sparks fly, sam winchester [...

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You... More

cast
001. intruder
002. jericho
003. near deaths
004. don't leave
005. into the woods
006. broken ribs
007. lake spirit
008. planes
009. secrets
010. shapeshifters
011. hook man
012. bugs
013. premonitions
014. asylum adventures
015. hitchhiking
016. faith healers
017. killer trucks
018. unhappy families
019. missing boyfriend
020. a trap
021. pranks
022. child soul sucker
023. haunted paintings
024. vampires are real
025. family business
026. yellow eyes
027. hospital stays
028. future talks
029. psycho hunter
030. zombie girlfriend
031. psychic twins
032. america's first serial killer
033. death omen
034. demon virus
035. hunted
036. drunk breakdowns
037. bank robbery
038. beliefs
039. not sam
040. trickster
041. hollywood
042. fugitives
043. missing
044. seven sins
045. changelings
046. rabbit's foot
047. morning sickness
048. pregnancy
049. fairy tales
050. ghost ship
051. gordon the vamp
052. christmas
053. baby girl
054. sex dreams
055. tuesday
056. ghost calls
057. out of time
058. runaway
059. dean's return
060. panic room
061. second chance
063. halloween
064. screwed up wishes
065. sam's summer story
066. siren
067. pamela's death
068. books
069. castiel's vessel
070. isolated
071. the final seal
072. apologies
073. hunting break
074. slumming it
075. training wheels
076. grandpas
077. convention
078. end of the world
079. apple pie family crap
080. zombies
081. adam
082. murder hotel
083. brady
084. cemetery fight
book three

062. classic monsters

682 21 10
By maybankwalker

The three get out of the Impala at Oktoberfest. Miranda gets Carly out of her car seat and holds her. Carly babbles, reaching out towards Sam.

"Wh-what?" Sam feels himself start to panic.

Carly whines, making grabby hands at her dad.

"She-- she wa-- she actually--"

"Are you gonna make her beg or take her already?" Miranda remarks.

"Yeah. Yeah! Yeah." Sam takes Carly from the woman. "Hi." He softly tells Carly. "You want me to hold you? Yeah."

"Looks like the past few weeks have paid off. Yahoo." Miranda remarks.

Sam smiles at his daughter while she looks in the area where everybody is, her wide blue eyes observing everything.

"We still got to see the new Raiders movie." Dean says.

"Saw it." Sam says.

"Without me?" Dean asks.

"You were in Hell." Sam reasons.

"That's no excuse." Dean says, looking around. "Big pretzel!" He walks over to the vendor, ordering three big pretzels.

"New movie date with Ruby?" Miranda remarks.

"Wh-- no. No, we-- we weren't dating." Sam says.

"Just screwing each other." Miranda says.

"I--" Sam's words get caught in his throat.

"Yeah." She nods, walking towards Dean.

"Thank you." Dean takes the pretzels from the person in charge of the cart. He turns to Sam and Miranda, giving them each a pretzel.

"Thank you." Sam tells his brother. The brothers both bite into their pretzels, Miranda taking a bite of hers as well.

"Ah." Carly makes a grabby hand to the pretzel her dad is holding.

"You want a little?" Sam asks and Carly nods. Sam tears off a small piece of the pretzel and feeds it to her. "Chew, chew, chew." He reminds.

"Guten tag." A woman greets, walking past them.

""Guten tag" yourself." Dean says with his mouth full as he watches her walk away.

"Mmm. Looks like that's our man." Sam says, looking over at the sheriff and they walk over to him.

"Sheriff Dietrich." Sam calls.

"Are you folks from the fed?" Dietrich asks.

"Agents Angus, Young, and Johnson." Sam informs, the three showing their badges. "We called ahead about your, uh, problem."

"Right. Um... I'll tell you what, why don't we talk this out away from the crowd, huh?" Dietrich suggests.

+++

The three get to the bar and walk up to the counter.

"I remember you." The woman from earlier says.

"And I remember you..." Dean looks at her name tag. "Jamie. I never forget a pretty... everything."

"We're looking for Ed Brewer." Sam says.

"What do you want with Ed?" Jamie asks.

"Well, we are, uh... federal agents." Dean says, the three flashing their badges. "Mr. Brewer was witness to a serious crime. We just need to--"

"Wait a minute. You're a fed? Wow, you don't come on like a fed. Seriously?" Jamie asks.

"I'm a maverick, ma'am." Miranda rolls  her eyes. "A rebel with a badge. One thing I don't play: the rules." Dean says, winking at her.

"He's really just an idiot who lucked out." Miranda remarks. Sam snorts.

"Okay, maverick." Sam tells Dean. "Um, so where can we find Mr. Brewer?" He asks Jamie.

~ ~ ~

They're sitting across from Ed who has a beer stein that he uncaps and drinks from. Carly is sitting on Sam's lap.

