Damaged Raven

By Luc1anjames

Dumbledore was surprised when Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, came to Hogwarts. He expected a saviour, what... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68

chapter 28

3.7K 125 11
By Luc1anjames

Harry's eyes opened slowly, they felt heavy, he blinked couple of times before he was able to get them open. It was even harder with that bloody bright light shining in his face. His eyes took a few moments to adapt to the sudden light. The first thing he realised was that he was lying on a bed, the walls and ceiling were white so he guessed that he was in a hospital. He noticed that he had something in his right hand. He looked to his right and found a rather interesting sight.

Fleur Delacour was sat on a chair next to his bed, her hand in his, her arms were crossed on the bed and her head resting on them, it looks like she had fallen asleep. It was then that Harry noticed he had been tied to the bed, his feet and hands had been strapped down and there was another strap across his chest. Harry took in a deep breath, when he let it out it was accompanied by a small jet of flames that burned through all of his straps.

"Fleur" Harry said to Fleur "Fleur? Fleur wake up...don't you fucking ignore me. Fleur wake up"

"Arry?" Fleur said sleepily, a second later her head snapped up and she looked at Harry "Arry!" She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a passionate kiss, once she was done her head began resting on his shoulder as tears dripped out her eyes.

"Hey Fleur" Harry yawned "what the hell happened?"

"The British aurors" Fleur sniffed as she spoke in French "they put you to sleep and took you to this hospital. They questioned me and Papa and Gabrielle and a few other people on what happened. I don't know what they're going to do. Your godfather and Bellatrix were here along with your friends."

"How long have i been asleep?"

"Only ten hours i think" Fleur said as she removed her head from his shoulder and looked at him "you were badly hurt. You have bruises on your skin, marks, cuts, they think you were hit with a whip"

"I was, what else?" Harry asked

"Broken bones as well" Fleur sniffed "Harry, you were hurt"

"Get us some water please" Harry asked in English, Fleur nodded, she wiped her eyes and returned a few seconds later with a glass of water which she handed to Harry. "Thanks" Harry said he took a sip and then threw the rest of it over his head.

"Arry, what are you doing?" Fleur asked, her eyes widened as she watched the water spread around Harry's body "what's happening?"

"The water's healing me" Harry said as the water spread all across his body "can I have some more please?"

"Uh...okay" Fleur quickly rushed and got another cup of water "here Arry"

"Thanks" Harry grabbed the cup and tossed it over himself, a minute later Harry was dry and the water.

"That's amazing!" Fleur said when Harry stood up and didn't seem be even a little in pain "You can heal anything with just water?"

"Nearly everything" Harry gestured to the burns and scratches on his face, though he had a smile so Fleur didn't think he was upset or complaining.

"Harry!" A voice called, he and Fleur turned to see Delphi, Sirius and Bellatrix enter the room "Oh my god Harry!" Delphi rushed forwards and pulled Harry into a hug.

"Hey Del" Harry said as he returned the hug.

"You complete and utter prat!" She sobbed into his shoulder "What the hell do you think you were doing?!" She demanded once she let go.

"That's what I'd like to know." Sirius said before he and Bellatrix gave Harry a pair of very emotional hugs. "What the hell was going on in your mind when you ran into that forest?!"

"Something along the lines of 'die motherfucker, die'" Harry answered.

"Harry, this isn't a joke!" Bellatrix glared at him.

"Fine" Harry sighed "I was thinking that Fleur was in danger and I wanted to save her"

"Harry, that's great and I'm glad that Fleur is okay but there were better ways than to risk your life" Sirius said.

"Oh really?" Harry raised an eyebrow "Should I have asked any of the cowards that were running away from a group that the outnumbered? In fact, they're running caused more chaos than if just a few of them were bothered enough to fire a few spells. Should I have asked the aurors that either weren't there, busy dealing with the crowd or trying to do who knows what? The pricks couldn't even show up until I was done. Besides, I could have easily handled a few death eaters, when I learnt that the Libra assassin were there then that's when I knew the aurors would be even more useless."

"What?!" Bellatrix blurted out "Libra was there?!" Her face full of shock, surprise and a little bit of terror.

"Who the hell are Libra?!" Sirius demanded to know.

"They...they were who Harry lived with..." Bellatrix spoke in a soft voice "before I found him. Sirius, Harry told me stories about them, this is not good!"

"Mr Potter" A new voice called just as a doctor entered followed by two aurors "the wards told us you were awake and...good merlin...you shouldn't be out of bed! You need to heal!"

