Damaged Raven

By Luc1anjames

Dumbledore was surprised when Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, came to Hogwarts. He expected a saviour, what... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68

chapter 63

1.5K 57 2
By Luc1anjames

James yawned as he entered the kitchen, he found his father and Fleur awake and eating breakfast while reading the newspaper. James was not entirely sure what he was supposed to call Fleur, was he supposed to say 'mum' or 'mother' or something else? James's didn't really like the last person who tried to make him call her mum, she wasn't really nice to him, but Fleur was.

"Are you going to just keep standing there?" Harry asked, looking at James, James blushed before quickly sitting down. He was sat opposite Fleur and on Harry's left seeing as Harry was sat at the end of the table. Food on a plate along with a glass of juice appeared thanks to the house elves.

"Thank you." James whispered before he began eating, he occasionally glanced at his dad and Fleur, but the two seemed content to also just enjoy their meal in silence so he didn't say anything. "I'm finished." James said once he was done. Harry looked at his plate, once he was satisfied that James had eaten a sufficient amount he gently pushed the cup glass into James's hands, he knew that James still hadn't got out of the habit of waiting for permission to eat and then permission to drink but hopefully that would stop sooner rather than later.

"Thank you." James said before he began gulping down his juice, but he stopped when Harry placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Drink slower," Harry replied. "nobody is going to steal your food here."

"S'rry." James mumbled before slowly drinking and taking his time, once he was done he placed his cup down. "Finished." He said in a quiet voice.

"Good," Harry said before he moved the plate and cup out of the way for him, as Harry did that James finally took a good look at the newspaper, he saw the headline which had read 'Fenrir Greyback killed by Harry Potter'. His eyes became comically wide at that, he remembered who Greyback was.

"James, are you alright?" Fleur asked in a concerned voice as she frowned, realization hit her eyes when she saw James looking at the newspaper.

"Kid?" Harry asked as he looked at him.

"You...killed Greyback?" James asked as he gestured to the newspaper. Harry, though calm on the outside, did a mental curse. He was not qualified to explain this shit to a child.

"Yes," Harry sighed. "yes I did."

"He's the man who scratched your face," James said quietly, preparing himself just in case Harry got angry. "is...is that why you killed him?

"No, well it's one reason but it's not the main reason."

"Why then?"

"Because he hurt you kid." Harry answered, surprising James. "You are my family and nobody is allowed to hurt you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to kill someone if they slap you or poke you or something like that. But if someone hurts you like how Greyback hurt you then they're going to pay."

"James," Fleur said in a soft voice. "Greyback was a very dangerous man, he was hurting a lot of people, Arry did what he did to stop him from hurting you and other people again. Do you understand?"

"I...I think so." James nodded.

"Good," Fleur smiled, she stood up and waked around the table to James and held her hand out. "come with me." She said, "I have a surprise for you."

"What kind of surprise?"

"One that I think you will like." Fleur replied. "Come on."

"Do as she says kid." Harry said as he stood up, James took the hint and stood up before grabbing Fleur's hand and allowing her to lead him away into another room. "Should be awake by now." Harry commented.

James blinked at that particular comment before he noticed a grey cage on the floor in the middle of the room. Harry flicked his wand and the cage opened, a few second later a black kitten with purple eyes slowly climbed out.

"Who is that?" James whispered.

"That depends on what you want to call him." Harry answered.

"I can name it?"

"Of course you can, it's yours." Harry answered, surprising James. Harry quickly covered James's mouth when it looked like the body was about to get loud. "Shush, don't make loud noises, you'll scare it." James blushed and mumbled out an apology that was muffled by Harry's hand but was still heard. Harry removed his hand. "We said we were getting you a pet, is the cat alright or should I get you something else?"

"No!" James said quickly, taking care to keep his voice low. "It's fine, is it a boy?"

"Yes, yes it is." Fleur nodded.

"Go say hello and play for a bit," Harry said. "then I'll teach you how to take care of it, but I don't want to tell you again and again so you had better pay attention when I do tell you, got it?"

"Y...yes." James quickly nodded.

"First of all take this," Harry said as Fleur handed James a bowl full of cat food. "we'll start by getting the kitten's trust, then you can make friends with him. Just leave it in front of him and wait for him to go to it."

