Courting

By fayes534

*NOT MY ART* This story follows Neteyam and Ao'nung in their meeting in the movie (nothing else is canon). A... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Lo'ak and Tsireya)
Chapter 15 (Lo'ak and Tsireya pt.2)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
A/N
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 *smut*
A/N
Chapter 34
A/N bc i can
Writing Update?
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
A/N
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Lo'ak and Tsireya)
Chapter 45
CONCLUSION - PLEASE READ
New story!
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Chapter 39

453 18 6
By fayes534

I'm sorry if this isn't great quality, but I was really anxious to get it out to everyone, because I feel bad for making y'all wait. To those who are bookshelving this story to read/reread when it's done, mark your calendars because I reckon it's coming up in the next month or two.

It took Neteyam a minute to find his brother, but the singular figure standing at the edge of their marui village. He walked over slowly, so Lo'ak wouldn't hear him and leave before he could talk. Coming up behind his brother, he said quietly

"Lo'ak..."

Lo'ak immediately seized and stood completely still.

"I don't want to talk to you." Lo'ak's voice was very low, a little shaky. Neteyam sighed.

"I know. Lo'ak, I'm..." Neteyam didn't even know how to say how sorry he was. "I feel awful. I had no idea she would react like that, I promise! I really just wanted to help-"

"But you didn't, did you?" Lo'ak turned around now. Neteyam stuttered, and Lo'ak stared into his eyes, his own tearing up. "You pushed me into talking about it, when i said it wouldn't go well," Lo'ak seethed.

Suddenly, Neteyam was annoyed. No, he was furious. How on earth was Tsireya's reaction his fault? A voice that seemed to be in league with Ao'nung was suddenly very loud in his head.

"Well far be it for me to want what's best for you," Neteyam shot back. "My mistake."

Lo'ak looked surprised for a second by the response.

"Is this what's best for me?" Lo'ak asked, crossing his arms.

"Is it any worse than the amount of stress you were under before?" Neteyam pointed out.

Lo'ak pointed at him furiously. "I knew what would happen if I mentioned it, so why the fuck did you make me?"

Now Neteyam had had enough. "Make you? I didn't make you do anything. All I did was offer support and suggestions of what I thought was best. Next time, don't listen, but if you're going to ask for my help, I don't want to be blamed when I couldn't predict the reaction of a different person you know better than I do!" Neteyam yelled, turning away now.

"Where the hell are you going? You came over to me!" Lo'ak yelled at him.

"I wasn't aware when you lost your girlfriend she took custody of your braincells too," Neteyam said over his shoulder and stalked off, fighting back tears. Ao'nung was right, Lo'ak was not in a talking state. Still not completely sure he didn't blame himself, Neteyam kept walking. He also didn't know where he was going.

Lo'ak POV

That night, tensions were high in the Sully marui as they settled down for the night. Neteyam and Lo'ak were both pointedly not looking at the other, while also trying to catch each other's eyes. Once the last lights were extinguished and Tuk's babbling had quietened down, replace by her steady breathing and their father's snoring. The waves were interrupted further by the sound of quiet sniffing in the opposite corner of the marui, across from Lo'ak. He prepared to turn over, full ready to ignore it. However, the sound of a stifled sob prevented him from doing so. Instead, Lo'ak lay on his back staring at the woven ceiling, deep in thought. 

While Lo'ak really did try his best to not let what Neteyam said break his resolve to blame his brother, he couldn't stop himself from reading into the words. 

Is it any  worse than the amount of stress you were under before?

To be honest, not that Lo'ak planned to be any time soon, especially with Neteyam, he was under less stress now. While he was incredibly hurt over Tsireya's reaction, Lo'ak had to be honest; he was less worried if anything now. 

No, worried wasn't the right word. He was definitely very worried, however there was less of a weight on his shoulders. At least now, he knew what Tsireya thought of his predicament, even though it was less savoury of a reaction than he had hoped. Thinking further, Lo'ak supposed  that would make it easier to figure out a solution; because he would solve this. The first step would probably involve talking to Tsireya, which, unfortunately, he wasn't stellar at. Now that he thought about it, he had to admit that the ending was not Neteyam's fault. It seemed stupid now; being mad at his brother for something he couldn't change. 

Grumbling to himself, Lo'ak rolled over finally, now that the sniffing had died down from his brother's corner. Annoyed at himself for not being able to stay mad longer, Lo'ak managed to fall asleep relatively quickly. 

