Toxic For Me

By RenaShine

MATURE CONTENT Contains INTIMACY (uncensored) | VIOLENCE | DRUGS | Mention of different KINKS Some violent s... More

Sneak Peeks for a Tease!
Chapter 01: Coincidence?
Chapter 02: Our First Encounter
Chapter 03: Reunited by Destiny
Chapter 04: Crossing Paths Again?
Chapter 05: You've Got a Message!
Chapter 06: A Car Ride To His Heart
Chapter 07: Deal Gone Wrong
Chapter 08: Love You or Hate You?
Chapter 09: You?
Chapter 10: There It Goes Again; Fate
Chapter 11: We Drift Apart The More Fate Brings Us Together
Chapter 12: Gone Forever
Chapter 13: Let's Go Home, Love
Chapter 14: Gifts And Presents
Chapter 15: Shush!
Chapter 16: A House By The Beach
Chapter 17: I'm Your Home
Chapter 18 : Fun With Kinks
Chapter 19: Princess Day
Chapter 20: Trap
Chapter 21: Who Asked You To?
Chapter 22: Connected Pasts
Chapter 23: Take Care
Chapter 24: Delivering The Envelopes
Chapter 25: The Flu
Chapter 26: Happy Reunion
Chapter 27: The Day We Become One
Chapter 28: Dress or Mistress?
Chapter 29: Family Ties
Chapter 30: Choice is Yours
Chapter 31: Tough Decisions
Chapter 32: The Bidding
Chapter 33: Old Is Gold
Chapter 34: Jealousy
Chapter 36: You're The One For Me
Chapter 37: Return of Something Evil
Chapter 38: Enough is enough
Chapter 39: Missed me?
Chapter 40: Execution
Chapter 41: Long Time No See
Chapter 42: All's well that ends well, right?
Chapter 43: If I die, Love Again
Chapter 44: "Pre-" Wedding Honeymoon
Chapter 45: Everyone Loves a Happy Ending
Author's note

Chapter 35: Heartbreaks

5 1 0
By RenaShine

"You should be resting, love." Tristen hummed, holding Lavender from behind while she washed the dishes. "I'll get lazy if I sit in the bed all day. I have a figure to watch." She blushed. He wrapped his arms around her tummy eradicating every escape options that she had.

Not that she wanted to escape, though.

"Then I'll take you for a walk and teach you to shoot a gun. Ask me, I have just the right things for you to do." He smirked, getting naughtier with his hands. "Granna's right there!" She whispered. "She can't see us from the living room." He said.

"There you go again. Is this a hotel for you?" Granna snapped. "Come on, Granna. We're a happy couple. Leave us alone." Tristen said, loosening his hold. "Look at the poor girl. At least there's someone in this house who wants to help my old bum." She mocked, making Tristen roll his eyes. "Fine, I'll leave you ladies alone." He sighed. "We'll continue after dinner." Tristen whispered in Lavender's ear, making her smile. He left the kitchen, leaving them alone. Lavender was about to wash the dishes when Granna warned her.

"Be careful, Lavender. You just got your stitches removed. Don't strain your hand. Just take these bowls to the table. I'll wash those dishes later. " She said, turning back to stir the soup in the stove. "Yes, Granna." Lavender replied, taking the dishes to the dining table.

"Mrs. Killings, you don't look good doing the house work." Tristen smirked, standing behind Lavender while she set the table. "It's bad to not help aged people, Mr. Killings." Lavender rolled her eyes, spinning around. He immediately put his finger to her lips to stop her, but it was too late.

"I'M NOT OLD!" Granna scolded from the kitchen. Lavender bit her tongue, when Tristen asked her to remain quiet. "She's doesn't like being called old." He whispered in her ear. "I'll keep that in mind." She covered her smile with a palm.

"Tristen, if you don't mind me asking, what was Granna's profession?"

"She was an expert practitioner and surgeon in the medical field. A fabulous medic of her time. Of course, she was involved in illegal medical businesses. It is the highest paying business, you know?" Tristen said. "Well, I'm really thankful to her for saving me." Lavender smiled. "So am I." He replied.

