a last minute decision and he didn't leave till today, in fact only a few hours ago. I drove him. He didn't want to tell you because he knows things are a bit off between you and he didn't want to worry you."

Katsuki lifts tired crimson eyes to look at his friend.

" And this wouldn't make me worry? Him leaving without saying anything when we normally talk about fucking everything. This shit worries me even more.", he says as he sits down on the couch feeling all the emotions of the past days and events twist around him.

She sighs moving to sit next to him.

" I know I understand that but he's not thinking clearly either. He's feeling a bit lost himself. He told me what happened. Kat, are you really sure you don't feel the same as he does? You dropped a tour to come back to talk to him, that speaks pretty strongly, everything you've been doing lately does. I know Sora put you through so much and the thought of love now scares you but I just don't want you to miss an amazing opportunity with someone who deserves to hear you say and feel those words and you deserve to be loved Bakugo and he definitely does in a way that Sora or no one else could because he gets you, gets your personality, gets the career you're in and he gets what you've been through because he's been there, that's so hard to find in this world. Plus, not feeling it and not wanting to say it are two different things. You have to look down deep and figure out if it's that you don't feel the same or you're too scared to say you feel the same.", she tells him gently while she rubs his arm.

He takes a minute to let her words seep into a tired, overworked mind. He's tired, tired from travel, tired from stress, tired from worry, but mostly Katsuki is tired of being afraid.

Raw crimson eyes meet hers with a glassy sheen and just a slight smile.

" I'm scared of so fucking much it's hard to tell one from another but I'm more scared of what will happen if we don't fix this right now. Pinky tell me where he's staying, cause I need to get there."

She smiles with worry.

" Tonight? You look so tired maybe you should get some sleep."

He scoffs with a light laugh and teary eyes.

" I won't be able to sleep till I get to him, you should know that."

After a large cup of coffee and another to go, a kiss on the cheek and a promise he'll be careful he's out the door in his car with a song blasting and a heavy foot on the gas.

As the lyrics hit his mind and swim through his brain he isn't sure if he wants to laugh or cry because he's hit with such a deep feeling of emotion that has him breaking speed limits to get out of the city.

Two hours away a wide awake greenett keeps checking his phone. He texted the blonde several times but he can see Katsuki hasn't even read them and that's causing anxiety to rise.

His mother has already gone to bed after a long day at work so now he's alone with his thoughts. He has the news on in the background as he scrolls through his phone sitting on the couch when suddenly a story on the TV screen catches his full attention.

"In other news the rock band Deep Blue has canceled several shows for the upcoming dates. A statement from the bands manger only reads that the lead singer Katsuki Bakugo, also know by his stage name Dynamite has taken a short leave of absence"

Green eyes go wide and tears appear immediately as panic hits his system that something might be very wrong with his boyfriend.

He leaps from the sofa with the phone in his shakey hand getting ready to make a call when suddenly that call makes it to him instead.

" Mina! I.. I was just going to call you! I just saw the news and they said Kacchan is..."

She cuts him off in a rambling panic.

" Home from work!"

He scrunches his face.

" What?"

She pinches the bridge of her nose.

" You said and I quote, " it's not like I'm leaving and he'll be home from work to find me gone" guess who came home from work!!!!"

Izuku drops the glass in his hand on the carpet spilling his water.

" You.. you mean ..he's he's home?!! Like right now?! Oh my God I.. I have to go I need to get back there!!", he rambles with wide eyes and a heart so loud he's sure it's audible.

" No!!", she snaps making him hault his movements.

" You stay right there Izuku Midoriya cause that very tired, very stressed, very tortured musician is on his way to you. I gave him your mom's address cause I knew you wouldn't mind so you keep that cute butt planted right there and you wait for him to get there and for the love of God you two better work this stuff out before you come home cause you two clueless boys will be the death of me!"

There's tears down his face and a light laugh as he sniffles them back.

" Ok, ok..I'm I'm not going anywhere, I'll wait right outside."