"I told the cops everything I saw. No one believes me. Why should you be any different?" Ed asks.

"Believe me, Mr. Brewer, we're different." Dean says.

"I spoke the God's honest truth. And now I'm the town joke." Ed says.

"Marissa Wright's murder is no joke to us. And we want to hear everything, no matter how strange it may seem." Sam states.

"We have a lot of experience with strange." Dean says.

"It was just after midnight. I just left here, and like I do every night, I cut through the park on the way home. At first, I thought it was a couple kissing. But she was... struggling too much. And this man, he was... well, he was biting her neck."

"Can you describe her assailant?" Sam asks.

"Oh, he was a vampire." Ed states.

"Okay, right. And by that, you mean--"

"You know, a vampire." Ed says, cutting Dean off.

"Uh-huh." Dean mutters.

"Yeah." Ed nods.

"So, he looked like--"

"He looked like a vampire. You know, with the fangs and the slicked back hair and the fancy cape and the little medallion thingy on the ribbon."

"You mean like Dracula?"

"Exactly, like Dracula. Right down to the accent."

"The accent?" Sam questions.

"Yep." Ed nods.

"What did he say?" Sam asks.

"You know, something like..." Ed raises his arm over his face, pretending to have a cape on. "Stay away, mortal! The night is mine!" He says with a Dracula accent. "You do believe me, don't you?"

"I need a drink." Miranda gets up and leaves.

"Wha-- uh, o-okay." Sam mumbles.

Miranda goes up to the bar and orders a beer.

"Hey." She looks over as a guy sits next to her.

"Hi." She says.

"I, uh, I'm Derek." He holds his hand out.

"Miranda." She shakes his hand.

"So, uh... you here for Oktoberfest?" Derek asks.

"Any other reason to be here?" Miranda chuckles.

"Guess not." Derek chuckles.

"Though I-- I'm technically here on business. Uh... I'm a... fed." Miranda says.

"Oh. Damn." Derek mutters.

"Yeah." She nods.

"That kinda just makes you hotter." Derek comments. Miranda's cheeks heat up.

"Look, I-- thank you, but I'm actually..." Miranda stops herself when she remembers she's not taken anymore. "Keep going." She smiles and Derek laughs.

Sam walks up to Dean who is at the bar.

"So, what do you think? Goth, psycho, vampire wannabe, right?" Dean asks.

"Definitely not our kind of case." Sam says.

"Agreed. But who cares?" Dean says, the two walking to a booth. "Room's paid for, and it's Oktoberfest. Come on, brother. Beer and bar wenches."

Dean sits on one side of the booth and Sam sits across from him, putting Carly on his lap.

"And babies." Sam points to his daughter.

"Hey, she's got a mom. Just pawn her off." Dean shrugs.

"She's not an object, Dean." Sam frowns. "Besides parenting is a 50/50 thing and I have four months to make up for. Speaking of..." Sam looks around for Miranda, spotting her at the bar with a guy. He frowns when she laughs at something he says.

"What is she doing?" Sam asks.

"Uh... talking to some dude." Dean says.

"Wha-- why? She-- she doesn't talk to people." Sam frowns.

"Aww... is Sammy jealous?" Dean mockingly pouts.

"What? No!" Sam scoffs. "No. It-- no. I'm fine." He says. "She can do whatever she wants."

"Mm-hmm." Dean hums. "Anyways, back to the beer and bar wenches."

"Pretty sure women today don't react well to the whole "wench" thing, Dean." Sam says.

"Hey, bar wench, where's that beer?" Dean calls to Jamie.

"Coming right up, good sir!" Jamie calls back.

"Dude, Oktoberfest." Dean grins.

"Yeah, well, I dare you to call Miranda that and see if it goes smoothly." Sam says.

Jamie walks up, putting a beer in front of Dean.

"There you go." She turns to Sam. "What can I get you?"

"Oh, he doesn't drink. He's a Christian scientist. Doesn't even take aspirin. He's a real drag on stakeouts." Dean says making Jamie laugh.

"You're funny." She says.

"I'm a lot more than that. I'd love to get a chance to show you the rest. What time you get off?" Dean asks.

"Ha ha. Like I said, funny." Jamie says, walking away.

"Man, it is time to right some wrongs." Dean says.

"Come again?" Sam asks.

"Look at me. I mean, I came back from the furnace without any of my old scars, right? No bullet wounds, knife cuts, none of the off angled fingers from all the breaks. I mean, my hide is as smooth as a baby's bottom. Which leads me to conclude, sadly... that my virginity is intact."

"Oh. Ugh." Sam quickly covers his daughter's ears, his fingers resting on the top of her head. Carly makes a confused noise, putting her hands over his, pouting at the action.

"What?" Sam asks.

"I have been re-hymenated." Dean states.

"Re--" Sam laughs. "Please. Dean, maybe angels can pull you out of Hell, but no one could do that." He says.