"By the way, do you know what's for dessert?" He asked, looking at all the dishes she had set on the table. "Doughnuts." She replied. "Ah, I see. They're no ordinary doughnuts, you know? They're Granna's. In other words, she makes the best doughnuts." Tristen boasted proudly. "Really? I want to try one so bad, now." Lavender jumped in excitement. Those taste buds must been dying to get a lick. "After dinner. Else our baby will learn these bad habits from you." He smirked. "Geez..." She chuckled.

"I bet you'll love the strawberry one." Tristen added. "And you? Which one's your favourite?" She asked curiously. "Clear gazed. But I'm afraid she doesn't make them." He bit his lip naughtily. "Awh, then which one would you eat?" Lavender cooed, blinking twice.

Tristen quickly lowered his gaze at her dress, grabbing the hem to lift it up. "Good lord! I didn't know you meant that!" Lavender covered her mouth in shyness, grabbing his wrist with the other. Tristen smiled proudly, putting his arms around her. "Ah, right. Desserts after dinner." He winked, causing her dam to break.

"Wet already?" He smirked. "Shh! Don't be so loud." Lavender put her finger on his lips as she brought herself closer to his chest. "God, you guys are so good at making everything awkward." Cady rolled her eyes, walking in on them.

"Sorry." Lavender politely said, giving Tristen death glares. He lifted his hands up in the air and walked back a step. "Whatever. I'm hungry." Cady took the lid off a bowl which had mac and cheese. "Awesome." She smiled, grabbing a spoon to dig into the bowl itself.

"Let me get you a plate." Lavender said, almost walking towards the kitchen. "Great. You took one of my most favourite things away from me. Now you want this too?" Cady made a disgusted face, pointing at the food. "I didn't mean that. You can have it all to your self. It's just that I thought others might want some, too." Lavender tried to defend herself. "Now you're thinking about others?" She mocked.

"Enough, I won't tolerate this Cady. This is my final warning to you." Tristen said in his dead cold commanding voice. "Yeah, right. I'll join when others are seated." Cady pushed the table away in anger, storming up stairs. It caused some of the food to splatter on the table.

Tristen spun around to find Lavender on the verge of crying. "I didn't mean it like that." She creased her brows into small crescents as her lips joined themselves in form of innocence. "I know. Don't mind her." He pulled her onto him, kissing her head. "I'll get someone to clean this. Don't worry." He smiled, cupping her cheeks.

"Okay." Lavender sighed.

It had been a few days since Lavender's treatment and she had her stitches removed by Granna. She still had a dressing around her other palm, though. Tristen thought that going back to Janesville might not be a nice idea, because Juggy was dead.

The city would be in a state of chaos, obviously the underworld. There would be police investigations and Granna's house was far from being discovered. It was the only safe place for them. However, Lavender had her own problems. Cady had been giving her an extremely hard time, mostly in non-verbal and indirect ways. She tried to make it clear to her that Tristen was his property, and that she had claimed him since childhood.

She tried to win Tristen over using her girlish ways, but he was definitely not that stupid to fall for them. It was hurting Lavender, though. She was not used to being treated that way, unlike the others who were mafia blood and did not give a damn about it.

She was innocent, sensitive and took matters to her heart. She was not mafia blood. Granna did support her, but Cady would go behind her back to torture her mentally. Tristen was aware of it, but he could not do anything given that he was basically staying at her place. All he could do, was take Lavender into his confidence that he loved her no matter what.

Cady had tried everything to win Tristen over, and now, she was left with no other option. She only had one last thing left, which she thought would definitely work on Tristen.

Seduction by drug.

"Ah, it's been such a long time since you and I dined together, right Tristen?" Cady sighed heavily, showing how mesmerised she was. She touched his shoulder and caressed it, looking over at Lavender to see if she noticed. When she did, Cady stepped closer to Tristen, who was busy looking at something important on his phone. "Yeah, sure." He replied without giving much thought.

