Damaged Raven

By Luc1anjames

Dumbledore was surprised when Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, came to Hogwarts. He expected a saviour, what... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68

chapter 41

3.1K 90 23
By Luc1anjames

The three alphas, kneeled on the floor, not making a noise, the only noise that could be heard was the memory playing on the pensive. Water, Air and Earth watched the challenges given to Harry Potter with great interest.

They thought that the boy was incredibly cleaver, his 'work smarter, not harder' line was one they could appreciate. Instead of going through a whole building of Libra men he decided to bring down the building instead. The sky was the limit when it comes to intelligence and imagination, the boy had quite a lot. In a single idea he managed to not only showcase his intelligence and power but also made himself look better than the others and save valuable time and energy.

The boy was intelligent, skilled, he handled pain better those older than him, he was creative, fast, strong and adaptive. Yes, the boy was the prime example of what they wanted in their Libra soldiers. He didn't waste time trying to look fancy, he didn't hesitate, he acted. It was later when they had discovered that one of the knives the boy brought with him were filled with venom, an ingenious idea.

Eventually the memory ended, but the alphas didn't move nor did they even consider moving. They stayed as silent as ever.

"Ha" A voice chuckled "I am impressed. Tell me, did you think the boy would survive? Be honest"

"I wasn't sure" Air alpha admitted.

"I thought it was a possibility" Water alpha replied "after all the boy did defeat our members before and he was holding his own against the one called Voldemort.

"I did not" Earth admitted honestly "I expected the possibility of him surviving the first challenge but being very tired and worn out by it before he entered the second. There I expected him to meet his end."

"Your honesty is appreciated" The voice said softly "what did you think of the boy before the challenges?"

"A traitor" Air answered "someone who needed to be made an example of."

"I had believed the boy to be arrogant enough to think his power and skill were enough to defy us" Earth confessed.

"I wasn't sure what to think of the boy" Water replied "though I do think he was brave enough to come to us or at least smart enough to realise how futile it would be to try and hide. I also admired how the boy didn't beg like others would have done."

"What do you mean?" The voice asked with an interested voice.

"Others would have begged for their lives, let lose something about how they were sorry and then ask for another chance. Others would have just accepted their death and asked for mercy by requesting a quick death. The boy said that if we had approached him earlier then he would have accepted death but now he has apparently found purpose in his life thanks to other people. In his own words he said 'I don't care if I have to defeat Voldemort or the three of you, I will survive for them'.

"Yes" Earth nodded "he did say that, but that wasn't the most interesting part."

"It was the way he said it" Air continued "he said it with such determination that we couldn't help but consider it a possibility. The boy could be much more impressive if he had continued training with us instead of leaving at such a young age"

"How interesting" The voice remarked "I must say that I am glad that Potter was my pick."

"Forgive me for asking" Water said in a soft voice "but pick for what?"

"Now, now my friend. that would be telling"

"Another question then" Earth spoke, realising the last question wasn't going to be answered "why is the boy so knowledgeable? We've seen his fights against Voldemort and our own members, his elemental techniques are perfect, better than some of our current betas."

"I'm not entirely sure" The voice confessed "all I know is he wasn't trained the same way as our regular soldiers."

"Why?"

"Because HE saw something in the boy" The voice replied "and he is rarely wrong."

"Hi Del" Harry said as he arrived in the common room in the morning.

"Hi Harry" Delphi smiled. "How'd you sleep?"

"With my eyes closed, now let's go." Harry answered without missing a beat. "Come on, let's go." Harry said walking out of the entrance with Shadow on his shoulder and Delphi following behind as she rolled her eyes.

"Aren't you going to ask how I slept?"

"Unless you've recently become a bat animagus then I would imagine just like everyone else."

"You're infuriating"

"Actually I'm Harry" Harry replied, she turned and glared at him "love you Delphi" he added in a cheeky voice and tapped her on the nose.

"Just keep walking" She said, glare still on her face.

Silence filled the hall when Harry walked in for breakfast, everyone stopped and looked at him. This time both Harry and Delphi rolled their eyes, the to just ignored everyone and took their seats and began eating just as Fay, Daphne and Tracy arrived.

