SH - Becoming A Pokemon Maste...

AmourshipperFDM által

*Sequel to Sycamore High - Road To The World League* After losing the Kalos League finals yet again, Ash feel... Több

One Shot - Coming Back To You
S2 ~ CH-1 - Where Are You?
S2 ~ CH-2 - The Quest
S2 ~ CH-3 - The Climb
S2 ~ CH-4 - Ruthless
S2 ~ CH-5 - It's Over!
S2 ~ CH-6 - Shocking Surprise
S2 ~ CH - 8 - Feelings
S2 ~ CH-9 - Apologies
S2 ~ CH-10 - Prison
S2 ~ CH-11 - Tearful Reunion
S2 ~ CH-12 - Reconciliation
S2 ~ CH-13 - Fighting Fire with Fire!
S2 ~ CH- 14 Volcanic Panic... V2!
S2 ~ CH-15 - The Mysteries of Dr. Fuji!
S2 ~ CH-16 - Dangerous Waters!
S2 ~ CH-17 - To Kalos!
S2 ~ CH-18 - New Found Ambitions.
S2 ~ CH-19 - Back to Base-ics!
S2 ~ CH-20 - Future Sighted
S2 ~ CH-21 Psychic-Magic!
S2 ~ CH-22 - A New Future!
S2 ~ CH-23 - A Clumsy Encounter!
S2 ~ CH-24 The Meadow of Floaroma Town!
S2 ~ CH-25 - Sparkling Sensation with Familiar Faces!
S2 ~ CH-26 - Dream Disaster!
S2 ~ CH-27 - Thievery
S2 ~ CH-28 - Impenetrable Defenses!
S2 ~ CH-29 Ash vs Gardenia, A Battle of Trickery!
S2 ~ CH-30 - The Spooky Mysteries of Lavender!
S2 ~ CH-31 - Trouble at the Cycling Road
S2 ~ CH-32 - Cacturne's Future, New Alliances!
S2 ~ CH-33 - The Mysteries of Mt. Coronet!
S2 ~ CH-34 - The King vs the Challenger
S2 ~ CH-35 - Battling for Love
S2 ~ CH-36 - Contest Fever!

S2 ~ CH-7 - Caught In Blaine Sight!

675 29 97
AmourshipperFDM által

S2 - Chapter 7 - Caught In Blaine Sight!

Hello everyone and welcome to a new chapter. We go a bit forward in time as our heroes have arrived at Cinnabar Island where Ash will battle Blaine for his third badge.

Also, I wanna let you know that I'll probably be taking a break next week. I've got a lot of personal stuff coming up this upcoming weekend so I don't know if I'm able to write as much. Anyway, enough talk, enjoy!

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Wordcount: 3651

_______________________________________

Narrator: Last time, Ash and Serena reunited and what seemed to he a friendly battle didn't turn out like one with Ash completely losing the plot. Now, a few days later our two heroes are at Cinnabar Island for Ash's third World League gym battle.

The sun was shining brightly and tourists were everywhere. Serena was looking all around, wanting to see everything her eyes fell on. "It's beautiful here. I get why people think it's more of a resort than a gym location." She said smilingly.

"When I first came here, Gary told me that there wasn't a gym here at all." Ash said. He was still socially awkward but things were improving slightly. It was nowhere near his former self but he was getting there.

"Really? How is that possible when it's literally on the map?" Serena asked, confused as she looked at Ash while the two of them walked across the streets in the blazing hot sun. Pikachu was, just as usual riding on Ash's shoulder.

"Blaine, the gym leader had his gym hidden in the volcano." Ash pointed up ahead towards the towering rock formation. "His hotel should be infront of it."

"A gym in a volcano?" Serena repeated. "I've never seen that before. Isn't that dangerous?" She asked, thinking of the possibility that a non-fire type pokemon could fall into the magma.

"Yeah, it is." Ash said, shivering a little as thought back at the time where he almost lost Pikachu. "But with Charizard, I should be able to win." He said, clenching his fist.

Serena nodded. "It must be hot in there." She said, thinking about the location for the battle.

"Yeah, I had burnmarks on my hands the first time I touched the doors inside the volcano." Ash laughed nonchalantly. "But here we are."

Ash stopped infront of a small hotel compared to the other units that they had walked past earlier.

