Mind of Steel | Part two | L...

By MayLarie10

~Book Dedication~ Even in hard times, there is still light. That could be a person, a place, a hobby or even... More

Disclaimer
LX
Instagram (103)
Instagram (104)
LXI
Instagram (105)
Instagram (106)
LXII
Instagram (107)
Instagram (108)
LXIII
Instagram (109)
Instagram (110)
LXIV
Instagram (111)
Instagram (112)
LXV
Instagram (113)
Instagram (114)
LXVI
Instagram (115)
Instagram (116)
LXVII
Instagram (117)
Instagram (118)
LXVIII
Instagram (119)
Instagram (120)
LXIX
Instagram (121)
Instagram (122)
LXX
Instagram (123)
Instagram (124)
LXXI
Instagram (125)
Instagram (126)
LXXII
Instagram (127)
Instagram (128)
LXXIII
Instagram (129)
Instagram (130)
LXXIV
Instagram (131)
Instagram (132)
LXXV
Instagram (133)
Instagram (134)
LXXVI
Instagram (135)
Instagram (136)
LXXVII
Instagram (137)
Instagram (138)
LXXVIII
Instagram (139)
Instagram (140)
LXXIX
Instagram (141)
Instagram (142)
LXXX
LXXXI
Instagram (143)
LXXXII
Instagram (144)
LXXXIII
Instagram (145)
Instagram (146)
LXXXIV
Instagram (147)
LXXXV
Instagram (148)
Instagram (149)
LXXXVI
Instagram (150)
Instagram (151)
LXXXVII
Instagram (152)
Instagram (153)
LXXXIX
Instagram (154)
XC
Instagram (155)
XCI
Instagram (156)
XCII
Instagram (157)
XCIII
Instagram (158)
XCIV
Instagram (159)
XCV
Instagram (160)
XCVI
Instagram (161)
XCVII
Instagram (162)
XCVIII
Instagram (163)
XCIX
Instagram (164)
C
Instagram (165)
CI
Instagram (166)
CII
Instagram (167)
CIII
Instagram (168)
CIV
Instagram (169)
CV
Instagram (170)
CVI
Instagram (171)
CVII
Instagram (172)
CVIII
Instagram (173)
Instagram (174)
CIX
Instagram (175)
Instagram (176)
CX
Instagram (177)
Instagram (178)
CXI
Instagram (179)
CXII
Instagram (180)
CXIII
Instagram (181)
Instagram (182)
CXIV
CXVI
CXV
Instagram (183)
Instagram (184)
Instagram (185)
Instagram (186)

LXXXVIII

820 15 0
By MayLarie10

"So what are you supposed to be doing for today?" Cassidy asked as Leah put on her suit.

"Um, win, and don't crash?" Leah repeated and laughed a little bit as Christian just scoffed. "That's what Iz told me, so I'm going with it," Leah laughed as did a heel click while moving toward her car.

"Leah!" Christian warned her and pointed a finger in her direction. She was hit in the shoulder and saw Max walk past her.

"Don't be mean to Christian," Max chuckled as Leah flipped him off.

"I'm a bad bitch, fuck that bitch, bitch get slick, imma cut a bitch," Leah sang as Cassidy and Isabella both looked at each other.

"For fucks sake get in your fucking car," Christian said as she hopped in trying to hide from him as she laughed.

"Let's check your radio, you hear me so far?" Isabella asked. Leah slid her feet near the peddles and put on her seatbelt.

"Yep, yep, you got me?" Leah responded as she waited for them to go. She was on the front row Max of course was in the first spot, Leah in second, Fernando in third, Lewis in Fourth. She sat in her car and waited tapping along to the music in her head.

"Okay, but on a serious note, let's just have a clean race," Isabella explained.

"When do I not have a clean race, Iz?" Leah asked, but there was no response so Leah just closed her visor as the track was cleared. It was silent for a moment but the lights slowly began to turn on. Leah was getting her hands gripped tightly around the steering wheel while she waited for the lights to all go on.

"It's lights out and away we go." Immediately Leah took the lead as she went around the first major corner. Max was coming up by her side.

"I wanna wave," Leah waved a little.

"Focus," Isabella scolded her. She sighed and got back into focus as she maintained the lead.

"Give me the top ten, please?" Leah asked. It was only the first lap still, but Leah wanted to know where the others standing were.

"You, Max, Fernando, George, Lewis, Charles, Carlos, Albon, Lando, and Oscar," Isabella read the names off as Leah nodded along with her words.

"Great, great, great, good for George honestly," Leah acknowledged as Max overtook her. "I retract my wave from early, he's being mean now. Tell Lando I love him."

"And there goes Russel off the track and into the wall, yellow flags are waving and the safety car is coming onto the track. Leah was still at the front Max and her weaving opposite of one another.

"I bet during these times people who don't know what we are doing probably think we look so stupid," Leah laughed to herself as she moved the car back and forth keeping her tires warm.

"You look stupid all the time," Isabella shot back. Leah's mouth stayed open a little as she sat there. "I'm sorry that just slipped out."