"Hi guys" Fay said as they sat down.

"Hi" Harry and Delphi replied.

"So...I'm guessing people still haven't gotten over having you in the school" Tracy said to Harry as she glanced around the hall.

"Blame Dumbledore" Harry shrugged "besides it's only for this year."

"I don't suppose we could convince you to stay" Fay asked with a slightly sad tone.

"Sorry" Harry shook his head "but after this year I've got to spend my time dealing with crazy assassins, that's why I'm spending the year training if I'm not spending time with you guys."

"What are your plans for training?" Daphne asked.

"I've got to keep my hand to hand combat strong" Harry replied "Libra trains all of their members in hand to hand combat, can't get sloppy there. I'm fine in my knowledge of spells but I'm still going to keep learning, in short I have to keep up on my hand to hand and magic. But I also plan to train with weapons, I know how to use a few but I think it's best if I brush up on them."

"What weapons do you know how to use?" Fay asked.

"My wand and my body obviously but I also know how to pretty much any weapon. I've mastered nun chucks, staffs,knives, swords, tonfas, Sai's, throwing stars along with a variety of throwing weapons, the bow and arrow..."

"Whoa hold up!" Tracy held him up "where did you learn all of that?"

"Libra"

"But you were only there for like two or three years, how did you learn all of that is such a short amount of time?" Daphne asked.

"The guy who taught me was a good teacher" Harry shrugged and went back to his food, The girls knew they weren't going to get anymore out of him at this point so decided not to annoy him.

Dolores Umbridge, undersecretary to the minister of magic, defence against the dark arts teacher, lover of pink, lover of cats and lover of pink cats was currently sitting behind her desk waiting for the fifth year class to arrive. Dolores needed to use this opportunity and try and get the Potter brat to assist, now more than ever. The argument that the brat had made at the sorting feast was already making the news, people all around the country were commenting on how their government seemed to be relying on an old man, Albus Dumbledore, when they weren't forcing teenagers to do their work.

It was important to get the boy on their side, Cornelius's carrier depended on it and therefore her own carrier depended on it. She wasn't sure if the replacement minister would like her, it was entirely possible that she ended up working under some mudblood lover. And that was IF she even managed to keep her job, she had made quite a few enemies over the years and she knew that she'd be screwed if the new minister was one of them. She had to do this, and if she didn't do this then she would look bad in front of the minister.

"We need to get the boy to work with us" Fudge said as he sat behind his desk, opposite him was Dolores Umbridge and Percy Weasley. Fudge had decided to give Percy the job after Voldemort's return, he needed to be on good terms with Dumbledore and he figured helping out a son of a family that Dumbledore was friends with could be beneficial in the long run, plus the boy knew how to do his job so it wasn't like he lost anything. "Percival, you went to school with the boy, correct?"

"Yes sir" Percy nodded "for about three years"

"Tell us about him" Fudge ordered

"Of course" Percy adopted a thoughtful look "well I was the Gryffindor fifth year prefect when Harry Potter arrived at Hogwarts, many were expecting him to go to Gryffindor, like his parents."

"Go on" Fudge nodded, listening carefully.

"Well when he first arrived everyone was surprised to see him wearing a mask," Percy continued "in fact it was the same mask that he wears now, a skull mask. Anyway at his turn he goes up to the sorting hat, he then removes his mask and needless to say everyone was very shocked when they saw his face. Then the hat was placed on and he went to Ravenclaw. After that I didn't spend any time with him thanks to the age and house difference, but within the first week there were rumours going around about him."

"What kind of rumours?"

"Some about how his face was damaged, others about him being a genius and magical prodigy. He kept to himself for the most part, or at least I'm told that he kept to himself. The only friends he had was a girl named Delphi Riddle and a bird that stuck to him, a raven I believe, I've heard that it's his familiar."

"Impossible" Umbridge said with disbelief "only powerful witches and wizards get familiars"

"The boy IS powerful" Fudge reminded her "he did fight you-know-who after all, continue Percival."