"I am healed" Harry shrugged

"You most definitely are not" The Doctor frowned

"Check me then" Harry spread his arms "check me right now"

"Goodness me, fine" The Doctor rolled his eyes and performed a diagnosis spell "you see, you have...wait a sec" His face became one of confusion when he saw that Harry was perfectly fine, he tried the spell again, and again, and again. "H...how...how are you better"

"Well, I am, so can I leave now?" Harry asked.

"We apologise Mr Potter" One auror said "but seeing as you're better, we'd like to start questioning you on the events of last night."

"You can wait for his lawyer first" Sirius said as he grabbed Harry and guided him back to his bed "you just rest until Andi get's here" He said just as Harry got on the bed.

"But Mr Black..." The auror began protesting.

"Do you need something to eat Harry?" Bellatrix cut him off.

"Yes please" Harry nodded "A sandwich will be fine, no crust please"

"Mr Potter" The auror started again.

"I'll have one too" Delphi smiled

"Goddamn it" The auror groaned and walked out the room, followed by the other one.

"That my dear is how you annoy people until they leave you alone" Sirius winked at Fleur "a useful skill"

"This is going to be boring, isn't it?" Harry asked in a resigned voice as he and Andromeda entered the courtroom. Sirius, Delphi and Bellatrix sat in the viewing area. The former had already given their statements on what happened.

"Yep" Andromeda nodded "sorry about that but this is what you get for playing hero"

"Hero, so overrated" Harry said shaking his head. The two walked forward.

"He has to sit over there" One person, pointing from Harry to the chair in the centre of the court. Harry stiffened at the sight of the chair, it was old and wooden and it had chains attached to it.

"Harry?" Andromeda asked, she followed his eye line and saw the chair "ah, don't worry Harry" She then turned to the person "no, he will not. I will provide him with his own chair" She waved her wand and a new chair was made.

"Hey! You can't do that, you..."

"My client is uncomfortable just looking at that chair, I will not have him sit in it" Andromeda gave the man an icy glare "remove that chair or I'll do it, I am not allowing you all to give my client a panic attack just because you are too lazy to get a new chair."

"Hmm, fine" The man huffed and walked off to get rid of the chair.

"Thank you" Harry said appreciatively.

"Anytime dear" Andromeda smiled "now Madam Marchbank is going to be the judge as it was clear that Dumbledore and the minister would not be the best choice. Just remember to be respectful and..." Andromeda stopped when Harry gave her a look that said everything from 'are you kidding me?' to 'do you even know who I am?' "...well...just be as good as you can"

"Fine" Harry sighed and took his seat.

An hour or so later, Harry was still in the chair and he was massaging his temples as a massive headache had made it's way into his head. He had answered a few questions, then the court decided to bring out a pensive. While pensives aren't usually used in court, it appeared that today they decided to make an exception. So Harry and the other witnesses which included, Granger, the Weasley's and Longbottom, the former two came with their families while the later had arrive with McGonagall who was the acting magical guardian of her and all muggleborn Gryffindor's until she was of age. Dumbledore was also there because...reasons? Harry wasn't sure, though the man was in the guest section so he probably couldn't interfere much

The memories were placed in the pensive which began projecting to the whole court. It started with Harry getting rid of Sirius and Delphi being transported away by Shadow, something which surprised everyone as they learnt that Harry's familiar was no ordinary bird. They also had varying levels of shock when Harry snuck up on Draco Malfoy who was laughing as people ran in terror, their shocks increased when he began interrogating Draco and Draco admits to his father and his death eater friends being the ones behind the attack and hiring assassins. Funnily enough Malfoy didn't attend today.

Many were shocked when they first saw the boy-who-lived easily kill three assasins, after watching his first fight with the assassins they were amazed, in awe and terrified at seeing Harry Potter fight assassins with wandless magic being used by himseld and the assasins. Harry's comment about the death eaters getting their masks from Libra assassins caught the attention of many people, especially Dumbledore.

They continued to watch as Harry fought and killed the Libra assasins, many couldn't believe seeing the boy-who-lived use parsletounge to help him kill the assasins. A few people nearly vomited when they saw Harry pull out the throat out of the one girl. Harry barely held back a smirk, when he saw the minister look a bit green.

When it got to Harry's battle with the Beta, people were beyond impressed and the word 'shocked' didn't seem to do justice to how they felt. His easy way of sending flames bigger than people made people suddenly a lot more terrified at being in a room with the boy who could shoot flames out of his hand and mouth. Eventually it got to the end where Harry cut the throat of the beta and was lying on the floor with blood all over his mask.

