As The Music Dies

By Laughingwolf78

Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his mu... More

1. Alone
2. A Friend of Pinky's
3. Just a Passing Glance
4. No Escape
5. It's a Start
6. The Look
7. Hesitant
8. Understanding
9. Missed Chance
10. Mixed Signals
11. Talking it Through
12. The First
13. Figuring Things Out
14. A quick Stop
15. Unconventional Date
16. Early Mornings
17. Number 1. Fan
18. Closer
19. Flames
20. Refusal
21. Old Friend
22. Force to be Reckoned With
23. It's Been a Long Day
24. Unwanted
25. Rough Night
26. Unease
27. Ex Idiots
28. Underestimated
29. No Holding Back
30. Desire
31. Soft Moments
32. Bad Timing
33. Calming the Storms
34. Relief
35. Missin' You
36. The Hits Keep on Comin'
37. Back
38. Break
39. Surprised
40. Amazing
41. Just Kacchan
42. Double Rescue
43. The Show
44. Too Soon?
45. Heavy Night
46. Breakdowns
47. Pep Talks
49. Socks
50. Amazing Musician
51. New Beginnings

48. Unexpected

3.1K 146 80
By Laughingwolf78

Izuku listens to the voice of his mom on the line while he moves around his apartment packing a bag.

" Izuku, are you sure everything is ok? I'm surprised you wanted to come for a visit on such short notice."

He nods as he packs a small bag.

" Yes, everything is fine seriously. I just wanted to get a break from work and stuff and Kacchan is away so I thought it would just be a good time to head home for a quick visit.", he tells her leaving out the part about him feeling sheepish after his confession of love.

Inko is well aware of her son's famous boyfriend, she can't help but be considering her bright boy has chattered on endless about him since they had gotten together often sending her videos of his concerts and links to his songs.

"Ok, that's absolutely fine because honey, this is always home. I will see tonight after I get in from work. Love you."

He smiles at her always loving nature that he knows he inherited right from her.

" Yup. See you tonight!"

He ends the call looking at the device in his hand. It's been two days since he's been back and he and Katsuki have texted but have missed each others calls due to conflicting schedules. Izuku still feels a bit off since his visit with the blonde. He's been struggling with a lingering feeling of embarrassment that he just can't seem to get rid of.

His eyes drift to his boyfriend's contact in his phone. He knows Katsuki is nervous about what happened he can tell and tho he has reassured him that everything is ok he knows he isn't acting like himself either which is only adding the the blonde's worry.

He sighs as he mumbles to himself.

" Ugh this is silly, you need to get over this before it leads to a bigger problem."

He almost types a message but then he hears his apartment door open and the sound of a brightly happy Pinkett.

" Zuzu! You here?!"

He smiles right away making his way out to see her.

" Sure am. Just finishing up packing, thanks for the ride to mom's, I didn't really wanna drive Kacchan's car that far, I'm so afraid I'm going to do someone to break it, it's toooo perfect for that.", he laughs.

She smiles at him.

" You know he wouldn't care right? Like you could go out there and trash it completely and he'd totally be all " I'm sure my baby had a good reason for it extras! Fuck off!", she giggles.

Izuku grins with a light laugh.

" Yeah maybe but I still won't risk it."

She studies him closely seeing he still holds a look of tension in his brow.

" You doing ok sweetie?"

He meets her eye as he sits down on his sofa for a minute.

" Yeah, mostly. I mean I still feel like this is just hanging over us and I know he can sense that I'm not acting normal and I reallllllly want to act normal Mina, I do, this shouldn't still be making me feel so... so.. foolish? I dunno."

She sighs sitting next to him.

" It's only been like two days so it makes sense and him being away without a chance to talk face to face doesn't help."

Izuku nods while he bites his nails feeling his anxiety rise.

" Yes, definitely and with him sleeping most of the day while im at work and then preforming most of the night when I'm asleep isn't helping. We're texting but it's off, I know it is and I hate it. I really do wanna get past this and just move on, hoping a few days home helps just clear my mind."

Mina nods.

" I'm sure it will. What did he say when you told him you would be home for a bit?"

The greenett is silent at this making Mina raise a brow.