She sighs a bit of relief.

" Good, that's very good."

He chews his lip nervously.

" Is, is he mad?"

" No, I don't think he's mad I think he's a little hurt you didn't tell him you were going but honestly I think he's just more concerned about how you two left things when you confessed you loved him. I'm sure you'll sort it out, just listen to each other."

After a few more minutes of conversation Izuku is outside his mom's small house waiting anxiously. It's after midnight now and the street is quiet as he sits on the front steps.

Every time he sees headlights he jumps to his feet hoping it's the musician. His mind has been racing a mile a minute with thoughts and feelings so much that it's hard to focus on just one.

He closes his eyes lifting his face to the warm night air trying to steady himself when suddenly he hears the roar of an engine he would know anywhere making emerald eyes snap open.

His heart leaps into his throat as he watches Katsuki's beautiful car pull up swiftly parking on the other side of the street.

Izuku doesn't wait a second more in fact he hardly waits for that blonde musician to get out of his car before he jumps up and races across the street doing what his heart tells him to.

As the door opens and the blonde emerges with a name on his tongue the greenett lunges for his arms, wrapping his own tightly around the blonde's shoulders.

As soon as the contact is made Katsuki pulls him in so tight its threatening the air in Izuku's lungs while he buries his face down in the waiters neck and for a moment everything else washes away.

" Deku.", he whispers feeling an ache of what he knows is now undeniable.

The greenett pulls his head back still clung to the blonde as he pulls him down into a kiss not saying a word.

Katsuki immediately melts, large hands going up to hold freckled cheeks as he kisses him back like they haven't seen each other in years, like neither can live unless they do.

Tiredness, stress, worry, confusion, fear leaves both systems while both are flooded with nothing but love and lounging.

Izuku is the first to pull away as he rest his head on Katsuki's breathless.

"Kacchan, I'm.. I'm sorry."

Katsuki raises a brow in confusion as he pulls away hands still on a perfect face while his ring clad thumbs run over damp from tears freckles.

" What? What are you sorry for baby?"

Green eyes look into tired but emotional crimson.

" For coming here without telling you. I didn't want to worry you, everything has been off and I knew you might think the worst like I was coming back for good or something and Kacchan that's not it at all, but Mina is right, I should have told you and I didn't mean to upset you and I'm so happy you're back but so worried about you and I..."

Katsuki moves his large thumb placing it over his rambling boyfriend's lips to stop the nervous chatter. He smirks with a chuckle as he leans down close and whispers.

" You have nothing to be sorry for Deku, calm down. I'm not here because I'm upset about that I'm here because there's things I need to say to you that I knew couldn't wait a minute more. This shit has been eating away at me and in between all my self destructive bullshit I did have some time to figure some shit out."

Izuku nods with a smile and tears.

" Ok. I would really love to hear everything but do you want to sleep first? Kacchan you look so tired."

There's an ache against the blonde's chest that still Izuku worries about him first.

The blonde shakes his head no placing a light kiss on the greenett's forehead.

" No, I need to say all this shit before I lose my mind but I love that you worry about me."

Izuku smiles up at him

" Always will rock star we can stay out here or go inside if you prefer."

Katsuki takes his hand moving to the front of his car for them to sit on the hood.

" Let's stay here so I can do this before I lose my nerve."

Izuku sits beside him holding his hand tightly watching as the blonde takes a deep breath.

" It's ok Kacchan, we'll sort through it all just say whatever you need to best as you can."

Crimson eyes glance over at his ever supportive boyfriend as he smirks with a tired chuckle.

" You know I'm terrible with this I always feel like this shit never comes out right and I'm tired as fuck but I'm going to do my best here. So first, you need to know that when you told me you loved me it caught me off guard and scared the fuck outta me and the reason it scared me so much isn't because I don't feel the same, the reason it scared me is because I do."

Izuku's heart takes off as tears well and run down his face as he forces himself to try and stay quiet so Katsuki can have his say.