"Yes, well he had also become friends with a Gryffindor girl, I don't recall her first name but I believe her last was Dunbar or something like that. I'm not entirely sure when the friendship started but the girl was known to hang out with him. Anyway, during his first week Mr Potter had run into a snag with Professor Snape, all throughout the school people began gossiping about how Professor Snape had been attacked by Harry Potter, it was only later that I got the details from the daily prophet and a friend of mine in Hufflepuff who knew some of the witnesses in that class. Shortly after that another rumour was spread about how he had never wanted to come to Hogwarts and only attended because Professor Dumbledore made him.

He is an incredibly smart and gifted boy, or at least that's what I gathered from listening to the lower year Gryffindor's complain about him out doing them in class. Everyone also called him a loner who preferred to stick with his limited amount of friends. There was also news being spread around the school about Mr Potter getting into an argument with Professor McGonagall, apparently he had reduced her to tears." Percy finished in a disapproving voice.

"Really?" Fudge blinked, knowing exactly what type of woman McGonagall was.

"I'm not sure how true it is" Percy admitted "though she did take some time off around when that rumour started. I've also heard that Mr Potter wasn't getting along with two of the Gryffindor's in his year, one muggleborn called Hermione Granger and my youngest brother."

"What happened?" Fudge asked while Umbridge wrinkled her nose when she heard muggleborn.

"I'm not sure what happened with Miss Granger but I believe it to be something that happened due to her being jealous of him outperforming her in class" Percy explained, Fudge nodded while Umbridge let out a small smile. Potter may be a half-blood but in her opinion that was still one step better than muggleborns and they should be put in their place. "As for my brother, I'm not sure but I believe that he tried to befriend him but for some reason he refused. Now, where was I...ah yes, after first year me and my family bumped into Mr Potter when buying books, there was a confrontation involving Lucius Malfoy."

"Malfoy?" Fudge repeated.

"Yes, he was saying something to Potter when before leaving though I wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying at the time. After that I had heard interesting rumours of the boy befriending two Slytherin girls"

"You hear a lot of rumours" Fudge couldn't help comment.

"As a prefect I listened to rumours in case it involved something that I had to sort out" Percy replied, Fudge blinked for a second before nodding approvingly. "Plus when a rumour spreads about Harry Potter then ALL of the school hears it. Anyway, most weren't really sure what to make of that, seeing the boy who wanted to be left alone suddenly befriend Slytherin's. Not that there's anything wrong with that" Percy added quickly "but the younger kids do be a bit prejudiced. then there was the mess with Lockhart, I'm sure you've both heard of that." The two nodded. "Yes, well then there was the trial where Mr Potter..."

"We know" Umbridge cut him off. Both Fudge and herself remembered that trial quite clearly, so did every person at that trial.

Okay, well there was that plus Sirius Black which you also know about. In his third year there was a rumour talking about what his boggart had turned into. According to my brother his bogart turned into himself strapped into what was apparently a torture chair. Though with the knowledge we have about him now I suspect that may have actually happened."

"Yes" Fudge frowned "it's possible that those 'Libra' folks have tortured him."

"Yes" Percy nodded "after that the rumours were soon replaced with people wondering who his girlfriend was."

"His girlfriend?"

"Ah yes, a girl that my brothers had told me was the champion of the Beuaxbaton school and daughter of the French minister of magic." Fudge's eyes widened in surprise. "Then there was the unfortunate incident with Peter Pettigrew" Percy shuddered "he used to be my rat you know" he said with a haunted look before he shook his head clear and continued "I...I was there. Pettigrew had suddenly appeared on the Gryffindor table then was attacked by Harry Potter before he was stunned and levitated out by Professor Dumbledore."

"Describe Mr Potters attack" Umbridge said, she and Fudge were both surprised when they saw Percy wince and cross his legs.

