HIS CLAIM

By Orphicknight

"You look awfully well for someone who died years ago." [ THIS STORY CONTAIN MATURE CONTENT!!! ] This is dar... More

(Writer's note)
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Epilogue

6

19K 380 57
By Orphicknight

Elsa

I blinked once.

Then I scream.

I turned around clumsily, tumbling down to the ground before I quickly got up again and ran as fast as I could back to the bathroom. I slammed the door shut and quickly locked the door in the process.

My hands were flat on the door to make sure he couldn't get in. At this point, I was breathing so hard and loud that I was pretty sure the room next to me could hear me, but I couldn't care less right now. I had more pressing matters at the moment.

Such as not being killed.

I yelped when there was a sudden knock on the door.

"That was quite dramatic of you, Elisabeth." He said with a hint of amusement in his voice. My jaw dropped open. Dramatic? Was he fucking kidding me right now? He was the one with the gun, threatening to shoot if we moved. If anything, he was the dramatic one!

"It will take me nothing to kick this door down if you don't come out." The Devil talked to me as if we were having a casual conversation.

"First IT.IS.ELSA and second I would like to stay in here..." I told him with a slightly shaking voice. I was mentally beating myself up for not having my phone with me right now to call for help,

"Get out. Now." I could already hear how annoyed he was.

"... How do I know you won't shoot me the minute I get out, huh?" I tried to ask with a firm and suspicious tone, but my voice didn't allow me with its shakiness.

He went completely silent.

"Are you fucking serious?!" I yelled at him and banged on the door with my fist.

"If I wanted to shoot you." He said calmly. "You wouldn't even have made it to the bathroom. This door wouldn't have stopped me from shooting you either. I can simply put a bullet in you through the door." I quickly turned away from the door. I hadn't thought he could actually shoot me through the door. Especially, how I was practically pressing my body against the door to keep him out.

"Get out. I don't have all night." He ordered.

Why? Because you have other people to kill?

I looked around in the bathroom, trying to see if there was anything I could use to at least defend myself.

But what was I supposed to use? Freaking stab him with a toothbrush?

I took a deep breath and as slowly as possible, I unlocked the door. But I didn't open it yet. A few moments passed and I took this as an opportunity and swung the door open and ran for my life.

Well, I tried to run anyways.

He immediately grabbed me when I tried to run past him.

"Let me go!" I tried with all my might to escape his arms, but he had me in a steel-like hold. It was impossible to get out.

Nicholas sighed as I continued to squirm against him while he carried me as if I weighed nothing. He walked us to the lounge area and dropped me down on the couch where he previously sat on. There was a knock on the door with a followed 'room service'. The server strolled in with the serving cart and started to place different plates onto the table. Way too many plates.

I didn't order all this.

Before I could say anything, the server pulled out a bottle of champagne and held it elegantly for Nicholas to see, and I connected the dot.

"Is this to your liking Mr. Donavan?" Nicholas looked at the bottle and gave a short expressionless nod. The server poured champagne into two classes and put the bottle back into the ice bucket.

"Anything else I can get for you?" He asked with his hands clasped in front of him.

"That will be all." I watched as Nicholas handed him a few hundred dollars as a tip. The server gave a small bow in gratitude and left the room, leaving us alone. Nicholas handed me a glass of champagne and took a seat across from me. He clinked his glass with mine and took a sip, eyeing me while doing so.

I just stared at him confused.

"Are we celebrating something?" I was confused. This whole thing was confusing.

"Yes." He simply said.

How elaborative.

"What?"

"You coming back from the dead." He smirked. This guy thought he was so funny now since he was cracking jokes?

"Ha ha, so fucking funny I forgot to laugh." I rolled my eyes at him. I didn't know what came over me, but for some reason, I was feeling bold as fuck and less scared of him than before. It was definitely the adrenaline pumping in my body. It also did help that he wasn't waving a gun in my face, at least I could somehow stand a chance against him if he had no gun. Though I doubt I could stand a chance. I couldn't even get out of his grip on me. But I should still be okay since he said he wouldn't shoot me, right?