Once it ended, everyone looked at Harry who rolled his eye and resisted the urge to shout 'boo!', he suspected that if he did half of them would faint and the other half would try and shoot him. He noticed that Granger, Longbottom and the Weasleys were all looking terriffied of him.

"Mr Potter" Interim Chief Witch Madam Marchbanks spoke after a very long silence "I think I speak for everyone when I ask where you learnt all of this?"

"Libra, they taught me pretty much everything I knew." Harry answered.

"You were a member of this 'Libra' organisation?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am" Harry nodded "still am, they don't really let you quit. As far as they're concerned, I'm not an ex-member as much as I am a bad one. I joined them when I was four, quit when I was six."

"Why did you join them?" One member of the court asked.

"It was join them or die" Harry shrugged "don't pretend any of you would've chosen any different at the age of four".

"Did they make you do anything illegal?" Amelia Bones asked.

"Yep" Harry nodded after taking a breath "they made me assassinate a few people" Harry said and a few people gasped "they like us to start when we're young. They gave me a small blade or a gun and had me sneak into building and get near targets. Nobody suspected a little kid."

"So you confess to murder?" Dolores Umbridge asked with a small smile on her lips

"I confessed to choosing to kill other people instead of dying" Harry glared at the woman.

"Mr Potter, how many people have you killed?" Amelia Bones asked

"I've lost count" Harry answered "I've done what I've always had to do to survive."

"You think you're actions on the night of the quidditch world cup where necessary for your survival?!" Fudge demanded "You didn't need to kill anyone, also that bird of yours is probably a dark creature as well. I bet if I checked what it was I would probably find it's illegal to own one."

"Well if it wasn't for me then there would be a whole lot more dead bodies" Harry glared at the man "I went into that forest to save my girlfriend and I saved anyone I could find as well. The Libra assassins and those death eaters were killing and harming anyone they could, pureblood or not. Matter of fact, why are you going at me when your mate Lucius Malfoy was apparently part of the group that attacked everyone?"

"There is no proof of that!" Fudge argued "You forced his son to talk under pain!"

"I forced his bitch to speak and at no point did I demand him to mention his father" Harry argued back "besides the little shit was laughing and enjoying himself until I came along and you act like he was an innocent victim. Also, is nobody going to point out the fact that I didn't kill Malfoy? Huh? Simple, he wasn't a threat. The others were, I couldn't stun them because their pals would just wake them up and I'd have to deal with them again. I don't know about you lot but I don't fancy taking my chances with the best assassins in the world. Also, speaking of 'my bird', he's a shadow raven. He has no special powers besides his ability to travel bt shadows, are you really that desperate to charge me that you're grasping at straws like illegal pets? Huh?" Many people seemed to be considering his words while Fudge turned more red "Are you okay Minister?" Harry asked with mock concern "You're looking a little red? You're not about to burst on us are you?"

"Ladies and Gentlemen" Andromeda interrupted before anymore could be said "I'm sorry but I will have to cut this whole thing short, you cannot punish my client as it was well within his right to act how he wished in the situation."

"What do you mean?" Madam Marchbanks frowned.

"You see, when I was preparing my client's defence, he pointed out a very old law and I had spent a good amount of time looking into it. I was pleasantly surprised with what I found."

"Well what is it?!" Umbridge demanded impatiently.

"It turns out that the 'Libra' assassins are an old group, not just old, ancient in fact. The existed right when the magical world still lived in the dark ages, more than likely before as well. In fact they were around before the ministry existed, I found the law he informed me of and it is incredibly old but still exits. The law states that all Libra assassins are exempt any charges related to dark spells, harming a person in any way or form with the exception of rape charges and harming children under ten."

"What?! That's preposterous!" Fudge shouted.

"Maybe, but it exists" Andromeda walked forward and handed one of the court assistants a piece of paper "go search for this law, it's name is on the paper, me and my client are willing to wait until then." The assistant looked at Madam Marchbanks who nodded her approval, the assistant nodded then left to search for the paper.

"So suppose this law really does exist, we're supposed to allow Potter to do whatever he wants?!" Umbridge demanded

"No" Andromeda sighed "he does not have free reign to commit any crime he wants. For example he can not rape a person, nor can he become an illegal animagus nor can he commit any crime against a person under the age of ten, however it does prevent him from being charged with any crimes related to harming people. I have checked and it is one of the founding law for our country, that's how old the Libra organisation is, and as a founding law, it is not like a regular law. In simple terms, it's not a law that you can get rid of."

