Moran - Dare to Love

By Ms_WhisperAngel

A story tells about Monami Mahajan, a soon-to-be graduate, freelanced by Karan Shergill, a young psychologis... More

Part -1
Part -2 Missing teenagers
Part-3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27 Coaxing and pampering
Part 28 Follow Rani sahiba k orders
Part 29
Part 30 A new case
Part 31 Who is the Murderer?
Part 32 love you like crazy
Part 33 Accident
Part 34 Statement
Part 35 Almost kiss
Part 36 Realisation
Part 37 Bar, drinks and indirect kiss
Part 38 A unique confession
Part 39 Some sweet time
Part 40 Goodbye
Part 41 Childhood memories
Part 42 Family Homicide
Part 43 His efforts to get praise
Part 44 Another family murdered
Part 45 Abandoned
Part 46 Caught but Got Injured
Part 47 Avni visits
Part 48 Shades of Karan Shergill
Part 49 A Beautiful Night
Part 50 How Fast the night starts to change
Part 51 Suicide or were being controlled?
Part 52 Say 'hello' to Jenny
Part 53 Now it begins
Part 54 A trip to US
Part 55 A video for Karan
Part 56 Trying to show his life
Part 57 Profiling him
Part 58 Analysing victims life again
Part 59 His Fantasy
Part 60 Hunt, Rescue and a Deal
Part 61 Little Moments
Part 62 Of accident and attacks
Part 63 For Being Karan Shergill's Woman
Part 64 Break out
Part 65 Parcel
Part 66 Simon's secret
Part 68 J. I am back
Side story - Allen
Part 69 The kiss before he kills
Part 70 The plan behind the trap
Part 71 The Final Move
Part 72 The new Beginning
Side Story Faizi -1
Side story Faizi Part 2
Extra stories - 1
Extra stories 2 - The college life
Extra Story-3 Henpecked Husband
Extra stories -4 Parenthood for Mr. And Mrs Shergill
Extra stories -5

Part 67 The letter or suicide note?

306 55 10
By Ms_WhisperAngel

Hey guys thank you for your votes and comments.

Continuing from the last part,

Darkness surrounded her. Monami lied down in the small bed. It seemed she was only person left in the world.

She touched the bed sheets underneath her body. Aditya changed a new set of bed sheets for her today.  It smells freshly laundered.  But this smell reminded her of home. 

She misses her mother. She misses her sister. She misses Sid, and she misses Karan most.

In this place where there’s no way of differentiating whether it is night or day…. Where are you… my love?

Before Aditya left her, he injected some drugs into her. Her arm waa full of needle holes. 

But it didn’t produce hallucinations like the previous drugs. Instead, memories came flooding to her.  Sweet memories, bitter memories… they just appear in her mind uncontrollably. 

The night when she touched Karan’s scars on his back for the first time.  Her tears swelled up in her eyes.  What did he say to her then? 

Under the gentle and soft lighting, his handsome but proud face looked at her with regret and concern: “Agar mujhe pta hota ki isse dekh kar tum ro dogi.. toh main kabhi yeh scars tumhe show nahi karta..”

His rich low voice, sounding like beautiful music notes played by a cello, rings in her ears. His warm breath, his sensual touch, filled with love and his adoration for her…. Monami fell into a dreamy fantasy where he was beside her, wrapping his arms tightly around her…

Suddenly, a big vacuum sucked away her lover. Then, the voice of another man rings in her ears: “Sirf main hoon jo rahunga. The one and only… Allen.”

Nahi!

Monami puts her hands over her face.

No. She did not believe it. Karan cannot have split personality. He was strong and tough. Even though he was walking in darkness, his heart was still pure and clear. 

Her Karan. the one and only… Simon.  No matter what she heard. No matter what happens next. There was only one thing she can do -

Believe in him. Wait for him.

He will unlock this hell and rescue her.

——————

Pang!”  The sound of the light switch being turned on. The blinding light caused Monami to cover her eyes with her hands. She heard a familiar footage behind her.

Monami’s heart pounded.