"Eat." He ordered and stared at me with a blank face.

He was definitely a Mafia Boss with the way he was so comfortable bossing me around.

"No, thank you. I'm not hungry." I crossed my arms and glared at him. My stomach betrayed me as it let out the biggest possible rumbling sound ever. My eyes widened and my face had never been this hot before. I was pretty sure it was as red as it could be.

"Okay, so maybe I am hungry..." I muttered, embarrassed.

"But how do I know you won't shoot me while I eat? Because that's fucked up! Making me feel like you're fattening me up like pig and ready for slaughter." I rambled on before I could stop myself. Nicholas just raised a brow at me while he sipped his champagne as I continued with my rambling.

That was it, wasn't it? He was so going to kill while I ate.

"You curse a lot." He ignored my rambling. "A lady shouldn't curse. It's not befitting." He smirked as I gaped at him. I frowned, annoyed with what he had just said.

"Good thing I'm no lady then! And it's called sentence enhancers. Gets the message across." I huffed out and squinted my eyes at him.

"Eat." He ordered me again.

"But how-

"I won't shoot you. Now shut up and eat."

"Rude! You shouldn't tell a lady to shut up."

"I thought you made it clear that you were not a lady, no?" He tilted his head slightly to the side, giving me a rather devilish grin.

Shit, good point.

"...Whatever." I frowned.

"I'm not a patient man. Eat." I still hesitated as I looked back and forth between the very delicious-looking food, if I may add, and him.

"What is it now." He was now clearly annoyed with me. Even though he said he wouldn't shoot me, he would definitely do it now because I had annoyed him.

"I'll eat, I promise!" I quickly said. "It's just that... It feels weird to eat if you're not eating...Like, are you just going to stare at me...?" I awkwardly trailed off.

Minutes passed and he just stared at me blankly. I started to feel uncomfortable and squirmed a bit in my seat when he didn't move or talk and continued to just stare at me. Luckily, it didn't last much longer, and he grabbed a plate of pasta and began to eat. Relieved, I started to look at the different foods placed in front of me, and my mouth started to water.

I grabbed the plate with four mini sliders and started to eat. I closed my eyes in happiness when a took a bite. The different flavors exploded in my mouth and created heaven. I could taste everything from the freshness of the vegetables, the incredibly delicious seasoning of the meat, and the smoky sauce, to the very soft and buttery brioche bread. Right now, I wouldn't care if he killed me if he just let me finish this food.

I would die happy.

I finished three of the sliders in no time and looked around at the table to see what to eat next. I spotted a plate of steak fries and immediately switched plates and started to munch on them instead. So crispy and so good. Then I spotted the mozzarella sticks and immediately grabbed the plate. I just kept going and tasted a bit of everything, and downed the champagne.

I let out a satisfied sigh when I was done and I could slowly feel myself getting sleepy.

"Impressive." A voice rang out and I jumped a little in my seat. I was so caught up in the food that I had forgotten that he was still here. I noticed he had finished his plate of pasta and was leaning back on the couch, watching my every move. Did he watch me all this time as I was eating? I would have felt embarrassed if I wasn't tired now and just shrugged it off.

"Okay, listen. Let me just say this and save your time; I don't know anything. I don't know why this or how that. I know nothing. Nada. I haven't talked to my father in years until tonight, so you're really not going to get much out of Infact I am going to give surprise to my bestie and guess what I am getting the biggest surprise." I said tiredly. I was too tired to be scared of him right now and just wanted him to leave. What time was it again? I really wanted to pass out and sleep for the next two days.

"I know." He said with a smug grin and I raised my brows in surprise.

"Then why are you here?" I gave him a confused look.

"That's for me to know and you to wonder about." He got up and made his way to the door. His hand rested on the door handle as he turned slightly to the side to look at me.