He walked over to the other side of the table where Lavender was sitting and sat beside her with his face glued to his screen. Lavender felt at ease, knowing that even when he wasn't attentive, she was still on his mind. Cady sat opposite to him with a 'hmph'. Everyone was sitting at the table except Granna who was still in the kitchen.

They waited patiently for her, having their heads in their phones. Lavender played with her fingers on her lap, gazing at them in boredom. She had no phone since Juggy had broken it.

She did not have a smart device to keep her entertained.

Cady had a phone, but she was rather focused on the couple in front of them. "You know, Tristen? I've been thinking..." She started, making everyone sigh in disgust. They knew it was one of her many tricks that she had been trying on Tristen, and they were fed up.

"How about you and I go back to that spot in the forest together? You even kissed my cheek for the first time there, remember?" Cady smirked, staring Lavender with a knowing look. Lavender rolled her eyes and looked away from her.

"I'm busy, don't distract me." Tristen said in irritation. "What work are you doing now?" Cady whined, not getting the attention she wanted. He remained silent in response, making her realize that he did not consider her important enough to let her know. She stood up to take a glance at his phone, mostly wanting to show him her cleavage. Tristen pulled his phone closer to himself to keep her from looking at it.

Brendon bit his lip to hold back his laughter just when Cady looked at around to see if anyone noticed.

Lavender suddenly got an idea, and moved her chair closer to him. "What're you doing, baby?" She asked in a gentle, soft voice; her usual tone of asking. She leaned in to look at his screen, closer to his face. "Setting up funds for our future." He smiled, putting an arm around her shoulder while casually selling whatever he had bought in the auction to his buyers; double the price. Lavender rested her head on his shoulder, while he worked on his phone with one hand.

Lavender did not look at Cady, because this was not really something she wanted to fight over. She just wanted to show her the place she held in Tristen's heart.

"Phones down." Granna ordered, coming in with the soup. Everyone obeyed and kept their phones aside, including Tristen. "Granna, why don't you sit here? I'll just shift." Cady said, rushing to sit on the empty seat beside Tristen. "Good heavens." Brendon rolled his eyes, hoping to God that Tristen did not lose his temper.

"Let me serve you." She said in an extremely high pitched tone, grabbing a dish to pour it in his plate. Lavender watched her with burning rage in her eyes, lips slightly parted. "I mean, since Lavender's carrying a child, I thought she'd want to rest. Don't know who's child it might be, thought." Cady rolled her eyes, pouring the dish for herself before throwing it back on the table.

"Cady!" Granna and Tristen yelled in unison. "Yeah, right. I'm sorry Lavender." She said pretentiously. "Lavender, eat up. Our baby's hungry." Tristen said, serving the food to Lavender. "Thanks." She put on a smile. "Eat up." He whispered in her ear, pecking her temple.

For a while, everyone talked and chatted comfortably without any trouble caused by Cady. Lavender ate to her heart's content, a little more than her appetite as per Granna's advice. Granna made sure she ate an all nutritious diet food, which was good for her and the baby. That's when Cady decided to make her move.

"Tristen, can you please pass me that bottle of wine?" She fluttered her eyes at Tristen, who reached out for the bottle closer to Lavender's side. Cady pretended to get close to him in front of everyone's eyes, and put a substance in his glass when no one was looking. Tristen simply put the bottle in front of her without offering to pour. "Thank you." She said in a flirty voice.

She smirked to herself while she poured herself wine. Let's see if you're able to stand this Lavender. This will definitely break you down, she thought proudly. "Lavender, have a little sweet." Granna said, placing a strawberry flavoured doughnut in her plate. "Thanks, Granna." She smiled, looking at Tristen, who gave her an eyebrow flash. "It's really good." Lavender said after eating it. "Granna's the best, isn't she?" Granna chuckled, talking about herself. Everyone laughed at it, except Cady who rolled her eyes.