"Good god woman! What do you want me to cry myself to sleep or something," Leah laughed lightly. "I'm so shocked I only know how to laugh."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, and you are racing so you can't fall asleep," Isabella reasoned.

"You would bitch at me if I fell asleep anyway, Leah you fell asleep at the wheel are you fucking serious, you could have gotten first. For all the women in the world! Come on do better," Leah sighed. "Sorry," She wiggled her shoulders. "That kind of sounded like my mom. How long until the safety car goes away, I might pit?"

"Box, Box, box, now," Isabella instructed as most of the other drivers had similar ideas. Most of the other teams boxed together as well. Leah came out in front of Max luckily. "Safety car is going away in two more laps, the track corner would be clear."

"Good, good, good, positions still?" Leah asked.

"Same as before, although, hold on," ISabella went silent as Leah waited patiently for her to get back to her. The safety car moved off the track as both Red Bulls took off.

"So Ted, I know you have some thoughts about this whole five-second penalty. do we know the official reason it was given yet?" John asked.

"Unsportsmanlike behavior, although what it looked like was that Norris was slowing down to double stack with Piastri, it didn't look unsportsmanlike to me and he didn't even slow down slower than anyone else," Ted reasons. "Giving Lando Norris an unsportsmanlike penalty is like giving a puppy a smack on the nose for popping at the dog park, It just doesn't make sense."

"Another favorite of his clearly, but I do agree, this penalty is somewhat out of place," John took a sip of his tea as they saw the Red Bulls fight one another near turn four.

"Seems like Max and Leah are trying to decide who is going to be the winner of this race, we are coming up on the last few laps here, so either of them could win at this point. Fernando Alonso seems to have secured his place for the podium as well," Ted explained.

"So Iz, you ever gonna tell me what the situation is?" Leah asked as she blocked Max once more as he tried to overtake her. They went back onto a straight and he was side by side with her. "I wanna flip him off so bad." Max overtook her and she had to let him so they didn't crash into one another. Thechekedered flag was waved in the air making her groan a bit.

"Lando may or may not have a penalty," Isabella explained.

"Wait what?! Lando Norris, for what?" Leah laughed a little. Lando didn't usually get a penalty for anything.

"Um, unsportsmanlike behavior," Isabella sounded confused as she read it off. To be fair she was, Lando wasn't unsportsmanlike.

"This is a joke right?" Leah asked as she got close to Max's back wing, she gave him more space since she didn't want to get bitched at for almost causing a collision after this. "No way the stewards actually gave him that penalty. I mean it's Lando for fucks sake." Leah radioed back.

"Looks like Leah, has a similar reaction to me, I guess, the penalty still doesn't make sense, but here comes Lando making some last-lap moves to try and get himself higher. He's going to receive a five-second penalty which at this moment is going to knock him all the way down to P13, behind his teammate and Pierre Gasly."

"So after this who wants to go to the stewards with me?" Leah asked as she came side to side with Max.

"No, Leah, you can't do that, they already don't like you," Isabella radioed back.

"It's cause they're all old men," Leah whispered to herself.

"You are lucky that wasn't picked up by the radio because I know exactly what you just said," Cassidy chimed in as she shook her head. Isabella didn't know what was said, but Cassidy had a similar mind to Leah.

"Max Verstappen has won the Canadian Grand Prix!" John announced.

"How many consecutive wins has this been for Red Bull?" Ted joked.

"Too many," John laughed. Leah pulled her car up behind the second-place banner and got out. Leah took off her helmet and balaclava showing it in her helmet.

"Congrats," Fernando smiled and she shook his hand.

"You did well today," Leah smiled at him. "All that Taylor Swift Music, you've been listening to," Leah winked as he laughed shoving her a bit.

"Not you too," He shook his head. She moved over to Max opening her arms as he hugged her.

"Sorry, I didn't want to overtake you," Max laughed. Leah narrowed her eyes at him as he laughed.

"Yes, you did, you little liar, you love winning," Leah shook her head as she put her arm around his shoulder.

"I do love winning," Max smiled as he ran his hands through his hair. The two of them walked over to Christian who gave them big hugs. The mechanics patted her back and cheered for her.

"Good job," Christian smiled and then gave Leah another big hug. "The both of you."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Leah smiled and moved back toward the cool-down room with Max. "Time for the Max Verstappen podcast." Leah laughed at him as he shoved her through the doors. Fernando came in soon after them. Each of them sat down and took large gulps of their water as they talked about the race.

---

After the post-race interview, Leah immediately went to find Lando. She knew he would be beating himself up about the interview, but it was stupid, so she hoped he wouldn't be too upset since technically he didn't do anything wrong. She was walking into the Mclaren paddock when she saw Lily and Oscar.

"Hey have either of you seen Lando, he wasn't in the interview stand?" Leah asked as she held the door open for them.

"Um, he should be out with Pippin right now," Oscar added. Lily leaned forward and kissed Leah's cheek.

"Good to see you Lee," Lily smiled at her.