"Goodnight, Elsa. It was a pleasure." He winked at me.

.

Next Morning.....

"Elsa, get your ass up!" A voice shouted and I heard the constant banging on the door. I let out an annoyed groan at the sounds. All night I couldn't sleep and kept tossing and turning with my thoughts racing at a hundred miles per hour. I couldn't stop thinking about all that had happened in such a short time, and I still had so many questions for my father I needed to ask before I left back home. And that Devil named Nicholas did nothing to ease my mind.

I knew he was too beautiful to be a normal sane person.

The constant banging on the door didn't stop. Not even once. It just kept going with Tessa on the other side as she continued to yell at me to open the door. I let out a big, frustrated groan as I got up from bed.

"My God, Tessa shut up!" I snapped and swung the door open with my eyes half-open.

"Finally!" She exclaimed. I ignored her and returned to my bed, getting under the blanket and pulling it over my head with the intention to fall asleep. I was too tired to deal with her right now.

"What are you doing? Get up!" The blanket was suddenly pulled from my body and I had to take a deep breath.

Please, Lord, grant me the strength to not rip her head off and throw it out of the window!

"Tessa!" I snapped again as I sat up and searched for the blanket.

"Let me sleep! It's early!" I complained. I gave up on finding the blanket and plopped down on the bed again.

Whatever, I was tired enough to sleep like this.

"Early? It's one in the afternoon!" Damn, already?

"And close your legs, we can see your lacy panties" Tessa commented.

"Don't fucking look then." I said annoyed.

Wait.

"We?" I asked confused. "Who's 'we'?" I lifted my head to look and to my horror, Asher was present, resting his shoulder against the doorframe. I looked at him in horror and he just stood there and smiled all innocently at me.

"Morning to you, Elicat." I closed my legs and screamed at him.

"Turn around!" I continued to scream at him as I clumsily tried to get out of bed. Tessa was definitely not helping as she stood at the end of the bed, laughing so hard that tears were visible in her eyes. I ran to the bathroom and slammed the door shut, hoping the ground would just open and swallow me.

I took my time getting ready in the bathroom as I waited for the embarrassment to die down. Eventually, I had to get out at some point and live with the fact that I had flashed Asher my penties. I didn't even look at him when I got out and just hurried out of the hotel room.

.

"Your daddy wants you to join a small dinner next week." Tessa informed. We were at a café, sitting outside and having a bite to eat while we enjoyed the very hot sun that was currently baking us.

"Why?" I took a sip of my second dose of iced coffee. I desperately needed caffeine due to the lack of sleep.

"Since there is no point in hiding you anymore, you might as well come to the different occasions." Asher explained.

"So, he's just gonna forget that the fact he still didn't bother to reach out to me all these years and expects me to be, I don' t know, okay with it?" Just because I missed him and we hugged didn't mean I still wasn't hurt by the lack of effort of not reaching out to me. All those years when I had desperately wanted my father but I had to force those feelings away because he couldn't be bothered to keep in touch.

"You have to understand where he is coming from. If he started to call you or show up at your place, you might as well be dead now." Asher shrugged as he casually explained.

"People are ruthless, Elsa. They will do anything to get what they want. The things I have witnessed." Tessa shuddered and asher nodded in agreement, looking less bothered than tessa.

"I guess..." I sighed. Maybe they were right. Who knew what would have happened to me if it was all true? Would I have been abducted and tortured? Would they have mercilessly cut into my flesh to retaliate against my father? Cut off my limbs and deliver them to his residence. The thought of that made me sick. I didn't know what these people were capable of... And maybe it was for the best to expect the very worst.

"Are you coming then?" Tessa asked in a hopeful tone.

"I can't. I only took this week off. I have to get back to work." Tessa gave me a bored look as I said that.

"You work for your mother. I'm pretty sure she can let your ass off for a few more days."