Serena looked at the building, not sure what to make of it. It had its own thing going on which she thought was kinda cute but then again. Not really the ideal place for a gym.

Ash walked up to the door and knocked on it. Immediately, a muffled voice came from the building.

"You can feel me but not see nor touch me. I can warm you and even make you sweat but you can't hear me. What am I?"

"A riddle?" Serena asked Ash in confusion. Ash nodded, pondering over the answer. "This is how Blaine runs things." He said.

"Okay... let's see then." Serena said. "Feel but not see... warmth but has no sound.... I got it!" Serena smiled widely. "You're heat!"

The door opened. A hippie like man appeared from inside the house. He was wearing small, round shaped sunglasses with an orange sweater and blue pants. His hair was light brown and long, reaching his waist. He had a moustache in the same colour. "Correct young lady." The man said, opening the door.

"Now, what can I do for you?" He asked before looking over at Ash, recognising him immediately. "I'm here for a World League gym battle Blaine." Ash said, a cold aura surrounding him.

Blaine smirked. Alright. Let's get to it then." He said, stepping out of the door. "Follow me."

Both Ash and Serena followed him as they went to the back of the hotel. Serena looked around in awe and fell immediately in love with the hot tubs, wanting to experience it after Ash's battle. Blaine placed his hand on one of the statues that was pooring water in the hot tub and the statue sunk a bit down. Then, the ground shook slightly as an opening in the rock formation of the volcano appeared.

Ash had experienced this once before but Serena was in complete awe of what was happening infront of her.

The door opened and the trio plus Pikachu walked further down the stairs. It took a few moments before they reached the set of doors that would lead them to the battlefield. "It's getting hot in here..." Serena commented, ventilating her head with her hand as a few sweatdroplets started forming on her forehead.

"Geo-Geodude!" A Geodude appeared from the rocks. "Can you open the door?" Blaine asked nicely and the Geodude nodded happily, pushing the door open.

Before Serena could ask, Ash spoke up. "The doors are way to hot to touch. I had to experience that first hand." He said, remembering how he burned his hands.

The doors opened and the view on the battlefield was in their eyesight. It was still pretty much the same with a battlefield hanging on four iron chains, right above the lava. However, this time, there was a protective barrier above the lava.

"I see you upgraded the place." Ash commented. Blaine nodded with a small chuckle. "Some boy's Squirtle fell into the lava. He was so angry, he told me that this gym was ridiculous and that he would take legal actions. But in court, they said that if I changed the place around, it would be fine. So if a pokemon that isn't a fire type is in battle and it falls, the barrier comes up to catch it." He explained.

"That's must've been very dangerous." Serena commented, feeling sorry for the poor trainer.

"Well Ash, are you ready?" Blaine asked, turning around to face him. Ash nodded. "Let's get started." Blaine smirked and went over to the other side of the battlefield while Serena kept standing behind Ash as there were no stands in a volcano.

"It will be a four on four. The same rules apply as in a regular gym battle, got it?" Ash nodded again. Blaine smirked and enlarged his first pokeball. "Goo Ninetails, I need you!"

"Nine!" The fire fox flashed into existence.

"Wow!" Serena said in surprise, taking out her rotom phone to scan it.

----

Ninetails, the Fire Fox pokemon. Ninetailes is a very smart and very vengeful pokemon. Grabbing one of its many tails could result in a 1,000-year curse. It is said to live 1,000 years, and each of its tails is loaded with supernatural powers. While it will guide travelers who get lost on a snowy mountain down to the mountain's base, it won't forgive anyone who harms nature.

---

"Scary... but so beautiful..." Serena murmured while putting her phone back in her skirt pocket.

"Feraligatr, come on out!" Ash shouted, releasing the blue water monster. The pokeball flashed open and Feraligatr appeared, dancing as it did.

"Flamethrower Ninetails!" Blaine shouted, immediately throwing his wig next to him on the ground, surprising Serena completely as she hadn't seen that coming and revealing his bald head in the process.

Ninetails cried out and fired off a streak of flames from it's mouth, bellowing as it performed the move.

"Hydro Pump!" Ash shouted. Feraligatr became serious and opened it's mouth, firing off a powerful streak of water.

The moves collided in the middle but much to Ash's surprise, the Flamethrower seemed to hold firm and even pushing back the water slightly. "But how...?" Ash murmured.

"The heat of the lava is powering up fire type moves. I thought you already knew that since last time." Blaine smirked.