He, was here again.

————————

There was smell of coffee in the air.  Monami was forced out of her cage back to the sofa again. 

Aditya waa still in a good mood. He’s whistling again. He brought over a cup of coffee and put it in front of her.  

Monami’s face was very pale. She didn't pick up the cup. Aditya got himself another cup of coffee. He took a sip, then he smiled: “Drink it. Or I will whip you.”  

Monami took the coffee and sipped it slowly. He smiled. 

After she has drinks about a third of the cup, he suddenly said: “Oh… main tumhe yeh batana toh bhul hi gya, maine iss coffee me kuch special bhi add Kiya hain..” 

Monami paused. She looked at the cannibal that waa sitting before her. A disgusting thought came to her mind. She started throwing up into the rubbish bin next to her feet.

Aditya laughed loudly: “Main bs yeh keh raha tha ki... maine isme milk bhi add Kiya hain.”

Monami took a deep breath. She took a tissue from the table and wiped her mouth. Then she looked up and met his gaze. She quickly looked down again. 

Karan was right. He has an unstable and anti-social personality.

At the moment, he was in a good mood, making fun of her. But he might change his mind and want to kill her a few minutes later. He’s so unpredictable. 

God, please protect me from this monster. I must live to the day Karan came for me.  Just don’t upset him. 

With this thought, She quietly sat and observes what’s his plans are today.

He sat beside her, threw today’s newspaper on the coffee table and turned on the TV. 

Monami quickly glanced at the newspaper. It’s the classified section.  There’s an ad that said: “Jack, do you like my present?”

It’s a message from Tommy.

Her heart swelled and trembled with bitterness. She looked up at the TV screen. It’s news time. 

The same news presenter from yesterday brought more news on Karan. Her clear and calm voice pierced Monami like a sword: “Both the Indian government and the FBI refuse to comment on the “Karan Shergill case’. This has upset a lot of family members of the victims. This morning, more than 200 people gathered outside the FBI headquarters in Washington to protest. They are petitioning for the arrest of Professor Karan.  We have news that a few familied have appointed the famous litigators from Davis Law Firm.  They will be suing Professor Shergill…” 

Bahut logon ko lagta hain ki uski split personality hain.” Aditya sipped his coffee again. “Tum kya sochti ho?”

Monami kept quiet.

Aditya looked at her coldly.

Monami clenched her hands that’s resting on her knees. 

Does he believe? 

How should she answer him without provoking him? 

Karan, what should I say?

————-

I don’t believe it.”  Monami said softly: “Woh waisa nahi hain.”

Her voice was soft and coarse, but there’s trust and faith in her voice.

Aditya laughed again. But he didn’t comment. 

They continued to watch the television. 

It’s a building that Monami recognised. It’s the hotel she stayed in before being kidnapped. This was also the place where Karan has isolated himself from the rest of the world for a few days now. 

Oh…” Aditya sat straighter on the sofa. They could hear the news presenter’s voice: “Breaking new. Our reporter brings you the latest developments from the Marriott hotel. The FBI has arrived, and Professor Karan Shergill has finally left the hotel room.” 

Then Monami’s body was numbed.  Because for the first times in days, she saw Karan. The man that she misses so much!

He was surrounded by a big group of FBI agents. He was wearing a tidy black suit, with a simple shirt. No tie.  He looked palm and calm. As the camera flashed, he turned around.  Inside his dark eyes, there’s a coldness that was enough to freeze you with just a glance. 

Tears streamed uncontrollably down her face. Her vision waa blurred. She tried to wipe the tears, but it just kept flowing.

Tears of desolation. Tumhara subconscious believe karta hain ki Karan ki split personality hain.”  He smiled. 

No.  She did not believe. She said in her heart. Never. Karan dis not have split personality. He was trying to mislead her.

Agar Karan ki girlfriend ek letter ke through public me confirm kar de ki Karan ki split personality hain” He took out a syringe from the drawer and walked towards her: “Tab that would make things even more interesting,”

Monami could only watch him inject more drugs into her. A coldness ran through her veins. 