" Zu?"

He meets her eye with a nervous sigh.

" Well um.. I.. I have mentioned it."

Both yellow eyed widen slightly at the information.

" Ok, but you're going to right?", she questions.

She watches as he scratches the back of his neck nervously.

" Uh.. well I mean I wasn't really going to."

" What?! Why not?!"

The greenett sighs.

" Because it's going to worry him. I just know it will, he'll get the wrong idea and be upset and then get moody and have a rough time concentrating on his music. I'll still be talking to him it's not like he's going to get home from work and find me gone or anything.", he laughs nervously

Mina scrunches her face into worry.

" Izu, I dunno, I still think you should tell him."

He gets up with his bag over his shoulder giving one of his best friends a hug.

" It's only going to be two days, it'll be fine, I don't want him stressing out for nothing. We should get going."

She sighs following behind him with a feeling of unease, hoping he's right.

Several hours away there's blonde musician who is already stressed the fuck out.

He hasn't been able to think about much else beside what has taken place with Izuku and its been showing in several different ways.

One is his mood. It's been absolutely horrible. He's more edgy and impatient, snapping and yelling at anyone who even looks at him wrong.

He hasn't been sleeping and that is only adding to the mood he's been in.

His drinking has increased, a bad trait he's often fell back on when he feels stressed and doesn't want to think, or a way to pass out cold when sleep refuses to come.

He's definitely been smoking more another bad habit that often takes over when his nerves are shot or he's anxious.

All these things combined just mean Katsuki is becoming self destructive and its starting to effect his music which is what has lead to an unplanned meeting with his manager which is only adding to the mood he's in.

" Katsuki, I just don't understand what's happening. You were definitely not at your best up there on stage last night. I mean, you had no energy, no stage presence whatsoever. You didn't engage with your fans, missed notes while playing the piano, I'm pretty sure you even forgot the lyrics at one point. And let's not forget you smashed your guitar when a string broke while you rambled a full mouthful of loud curses.", Mic says as he paces the room looking over at the blonde.

Katsuki sits in a chair in his hotel room while he listens to the nonsense being spouted at him. The expression on his face looks more bored then concerned as he stares out the window with compete disinterest.

" Katsuki? Are you even listening?!", Mic questions seeing the look on the blonde.

Katsuki turns his attention to him, deep scowl on his face.

" Listen to what? You bitching at me like always? Listen to you worry about only the reputation of the band but not the actual musicians? If you gave a shit first thing out of your mouth should have been asking if I was alright because I wasn't myself. You could give two fucks about that just as long as we're making everyone else happy.", he breathes out low eyes narrow and dark.

Kirishima who's in the room blows out a breath of tension trying to soothe the unease in the room.

" Listen Mic, Bakubro is just dealing with some stress right now and it's knocking him a little off his game out there but I'm sure that once it's all cleared up he'll be just fine. He just needs a little space to ..."

Mic interrupts.

" Stress? What kind of stress?! Does this have to do with that relationship you've gone and gotten yourself into because I told you this kind of thing can be trouble when you're in the life, maybe the two of you should take a break."

The words are barely out of the mangers mouth before a seething blonde with no patience and no sleep is out of his chair ready to throw a punch that Kirishima quickly jumps up to stop.

" Fuck you! You have absolutely no right to say that to me! My personal relationship is none of your business! And the only fucking thing I need a break from is you and all this! In fact you can cancel the show for tonight and tomorrow!", Katsuki yells in the hold of his best friend who's trying to keep him out of jail.

Mic goes wide eyed.

" What?! You.. you can't be serious!"

The blonde yanks himself away from the redhead with burning crimson eyes.

"Look at me and tell me if you think I'm fucking joking. I have never been more serious. One of the things that green-eyed nerd taught me was that I need to make sure I'm alright and step away when I'm not. And I'm definitely not, and neither is he. So you know what? I'm going to take a few days to make sure he and I both are alright. And if you have a problem with that you can do one of two things. Learn to deal with it or fucking quit your damn job."

Mic's mouth hangs open in disbelief.

" Just like that?! You're going to cancel two shows just like that?!"

