Home (Spencer Reid)

By brookehoran93

"Home wasn't a set house, or a single town on a map. It was wherever the people who loved you were, whenever... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 14

167 8 1
By brookehoran93

We sat on the plane listening to the phone call between 911 and the guy who's partner was about to kill the couple.

"-excuse me did you just say someone was killing someone?"

"Well Unsub 1 definitely sounds frightened." Prentiss pointed out.

"Maybe he's doing this against his will..."

"I doubt it." Gideon replied. "He whispered."

"He could've called out to save them." Hotch said.

"Not if he had a gun to his head." Derek countered.

"If he had a gun to his head why would he dial 911?" I said to Morgan.

"The 2nd unsub said Rafael was gonna kill someone. Is there a 3rd?" JJ asked.

"Referring to oneself in the 3rd person is not uncommon for an unsub. Ted Bundy gave thoroughly detailed accounts of his murders but he never actually admitted to doing it." I replied

"He'd say 'the killer'" Spence added.

"JJ we need an insight picture of the victims. Victimology can be critically important in a mission based spree." Hotch said.

"Already on it."

"Prentiss, go where the bodies are, examine the wounds. I'm gonna set up at the Atlanta field office and go over cases from the state. Morgan come with me." Hotch continued.

"Reid you and Shields come with me to the crime scene." Gideon said. We nodded. I rubbed my temples.

"You alright?" Spence asked me as I examined the crime scene. I looked up at him. "No. I'm tired of people using religion." I said honestly.

"To justify the things they do." I finished as I picked up the bible page.

"How many times was each victim stabbed?" Gideon asked. "They weren't stabbed." I said, examining the pictures of the bodies. "Long, deep gashes. Not stab wounds." Reid looked impressed.

Morgan walked in. "Ok, I know my partner's called 911, so I don't have a lot of time. I come over and slash the man's throat first, eliminating the greatest threat. The woman screams and runs to the bathroom. She tries to close the door, and I stop her."

"We checked the handprint on the door for prints. Nothin." The police officer said.

My phone rang. "You're on speaker, G" I said. "Are you at the crime scene?" She asked. "Yup" Derek said. "Is there a burgundy seat against the back wall?" She asked. "Yeah why?" I said. "Oh my lord." She said. "What?"

"I just got a viral video emailed to me by a friend. It seems to be pretty popular." She said. "Of what?" I asked.

"Mr. Kyle being murdered."

----------------------

"So the unsubs brought a laptop with them." Prentiss said.

"As far as I can tell this computer is the Kyle's." Spence said. He looked up. "Does this building have wireless internet?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?" One of the detectives asked. "Someone's hacked into the system. This camera is on right now and it's streaming video feed somewhere." He whispered.

"Can we track it?" Hotch asked. The computer started to make a loud noise.

Up on the screen flashed a message.

THE ARMIES OF SATAN SHALL NOT PREVAIL

And then the computer shut off.

"How can someone control a computer like that?" Prentiss asked.

"It's pretty easy, actually. Say for instance if you called tech support and allowed them access to your computer from their location they can install metaphorical 'trojan horse' meaning they can leave a program on your computer that allows them access at any time without the computer's original owner knowing." I explained.

"Garcia search for local tech support businesses and/or numbers" Hotch ordered.

"There was a reported stranger wandering outside the Kyle's house about a month ago. A witness called and said a man in black was trying to break in, but was gone before police could get there. Witness was Tobias Hankle." Prentiss said.

"There's been another murder." JJ looked up from the phone. "On it. Reid, you, JJ and shields see if you can contact the witness." Hotch said.

-

"We're looking for one unsub with multiple personalities." Gideon said over the phone. "Alright. We'll call you once we speak to the witness." I said and hung up.

We got to the door and nocked. A younger looking man answered. "Hi Mr. Hankle?" JJ asked. "yeah?" He responded. He looked- innocent. "Mr. Hankle. FBI i'm agent Jareau this is agent Reid and agent Shields."

"FBI?" He asked. "er- may we come in?" Reid asked. "I- I'm sorry, I don't let anyone in the house." He said.

"Actually I, um, really have to, ya know... go?" Reid said. I rolled my eyes. "My father doesn't like it..." Mr. Kyle said.

"Um, you witnessed something about a month ago? Might be very helpful to us." I said. "I did?" He asked.

"You saw someone go over a wall into a backyard and called the police." I said.

"Me?" He asked. I nodded. He shrugged. "Sorry."

"Is there another Tobias Hankle here?" JJ asked. He shook his head. "Just me."

"Sorry to bother you, sir." I said. "Uh, are you sure I can't just uh, use the-" "Sorry." He said and closed the door.

"That's not right..." Spence said and ran around the side of the house. "Reid." JJ called.

We walked around to find Reid. "JJ, Tori!" Spence called. We watched as Mr. Hankle ran for the barn. "He's the unsub!" He said.

"C'mon" We drew our guns and ran for the barn. "He's in here." Spence said as we reached the doors. "You two cover the front, i'll cover the back." He said.

"Wai- wha- Spence!" I whispered. He kissed my cheek and ran around back. I turned cherry red.

"What was that about." JJ smirked. I looked at spence's shadow. "I don't know."

The barn door creaked open. "Spence?" I called. JJ and I walked into the barn with our guns up. She went left and I went right. I stepped and heard a squish. I shined my flashlight down at my foot and saw that I had stepped in blood. "Gross" I whispered and moved my foot.

"TORI!" I heard JJ scream and shots fired. I turned around to see JJ shoot two rabid dogs. I turned around and one was coming at me. I shot and killed it.

"Where's Spence?" I asked. "I don't know." She replied. I shined my flashlight down a blood path that led to... a woman's body. It looked like she'd been eaten my the dogs. "Oh my God." JJ looked like she was about to throw up.

The barn doors opened and flashlights shone in. "FBI!" JJ yelled, raising her gun. "Woah! woah!" Morgan said. I ran up and hugged him. "Thank God" I breathed.

"Tobias Hankle is the unsub." JJ said as Derek held me tightly.

"I know." He replied. We looked over at the dogs. "I..I had to kill them..they tore her apart." "JJ" "There's barely anything left, I-" "JJ!" Prentiss said. "JJ look at me." She said.

"Where's Reid?" She asked.

"He went around back he-" I started. "Oh my God." I said and ran for the back of the barn, Derek close behind. I searched frantically. He was nowhere. "Tobias' car is missing." One of the officers reported. "Oh my God." Tears filled my eyes.

"Shields." Morgan tried. "No no no no... oh my God." I stared out at the field behind the barn. Morgan wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh my God oh my- oh my God." I mumbled, tears streaming down my face. "Shields calm down." Morgan said. "No no no no." I said.

"I can't lose him." I said.

And that's when I lost it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 3.5K 100
another BAU gc ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
216 18 8
"๐‘ณ๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’๐’๐’๐’Œ๐’” ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’”, ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’…, ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ๐’†๐’… ๐‘ช๐’–๐’‘๐’Š๐’… ๐’‘๐’‚๐’Š๏ฟฝ...
1.4M 15.9K 58
Profilers, are you ready for more feels?
29.6K 851 79
Your past comes a-knocking when you visit your family for the first time in what seems like years. Things aren't what you thought they were, but you...