Ash gritted his teeth as the moves cancelled each other out. Ninetails started running towards Feraligatr ans Blaine took the opportunity to call out another move. "Zen Headbutt!"

Ninetails' forehead started glowing in a blue colour as the fox pokemon barked, charging head on.

"Keep it away! Use Aqua Tail!"

"Gatooorrrr!" Feraligatr roared as its tail became engulfed by a spiraling whirlpool of water. It then spun around its axis and slammed it down at Ninetails.

Just then, Ninetails dissapeared, causing Ash and Feraligatr to gasp as the attack hit nothing but air and battlefield.

*BAM*

Suddenly Ninetails popped up out of thin air, slamming its blue glowing head onto Feraligatr's jaw. The big jaw pokemon roared in pain, stumbling backwards.

"Don't give in Feraligatr!" Ash shouted, encouraging his pokemon. "Use Hydro Pump again!"

"Zen Headbutt, again!" Blaine shouted.

Feraligatr stabilized itself and opened it's mouth, releasing another streak of water from its mouth. But again, right as the move was about to hit, Ninetails dissapeared in thin air, reappearing right next to Feraligatr before striking hard.

*BAM*

"FERALIGATR!" Ash shouted as the large, tanky pokemon stumbled backwards again.

"Finish this Ninetails, use Solar Beam!" Ash's eyes widened as Blaine shouted out the command.

Ninetails eyes glowed red for a brief moment, absorbing energy. Ash wanted to take this as an opportunity. "Feraligatr, this is our chance! Use Crunch!"

Feraligatr's teeth started glowing brightly as it charged ahead after hearing the command. Ninetails kept absorbing energy and Blaine stayed patient.

"Come on Ash, you can do it!" Serena thought to herself, sweat forming on her face from both the heat and worry.

"Unleash!" Ash gasped as the words left Blaine's mouth. There was no way that it could charge the move that fast right? But then, Ninetails opened it's mouth and released a large beam of white energy. Feraligatr went wide-eyed as the move approached rapidly.

*BOOM*

"Feraligatr!" Ash shouted in worry. Smoke covered the large water dinosaur for a moment but faded moments later, revealing a knocked out Feraligatr.

Ash returned Feraligatr and looked up at Blaine. "How is that possible?" Ge asked, a bit agitated.

"Don't you know your types and abilities boy?" Blaine coldly replied, seeing the way Ash battled and acted was way different than he knew from before. "If you knew, you'd know that Ninetails' ability is Drought."

Ash's eyes widened. "Ofcourse..." He murmured to himself, gritting his teeth in frustration.

"Why don't you bring out your next pokemon?" Blaine asked. Ash took the words in and took out his next pokeball. "If you're fire type moves are boosted, then so are ours!" He shouted. "Time for a debut battle, Typhlosion, I choose you!"

Ash tossed the pokeball forward and the white flash materialised in the evolved form of Quilava. It landed on the battlefield and slowly opened it's eyes. It's eyes met with Ninetails' eyes and Typhlosion immediately let out a loud roar, igniting the flames on its back.

"You can have the first move." Blaine said. Ash smirked, wasting no time to take advantage of that. "Typhlosion, use Quick Attack!"

"Ty!" It roared, getting on all fours and immediately dissapearing, surprising Blaine with its incredible speed. Then, all of a sudden, it reappeared infront of Ninetails and slammed into the fire fox, pushing it backwards.

"Keep up the pressure, Eruption!" Ash commanded. Again, Typhlosion let out a deafening roar as its flames around its neck started growing bigger and they became a lot hotter. Then, suddenly Typhlosion started sending burning hot molten rocks flying up into the sky.

The rocks rained down on Ninetails who had nowhere to move. Its eyes grew wide as the rocks slammed into it.

*BOOM*

Smoke appeared and Ninetails fell to the ground, its eyes swirly. Blaine looked surprised but Ash remained his posture, feeling a surge of confidence coarse through his body.

"Fine." Blaine admitted, taking out his pokeball and returning Ninetails. Then, he grinned wickedly. "I know you've seen this before but I think it's time you meet my friend again. And I must say, losing against your Charizard left a sour taste in its mouth." He said.

"Bring it on then!" Ash stared at Blaine as if je stared into his soul. Blaine put his arms up high. "Come forth-, Magmortar!"