The blonde walks to his bed snatching his bag from off the floor as he begins to throw his clothes in it.

" Yup, just like that."

" But what am I going to say?! What about the fans who bought tickets?!"

Katsuki scoffs.

" Tell them anything you want. Tell them I'm sick, tell them I'm crazy, tell them the truth, I really don't care but either way it's happening and give them their money back for the tickets and apologize for the fucking inconvenience but I'm doing this."

The band manager raises a brow in disbelief as he watches Katsuki blow past him and head for the door.

" Doing what exactly?!"

The blonde turns around, crimson eyes tired, narrowed but determined.

" To make sure pretty green eyes stop crying."

With that he's out the door before a response can be made.

Kirishima smiles wide even though their band manager is fuming. He pats him on the shoulder as he rushes for the door.

" All good Mic, it'll be fine soon.", he says as he races down the hall to catch the blonde.

" Bro! Wait up man!"

Katsuki turns around with irritated eyes.

" Don't even try to stop me Shitty Hair, I don't give a fuck if he's pissed or not, I don't care about the shows either."

Kiri puts his hands up with a head shake and a grin.

" I ain't stopping you bro not at all. I get it. I'm glad you're going back but what are you gonna say ? Cause I mean if you're just going back to tell him again that you can't say I love you that can wait man."

Katsuki sighs running his hand through his hair.

" I'm not gonna say that. Look I don't really know what the fuck I'm gonna say yet but I know I gotta get back there. This shit between us now, the way it's just laying here, the way I sent him home without me, it's eating me alive. I gotta short this shit out with him.", the blonde explains feeling anxious to get home.

The redhead smiles fist bumping his friend.

" Sounds good bro. Let me know own how it goes and when you'll be back."

Katsuki nods.

" Sorry for dropping the shows like this. I hope you understand."

" Dude, don't even worry about it. I'll explain it to the guys too. Shows aren't any good if the lead singers heart isn't in it."

The blonde gives the best smile he can.

" Thanks, I gotta get to the airport."

He's gone after that leaving his friend to watch with a grin. Katsuki's heart might not be on the music but the redhead knows exactly where it is at.

Six hours later Katsuki is exhausted, frustrated and anxious as he gets out of an Uber and darts walks into his apartment building.

He hasn't slept, had a slight plane delay and managed to be so scattered in thought that he actually left his phone somewhere in the airport.

As he waits for the elevator to get to Izuku's floor all he wants to do is see green eyes and hold that girl waiter close till they both feel better.

His stomach turns with anxiety as the door opens and he makes his way to a familiar apartment door.
He knocks quickly and waits.

Minutes feel like hours and now he's frowning because he hears absolutely no movement behind the door. He knows Izuku isn't working since he has his schedule and he saw his car that he loaned the greenett while he was away was parked outside so he isn't sure what's up.

He sighs taking his keys out that he and Izuku had exchanged and puts the key in the lock.

The blonde takes a step in slowly.

" Deku? Guess who's home? You here baby? Please tell me your here.", he says walking in looking around.

After checking every room it's pretty clear Izuku isn't home and he has no idea where he could be at ten pm at night, but he has an idea who might know.

Mina is just getting ready to climb into bed when there's a heavy knock at her door.

She raises both brows as she heads to it wondering who's there so late.

As soon as she opens it her heart jumps into her throat.

"Bakubabe?! What are you doing home?!"

Only two words are spoken.

" Where's Deku?"

A/N

Humm 😬

Our tale continues.

I send love, always

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.2K 39
RANK #1 IN BAKUDEKU ON 12.4.22 🍓 Izuku Midoriya is just a useless kid without a quirk. Bakugo Katsuki is a ticking time bomb aiming for the top. W...
14.4K 891 7
Izuku Midoriya has always been on the shy quiet side. The smart and attractive 22 year old is an artist right out of art school who is looking for so...
454K 10.9K 60
Katsuki and Izuku were childhood bestfriends ,that friendship started to morph into something deeper as the two reached their late teens. But when Iz...
302K 12.2K 49
Prince Katsuki Bakugo is everything you would think an alpha prince should be. He's good looking, strong, smart. He has wealth and is heir to the thr...