"Tristen, clean up the dishes tonight. I'm feeling some back pain and the maid is already gone, so I'm going to rest now." She said, standing up. "Don't worry about it." Tristen replied, wiping his mouth with a napkin. "Let me help you." Lavender whispered to him.

"Yeah, I have a task for you." Tristen said, putting a palm on her thigh. "Go upstairs and choose the best pose to lay on the bed for when I enter." He whispered. "Tristen, come on." Lavender smiled, rolling her eyes. "I'll clear it all up. Don't worry, go." He said, giving her a quick peck on the cheek.

Lavender took Tristen's phone along with her so that she could kill some time watching videos while she waited for him. Tristen's men stacked all the plates and brought them to the kitchen. 

"Brendon, I need you to leave for Janesville. Check on how things are, and give me updates on Juggy. See whether he was admitted into any of the hospitals in or near Janesville." Tristen patted Brendon's shoulder, pulling him aside to talk to him. "Tonight?" Brendon asked. "Yeah, it's a matter of urgency. Lavender's parents may be in danger if Juggy managed to get away." He explained.

"Alright. I'll leave right away." Brendon said, going outside with the other men. Tristen made his way to the kitchen counter, feeling a little dizzy. He washed the plates under the sink one by one. Why am I so dizzy? I don't remember taking Toffé or any other drug in the past few days. He thought to himself.

He was alone, doing all the work like a good grandson he was. "Need a hand?" A voice asked. He spun around to find Cady standing at the door. "I'm done." He spun back to do his work. "Tristen, I just wanted to say I'm sorry." Cady sighed, walking to the counter as she leaned on it while standing beside him.

"I'm sorry for treating Lavender like that." She said. "I honestly didn't expect you to become like this, Cady." Tristen sighed. "It was shocking to me when I heard that you are going to marry a 'normal' girl. I thought at least I'd be the first one to know, since we've been childhood friends." She reasoned. "Sorry about that. Things were very complicated. They still are." He replied.

She sat on the counter and watched him do the dishes. "I miss our childhood days." She said with a sad sigh. "Remember when I was learning to shoot a gun and I accidentally hit a bird instead of the target?" She smiled. "It was one hell of a situation. You had me carrying the dead bird here and there so that Granna didn't know." He scoffed. "Yeah, I was so scared. I'm guessing we were teenagers, right? You had come over at my place and we were in the forest area behind my house." Cady recalled.

"Right." Tristen nodded.

Lavender took a huge yawn, her eyes tearing up because of the sleepiness. "I think the medications are too heavy for me." She held her temples, putting the phone aside. The screen was on with some romance series playing on a streaming platform. "What's taking him so long?" She wondered.

Just then, Tristen's phone rang. It was an unknown number. Lavender thought it would he inappropriate to pick it up, since she might not know who she might be dealing with. She decided that it'd be best for her to bring the phone to Tristen.

She carefully got off the bed, wore her slippers and walked downstairs. She made her way to the kitchen where he was cleaning everything up. "Tristen someone's ca-" She stopped at the sight of him and Cady, standing close to each other.

He was standing in front of her while she sat on the counter, her face towards the door. Tristen had his back to Lavender which was why he failed to notice her presence. Not to mention he was already fighting the high that drug inside him was causing.

"Come on, Tristen. We've already done it so many times. What if we do it once more?" Cady rolled her eyes. She seemed to have not noticed Lavender's presence either. "Don't be stupid. I'm not going to do anything with you. You know I'm about to get married to her and you're trying to sabotage us?" Tristen snapped. However, he did not raise his voice given that Granna was asleep.

He was also a little tipsy because of the alcohol, but not that much to lose his sense of mind. "You've changed, man. I know I can't change the fact that you're going to marry her, but you're not married yet. This is the only time where you can do it with someone else, like a bachelor's party." Cady insisted.

"I'm done with you, Cady. This is getting out of hand. You should be understanding of Lavender's situation right now. You don't know how much she has been through because of me. And now you're trying to add to it?"