"Let us just say that it will take a miracle for Pettigrew to have children and leave it at that." Percy said "anyway, after that Sirius Black was released and then nothing happened until the end of year exams. After the results were posted Mr Potter had got into another argument with the muggleborn I had mentioned before, apparently she was upset that Mr Potter had beaten her. I don't know exactly what she did but from what I heard it was apparently enough to get Potter to slam her against a wall and punch her in the face." Fudge gasped while Umbridge supressed a smirk at the thought of what she thought was a well deserved reminder to mudbloods to remember their places. "He was sent home early for that. The next year I had left school but then there was the mess at the world cup and the tournament. Anything else I've heard has been from what I've read on the newspapers. In summary the boy is powerful, intelligent, rebellious and has a bit of a temper. "

"Hmm" Fudge adopted a thoughtful look "this'll be tough. It's vital we get him to cooperate with us. Currently there is an opening for a defence against the dark arts teacher, again, that presents us with an opportunity. I'm hoping to have one of ours take the position, if that person is capable of convincing Potter then he or she will be highly rewarded."

"Highly rewarded?" Umbridge perked up "Well how about me?"

"You?" Fudge's surprise was followed by Percy's outburst of "You?!"

"I am the undersecretary to the minister of magic" Umbridge stated proudly "surely convincing a boy that adults know best is child's play in comparison to getting this position."

"True" Fudge hummed.

"Umm...are you sure about this?" Percy asked carefully, if he himself could barely put up with her then he doubted the short-tempered Harry Potter would last more than a week before he tried to kill her.

"What do you mean?" Umbridge narrowed her eyes and Percy instantly knew he had to chose his words carefully if he valued his job, which he did.

"It's just that Albus Dumbledore himself couldn't gain the boy's allegiance" Percy explained quickly.

"I am not Dumbledore" Umbridge sniffed "he is merely a school headmaster" She added and Percy resisted the urge to point out that Dumbledore also had two high level positions in the ministry.

"Are you sure about this Dolores?" Fudge asked as he stared at her.

"Very sure" Umbridge nodded. After all, she deals with politicians, what's one boy in comparison?

"Fine" Fudge stood up and made his way to the door "I shall get you the position as soon as possible, remember to make a good impression, oh and Dolores..." Fudge stopped halfway out of the door and turned to her "...if you ruin this then you had better resign before I fire you." With that he left the room.

Umbridge was brought out of her thoughts when she blinked and saw the class had arrived and sat down. She noticed that Potter had sat at the back with the girl that she learnt was Bellatrix's daughter. Once they were sat down Umbridge stood up and walked around to the front of her desk.

"Good morning class" She said in a cheery voice. The class had half-heartedly replied. "Now, now, that won't do at all. I said good morning class"

"Good morning Professor Umbridge" The class reluctantly replied.

"Much better" She said with an annoyingly wide smile and a small giggle "now your previous teachers have been quite...varied...would anyone like to tell me about them?"

"The first one was useless, the second was a useless rapist, the third was a good teacher but an idiot and the fourth was a good teacher but also crazy as shit" Harry offered, he neglected to mention that he had found out that the Moody that year was in fact a death eater in disguise who had managed to escape. It came in handy having a godfather who knew how to get information, Sirius knew Moody before the war and met with after the year had finished so he could get more information on what had happened. When Moody seemed reluctant Sirius backed off...shortly before bringing out the fire whiskey. He had got Moody so drunk and had him tell the truth about what happened and at the end of it the man was too drunk to remember the conversation, let alone say the words 'constant vigilance'. Needless to say Harry was never going to let Dumbledore live that down.

"Uh...thank you Mr Potter" Umbridge said, not sure how to respond. "Well now that you-know-who is back, the minister has made it a priority to arm you all in defence. That's why I am here" Umbridge paused and smiled, after a few seconds it became clear that she was expecting something along the lines of clapping and or smiling, when that didn't happen she decided to ignore it and continue. "You should know that as long as you're in my classroom, you will not have to worry. No harm will come to you while I am here.

Now how about a demonstration, Mr Potter, please come up to the front and demonstrate..."

"No" Harry cut her off.

"What?"

"I have not a performing monkey, ask someone else" Harry responded, sure he may have sounded childish but he understood what this was. Umbridge was trying to assert dominance and order him around, she was also trying to show the two working together. It was a little thing but he would not allow her even that, if he did then he'd end up being their poster boy when all those little things build up, plus she was trying to show him off like a pony and...he had already sat down and did not have the effort to get back up.