Another run of mental control and manipulation. How long can she defend her position?

—————

It’s been a few long and painful days for many people.

Bala lived in the same hotel as Karan.  He woke up early in the morning.

It’s been two days since Karan has been taken away by the FBI. On his computer, he could see the surveillance images of the FBI headquarters’ various entrances, stairways, interrogation rooms, and the temporary detention cell for Karan.

Everything was as per normal. Karan is lying straight as a pole on the single bed. He was separated with the guards by the rows of metal bars. The guards were walking up and down the corridor. 

Bala stared at the screen for a while.  Karan looked tired and gaunt. There are bags under his eyes. He has lost weight. 

Bala switched on the TV. It’s a morning filled with controversy.  There’s more and more pressure from the media to press charges against Karan; but they cannot underestimate the voice of support for Karan: 

The most renowned Criminal psychology professor in Maryland has publicly expressed his support for his most beloved student. He claims that even if there is another personality in him, as long as the primary personality Simon has no knowledge of the second personality’s actions, he is not guilty.

Other people whom he’s saved marched with their families to show their support.  They urge the FBI to find out the truth behind the allegations….“How can anyone doubt his integrity when he has given himself so selflessly to save the life of others?”

India has requested to transfer Karan to India for further investigations.   However, the US has not responded to the Indian’s request.

….

Bala walked out of his hotel room after he’s seen the news. 

———————-

One hour later. In the FBI headquarters interrogation room.

Bala was sitting at one end of the table. Facing him is the man that everyone was discussing lately - Karan. Two days of detention has not caused him to change very much. He looked more or less the same as when he first stepped into this building two days ago. 

Bala spoke first: “There’s chaos everywhere.”

Karan nodded.

Bala lowered his voice: “Ab hume kya karna chahiye?”

Karan looked at him, but he does not answer.

——————-

Two days later. In Monami’s cell.

She did not know when the lights were dimmed. Her vision was blurred. Her head was hurting.  Monami was lying on the floor, with a sheet of paper and a pen in front of her.

Aditya bent down and talked to her as a close friend: “Ab jab tum janti ho ki uski split personality hain. Tab bhi tum usse pyaar karti ho?”

She was under the influence of drugs.  Everything seemed to be spinning around her. She lifted her head towards Aditya’s direction: “Haan, I still love him.”

She was finding it hard to differentiate between reality and illusions. The handsome and gentle man. The blood thirsty killer. And how many people are there with her in that dimly lit cell. One?  Two?  Is it Aditya?  Allen? Both of them?  She is so confused. Or perhaps it’s all just a dream… a bad dream. 

But whatever it was, it’s too painful.

Write it down. Sab kuch btao usse.”  Aditya sounded more gentle than he’s ever been: “Don’t you want him to know how much you love him? Tell him before you die.  That even the world cannot accept his split personality, you will not abandon him…”

Monami looked at him. She focused her gaze onto his face.

Finally, she reached out for the pen. 

——————-

Karan:

Jab main teenage thi tab maine socha tha ki main aise ladke ko pasand krungii jo mere baba ke jaisa ho- jo humesha justice ke sath ho.. even if it costs me my life.

Then, I settled for a more ordinary life. Badi hui, University gayi, aur work karna start kiya. I thought main apne uss thinking se dur jaati Jaa Rahi hoon. It’s a regret that I hid deep inside my heart.

Then, main tumse mili.

Mere uss chhote se teenage ke sapne jaisa.

Main kabhi tumhe kaha nahi na.. ki I love you. But I’ve said it many times in my heart. Every morning when I see you sleeping beside me, every time when I am amazed by your talent, when you put aside your own safety to help those who need you… I tell myself. I am so lucky to have you.

You deserve my love.

But perhaps, I can’t accompany you anymore. I can’t endure it anymore. I am stuck in darkness without an exit.  Every morning, I hope to wake up and find you here, to rescue me, to feel your warm embrace, so that we will never part again.

