nemesis - edmund pevensie ΒΉ

By narniasprophecy

"I hate you edmund pevensie!" "well, I assume we're even then." .... ever since danialla bridge castillanos b... More

characters
prologue
1.0 foes
2.0 giudizio
3.0 natalis
4.0 retention
5.0 miscellany
6.0 prΓ©cis
7.0 throes
8.0 sperduto
9.0 propositus
10.0 puer
11.0 strife
12.0 recapitulate
13.0 paciscor
15.0 inopinatus
16.0 sanatio
17.0 metania
18.0 azzurro
19.0 initium finis
20.0 lux
21.0 rachamecha
22.0 basio

14.0 nuptiae

83 2 20
By narniasprophecy

chapter is dedicated to DisneyxLovey
means in latin: wedding

    Adjusting to the new ways in Danialla's life was hard. She was still -even six months later- struggling with her mother's loss. Although, living with the Beaver's for a while had helped.

    But that didn't matter that beautiful day, as Peter and meriel were getting married. Danialla was a bridesmaid once again; she was wearing a fancy dress. She wore a golden dress that went just to the floor, and had bare shoulders. It was golden all around the dress. It was as tradition to the High King to have red and gold as their wedding day colors. Luckily, Peter and meriel didn't mind.

    meriel wished for her bridesmaids to have their hair down with a braided headband. So one of the maids was busy helping Danialla to do just that. It was a newer maid from Archenland, as she had fled from her father who was abusing her. As Peter and meriel confirmed, they let the young girl be a maid. Her name was Caka. She was only sixteen years old).

    "Am I doing it too tight, Dana?" she asked when she noticed the girl wince.

    Danialla looked down at how tight the dress was. She shook her head, seeing that she was not going to show her posture in the body shape. She was struggling with her body view. She ate little anymore and she wore tighter dresses. Even though the bridesmaid dress was tight, she still wanted to go through the pain so people wouldn't see her shapes.

    "No, it fits perfectly, Caka. Not too tight. Thank you." Danialla responded. Caka looked at the young girl in the mirror and realised the girl was squinting a little. Caka gently loosened it and tied it. The girl had gone through the same as Danialla.

    Danialla smiled at the girl as the dress was finally tightened, "Thank you."

    "Should I do your hair next, Dana?"

    Danialla nodded, "Yes. I'm sure you know the hairstyle meriel and King Peter wish for?"

    Caka nodded as the two went over to the vanity mirror. Caka pulled Danialla's messy bun out. She started to flow the hair around to get volume.

    "You have beautiful hair, Dana."

    Danialla thanked the girl and they got on with a conversation about the kings and queens. Both enjoyed the conversation as Caka was in the process of a beautiful braided headband. A knock came from the door. Danialla was borrowing one of the guests' rooms just a stair below the royals.

    "Come in!" Danialla called out. Edmund walked in and went over to the bed and fell on top of it.

    Danialla looked at Edmund oddly through the mirror and Caka looked at the Just King. "What is wrong, My Majesty?"

"Peter is driving me insane!" he complained as he put his hands over his eyes. Danialla chuckled. She knew that Peter would be freaking out, meriel was also in her room, getting ready with Susan.

"Is the poor little child annoyed by his big brother?" Danialla stuck her lip out, mocking Edmund horribly.

    Edmund glared at Danialla and saw the girl's chuckle from the mirror. "Where is Susan? I thought the girls were getting ready in here."

    Danialla nodded. "They were, I'm just the last one, I shouldn't be much longer. The girls are up in Su's room."

    Edmund nodded and got up. He walked out of the room with a groan. He didn't want to admit it, but the dress was stunning on the girl from what he had seen. And thanks to Peter and meriel, she was the one that he had to walk down the aisle with. They had the same golden color tie/dress.

    Edmund and Danialla knew that it was a matchmaking to get the two to get along that day, as they would have to be spending the whole thing together. Neither was looking forward to the long hours of that day.

They both had agreed that they'd not yell or argue at each other while Peter and meriel was in sight. To say the least, they both had agreed on something truly for a few months.

The warm day in the summer was perfect weather for both the merfolk and faes to watch the wedding. The wedding was going to be outside, of course. Danialla looked down at the bracelet that Derek had given her for her seventeenth birthday. It was simple and had a beautiful leaf crescent on it. The girl had fallen in love with it.

As soon as Caka had finished the girl's hair, she squealed a little bit. The hair was stunning on the girl. "It's finished! Let's see the final product!"

Danialla stood up and looked at herself in a full body mirror. She looked at herself and realized that she did look beautiful. She looked down at the heels that she had to wear that night and she groaned. She had tried to wear heels once, it was difficult to say the least.