"Perhaps another time" Umbridge said with a smile "for now read your books." She turned so they wouldn't see the scowl on her face and walked to the front. She had sat down after making sure everyone had read the assigned books, she began thinking about how to bring the brat to their side. She obviously could not threaten him, he could perhaps be bribed. Her eyes then glanced towards the Delphi who sat next to him. 'Hmm' She thought 'a good backup if bribing doesn't work'.

"Alright why are they here?" Harry gestured to the group of students that were following him, Delphi, Fay, Tracy and Daphne.

"Don't blame us" Daphne replied "I don't know how but somehow they heard you were going to go train and they want to watch."

"Alright, well I'll just kill them then" Harry suggested.

"No Harry, you can't kill them" Delphi sighed.

"Fine, seriously harm them" Harry amended.

"You can't do that either" Fay said.

"Scare them off?" Harry asked hopefully.

"Wouldn't make you look good" Tracy replied.

"And I care about that because?" Harry questioned and all four girls glared at him. "Fine, spoil my fun."

"Well we can't go to the 'room' with them all following us around" Daphne pointed out as she glanced back at the crowd, room clearly referring to the room of requirement.

"How about the lake?" Fay suggested. The girls looked at Harry.

"That would work" He sighed.

"Great, let's go there then." Tracy said.

"Good" Delphi smiled.

"Fleur would have let me kill them" Harry complained "well, let's go."

Soon the group arrived at the lake, Harry glanced at the crowd of students that followed them then at Delphi. Delphi had known Harry long enough to understand what he was feeling by simply looking at him, currently 'can I burn them a little?' was the unasked question coming from him. Harry had known Delphi long enough to understand what she was feeling by simply looking at her, 'no' was the unspoken answer coming from her right now.

"Can you insufferable prats please go away?" Harry asked the group with strained politeness.

"Harry" Delphi admonished lightly, apparently it wasn't polite enough. She then turned to the group. "Look Harry want's to train so can you all please just leave?"

"But...but we want to watch!" One student protested.

"Do I look like a performing dog to you?!" Harry growled, his eyes blazing, causing the whole group to back away.

"Calm down Harry" Fay said, patting his arm. She had grown rather numb to the sensation of Harry's blazing eyes, at least when they weren't turned on her.

"Fine" Harry said through gritted teeth, he looked at the group with a glare that could melt steel "I will be nice. So you guys want to watch?" He asked with a small smile, a few of the group nervously nodded. "Well you should know that I tend to get in the zone when I practise, when I'm in the zone I tend to burn people, and I am reaching dangerously close to being in the zone. I have fought Voldemort and soon I will have to deal with a bunch of murdering assassins, I am pissed off so ask yourself if you really want to be here and annoy me when my mood can currently be described as 'murderous'?" The students had frozen and seemed to be debating over if they did or not, Harry decided to speed up their answers by shooting out a jet of fire at their feet. Two seconds later they all started running away. "Done" Harry said, he turned back to see the girls giving him disapproving looks "what?"

"You call that nice?" Fay gestured to the running group.

"I didn't directly threaten them" Harry shrugged uncaringly "merely warned them of a hazard, saved their lives if anything. Much more than you lot did."

"You've been a lot more agitated lately" Delphi noted.

"Sorry" Harry sighed "it's a side effect of the animagus transformation. According to Sirius it'll last for another month or so, then I'll be back to my regular self. Personally I can't wait, control is important, especially for me."

"What's is that supposed to mean?"

"When I go berserk I sort of have a tendency to focus on nothing but the reason for me going berserk. Now do us a favour and get us some small balls ready."

"What?" Delphi asked

"Why do you want those?" Daphne asked

"What's that got to do with training?" Tracy asked next.

"How are we supposed to get them?" Fay asked.

"Small balls" Harry said to Delphi, he then turned to Daphne ,"I want them so I can train" he then turned to Tracy "I am going to use them as target practise." and then he turned to Fay. "As for you, are you or are you four not witches that go to a magical school?" He asked sarcastically.

"Oh" Fay nodded in understanding, though her face was a little red from embarrassment.

"First I want to practise speed shooting with my wand" Harry said "then I am going to practise the bow and arrow."

"You're going to conjure them?" Delphi asked.

"Nope" Harry said as he pulled a silver ring out of his pocket and placed it on his left middle finger.

"What's that?" Tracy asked.

"It's a ring" Harry joked, though he continued when the girls started glaring at him, he noticed that they were making a habit of that. "It's a ring that Libra produces, really advanced magic."

"They gave it to you?" Daphne asked.

"Oh fuck no, I stole it" Harry answered "it's a ring that they give to their best archers, not many Libra men have them. I haven't used it in years but I figure now's a good time to restart. You see when you activate it..." The ring transformed, Harry's hand was suddenly covered in the same material as the ring and a bow rose up from his palm, the middle part of it stuck to his hand Harry used his other hand and pulled on the string and an arrow formed. "Advantages are it adjusts to your strength and all that, it also comes out and disappears rather quickly and makes its own arrows. Disadvantage, the hand you put the ring on is stuck to the bow, if the bow breaks then my hand is likely to go with it, I can't really use my left hand now and I don't look as cool without a quiver."

"What exactly do you need it for though?" Fay asked "I mean you've got your wand and those elemental abilities of yours"

"Libra has the same" Harry answered "Plus I'm not going to use this all the time, just occasionally so I don't get to dependent on my wand and to help keep my aim good. Plus it's good for long range which could be helpful in the future." Harry shook his hand and the bow turned back into a ring "anyway, first get some balls ready and we'll practise with my wand first." The girls waved their wands and made some tennis balls. "Alright, throw them, start with one each and one at a time"

"Got it" Delphi replied.

The girls threw a ball each, one at a time like Harry said, Harry had easily shot each ball in mid-air. They then repeated two more times before they threw them all at the same time, this time Harry managed to shoot all four balls before they hit the floor. They then repeated except they added another ball, they kept going with the plan to add another ball every time Harry easily shot the current amount, when they got to a number he struggled with they would stick with it until he no longer struggled with it then added another ball.

"Alright that's enough with the wand" Harry said about half an hour later, Harry placed his wand away and got his bow out again. He pulled on the string and an arrow formed. "Alright, go from one" He told them. They then repeated the process with the bow, Harry was a bit rusty but still an incredible shot. They practised for about forty minutes.

"That's amazing" Tracy said once they were done.

"Thanks" Harry nodded 'ever since becoming an animagus my eyesight's got a ton better. But I've also got a slight craving for meat."

"Yeah but that's not true is it?" Delphi said to Fay as the two walked down the corridor, Daphne and Tracy were currently in lessons while Harry was out flying with Shadow in his animagus form.

"I think it could be" Fay shrugged "I mean if you go fast enough then..."

"Oohmpf" Delphi said when they turned the corner and she had accidently bumped into someone "sorry, I..." She trailed off when she saw that she had bumped into Umbridge. "Oh...sorry professor"

"You should be watching where you're going" Umbridge admonished, a smile on her face and a glint in her eye.

"Well...I'm sorry" Delphi repeated.

"Yes, you are" Umbridge nodded "but you still need to learn, I think a detention is in order."

"But it was an accident" Fay protested.

"Ten points for Gryffindor for answering back" Umbridge sneered at Fay before turning to Delphi with a smile "come along now"

"But I..." Delphi's protest were interrupted by Umbridge grabbing her arm and pulling her away.

"You don't have any lessons so you can serve it with me now" She said.

"Harry!" Fay said just as Harry landed in the owlery and reverted back to human, he had saw her and could tell that she looked quite upset.

"What's up?" He asked. She grabbed his hand and began pulling him with her as she lead him out.

"It's Delphi" Fay said "Umbridge gave her detention"

"What for?" Harry narrowed his eyes as he followed her.

"For bumping into her, but then when Delphi came back she was bleeding"

"What?!" Harry growled and quickened his pace. Eventually the two reached the lake where Delphi was sitting under a tree, Daphne on her right and Tracy on her left. Harry quickly ran and slid to his knees in front of her. "Delphi" he said as he placed his hands on both sides of her face and made her look at him "what happened?" He asked, voice calm yet eyes blazing.

"I...I had detention" Delphi started, her teary eyes did not help.

"With Umbitch, I know, go on" Harry encouraged her.

"Well she was basically telling me to help convince you to work with her" Delphi continued "I called her out on it and she got upset. Some insults were thrown out, she then...well..."

"Look at her hand" Daphne said softly.

"No the other one" Tracy added when Harry glanced at the wrong hand. Harry looked at the hand and saw it was bleeding.

"Okay" Harry said with forced calmness. "You have one minute to explain before I go down and destroy her office."

"She told me to write with this quill, a blood quill, I refused then she threaten mum" Delphi said.

"I beg your pardon?" Harry blinked.

"She said that she knows the minister and she'd get him to throw mum in Azkaban and tell everyone she committed a crime" Delphi confessed "she said everyone would believe it."

"Right, go somewhere where people can see you so you have an alibi, excuse me" Harry said as he got up and walked off.

"Harry, where are you going?!" Delphi shouted.

"You know the answer!" Harry shouted back.

Umbridge was currently in her office, incredibly pissed off. Things had not gone to plan at all, she was hoping to convince the girl to help, after all who wouldn't want to help the ministry? She had even offered her a future job but it didn't work! Some things were said, the girl even insulted her, Umbridge had lost her patience and in a moment of rage she had threatened the girl's mother and made her write with a blood quill. She regretted it instantly but it as done now.

She shouldn't have lost her temper but she was not used to being talked to like that. She would have to work hard now, it looks like she might end up failing in her task.

Umbridge was suddenly interrupted from her thoughts when she felt another presence in the room, a second later a hand grabbed her by the back of her head, causing her eyes to widen in fear. Umbridge didn't even get the chance to make a noise before her head was slammed on the desk. Her right hand was then pulled on to the desk, and she suddenly felt a huge cut appear on her hand.

She looked up with watery eyes and saw Harry Potter, he waved his wand and ropes formed, tying her wrist to the desk. He reached for her cup of tea and poured it all over the cut on her hand, she screamed in pain but quickly realised that she couldn't hear herself, meaning Potter must have put a silencing charm on.

Harry growled before bringing his elbow up then smashing it down onto Umbridge's hand, she screamed again and Harry repeated that action several times. Once he was done he walked over to the door, he slammed it shut before placing a variety of locking and silencing spells to guarantee he wouldn't be interrupted. He turned back to see Umbridge pull out her wand, he quickly aimed his own and destroyed hers, ending splinter flying everywhere.

"We're alone" Harry smiled at her, letting out a little laugh as he did so "you see people forget. They forget that it doesn't matter if an animal is in a cage or a jungle, it's still an animal. They forget that people who kill can still kill. They forget that I used to be an assassin. What people also forget is I get pissed off easily." Umbridge tried speaking but couldn't due to the silencing spell "Yeah, yeah, look shut up. Nobody likes you when you talk anyway, you see I care for little and you harmed one of the few people I do care about and threatened another. Can I tell you the really scary part?" Harry asked as he walked up to her "You're sitting there, wondering what I'm going to do to you...but even I am not sure what's going to happen next."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 67 34
Adopted from @potterqueen !FEMALEHARRY !DUMBLEDOREBASHING !WEASLEYBASHING/MOLLY BASHING !gooddarkside WARNINGS Abuse Depressing Dark side harry possi...
867K 21.6K 64
Professor Dumbledore and Professor Mcgonagall came late into the night to save you from your father. They would be taking you out of Ilvermorny and t...
432K 19.8K 37
After the war Harry distances himself from everyone, feeling empty. He spends a year in solitude, only writing letters to communicate. When he's fina...
237K 7.5K 32
a sword, a boggart, a phoenix, A Psychopathic Future Dark Wizard? As Hermione Granger is starting her sixth year at Hogwarts, she accidental...