The next morning, Lo'ak was up earlier than usual; first light was still stretching across the horizon, lighting the water in the distance to molten gold, stretching a light blue blanket into the pool of navy above. Lo'ak moved his gaze across the marui to find Kiri sitting up, weaving something together at the edge of the room, humming to herself. Naturally, Neteyam was already up and standing at the doorway, gazing dramatically over the beach. Lo'ak thought about the next course of action. He decided to casually walk behind Neteyam and pretend to be interested in the light spreading across the sunrise. He didn't want Neteyam to think he was forgiven immediately; because while Lo'ak might not be able to actually hold on to anger for that long, he could definitely let Neteyam think he was, if only out of spite. 

Neteyam started slightly, probably sensing Lo'ak behind him. He didn't turn, and Lo'ak didn't speak, but there was a silent solace in the shared presence of the two. After a time, Neteyam was positively radiating with nervous tension, and Lo'ak turned away to prepare for the day.

In the afternoon, Lo'ak sought out Ao'nung. While it was definitely a risk to seek the person Neteyam or Tsireya would most likely be around, Lo'ak decided to risk it. He needed another opinion.

Finding the chief's son along a walkway reaching over the waves lapping a rocky outcropping, Lo'ak grabbed Ao'nung's arm as he passed. He hissed quietly as Lo'ak touched him, as if his skin was ice.  When he saw who it was, his face softened, if only slightly. 

"What do you want skxawng?" Ao'nung rolled his eyes. 

"I'm so glad we can come up with pet name for each other," Lo'ak started, unable to help himself. "I found the perfect one for you, dic-" Lo'ak was cut off by Ao'nung's eyes widening and an arm pushing him aside. "Hey I'm talk-" 

"Neteyam," Ao'nung called out, looking over Lo'ak's shoulder. Lo'ak hesitated, then turned around. His brother was rounding the corner, a smile quickly fading from his face. Lo'ak went to say something, though he wasn't sure what, when Neteyam spoke first. 

"Oh, I'll see you in a minute Ao'nung, I just have to speak.. to..." Neteyam trailed off before turning around and walking quickly back the other way. Lo'ak sighed dejectedly. He really needed to sort out what he would say to Neteyam if he was going to forgive him sometime soon. 

"So, what did you want?" Ao'nung asked again, purposely avoiding calling Lo'ak anything again. 

"You're Tsireya's brother, right?" Lo'ak began walking, indicating Ao'nung should do the same alongside him. The other boy did, but clearly with much reluctance. 

"Well spotted. Judging by your incredible awareness of that situation, one might wonder why you are talking to me, especially since your brother has been-" this time Lo'ak cut Ao'nung off.

"Right, so, what's she thinking?" Lo'ak asked hurriedly. Ao'nung blinked slightly.

"If you think I'm going to blurt all my sister's feelings just because you asked, without a please might I add, then you need to go back to the forest and find the rest of your common sense, skxawng," Ao'nung added, seemingly not able to help himself this time. Lo'ak pleaded again. 

"Bro, I'm trying to work through my forgiveness for Neteyam, but I can't do that before I get what Tsireya is so mad about." He thought for a second. "Well, I know what she's mad about, but what specifically is bothering her? Because I think my position is really-" Lo'ak groaned when Ao'nung interrupted him again. 

"She isn't mad about your position, she..." Ao'nung sighed, hating himself for revealing this. "She is mainly mad you lied. Well," he paused "she probably isn't jazzed to be caught in a love triangle, but she understands the difficulty you're in. But she's mostly feeling betrayed by you. Go figure." 

Lo'ak seemed to be deep in thought, and then remembered himself. 

"Right, makes sense, I guess." 

"You guess?" Ao'nung asked, disbelieving. 

"No! I mean, yes, that makes sense. I'll figure it out, promise. Sorry, as well, for hurting your sister." 

"I don't know why you're apologising to me, the two people you hurt are currently elsewhere," Ao'nung told him with raised eyebrows. Lo'ak nodded. 

"Right." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 4.8K 23
!Neteyam x Aonoung! When the sully family came to the Metkayina clan seeking refuge, no one would have suspected a love to blossom between the leader...
3.4K 50 11
Basically the same thing as the movie but I put my own twist into it, their will be Tsireya x Lo'ak and Neteyam x Aonung but I'm not sure about Rotx...
126K 3.9K 55
Tìyawn and Aonung team up to get Lo'ak and Tsireya to stop have feelings for each other, but only end up falling for each other.
47.9K 830 16
So I've been obsessed over this damn movie and now I'm going to write about, I'm not very good with using PROPER English but I'll give it a go. VERY...