The blonde holds his gaze seeing surprise but relief in emerald eyes.
He laughs lightly shifting his eyes to the sky.

" That's probably confusing as fuck and it was for me too but let me explain. Before you I thought I had an idea what love was but after you came into my life everything changed and I realized...", he pauses looking down into wide emerald eyes hanging on every word.

" I realized I never had a damn clue what real love was until you. I didn't know anything, had no idea what real love felt like or what it felt like to love someone. Sora fucked me up so bad and had me so messed up that I somehow thought that was normal, he put this bad image of what love is in my mind that it took awhile to see that it could be fucking amazing. What he and I had wasn't love not even close and probably not ever, I didn't realize that till you. What's scary is as much as that mess with Sora damaged me when it ended I know that how I feel about you is a million times stronger and that if things between us ended it would absolutely fucking destroy me. I never felt what I feel for you about anyone in my life.", he says looking into weepy eyes that hold the moonlight like diamonds.

He takes another deep breath wiping a way a tear from freckles.

" But here's the thing, what we fear we create, and I realized that me being frozen and afraid to say what I feel about you could be the thing that actually takes you away from me and that's just fucking stupid and something I refuse to let happen. Because you're amazing Izuku, perfect even and I'm rough around the edges and maybe bat shit crazy and overly jealous sometimes but I deserve love too and the only one I want to be loved by is you and you... you are the only one I'll ever love, that much I'm fucking sure of."

Izuku burst into tears as the blonde stands up and pulls him to his chest holding him while he calms him down.

" Shh baby, calm down. I'm sorry Deku, sorry it took me this long to say it when I knew I've felt it for awhile, I'm sorry I hurt you that night. Took a minute and I'm being honest when I say that how I feel about you scares the fuck out of me because it's so damn deep but I'm definitely saying it. I love you."

This makes the greenett cry harder as he looks up at the blonde wrapping his arms around his neck.

" I.. I love you too! And you said you aren't good with words?! Kacchan that was.. amazing and I'll tell you something else rock star if you're scared or have cold feet about how we feel about each other and how deep this is then you're just gonna have to get some socks cause I'm not going anywhere and we're going to make this work."

Katsuki breaks into a laugh that echos through the night lighting up Izuku inside.

The blonde leans down whispering against his lips

" Socks. You got it, fucking two pairs if I need to"

Izuku grins.

" Wool ones rock star, cause I love you and you told me you felt the same and now there's no turning back."

Katsuki smiles.

" Nope no turning back", he says kissing that perfect mouth.

When they break for air Izuku links his fingers.

" Come inside you look so tired and we both need some sleep."

Katsuki stops short.

" But your mom, she had no idea I'm even here right? What if she wakes up and freaks the fuck out Deku?"

Izuku laughs as he tugs his boyfriend along.

" First of all I'm grown and she knows that, she's not going to be upset and she wants to meet you anyway. So tomorrow after you get some rest she can. I'm not letting you leave and if you go somewhere I'm going to, we can head back to the city in the morning if you want but tonight you need to sleep next to me cause I'm going to cry if you don't."

Katsuki pulls him back to him by the hand wrapping strong arms around him as he leans down with the first real smile in days.

"Fine, and Deku remember, those eyes, are to pretty to cry"

A/N

Good job Katsuki ♡

Our tale continues for just a couple more chapters♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

594K 13.5K 39
It's shy sheltered Izuku Midoriya's first year of college as a photography student. He's nervous and anxious, but also excited to take on this new ch...
136K 4K 58
♥︎♡♥︎♡ Izuku Midoriya's world comes crumbling down. He's all alone in a world with no one to care for him. He ends up in the streets. When he disap...
415K 12.6K 46
Izuku Midoriya is a 23 year old paramedic in the city. He's attractive, kind, a bit on the quiet side, he's also struggling to break from an emotiona...
21.1K 541 13
Despite a large age gap, Katsuki Bakugou and Izuku Midoriya were extremely close. Their personalities thought to clash, developed to complement each...