"Okay." James nodded before walking towards the kitten and doing as he was told.

"Softy." Fleur said under her breath.

"I heard that." Harry responded.

"I don't know what you mean." Fleur said with an innocent face and voice.

"Woman I will spank you so hard." Harry said in a warning tone.

"I look forward to it."

A short while later the whole family was downstairs, all were gladly enjoying the sight of James playing with his kitten. Everyone offered their suggestions for names, Harry who was the least creative suggested 'Cat', 'Black' and 'Kitten'. Eventually it was settled that the kitten would be called 'Kit'. A short while into the playing Kreatcher popped into the room and turned towards Bellatrix.

"Mistress, the werewolf be here." Kreatcher said. James tensed at that, thinking that Kreatcher was referring to a werewolf from Libra.

"What does he want?" Bellatrix frowned.

"He's be saying he wants talking with Master Harry." Kreatcher answered.

"Hmm, Fleur can you and Delphi take James upstairs? Bellatrix, Sirius and I need to have a chat with Lupin." Harry said as he Sirius and Bellatrix stood up and walked into the room where Remus Lupin was standing with a newspaper in his hand.

"Lupin," Harry said, "is there a problem?" He asked in a calm voice, though he was actually ready to send a fireball at Lupin at the first sign of aggression.

"I...I wanted to talk to you about this," Lupin admitted as he held up the newspaper that mentioned how Harry had killed Greyback. "is...is it true?" He asked. "Did you really kill Greyback?" He asked.

"Yeah," Harry nodded. "I did, why? You going to ask me why I didn't 'forgive and spare him' or some shit like that?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What I want to ask is why did you do it?" Remus replied, his face not giving any emotion away. "Why Greyback?"

"I got a reason right here." Harry pointed to the claw marks on his face.

"Greyback was the one who scratched your face?!" Remus asked, eyes widening in surprise.

"Yep," Harry replied, popping the 'P'. "now if that is all then..."

"Wait," Lupin interrupted. "I know that there is more to it than that," He said. "if that was the only reason then you would have killed him ages ago, what was the real reason?"

"Why does it matter to you?"

"It just does, please."

"I don't see why I should tell you."

"Please, I need to know!"

"Why?"

"Because you killed that monster!" Lupin shouted, tears dripping down his eyes. "The man who haunts my nightmares, the one who has caused me more pain and fear than anyone else and you killed him! I have to know why!"

"You want to know why?" Harry asked in a low voice. "Fine, because he was the one who turned my son into a werewolf."

"You killed him because he made your son into a werewolf?"

"I killed him because he hurt him!" Harry snapped, glaring at Remus. "If the world would leave me alone then I would do the same but when it and the people in it come after me and my family then I do not hold back. I don't care if my son was a werewolf, vampire or squib but Greyback harmed my son, that is why I killed him. I know you think that I am a monster who kills each and every person I want but I don't, yes I kill but I only kill when I'm given a reason to do so. I have rules you know, rules that I do my best to follow, I don't attack kids and pregnant women or innocent people.

Greyback's a monster who had been killing and harming people since before you were even born, if not for him then my son would be a ton more healthy, are you going to defend him? Are you going to tell me I should have forgiven him?!" Harry demanded. The room was silent for several minutes before Lupin eventually spoke.

"No," He said in a soft voice. "I...I just wanted to say that...I think I understand now." Remus sighed. "Dumbledore had always said forgive your enemy's but...Greyback wouldn't have stopped, he would never have stopped hurting and killing and turning people. And...I simply wanted to apologies Harry, for everything, I am sorry." Remus said before he bowed his head and left.

"Well..." Bellatrix said after a few moments of silence.. "that was unexpected."

"I think we should give him a week, then I'll go and talk to him." Sirius commented. "Harry, what do you think about all that?"

"Guess you can teach an old wolf new tricks." Harry replied with a small shrug. "I don't know if it will stick though. If he remembers what he learnt then good, if not then I don't really care as long as he stays out of my way."

"And if he doesn't stay out of your way?" Sirius asked, not sure if he really wanted to hear the answer.

"I'll pay for the funeral."