Suddenly the lava shot up from underneath the battlefield. Serena didn't know what she saw but it scared the he crap out of her. Magmortar went above the battlefield and slowly levitated into a battle stance with its feet on the ground.

"I still wonder how only yours can do that..." Ash murmured.

"Magmortar, Fire Blast!" Blaine shouted out loud. Magmortar put its cannon like arms beside each other and blasted a crazy amount of fire from it. Ash gasped as the move grew larger and larger, forming a 大 shape as it moved to Typhlosion.

However, Ash had to counter and he knew how. "Let's fight fire with fire, charge right through it with Flame Wheel!" Ash commanded. Serena gasped and Blaine went wide eyed at hearing the bold command.

Engulfed in fire, Typhlosion took off, running towards the incoming fire type move.

"Ty!" Typhlosion roared, jumping up, hitting the center off the move. But as it thought that it would move easily through, it's eyes grew wide in surprise as the move was far more powerful than expected.

*BOOM*

"Typhlosion!" Ash shouted in worry, seeing his loyal Jotho starter being launched backwards, crashing with its back into the rocky wall of the vulcano.

It dropped down to the ground but the wind was already knocked out of it as soon as it touched the wall.

Ash was surprised to say the least. One move was enough to take out is heavily trained pokemon and Typhlosion surely wasn't one of his weakest.

"Making a bold move like that can be a good thing but you need to have a maximum amount of trust in your pokemon. Thats something I see that you're not in possession of right now."

"Return." Ash said, taking out a pokeball and returning the fire type. Typhlosion became engulfed in a red glow and was sucked back into its pokeball.

Now Ash had to think. He was down to two while Blaine still had three and Magmortar hadn't broken a sweat at all.

He went through the options he had on him now. Sure, he had all of his pokemon with him but he had only four more at hand, counting Pikachu aswell. The others were Pidgeot, Rowlett and Greninja so his next move was the one that would decide a major part of this battle.

Ash took a deep breath. Pidgeot was not an option, not being able to fly much around inside the vulcano. Neither was Rowlett. So that left his final choices to be decided. He looked down to his side. "Ready to battle buddy?" He asked.

"Pika!" Pikachu jumped onto the battlefield, bellowing into a battle stance and ready to face off with Magmortar.

"Start off with Thunderbolt!" Ash took the first move. Pikachu jumped up, slapped his cheeks and emitted sparks from them. Then, it engulfed itself in electricity before sending a crackling streak of electricity towards Magmortar.

"It seems that you're doing the same thing you did in our first ever battle kid." Blaine smirked. The electricity shot rapidly towards Magmortar but then, all of a sudden, a forcefield of magma and hot air blocked it infront of Magmortar, allowing the fire type to take no damage at all.

"Protect..." Ash gritted his teeth. "Fine then. Pikachu, use Quick Attack into Iron Tail!"

Pikachu suddenly dissapeared from the spot and barely moments later flashed up infront of Magmortar with its tail coated in a metallic colour. But then, as it struck, Magmortar dissapeared on sight, causing Pikachu to go wide eyed.

Magmortar reappeared and slammed its cannon like arms down at Pikachu, slamming it into the ground.

"Pikachu!" Ash shouted in worry. "That's some Faint Attack..." He thought.

"Now Magmortar, finish this with Fire Blast!" Blaine commanded, seizing the opportunity that presented itself infront of his very eyes.

"Mag---" Magmortar charged its attack before airing it carefully. "--Mortar!!!" It roared, sending the 大 shaped fire attack flying.

Ash went wide eyed. "Dodge!!" He shouted in fear. Pikachu ducked, pushing its body as much into the hot battlefield as it could as the Fire Blast went over Pikachu, barely scorching some of Pikachu's fur.

Ash sighed in relief, as did Serena who had nothing but surprise on her face. Ash wasn't just losing, he was getting beat hard. It was nothing like she'd ever seen before.

But then Ash noticed something that did make him worry a lot. Smoke was rising from Pikachu's body and a large, brown burnmark was on its back. Pikachu winced in pain as it slowly stood back up.

"Pikachu!" Ash called out his partner's name. "Can you still continue?"

Pikachu looked up at Ash. "Pi-ka..." it grunted with pain but put its thumbs up, indicating that it wasn't willing to give in yet.

"You should call Pikachu back kid." Blaine said, catching the Kanto native by surprise. "It's for its own protection and its your duty as a pokemon trainer." Blaine sounded stern.

Ash's eyed widened with anger. "Never!" Blaine was surprised to hear that and Serena's mouth dropped slightly aswell. "Pikachu said it can still battle no? We vowed to never, ever lose a battle again. We've lost too much and I swear that we'll win this one aswell!" Ash sounded almost scary as the words left his mouth.

"Fine." Blaine replied. "Have it your way then. Magmortar end this with Hyper Beam!"

Magmortar immediately located both its arms beside each other and in an instant, the orange beam shot out of it, crashing into a wide eyed Pikachu moments later, resulting into a massive cloud of smoke.

"Pikachu!" Ash gasped. It took a few moments for the smoke to clear and sure enough, Pikachu was out. Ash walked up onto the battlefield, hanging his head low in defeat as he picked up his partner.

"Sorry Pikachu..." Ash murmured, walking back up to his platform before walking over to Serena.

"Let me take him from you. I'll take care of him." She said, feeling sorry for Ash as she took Pikachu from his hands.

Ash walked back to his platform and was now down to his last. He took out the pokeball and tossed it. "It's all up to you now Greninja!" Ash shouted.

The pokeball flashed open and the Ninja frog took his position onto the battlefield. "Ninja..." Greninja croaked out as it folded its arms while glaring at Magmortar.

"Let's do it immediately Greninja! Were not gonna waste any time!" Ash shouted, raising his arm up high, mimicked by Greninja. Prongs started to spiral around Greninja and formed into a water torrent which all of a sudden shot up high into the air. Blaine looked amazed but then all of a sudden, the torrent exploded, revealing Greninja's normal form.

Both Ash and Serena gasped. Ash and Greninja's special transformation failed and were shocked.

"I don't know what all that was about but it's clear you're not into this battle so let me make it quick." Blaine said. "Faint Attack into Hyper Beam!"

*BOOM*

Boom was all Ash heard and saw when Greninja fell to the ground. His worst nightmare had become reality. He had lost and there was nothing he could do about it anymore.

Ash sunk through his knees with his eyes wide, not believing what had happened. Defeated, he took out his pokeball. "Return Greninja." He murmured as the red light absorbed the knocked out water type.

Ash was lost for words, not knowing what to say or do. Blaine walked up to him with Magmortar in tow. "Here's another riddle kid." He said. "What is important to have when working together. Staying calm in all situations and that is what you're clearly lacking today." Blaine put his wig back on and left. "Come back when you made up your mind." He said before walking out.

Serena ran over to Ash with Pikachu in her hands. She stopped behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder as he was still in a frozen state, unable to comprehend how he could lose so easily.

"Come on Ash." She whispered softly. "Let's bring your pokemon to the pokemon center." Serena said with as much compassion as she could. Slowly, Ash lifted himself from the ground and followed her out.

(---)

Serena gave Ash's pokeballs, including Pikachu to nurse Joy while Ash stood by her side, looking down in depression.

They walked over to a few comfortable looking couches. "Why don't you sit down while I get us a room?" Serena suggested, about to turn away when suddenly Ash's hand grabbed her wrist.

"Don't leave me please..." He croaked out. His eyes were watery and is voice was hoarse, to the point that he could start sobbing any moment.

Serena looked at him with sympathy while she placed her hand on his cheek. "I wouldn't leave you for the world." She said. "I'll be right back."

Ash nodded and looked down, letting go of her hand. As Serena went over to the front desk, Ash pondered to himself. How could he lose? Maybe there was an answer in the riddle he got. The riddle...

Narrator: Ash, confident that he would win the gym battle, lost badly and is now inconsolable. But how could this happen? And more importantly, what is the answer to Blaine's riddle?

Stay tuned...

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

20.3M 752K 89
When she was 14, Dalia was sold to Matteo Martinelli, the former leader of the largest Italian mafia. Flash forward with his son, Vittore Martinelli...
15.4K 1.1K 66
de jongens (Rob, Raoul, Koen en Milo) willen voor een video 1 dag op een kind letten. Ze krijgen reactie van een Wilma het Lam. Haar zoontje Matthyas...
42.9K 644 86
Sophie zit in een hechte vriendengroep met de Bankzitters. Al heeft ze het gevoel dat de band van haar en Matthy toch net wat anders is. Maar is hij...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...