"Brother, I have been re-hymenated. And the dude will not abide." Dean says.

"All right, dude. Well, you go do whatever you got to do, and I'm gonna go back to the room and get some sleep." Sam says. He looks over at the bar, not seeing Miranda.

"Hey." He turns, looking up at Miranda and the guy she was talking to. "Yeah, you're the single parent tonight."

"Wha-- Randi, what are you--"

"She's comfortable with you now. Plus, you made me a single parent for four months, I think you can handle one night." Miranda says, going off with the guy.

"Is she-- she's really--" Sam stammers.

"Hey, man, it's a free country and she is a hot, single woman." Dean says.

"Shut up." Sam grumbles. He picks Carly up and leaves.

+++

Miranda walks into the motel room, rubbing her eyes.

"Hey." Sam greets.

"Hey." She mutters.

"You, uh... what'd you do last night?" Sam asks.

"That's your business, why, exactly?" Miranda questions.

"It's not. I just-- you know, I-- did-- did you and that dude go see a movie or-- or get some pretzels or...?" Sam shrugs.

"Relax, dude. We're not dating anymore, you don't need to know every little thing." Miranda says.

"Right. Yeah, no, I-- I was just... you know, curious." Sam says, trying to act nonchalant.

"Okay, well, don't be. It's weird." Miranda tells him.

"Right." Sam mumbles.

"Carly okay?" Miranda asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, no, she-- she did great. Only woke up once. Gave her some milk, changed her diaper, and she was out like a light again about 20 minutes later." Sam says.

"Good. I'm gonna take a shower." Miranda says.

"You do that." Sam says, giving her a finger gun. Miranda smirks in amusement and gives him a weird look before going into the bathroom, shutting the door. "What the fuck was that?" He whispers to himself.

+++

The three are sitting at a table in the bar and eating. Carly is on her mom's lap and eating some of the fries Miranda gives her.

"I don't know, guys. Looks like we've stumbled onto a midnight showing of Dracula meets Wolf Man. Is that it?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. I mean, Wolf Man seems real enough. Makes Dracula seem a little less impossible, I guess." Sam says.

"Yeah, but werewolves don't grow wolf hair. That's just a myth." Dean says.

"Yeah." Sam agrees.

"So, what? We've got a vampire and a werewolf monster mashing this town?" Dean asks. Jamie walks over, bringing the brothers more beer and Miranda a water.

"Looks like you guys are staying a while. I heard about Rick Deacon." Jamie says.

"Yeah, this case just got weird enough for our department." Dean says.

"Well, drinks are on me. And, just so you know, I get off at midnight tonight." Jamie tells Dean.

"Oh, it's not another, uh, girls' night out?" Dean asks.

"Doesn't have to be." Jamie says.

"Okay, then. I'll see you tonight." Dean says.

"Okay, then." Jamie says, leaving.

"Hey, you think this Dracula could turn into a bat? That would be cool." Dean comments.

+++

Sam and Dean defeated the shifter and are getting ready to leave. Sam and Miranda are waiting for Dean and Jamie to get done making out.

Carly is looking around and starts to look over in Dean's direction.

"Ah-ah-ah. No." Sam quickly covers her face, moving her head to face the opposite direction. "You don't need to be exposed to that so young."

Dean glances back at them and Sam tensely smiles.

"Bye." Dean tells Jamie.

"Bye." She says and the three start to leave.

"You guys saved my life, you know? So, thanks." Jamie says before walking off.

"I like her." Sam says.

"Feels good to be back on the job, doesn't it?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, it does." Sam says.

"The hero gets the girl, monster gets the gank. All in all, happy ending. With a happy ending, no less." Dean says.

"Real classy, Dean." Sam remarks.

"Hey, all I'm saying is the shifter man had a point, you know? It would be nice if life was movie simple. Although, if I was turning life into a movie, I wouldn't do this Abbott and Costello meet the monster shit." Dean says.

"Yeah, no. I know what you'd pick." Sam says.

"No, you don't." Dean argues.

"Yeah, I do." Sam counters.

"No, you don't. You don't!" Dean objects.

"Porky's II." Sam states.

"What?" Dean asks.

"You heard me." Sam says.

"Lucky guess." Dean grumbles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.1K 2.3K 101
[ supernatural -- seasons 9-15 ] Larissa Brewster Series: Habits Iris I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's characters or storylines. I ONLY o...
244K 5.6K 116
[ supernatural -- season 1-5 ] Natalie Winchester Series: Family Line Anti-Hero I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's characters or storylines...
86K 2.5K 25
Spn one shots and preferences where YOU are the main character! NOTE: This series has been discontinued (and has been for nearly two years). Please...
57.4K 2.2K 15
no reason to stay is a good reason to go 𓍒ִ໋ supernatural 𓍒ִ໋ dean winchester x fem!oc 𓍒ִ໋ season one - fifteen 𓍒...