"Then why the fuck did you fall for someone like that? She's not even mafia blood like me! Give her a gun and she'll turn it into a flower vase. That's the type of girl she is. I bet she wants you to leave your business like some fictional movie and spend your life with her boring dreams and desires. So fucking childish, never knew you'd become a paedophile for her."

"Shut... up..." Tristen rolled his eyes in anger. "You don't have to be so stubborn, Tristen! You need a real woman, not a scout girl who sells cookies." Cady snapped, looking behind him to find Lavender staring at them with teary eyes. "You used to love it when I took you in entirely. You said nobody did it like I did. You said that you loved fucking me because you could live to your kinks. How's sex with Lavender? Did she get pregnant because you kissed her on the cheek?" She smirked, mocking her directly in her face.

"How the fuck can you even say that? I've been patient with you all along, but you're taking advantage of it. I'm only sparing you because of Granna, else I wouldn't care how long we have known each other for." Tristen barked, getting angry. "This is exactly the way you used to behave before we had our after fight sex. You just need me to help you recall it." Cady bit her lip, pulling him close to hug him.

Lavender felt herself break from the inside, staring at them speechless. He's not liking it, I know he does not like it! She screamed inside her head. Get away, Tristen. Show her that you hate it, she hoped desperately. "I used to like it, Cady." He said, breaking the hug. He felt a little dizzy all of a sudden and accidentally held Cady's knee to get a support instead of the counter that she was sitting on. Lavender felt her heart stop beating, as if the earth had stopped spinning.

Am I really that incompetent and boring? Lavender's lip quivered in hurt. "Awh, Tristen! I knew you still had a corner for me in your heart. You still remember how it used to feel when you were inside me." Cady smirked knowingly at Lavender, turning her face as if she felt pleasured. She held him tight, causing tears to leave Lavender's eyes. Lavender spun around and ran back upstairs, sniffling all the way. Her slippers clacked as she went upstairs.

Tristen pulled back and slapped Cady hard, getting a whimper out of her mouth.

"You think you're smart? You think I didn't know that you spiked my drink?" He snapped. "What?" She stared in disbelief. "I'm credited for making Toffé. You think I will lose my senses to these fucking low quality ones? I have a high tolerance for drugs, Cady. But I have zero tolerance for you. If you dare to break us up, your skeleton will be the only thing that'll end up broken." He threatened as if he were talking to a man, and stormed out of the kitchen leaving her alone.

Lavender flopped down on the bed and broke down, crying hard. She placed the phone aside on the table and covered her face in her palms. Those words, they were true. Lavender did change Tristen's life. She felt like an outcast amongst the mafia bloods. She felt like Cady understood him better than her.

The thought of him and Cady doing it together broke her heart into tiniest little pieces. Tristen's words kept storming her mind. I used to love it. "It's all in the past, he clearly used past tense in his sentence. But why does it affect me so much?" She tried brainwashing her own self. "Am I really that bad at pleasing him? Am I that boring?" She sobbed profusely. Cady's words hurt her in the heart, since she took them very personally.

I'm responsible for Tristen quitting his business. I shouldn't have fallen in love, she cried harder. She wanted to just disappear. Her heart had been broken for the eighth time. She cursed herself for getting involved in the first place. And at what cost? For writing her a novel? She could have put something from her imagination and that would've made a better plot than the current one.

She wiped her tears, realizing that Tristen would be up soon. She extended her legs on the bed while leaning her back on the headrest. Her eyes went on a magazine, which she decided to take a look at.

The door barged open.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 59.1K 61
He stared down at me with those cold dark eye's. Backing me up against the wall with his hand pressed against my throat he growled out. "Do you know...
1.9K 30 16
"I need to hate you," I voice. A cloud of smoke escapes my lips from the cold. His brows and eyes harden on mine as he looks at my red cheeks and shi...
101K 1.9K 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
2M 53.9K 62
"Aesira," he drew out. "Damon." I said his name back. "If you wear this again tomorrow I promise you I won't hesitate to rip it off your body," he sa...