"And because she is my mother, she goes hard on me." My mother owned a boutique and designed gowns and dresses, and I suppose I inherited that skill from her. I have always enjoyed drawing and was fascinated by art. Then I decided to take it a step further by creating my own gown sketch ideas.

"One time I messed up an order and she was a second away from pulling out a wooden spoon to whoop my ass." I scoffed at the memory. My mother was the type of person who would whoop your ass in a heartbeat with her beloved wooden
spoon.

"Not the wooden spoon!" Tessa and Asher said at the same time, and we all burst out laughing. My mother would use the wooden spoon on anyone who misbehaved, regardless of who they were. And since we all had spent a lot of time together when we were younger, asher got his fair share of whooping with the wooden spoon along with me and Tessa as we had the habit of making trouble.

"I'll talk to her, she never says no to me." Tessa bagged and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Sucks to be an only child, and not even be the favorite." | say as I let out a dramatic sigh. My mother loved me and tessa very much. There was no doubt that she wanted to do whatever she could for tessa since she wasn't able to come and live with us. Hence why she would never say no to her.

"What's the dinner party about anyways?" I asked confused. Would there be a bunch of men with guns present?

"I guess it's to make up for the engagement party yesterday. It's just the family and Nicholas and Dante" Tessa explained. So, men with guns would definitely be present. I tried not to show a reaction at the mention of Nicholas. I had no idea what came over me, but there was something so incredibly intriguing about him. The way he carried himself, and with those grayish-blue eyes...

"Again, I'm so sorry about that." gave an apologetic look to stop my thoughts from drifting to a place they shouldn't. Tessa simply waved me off, not bothered about it.

After the episode, I went to search for tessa and I explained to her what my father had just revealed. She couldn't have cared less about the party and just wanted to make sure I was okay. She was truly an angel and she didn't deserve to be treated like that and handed over as if she was nothing.

"Baah, you guys are so boring!" Asher complained and threw his head back.

"I thought we would be doing something fun." He sulked.

"I told you we were just going out to eat and do some shopping. Nobody asked you to come, you just dragged your ass with me." Tessa rolled her eyes at him.

"I was bored, and there wasn't much do to anyways at this time. Besides, don't you rather have me around instead of... What's his name?" Asher stopped to think.

"Oh, Maso!" He exclaimed. Tessa chuckled at him.

"Maso is à great guy. He just takes his job way too seriously and basically breathes down my neck, but still a great guy." Tessa wasn't allowed to leave without a chaperone, and Maso was the one to be with her wherever she went. He was a very serious guy though.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let's just go, my ass is getting numb." Asher got up and stretched his arms above his head, which caused the white t-shirt he was wearing to slightly raise, showing some of his toned stomach.

I couldn't help myself and gazed for a little longer than I should have. I took the time to closely check him out, and it was clear to see he spent time working out. He was nowhere the built of Nicholas, but his physique was quite nice actually. My eyes roamed his body till they met his eyes, seeing he was already looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"Like what you see, gorgeous?" He winked at me. My face burned in embarrassment that he had caught me openly checking him out. He didn't seem to mind though.

"Stop flirting and let's go." Tessa ordered as she rolled her eyes at him. Asher put his arm around my shoulder as we walked in the direction of the boutiques. I turned my head to look at him as I felt his gaze on me, and he had a cheeky smile on his lips.

"I definitely liked what I saw earlier." He whispered in my ear.

"gosh! Shut up." I smacked his chest and he just let out a chuckle, having me slightly blush at his comment.

.

.

.

.

.

.
.

.

.

Untill next part......

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 63.2K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
16 0 23
That's when the door bursts open I don't recognize him. I'm not talking about his physical features. I mean his expression, his stance, his eyes are...
D'yavol By NerfHades

Mystery / Thriller

736 250 24
A daunting event invited a stranger into my life. I hadn't anticipated his significance and within one night, my life spiralled, again. A mystery set...