She picked up the heels and looked at Caka, "Guess we should go visit the future Queen of Narnia, should we not?"

Caka smiled and nodded. "Of course, Dana."

⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄

The wedding soon started, the men waited outside for the women. The girls quickly came. It was Dyson, Edmund, and Al waiting for them. The girls were nairobi (a friend of meriel's), Danialla, and Susan. It was interesting to say the least. All of the girls wore a different colored gold and the men matched. meriel was behind the girls. Her dress was a beautiful royal red. The train hit the floor and lasted for a yard. The best of all was that Aslan was there. He gave all of the girls a gentle smile and kind eyes. None of them had seen the Great Lion since the coordination.

meriel looked stunning in her dress, her hair was back in a curled hairstyle with shells and some other things in her hair. She looked stunning. All of the men looked at the women in ah. Although everyone's eyes were on meriel, there was one particular person staring at the beauty of Danialla. (Now, we all know who that one person would be, but for now let's just pretend that we do not know.)

"You look stunning, meriel." the Great Lion told the future Queen Consort of Narnia.

"Thank you, my liege." she told Aslan. He closed his eyes gently with kindness.

    A horn went off, signaling it was time for the wedding. "Now, shall we not start the wedding?" Dyson asked with glee.

    nairobi and Dyson went in front, Edmund and Danialla followed, then Al and Susan followed. As meriel's father was a mermaid, their original region is to stay in the water. Although, he would be meeting the girl later before walking down. As they would be going down a dock and her father beside her in the water.

    Edmund went over to the girl's ear. "You look absolutely disgusting." Even his voice seemed to make a disgusting voice.

    Danialla rolled her eyes, "Of course you would say that. You don't look shabby yourself in that robe." she whispered back.

    The two gave each other a little nudge before walking towards the front. When they had reached the front of the audience (most of Narnia, kings, queens, duchesses, duchess of Archenland and Calormen), it was just a few seconds before everyone had to stand up for Meriel to walk down.

    She had looked beautiful, Narnia doesn't wear white dresses in weddings, actually it's very rare to have a bride wearing one, but the color is what best represents themselves. meriel and Peter in this case, red. Her hair was flown down with shells and jewels. Her natural black hair had helped the shell hair extensions. The dress had a beautiful train in the back.

    Out of happiness, Danialla smiled. Over the coures of the months, her and meriel had gotten close. With Danialla now being a full time worker at the castle, she'd be the maid for her dear friend occasionally. The two were closer than Susan and meriel.

Edmund had noticed the young faun smiling. It was really one of the only times that she has smiled since her mother passed away. Many Narnians that knew Danialla had known that it was hard on her with her mother's passing. Edmund decided to not make fun of the smile, as it was one of few he's seen.

He looked back at the bride and his brother getting vowed from Aslan.

Things in Narnia were different from what they are in our world. The weddings start with the bride coming down the aisle. If they are royalty, it would be Aslan, if it would be just a townsfolk, it would be the grandfather of the bride. The vows were different. The one who was marrying the couple would have a speech about the two, then the two would say their own speech, they'd be married. The reception would have many people, of course. Food, games, and speeches for anyone would be allowed. It was a tradition for the father to have one last dance with the bride. It would always be the A Narnia Lullaby performed by a faun who was close to the bride, It meant the final love to a daughter from a father. At the end of the long day, the newlyweds would walk into their new home (or in a royal case, a getaway cabin).

When Aslan started, people gleamed over to their Mighty Lion. "Many people in the royal house over generations never found someone that they truly loved, until now. High King Peter, the Magnificent, and meriel Emerald have found that special love. High King Peter has been one of the most noblest kings that I've ever encountered and has been one of the youngest. He cares for all of Narnia and other conjoining countries. Most of all, he has found his own love, one that will love him to the very last breath; meriel Emerald. A most caring woman. A merfairy, a very rare one indeed. To her, that doesn't change her love for High King Peter, or anyone else in her world. These two had found love in the most expected but unexpected times. Through a Selection and through finding each other at one's hardest time. These two share a modest and mature love. A love that many Narnians have found when they find one another. A love that is indescribable; even to my words I cannot describe."

For the whole thing, Peter and meriel stared at each other with the greatest smile that anyone's ever seen the High King produce. "meriel, the girl that I was told about from my sister. A name that seemed to attach to me right away, and when I met you on that shoreline, watching you transfer into a mermaid, it was the most magical thing that I've ever seen in my life. I can promise you that I've seen many magical things since I've entered a world that has changed my whole entire life. I knew that you were the one when I met you, but I had to keep with the Selection. You, meriel, are the most beautiful person, the most strong-willed person, the person that gives me the best memories. You are afraid of almost anything. You will fight with a sword, a bow, and even a dagger and manage to still be the perfect person. A mermaid that I've shared my first kisses with underwater. A fae, going to the highest peak in all of Narnia so then I can see what parts of your own life consisted of. You know how to make the best laughs, the craziest dance moves. Every single day, I fall more and more in love with you. I am more than ready to share my lifetime with you and bare children."

At this time, the ones that were closest with the couple were teary eyed. meriel even had a few specks here and there. She carefully let out a joyful chuckle. "Sorry," she said as she dabbed her eyes. She looked at Peter. "Peter John Pevensie. A High King of the most wonderful country to ever exist. The man that I, without a doubt, had fallen in love with. I never imagined that I would even be in the Selection, much less fall in love with the man in it, but somewhere down the line I had. That alone makes me the happiest merfairy alive. I am proud to be able to be your wife and help rule Narnia with you and your siblings. I love you."

And just with that, they were proclaimed as High King and Mrs. Peter Pevensie. All of Narnia, the Dukes and Duchesses, Kings and Queens, Princes and Princesses, and Lords of Narnia and other countries clapped for the new stage of the Golden Age. It was Peter and meriel's day and they were very much aware. For Danialla it was such a beautiful sight. Even though she never really has wanted to date before, seeing it in her closest friends is all it takes for her to fall in love with the idea. Not for her, but to have the hope that her friends will all get that experience.

Danialla's face was just in a daze that she hadn't realized that Edmund was looking at her in wonder. He wondered what the girl was thinking about.

⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄

    The reception had started. The chatter of people grew by the second. When Peter and meriel had walked in, the whole entire beach was filled with cheers, claps, and whistles. Danialla stood by Al as the couple walked in. She clapped and beamed, as many others were. The other Pevensie siblings were standing beside the table, clapping. Peter smiled at his wife and dipped her, giving her a passionate kiss on the lips. When they let go, he whispered something in her ear that made the girl blush madly. Danialla looked at Al and excused herself to go sit at the table the married couple were going to sit at. When everyone was at the table except for the couple, they started to walk down the crowd of people. As the couple sat down, everyone else sat down also. Danialla was between Edmund and Susan. Edmund on her right and Susan on the left. Edmund leaned against the girl's ear. "I guess it's not too horrible." Danialla was half tempted to slap him or kick him under the table, but instead she just gave him a glare. He chuckled as he saw the glare.

    Danialla gave him a look, "What's so funny, Pevensie?"

    He looked at her and chuckled again. "You're just a tad cute when you glare. Which is the only time when you seem to be." He motioned his fingers to the amount of what tad looked like.

    Danialla rolled her eyes. "I'm not in the mood for your attitude, Edmund." Her smile suddenly disappears from her face. She looked up to nauvera. Edmund must've noticed this. He quickly looked down.

    "Just remembered about him, didn't you?" Edmund asked. Danialla sighed and looked back at Edmund.

    "Yeah. Brings back memories from vera and his wedding."

    Edmund decided to try to lighten the mood. "Remember when you saved my arse? At the wedding?"

    Danialla chuckled slightly. "Worst mistake ever." she replied, thinking about the nickname he had given her during the rescue. Edmund smiled.

    "It was quite funny, if I remember. You were groaning because I started to call you Bridge."

    Danialla looked up at him and smiled. "Still the worst nickname I've ever had, Horris."

    "Shut it. I hate my middle name-" the Just King groaned. Danialla started to laugh. The two didn't realise that it was time for them to get their own food until Susan touched her brother to tell him. The two teenagers stood up and at the corner of her eye, Danialla could see Susan smirking.

    She shook it off and picked up her plate. As the two teenagers were waiting for food in the line, they spoke. They both realised to tolerate each other and doing so, shared many laughs. As Edmund went to get some wine, Susan went up to the boy's ear.

    "Is my eyes bugging me or am I seeing my brother and best friend enjoying one another's company?"

    Edmund looked at his sister and dazed his eyes on the Castellanos girl. "Oh, you know, it's a tradition that when someone we both know gets married, we give the couple a gift of tolerating and pretending to be nice to one another for that day."

    Susan smirked. "Whatever you say brother," she walked back and caught up to Danialla.

    Edmund knew that his sister was figuring out the puzzle pieces of his puzzle. The puzzle of his feelings. Edmund hadn't even realised that he was staring at her that long until Lord Darrin of Archenland got the young boy's attention.

    "King Edmund? Are you in need of some Ettinsmoor wine?" he asked the young king. Edmund looked over at the lord.

    "My apologies, Lord Darrin. Yes, I would like a bottle please. Planning to make a speech for our newlyweds soon."

    Lord Darrin bowed and nodded. "Of course, King Edmund," Edmund thanked him and went back to his designated seat, beside Danialla. Although he was going to tell her something, she was talking with Susan about how the servants decorated such a beautiful structure for the wedding. Edmund even had to agree internally, it was beautiful. The poles holding the shells and small decorations. Fabric was royal red and golden. The scenario of the ocean was beautiful. The ocean splashing against the sand while young children laughed and enjoyed the water. Edmund smiled to himself as he saw a little boy faun and little girl dryad playing around. The boy fell into the water as the dryad laughed. Both of them were enjoying each other. Edmund missed playing around the area

    Edmund's attention grew away from the children when heard his eldest sister stand up. She looked over at a guard to have him get everyone's attention. As he let out a word to have everyone silent down. Susan smiled. "We are all here for the new age for my eldest brother, Peter, and his wife, meriel. We are here to share their special day with them, to celebrate their new lives coming to place. The High King, also known as one of my idiotic brothers among the family," everyone let out a chuckle, "has found something that I've been wishing to have since I can remember. If there's one thing that I will always want to remember from before my siblings and I came into Narnia, was the love my father, Jonathan, and my mother, Helen, shared. They were only sixteen when they fell in love and married at eighteen. My brother, High King Peter the Magnificent of Narnia, Emperor of the Lone Islands, Lord of Cair Paravel, Knight of the Most Noble Order of Aslan, and Sir Peter Wolf's-Bane fell in love and married. I see the parallels of him and meriel and my parents. The love that is shared. I love you Pete, love you eriel. Thank you for making each other happy."

    Everyone clapped as Peter got up and gave his sister a kiss on the cheek. Grinning and saying something softly in her ear. Edmund stood up and smiled. "Now, I'm not the guy that loves these kinds of things, but I do have a few things to say. First off, thank you meriel for dealing with my idiotic brother and are willing to put your life that you only knew to be with him and help rule Narnia. Peter, you got extremely lucky to find a girl that makes you so happy. It's not something that I've ever thought of, but I know many boys back in Finchley hadn't found.'' he took a long pause. "You know, just a little earlier I saw a dryad and a faun playing near the water. To me, that was something that reminded me of how different we may be with our one, it won't matter. Not to them. Their love will be long lasted, the genes are just something we are identified as, but not personally."

    Danialla watched the boy's facial expression. It was all sincere, not falsifying the emotions. He was genuinely happy at that moment as he spoke about the young children. She knew that Edmund had always wanted to have children one day, thinking about the months prior when everything was alright. Edmund sat down and noticed that the girl was watching him. He smiled just enough that only she could pick it up. It was her time to make up the speech.

    She stood up and looked at the crowd. "I'm not big on giving speeches, so this should be decently small.'' She looked at nauvera. She was smiling at her with Koa at her hip. "I've experienced my friends, my brother, and my parents fall in love. Even though I never saw the journey of my parents at the beginning, I always knew their story, I knew how they always seemed to fall over again in love every single day. I saw my brother fall in love with a fae, which is now part of my own family and allowed me to become an aunt to a special little boy. Now, how I've seen Peter and meriel fall in love. Their journey that I helped start. I remember how Peter was such a chicken to even go out on the beach and talk to meriel until I literally shoved him out of the castle. I'm happy to be announced as their biggest fan."

    She went over to meriel and gave the girl a hug and placed her hand on Peter's shoulder for a second before she placed back into her seat. Danialla then started to get into her food.

⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄
21 days later and a new chapter?! Never heard such a thing! I know it's short, but the feelings are developed more in this chapter. Til next time...
narniasprophecy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 6.2K 45
π‘πˆπ†π‡π“π„πŽπ”π’ ━━━━━━━ Narnias people needed saviours, and instead they got a ragtag group of siblings, who can't seem to cooperate with each...
11.2K 546 38
"How do you keep floating when you feel like sinking?" "If your heart feels heavy, you'd sink. Otherwise, you'd float." ***** [SEQUEL TO THE OFFSPRIN...
112K 2.1K 25
When the Pevensies return to Finchley they don't know how they'll cope without Narnia . That is until they bump into Arabella Greene a girl with a br...
164K 3.3K 30
A Reader X Edmund Pevensie FanFic starting in the setting of the film Prince Caspian. This will be an ongoing series! I am open to suggestions and re...