"You too," Leah smiled as she walked behind the couple. They had cameras following them around so Leah decided to photo-bomb whatever he was doing. he was talking to a phone. Most likely a TikTok, but Leah thought it was funny that she was goofy off in the background. A little orange creature caught her attention though. She turned seeing Lando showing Pippin to some fans as they all petted him gently as he crawled across their shoes. Leah smiled and walked over as the girls got excited.

"Oh my god it's Leah," One girl smiled as she reached her hand out for her.

"Wait, where?" Lando asked turning around and smiling at her. "My beautiful wife is here." Before Lando even moved toward her Pippin ran to her first. She knelt down picked up the kitten and put him against her chest as Lando came forward kissing her temple.

"Leah!" The girls yelled. Leah smiled and walked over taking photos and signing the merchandise that Lando signed.

"This is Mclaren, but I'll still sign it, don't tell Horner," Leah joked with them as she took another picture. Lando held her sleeve as he walked with her and several of the fans took photos of the interaction between the two finding it cute.

"We gotta talk about your penalty," Leah smiled and looked at Lando now that she'd gotten to the last fan.

"How about no," Lando rubbed his facial hair as he smiled back at the fans. "I wasn't even five seconds behind."

"I'm not saying you did anything, wrong baby, I wanted to shit-talk some people," Leah laughed as she interlaced their hands. Leah set Pippin down on the ground as he walked around her legs making her tangled up in his leash. "Pip!" Leah laughed as she untangled herself and watched the kitten jump around.

"Let's go shit talk then, my love," Lando kissed her temple smiling at her.

"Do you want to prank Lewis?" Leah asked and then heard the fans laugh as they still recorded. "No one tells him," She pointed at the girls and they did the lip lock and throw the key. "Good, good, good, this is why you are my favorites."

"What are we pranking him with exactly?" Lando asked chuckling a bit.

"Onions," Leah gave him a big smile.

"He doesn't like onions?" Lando questions as the fans agreed with Leah.

"Lando, have you never seen the video?" A girl asked. Leah pulled out her phone quickly finding it on her saved.

"Why is that video saved of Lewis?" Lando pursed his lips and stared at Leah. He was joking, of course, he wasn't actually jealous. maybe a little.

"It's so I remembered to prank him, I had Cassidy get me a bunch of onions and I want to put them in his driver's room," Leah smiled as she slid her arm in his holding him close to her.

"Okay, but that's an irrational fear," Lando pointed out.

"Lando you're scared of fish," Leah pointed out as they waved to the fans before walking back to his private room so he could change.

"Leah, you are scared of butterflies, I don't want to hear it," Lando smiled as Pippin ran around his feet trying to make his trip.

"They eat dead people! It's not irrational," Leah pointed out as he gave him and kissed her cheek. After Lando got changed, they went to Leah's room running into Isabella, Alejandro, Carlos, Cassidy, and Elizabeth. Of course, the others had to help as well. Toto saw the whole group walk toward Lewi's room, but let it slide, he trusted Leah. After they put the onions around the room Leah had Mick grab Lewis so they could video tap it, since Leah was hiding in his closet.

"What did-ahh! No, no, no, no," Lewis laughed as he looked around his room and then covered his hands with his sweatshirt. "Who put these in here!" Lewis yelled back out the door as he realized one was on the doorknob. "For fucks sake." Leah slowly crept out of the closet laughing. "Leah Norris! Get these out of my room!" Lewis laughed at her as he pointed at the onion. "Get it off, get it off. Take them all out now please." Lewis asked nicely Leah held and pinion out in the palm of her hand and he packed up like it was poison.

"What are you a vampire?" Leah laughed at him.

"Garlic is for vampires!" He yelled at her. "Leah, Leah please, please, please!" Lewis laughed through his pain as she stopped getting closer to him.

"Alright, let him out," Leah laughed as she turned off the camera. Lewis just shook his head.

"I hate you all," He pointed at Isabella and Lando as they stood there. Carlos appeared as Alejandro clung to him.

"Merry Christmas!" Carlos announced as Alejandro started clapping which made Lewis laugh. Cassidy came forward with the bag as they grabbed all the onions. After they were done they left the Mercedes garage Toto gave them all a parental look as they left his number one driver alone now. Toto held out his fist and Leah laughed as she gave him a fist bump before leaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 9K 55
It's 2023 and Elodie Carter's second season in F1 begins in her new team, Red Bull. Partnered with back-to-back champion Max Verstappen, she's on the...
20.5K 515 16
ɪʀʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴀʙʟᴇ - ɪᴍᴘᴏꜱꜱɪʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ɪꜰ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇᴅ In the high-stakes world of Formula One racing, Isabella Maria Romero is breaking records an...
98.4K 1.5K 22
ADELINE O'CONNOR has been devastated since the last time she fell in love. Fans, gossips and even in interviews, all hover on the same topic. She's t...
23.5K 753 40
Book 2: Driver Her Insane Series __ F1 AU __ A sequel to Lock-Up. Carlos' decision to leave Ferrari has not been working out well. Ever since the...