I am sorry Karan. I can’t accompany you anymore. Tum dukhi mat hona. duniya me aur bhi bahut log hain jo tumse pyaar karte hain. They will take my place to love you. You will not be lonely in your journey ahead. Live a good life.

Main bilkul bhi sad nahi hoon. Really.  Because you once belonged to me.  Even as I am facing death, my heart is at peace. This is a release for me. Even if I am turned to dust and ashes, I will not forget you. From now on, every sunrise, every sunset, every night, I will hope that I can still meet you and love you in my next life. We will return to the place we met, and I will tell you, personally, how much I love you.

…..

Karan, mujhe maaf kar dena. Maine tum par doubt kiya. Jab kabhi hum unn perverted killers ko comfort karte the, jab sirf tum jo unhe samjh pate the.. mujhe darr lagta tha. Mujhe Darr lagta tha ki ek din tum bhi.. uss andhere me kahi kho jaoge. Phir maine Allen ki footage dekhi. Surprisingly, I felt more settled in my heart. 

Yeh important nahi hain.. Karan.  Simon or Allen. yeh important nahi hain..It’s not important. You are who you are. My only Karan. Mera pyaar tumhare liye kabhi change nahi hoga because mujhe yakeen hain, tum Allen ko hara doge, Aditya ko hara doge. Phir tum mujhe dhund loge aur iss hell se dur le jaoge.. 

Then, hum humare hometown wapas jayenge. We will return to our house. Please embrace me, even if  woh meri ashes hi kyon na ho.. and sit by the river. Accompany me to watch the sunrise and the sunset. Then, bury me in a place where you can see me everyday.

Tumhe yaad hain jab humne pehli baar ek doosre ka hath pakda? We were both stunned. Tumne kaha tha ki I was tickling you. But Sach yeh hain ki tumne usse pehle kabhi kisi ladki ka hath ho nahi pakda tha... So what if I die? Humari itni saari yaadein hain.. Mere marne Tak yeh yaadein mere sath rahegi. I have achieved my dream. I have you. I’ve met my parent’s expectations. I have become someone they wanted me to be. We have solved many cases together. I have no regrets. The only regret I have is that I can no longer accompany you on your life journey

Please do not be alone. Karan. Do not be alone. Live everyday well. 

Kyonki main wahi rahungi. Karan. Tumhari aankhon me.. Tumhare dil me. Tumhari life me.

Hum kabhi ek doosre se alag nahi honge. 

Monami.”

—————

The next morning. 

Bala took the letter to the FBI headquarters. 

A night of quietness. As if he was expecting something, Karan was sitting at the table. Bala puts the letter on the table and slided it on him.

Karan did not pick it up. Instead, he read the letter line by line carefully and slowly.

Bala was quiet. He was observing the expressions on his face.

After a long time, Karan lifted his head to look at him. But it’s like he was looking through him, and through the cement walls, to the place where she was.

A smile appeared on his face.  However, his eyes still looked cold and empty. 

A coarse and unfamiliar voice spoke.  “I need to break out of here.”

*******

Woah.. Karan gonna break out and FBI ke under se break out Krna.. he will be wanted criminal... But Monami ne kaha tha woh letter sirf letter nahi uska suicide note hoga...
Mtlb tum samjh rahe ho na main kya keh rahi hoon...

So Monami is she......?

Koi mujhse message mat Krna to ask.. I won't tell....plzzz... Curiosity rakho and story ko thoda mysterious rehne do then the story will be interesting u know....

Till the next one,
Ta-ta

Keeping you in mystery
Kriya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 121K 60
Highest ranking: #9 Romance & #4 in General Fiction!!! WARNING: I wrote this book when I was 17 so there is a ton of grammatical errors so please re...
302K 18.7K 54
Reena was the daughter of the billionaire, the founder of Oberoi Cyber Security but the death of her parents shakens her mental health. No Psychtrist...
49.1K 1.8K 58
"don't look at me with those eyes Ms Singh otherwise I will loose myself to you ". He said and landed forward our lips so close but still that streng...
850K 63.1K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...