Harry crossed his arms and closed his eyes as he ignored the shouts and complaing of everyone, it took Madam Marchbank a few minutes to get order. Andromeda decided to take the opportunity to get the witnesses in.

A few gave their statements on what happened, when Ginny Weasley came up she talked about how she would've died if not for Harry and made it very clear that she thought he should be thanked and not tried for what happened. The three Weasley brothers that Harry saved, also defended him, even though he terrified them. Fleur and Gabrielle also gave their statements of what happened, and it helped Harry immensely when their father, the French Minister of Magic, had defended Harry and offered him a French citizenship and asylum in France should he ever want it. That helped change the tune of most people in a hurry.

Eventually the assistant had returned and whispered to Madam Marchbanks for a bit before he returned to his position.

"Ahem" Madam Marchbanks coughed "after some through checking, it has been proven that lawyer Tonks is indeed correct, the law does exist and she is correct when she says it is a founding law and unchangeable"

"What?!" Many people shouted as the court room exploded into chaos.

"Order! Order!" Madam Marchbanks shouted as she banged her gavel repeatedly, it took several minutes they still weren't quiet. Harry took in a deep breath and then let out a massive flame blast that went up into the air and nearly touched the celing, everyone instantly stopped making noise, a second later the fire disappeared.

"You were talking madam" Harry gestured Madam Marchbanks to continue.

"Uh...yes...yes I was" Madam Marchbanks shook her head to clear it "as I was saying, this law is set and there is nothing that can be done. So it seems that all Mr Potter needs to do is provide proof that he is a member of the Libra assassins.

"Proof?" Harry repeated.

"Yes, proof"

"Fine" Harry stood up "can I have my wand please?"

"Why? So you can escape?" Umbridge sneered

"So I can make a magical vow to prove that I am a member of Libra" Harry rolled his eyes "you've just seen me use magic without a wand, do you think I can't escape without one?"

"Give him his wand" Madam Marchbanks said to Amelia.

"Aurors" Amelia spoke "give him his wand, but keep your own trained on him. Be prepared to stun". One Auror gingerly gave Harry his wand while the others kept theirs aimed at him.

"I, Harry James Potter" Harry raised his wand "do swear on my life and magic that I became a member of the Libra assassins when I was younger, I also swear that I currently have no intention of helping them assassinate anybody, so mote it be." A bright gold light flashed, signalling the end of his vow. "Anything else?"

"No" Madam Marchbanks shook her head "you are free to go" She finished by slamming her gavel down.

"Brill" Harry turned and walked away with Andromeda following behind. "All things considered, that went pretty well" He said once they got out of the courtroom.

"People aren't going to forget this" Andromeda reminded him "especially since it's you. Things have just got a whole lot harder for you."

"Suffering is a constant in my life" Harry shrugged "now it's just a different kind, just got to go with the flow. Though things are still better now, I mean now I have friends and a girlfriend and a family. I'm just going to focus on that."

"That's a good attitude to have Harry" Andromeda smiled "though I noticed that Dumbledore wasn't very talkative today"

"He probably plans to talk with me later, that is if he hasn't given up on the idea of me being a hero yet."

"I'm not sure" Andromeda frowned "either he's given up on you or he's realised you're dangerous and is hoping to get you on his side and do things his way."

"We'll see" Harry said "either way, I can pretty much guarantee the old fart is going to find some way to annoy me."

"They're coming for us" Harry said to Shadow that night just before he went to sleep "we've got to be ready."

"Squawk" Shadow replied

"No" Harry shook his head "we're not going to run, now we Delphi and Fleur and everyone else "we can't run" Shadow trilled sadly "I know pal...I know. But I'm staying, how about you?" Shadow flew over and slapped Harry with his wing "Fine" Harry chuckled "I'm sorry for asking, thanks buddy. I think I'm going to need you a lot more than ever." Shadow rubbed his head before flying over to his perch.

"Thanks Shadow" Harry whispered before he went to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 205 26
Stick anyone with the last name Weasley underneath the Sorting Hat, and without a doubt it'll shout "Gryffindor!" Unless said Weasley was Elizabeth W...
1.4K 37 10
Harry Potter did not have the best life growing up with the Dursleys. However, that all changed when he when he is nearly 10 and found out his herita...
104K 3.3K 50
How would the wizarding world react to a Boy Who Lived who is much different from what they expected? One that is set to change the course of the mag...
1K 34 34
Tell me who I am, guess I don't have a choice. All because I liked boy. - Ellie Lovegood struggles with her past; she can't seem to forget about the...