Chloe was currently sat, reading a book in a wooden hut, the hut was currently located in the middle of a forest covered in snow. Chloe had to wait there until Libra sent people to pick her up and take her to her next location, Chloe knew that there was at least five Libra soldiers outside the hut along with five more around the perimeter. They were here to guard her, though she didn't think that was necessary, she was one of the best that Libra had to offer and could more than likely beat those very guards on her own.

Chloe suddenly began thinking about another person who she knew could beat them all, Harry. Harry was her first friend, of course he wasn't her friend now because he was a bit upset with her but she knew that they would eventually get over it and go back to being the best of friends, and then they'd get married and live happily ever after. Plus any kids they had would be far better than that werewolf abomination, she was glad that she hadn't given birth to it.

That child was weak, nothing like Harry at all, he was scared of fire for fuck sakes. And then he actually turned into a werewolf, and the scars on his face didn't even match Harry's! Why couldn't he have been like Harry and just get the right scars? The boy was a weakling and Chloe quite frankly wanted nothing to do with him, though she was resigned to the fact that Harry would probably want to keep him, he was a big softy after all. Honestly, first that bird and now the child. She couldn't help but shake her head at that.

Chloe also knew that Harry was currently in a relationship with that Veela slut, 'Delacour' her name was. Chloe had seen pictures of her and had to admit that the girl was pretty, annoyingly so, Chloe supposed she could understand why Harry was attracted to her. With that being said the girl was still not suitable enough to be Harry's wife, no that spot was reserved for Chloe and nobody else. However, being the brilliant wife that she would eventually be, she would let Harry keep the girl as his pet slut.

Chloe's thoughts were brought back to another blonde, the Lovegood girl, why the hell did Harry have to make such a big fuss over her? He had left Libra after that little weirdo had died, what was up with that? Did Harry simply have a thing for blondes? Hmm, maybe, Chloe was now wondering if she would look good as a blonde.

She barely registered the door opening behind her. She sighed, as she idlily turned the page on her book.

"Can I go yet or what?" She said, not looking up from her book. "It's getting really boring in here." She complained.

Chloe was about to say more, but didn't get the chance to do so as a hand wrapped around her throat, she looked up and saw a skull mask and pair of bright, emerald green eyes staring down at her with a burning fury. A second later Chloe found herself thrown out of the door of the hut and landing harshly on her back, she managed to roll to her feet and jumped back to avoid a fireball that had nearly hit her. She stood, surrounded by large trees and snow.

She looked at Harry who had just walked out of the hut, she thought he looked very impressive, she was really hoping that he would stop this nonsense and just hurry up and get with her, but she supposed that it wasn't too bad if he wanted to play with her a little first.

"So Harry," She said with a smile. "how did you find me?" She asked, her answer came in the form of a squawk, she looked up and saw Harry's raven perched on top of the hut. "Ah, that explains it, hello birdie." She waved at Shadow who looked far from impressed with her. "So Harry," She said to Harry who hadn't yet spoken. "you're looking well."

"I'm going to kill you." Harry said in a calm voice, Chloe shook her head in amusement, as if this was all some funny joke. "But first tell me about my son."

"You mean that little crybaby?" Chloe sighed. "I really don't see why it matters Harry, he's not a good enough son for you Harry. You're a killer, a fighter, a demon, he's a little werewolf mutt. If you want a kid so bad then we can make one together, but let's put that one out of its misery first, or at least give it to the Libra trainers, they just might be able to make him into something useful."

"Chloe." Harry said in a calm voice. "I've just decided something."

"Oh?" Chloe asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm going to rip your throat out." Harry growled before he sent a trio of fireballs at her. Chloe dodged the first, ducked under the second, then dispelled the third with a right hook.

"Okay, you want to play Harry," Chloe grinned. "let's play."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 10.2K 68
By: justbored21 Dumbledore was surprised when Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, came to Hogwarts. He expected a saviour, what he got was a damaged boy...
43.4K 1.8K 3
Lighting without thunder. Night without day. One without the other would be unnatural. An anomaly. A warning. A battle cry. Lightning would serve as...
83.1K 3K 33
"Nothing was ever given to me. I've had to fight my way to survive. I was thrown to the wolves, yet I came back leading the pack. I'm as smart as the...
497K 14.2K 54
―𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦 (𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯) 𝘢 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤 �...